Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
wants to try the heat

so i can get brain damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

The smaller tubs are only sold locally thought out San Diego grocery stores (i've seen them at vons) but yeah like Chinatown said, looks like the chipotle is the one they ship out to other states. For good reason! Shits good. Best flavor for sure. Cilantro aint too bad also, but cilantro is one of those things that either taste good or like soap to certain people.

Or that one time when there was a Bitchin Dip Road Show and they had three packs of variety flavors.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got drunk last night and had one of the Kirkland pizzas that come in the 4 pack. Those are pretty legit for frozen pizzas. The most pepperoni I've ever seen on a frozen pizza and the crust actually got crispy in my toaster oven.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Can someone post the box for the frozen pizza. I can’t put a face to a name

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Hit my record Costco rebate this year.

$379

I didn't realize that the Travel factored into it. Took my family to Hawaii two weeks before COVID lockdown. Even aside from that I must've spent a shitload in the last year.

PBUC, will repeat

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

StormDrain posted:

Or that one time when there was a Bitchin Dip Road Show and they had three packs of variety flavors.

Still haven't tried all the flavors yet so thatd be nice to see again

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

peanut butter with semisweet chocolate chips on top is way better than it should be

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Much love for the Costco customers who walk in and take their mask off within two seconds. And the employees who see them and do gently caress all. Usually the masks reappear near checkout, in the hand, or rarely covering the chin or just the mouth.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Cowslips Warren posted:

Much love for the Costco customers who walk in and take their mask off within two seconds. And the employees who see them and do gently caress all. Usually the masks reappear near checkout, in the hand, or rarely covering the chin or just the mouth.

I was very disappointed at the Polaris costco because there were people doing the same, and they had been SO GOOD about it. Saw a few dudes just not even trying to keep their face covered, and one lady not even with a mask on her. And ironically, it was the first time I've EVER seen masks and hand sanitizer and wipes all in stock at the same time.

Just a complete shame all around, Costco. You were the chosen one! (I still got a ton of snacks)

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Where is the hand sanitizer in store? In the health and beauty or with cleaning products that's near paper towels, etc?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Is there a way to search local store inventory on the website? I’d prefer to not have to wait a week for a dehumidifier to get shipped if there is one readily available down the road. I wouldn’t mind just doing a looking, but Rona and whatnot.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Warbird posted:

Is there a way to search local store inventory on the website? I’d prefer to not have to wait a week for a dehumidifier to get shipped if there is one readily available down the road. I wouldn’t mind just doing a looking, but Rona and whatnot.

You can't do it online yet but if you call your local church they'll look it up for you

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I didn't get my rewards for this year so I called customer service and they said I've never redeemed my rewards. They said I had over $1k to redeem. Seemed high but they said they were going to send a cash card to my main warehouse.

PBUC

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lobsterboy posted:

I was very disappointed at the Polaris costco because there were people doing the same, and they had been SO GOOD about it. Saw a few dudes just not even trying to keep their face covered, and one lady not even with a mask on her. And ironically, it was the first time I've EVER seen masks and hand sanitizer and wipes all in stock at the same time.

Just a complete shame all around, Costco. You were the chosen one! (I still got a ton of snacks)

I was just there today and, yeah it sucks :<
I got in and out quick though. Just went in for tea, and the Monster I saw someone mention being on sale because of early work, lol. (Even if I can usually grab one from the cooler when no manager is around. Perks of kitchen life.)

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I got drunk last night and had one of the Kirkland pizzas that come in the 4 pack. Those are pretty legit for frozen pizzas. The most pepperoni I've ever seen on a frozen pizza and the crust actually got crispy in my toaster oven.

It is somehow my son's favorite pizza.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Grem posted:

It is somehow my son's favorite pizza.

No one gets fired for buying Kirkland.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Coredump posted:

Where is the hand sanitizer in store? In the health and beauty or with cleaning products that's near paper towels, etc?

In regular times it should be in the health and beauty area. But since it's such a hot commodity right now my Costco has just been putting it right by the front door so you can't miss it. They're starting to get shipments of hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes fairly regularly now, so if they don't have it at your local church it probably won't be more than a few days before they get some in.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

GORDON posted:

No one gets fired for buying Kirkland.

Exception being for the Lite Lager, which they will hopefully address with a better version before too long.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Coredump posted:

I found it by the cleaning products.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Is there any benefit to buying stuff online with the membership?

Please forgive my basic rear end question.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Over buying in-store? No, and sometimes it’s more expensive, it’s “free shipping” but they roll the shipping into the price.

Vs buying from other online stores? yes, you can still return anything in person, it counts towards your executive reward, etc.

Amazon’s credit card has much better rewards (unlimited 5% vs 2%, and you get it instantly vs waiting to the end of the year), and Amazon still sucks your dick as far as customer service/returns/etc. But if they have what you want at a good price then sure, it’s great.

The website UX sucks though, it’s constantly logging me out every couple days (even in the app), and for some reason the first couple accounts I created the checkout didn’t work right. When you went to the cart there was no item list or price totals or checkout buttons, it would just be a header and a footer with a blank middle. On my third attempt finally it worked right, but if I went back to the first couple accounts it was still broken. Dafuq.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 23, 2020

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Coredump posted:

I found it near the health and beauty section, right next to the checkout counters. The one at my local costco was orange scented and smelled just like cheap rear end vodka, which means it probably came from a distiller that switched over from making cheap rear end vodka to hand sanitizer.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Most of the time probably not, but there is a bunch of stuff on website that the stores don't carry. Furniture is probably the best example of that. Also I can buy cases of a single flavor of Zipfizz on the website rather than the variety packs they sell in store.

Zipfizz might be my favorite thing that Costco sells, if you aren't buying Zipfizz you don't know what you're missing. It's pretty much an energy drink that comes in a powder that you mix into a bottle of water. But it's not bad for you like regular energy drinks, it's basically a multivitamin with some caffeine and electrolytes added in.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Exception being for the Lite Lager, which they will hopefully address with a better version before too long.

I accept that exception. Some of the worst beer I've ever had.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

GORDON posted:

I accept that exception. Some of the worst beer I've ever had.

Do they still sell that at certain locations? My Costco stopped selling it years ago. Good riddance.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I've used it more than once to buy furniture pieces that were available in the warehouse but too big to fit in my car. Both times it was ~$100 more expensive online than in-store, but the alternative for me would be to rent a truck, arrange to have a buddy help, lug the thing up a flight of stairs to my apartment, return the truck, etc, which all adds up to at least $50 plus ~3 hours of my time. I decided it the $100 upcharge was worth it for me not to do any work whatsoever.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I live in the boonies so it's like a 3 hour round trip to a Costco town. The shipping cost is offset by me not having to drive my day away.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I live in the boonies so it's like a 3 hour round trip to a Costco town. The shipping cost is offset by me not having to drive my day away.

I'm not even that far, but I burn a gallon of premium each way, and it's ~25 minutes each way. So, unless I'm going to overfull the cart, or other nearby errands, it can certainly be more economical to order online for some stuff. Same with Amazon or anywhere else really.

And some days it's worth it for a drive alone!

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Really wish the headlamps would rotate through. Needed to use it tonight and the detents aren't holding very well on mine anymore after a year of hard use :(

Also, :rip: to the sauerkraut-and-brown-mustard dog, the first victim of the 'rona. I don't think it's coming back :(

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I’ll do it for clothes. For me at least I’ve had better luck with sizes on the website and it’s a lot easier vs trying to root around in those massive piles.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

MarcusSA posted:

I’ll do it for clothes. For me at least I’ve had better luck with sizes on the website and it’s a lot easier vs trying to root around in those massive piles.

They definitely have a much better clothing selection on the website, and the prices are pretty close to the same, and you can return them to the store. I order a whole bunch of shirts and return the ones I don't like/don't fit to the store. I wear a small dress shirt because for some reason mediums require you to weigh at least 250lbs now, and they don't usally carry them at all in the stores.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Jingleheimer posted:

Most of the time probably not, but there is a bunch of stuff on website that the stores don't carry. Furniture is probably the best example of that. Also I can buy cases of a single flavor of Zipfizz on the website rather than the variety packs they sell in store.

Zipfizz might be my favorite thing that Costco sells, if you aren't buying Zipfizz you don't know what you're missing. It's pretty much an energy drink that comes in a powder that you mix into a bottle of water. But it's not bad for you like regular energy drinks, it's basically a multivitamin with some caffeine and electrolytes added in.

powdered caffeine products tend to be eye poppingly dangerous if you gently caress up dosage

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

From the macro thread:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I didn't even know kirkland shoes existed. I guess I never go into the clothing section though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I didn't even know kirkland shoes existed. I guess I never go into the clothing section though.

Look at this non flannel owner here.

Just lol

The clothes are real good though.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

fordham posted:

They definitely have a much better clothing selection on the website, and the prices are pretty close to the same, and you can return them to the store. I order a whole bunch of shirts and return the ones I don't like/don't fit to the store. I wear a small dress shirt because for some reason mediums require you to weigh at least 250lbs now, and they don't usally carry them at all in the stores.

Which mediums? I'm at 250 these days I want some vanity sizes in my closest dammit.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

At this point i'd more surprised when there isn't a Kirkland version of things

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

At this point i'd more surprised when there isn't a Kirkland version of things

I would trust kirkland condoms

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
kirkland clothes are v high quality and sized for american-size obese people. so you wont find em in korean costco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Some items are website exclusive, like my warehouse doesn't sell Birkenstocks but I just bought a pair online after thinking to check if they had brought them back this year. They did, $40 cheaper than retail. Gonna have me some new sandals on Monday.