Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Hedrigall posted:

Does anyone remember some goon made a “which 20 historical figures would you invite to a dinner party” thread and got roundly mocked because his dinner party included the founder of GameFAQs along with like, Abraham Lincoln?

"Tifa Lockheart" is still a meme between me and one of my friends.

I don't remember the goon who posted that though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

pentyne posted:

Probably the only goon made game that wasn't a massive disaster or the vehicle for their weird fetish.

Harm Other will be getting released any day now

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Elephant Ambush posted:

"Tifa Lockheart" is still a meme between me and one of my friends.

I don't remember the goon who posted that though.

Yesss, you remembered another person on the list so I was able to find this person quoting it as copypasta:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3755027#post456340939

No Abraham Lincoln, but loving Moses lmao

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Hub Cat posted:

What about drops..oh

I'm assuming this is a joke, or is there something about Dropsy that I wasn't aware of?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Phy posted:

The guy who does Kill Six Billion Demons posts in BSS occasionally. Not very often, but I can't blame him because between doing the comic, and all the extra work involved in getting the print editions published, and also his two or three RPGs, I'm surprised he's not on an iv drip so he doesn't have to take food breaks

The guy who made Homestuck used to have an account here but after FYAD changed a female poster's av to text calling her a "pissy pussy idiot bitch" as part of that short time when they were given power to train people to FYAD and give them avatars his girlfriend posted that they weren't going to be posting as long as that was allowed so the mod banned them with a "heh, guess you won't be needing this account anymore then :ocelot::smug:" parting shot.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

luxury handset posted:

ropekid is probably the most famous person confirmed to be 100% original goon

one US goon accidentally became a minor australian celebrity thanks to a viral video getting picked up on the late night talk show circuit

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Caves of Qud developers have been posting regularly in it's thread for years.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Paradox devs post here pretty regularly in those games' threads, and some of them in other threads

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Hedrigall posted:

Yesss, you remembered another person on the list so I was able to find this person quoting it as copypasta:

Thanks for finding this post. I love it so much and I haven't seen it in a while.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
What was the post with a list that ended with Bart Simpson, referencing the episode where he shoots a bird in the tree?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Caves of Qud is goon made never forget that rad rear end game

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

one US goon accidentally became a minor australian celebrity thanks to a viral video getting picked up on the late night talk show circuit

What was this?

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Hedrigall posted:

This list is killing me because it's dated 2016 but reads like it's from roughly a decade earlier. loving VGCats? Excel Saga??

Can't really blame any internet famous people for bailing due to things like helldump or FYAD though, they're about as dated as this list but with approximately none of the humor

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
This isn't really a saga but idk where else to ask. What's up with all those accounts named after baseball players that have the player's cards as their avatars (Bip Roberts, Paul Zuvella, etc.)? Was that a name change thread thing in SAS or just a group a reregs who had a goofy idea? I never read SAS FWIW.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I think that was from a lowtax thread where he was giving out baseball card avs

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Elephant Ambush posted:

This isn't really a saga but idk where else to ask. What's up with all those accounts named after baseball players that have the player's cards as their avatars (Bip Roberts, Paul Zuvella, etc.)? Was that a name change thread thing in SAS or just a group a reregs who had a goofy idea? I never read SAS FWIW.

Sounds like a reference to the famous nes baseball game where Japanese developers made up a bunch of fake American names like Dwight Rortugal and stuff?

E: or is there an actual guy named Bip Roberts and :thejoke:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I swear I've seen a Bobson Dugnutt around here at some point

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

purple death ray posted:

Sounds like a reference to the famous nes baseball game where Japanese developers made up a bunch of fake American names like Dwight Rortugal and stuff?

Every once in a while the name “Bobson Dugnutt” will pop into my head and I will have one of those chuckles I will never, ever explain, even if pressed.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

that was actually a lowtax GBS thread iirc. i think he was going through a baseball card collection and offered to change whoever requested's name and avatar to a random player

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Alaois posted:

that was actually a lowtax GBS thread iirc. i think he was going through a baseball card collection and offered to change whoever requested's name and avatar to a random player

Yes. Those are actual cards of actual MLB players. That is not a Bobson Dugnutt situation.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Phlegmish posted:

I'm assuming this is a joke, or is there something about Dropsy that I wasn't aware of?

I was making a joke because it's a weird clown game. Gaspy Conana is cool as far as I know(He is nice and not a shithead on twitter at least) and Hypnospace is great.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 23, 2020

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
A whole bunch of Paradox Interactive devs also post here, and the current head (maybe director?) of Stellaris and Crusader Kings 2 used to do Paradox Mega LPs here before he was hired by the devs.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

verbal enema posted:

I think that was from a lowtax thread where he was giving out baseball card avs

Alaois posted:

Thanks. That's what I figured but I wanted a solid answer.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
its been awhile since the last free av thread

get to it mods

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Elephant Ambush posted:

A fun thing about that was lowtax even changed their regdate to the birthday of the player

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
how did sid get his regdate changed

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

verbal enema posted:

how did sid get his regdate changed

Admin Magic

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
could you change the regdate to BC or nah

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

verbal enema posted:

Only to 5324 BC :angel:

No I'm not a young earther and I have no idea if Radium is/was I'm making a joke

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Can we all just mutually agree to make it forums canon that Radium was a devout young earth creationist?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Can we all just mutually agree to make it forums canon that Radium was a devout young earth creationist?

I'm not opposed to this but I feel like there are already plenty of reasons to make fun of him without making stuff up.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Load bearing Fundamentalism.

Unregistered Philistine.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

verbal enema posted:

Real answer, the earliest would be Jan 1, 1970 because of the way it's stored. (You might see somebody with a Dec 31, 1969 regdate if you're west of GMT).

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Besides, the forums would break in some other method where people could be assigned a BC reg date but get forums cancer or coupons only.

^^^^^^ hahaha the truth is always weirder

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i really want my reg year to be 1955

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

verbal enema posted:

Time didn't exist before 1970, sorry.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I wonder if it could be future dates so we could all have slapfights over :regd27: vs :regd28: or whatnot.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

purple death ray posted:

Those names get even better when you realise every single one in that game came from minor adjustments to the names of real life people.

Except I think they were all hockey players in the NHL.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CannonFodder posted:

Besides, the forums would break in some other method where people could be assigned a BC reg date but get forums cancer or coupons only.

^^^^^^ hahaha the truth is always weirder

It's just the way computer systems work. Time is counted in seconds since Jan 1 1970 on Unix systems. That's why there's a year 2038 problem on 32 bit systems. You run out of bits to store the time. Actually maybe the forums could take a negative number? Go all the way back to 1901? Who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Captain Hygiene posted:

I wonder if it could be future dates so we could all have slapfights over :regd27: vs :regd28: or whatnot.

Make it so you can change your regdate to the future, but on that future date the account gets perma'd, like an account expiration date or something.