Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos
Mandatory 'back to office' one day a week after July 4th weekend at my employer. Combined with airline cutbacks, no rogue "work from low-COL area across the country" here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

wowee, they've been having question/answer sessions about going back to work in the fall, and the admin is waffling about how remote working employees will need to go through the ADA accommodation process w/ provider documentation in order to continue teleworking. the sham excuse is that they need to have "consistency" across the organization wrt everyone coming back to the office. the hoi polloi is NOT responding kindly.

mystes
May 31, 2006

IMO be extremely insistent that you want to stop WFH ASAP but make sure to cough constantly while doing so. Suggest an in-person meeting about ending WFH.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mystes posted:

IMO be extremely insistent that you want to stop WFH ASAP but make sure to cough constantly while doing so. Suggest an in-person meeting about ending WFH.

bonus points if you can hork a loog right onto the lens of your camera during the coughing fit while you have focus.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

no no it's supposed to be a dry cough

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i love working from home but wouldn’t mind going in one or two days a week. little change of scenery.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
gimme that sweet sweet needle. until then it is not up for discussion

ive got 18 months of expenses in the bank. they can't bully me for number.

(my company is definitely not doing so, to be clear)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

President Beep posted:

i love working from home but wouldn’t mind going in one or two days a week. little change of scenery.

Same, full time wfh is pretty good but if I must go in I would find it hard to complain about going in one or two days a week

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’m starting to get to that point as well

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PIZZA.BAT posted:

back when i was still in facebook i posted that graph of the 2012 arctic ice melting way faster than normal. someone came in and yelled at me because the graph had, ‘a misleading y axis loving libs trying to scare people’ and i pointed out that even when you let the y-axis go to zero it was still a monumental and unprecedented loss of ice. then he ranted about how the numbers were all fake anyways and i learned my lesson about engaging those types of people

hold a gun to their balls and make them agree with you. and then shoot one of their testicular anyway. that would feel so good

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Only 3 cases in Hawaii today after 4 yesterday, which is pretty much back to normal.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

the hoi polloi is NOT responding kindly.

"the hoi polloi" is redundant, as hoi already means "the" in greek.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

gimme that sweet sweet needle. until then it is not up for discussion

ive got 18 months of expenses in the bank. they can't bully me for number.

(my company is definitely not doing so, to be clear)

i have like -5 years of expenses in the bank. gently caress my life. at least dying of coronavirus would save me from this depressing cycle where i spend many hours a day hating my existence and desperately trying to find a string of thoughts that leads me to being ok for 5 minutes before my brain takes me down another pit of depression. oh god is having a fun weekend occasionally worth the grind the rest of your life? don’t feel like it. but also what else can you do? i do have an idea for an idle game i’d love to execute but it’s gonna be a lot of learning how to do it before doing it and where the gently caress is that motivation gonna come from. heart attack soon please. if i started getting one i reckon run away into a bush in the nearest park so it’s unlikely you get saved before you die 👁👄👁 peace out

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

Only 3 cases in Hawaii today after 4 yesterday, which is pretty much back to normal.

we got down to none but now our quarantine poo poo had failed and now we’re getting cases again because we didn’t test people. the country is so mad

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

shut up nerd

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
sagebrush are you gonna let roosevelt talk to you like that?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

fight! fight! fight! fight!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

President Beep posted:

sagebrush are you gonna let roosevelt talk to you like that?

ur next bicth

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

the hoi fyto

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

woah hey. i’m not trying to cause trouble here.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

President Beep posted:

woah hey. i’m not trying to cause trouble here.

shut up nerd

:chord:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
wfh night crew status: it's 10pm, cooled out here, i'm on the patio with the laptop workin with a fizzy drink listening to groove salad

life could certainly be worse

tater got bored and went back inside

Tayter Swift fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 24, 2020

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

welp, if the forums are gone when i wake up tomorrow, it's been a pleasure posting with you all these last few years.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
roose beep and sage

in a three way

is it a fight? is it a gently caress? tune in to find out

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Midjack posted:

welp, if the forums are gone when i wake up tomorrow, it's been a pleasure posting with you all these last few years.

same op

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Tayter Swift posted:

listening to groove salad

best radio station on earth 👍

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

echinopsis posted:

roose beep and sage

in a three way

is it a fight? is it a gently caress? tune in to find out

whatever goes down it ends with me gnawing on my own arm

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Midjack posted:

not sure what you m-- oh jfc

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

whatever goes down it ends with me gnawing on my own arm

and I tried really hard to cum wathcing it but it just wasnt sexy at all and now i am just frustrated

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i just ditched my favorite discord because toxic people kept coming in too. if i lose sa i’ll basically be entirely off the internet which is a good thing, i guess

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo

PIZZA.BAT posted:

if i lose sa i’ll basically be entirely off the internet which is a good thing, i guess

:same:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’ll start the wiki

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i mean, if we were to try to migrate yospos there is no real need for a wiki, the answer was always nntp. just need someone to take on the hardship of charging a few bucks for access.

(no, that is not going to work either, but at least it is on-brand)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I’ll start the wiki

i look forward to the edit wars over the dece 6.5 figgies page.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
I've mostly lurked, but it's been fun y'all.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

if i lose sa i’ll basically be entirely off the internet which is a good thing, i guess
same except i still have twitter but that cord could get yanked any given day

i caught up on the big news this am and yeah. if this place implodes it was nice knowing all of you for the past 9 years or so. gently caress 2020

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
yesterday was my first day back in the office, i'm going in 1-2 days per week now

it was fine. i view it as an interesting challenge, trying to stay in my seat the entire time i am there

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

yesterday was my first day back in the office, i'm going in 1-2 days per week now

it was fine. i view it as an interesting challenge, trying to stay in my seat the entire time i am there

Poop in your wastebasket

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Poop in your wastebasket

no. i will not resume pooping on company time until the pandemic is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i just ditched my favorite discord because toxic people kept coming in too. if i lose sa i’ll basically be entirely off the internet which is a good thing, i guess

what am i gonna do at work now