Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Following wrestling this last week and then learning on Saturday that a guy I thought was my friend is apparently a massive sex pest has basically destroyed me mentally. I don't think I can follow this thread any more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Astro7x posted:

Man.... I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but how the gently caress do we accept older talent hazing the younger talent by having them do menial tasks and basically holding their job over their heads if they don't do it? Is that okay because it's two guys and it's not being pressured to have sex? But then you read stuff like how Lio Rush felt that it was demeaning to carry people's bags as a young black man, and it's just like... how the gently caress do people not have any problems with that.

Like the whole system is hosed, and it just makes me kind of disgusted in pro wrestling in general and not want to watch it at all. Even if someone is not pressuring another person to have sex, there is just so much shady poo poo going on behind the scenes where people's careers are being held over them that I feel like very few people are innocent in this industry.

It's been like this for a LONG time and a more naive me thought maybe the backstage stuff had lessened since the 90s but..

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 24, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Wrestling court with Judge Calaway will take care of that

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TTBF posted:

Is there anything out there about it aside from that tweet which was "don't forget that time he harassed a waitress" with no accompanying info?

Pages back because this thread has 200+ posts every time I look at it but I believe there were details of her being underage and him forcibly pushing her against a car outside the restaurant, which is as much detail as we have for many of these accusations.

Maybe it's something, maybe it's nothing, but I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when it's not even acknowledged by anyone (especially Sammy).

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Astro7x posted:

Man.... I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but how the gently caress do we accept older talent hazing the younger talent by having them do menial tasks and basically holding their job over their heads if they don't do it? Is that okay because it's two guys and it's not being pressured to have sex? But then you read stuff like how Lio Rush felt that it was demeaning to carry people's bags as a young black man, and it's just like... how the gently caress do people not have any problems with that.

Like the whole system is hosed, and it just makes me kind of disgusted in pro wrestling in general and not want to watch it at all. Even if someone is not pressuring another person to have sex, there is just so much shady poo poo going on behind the scenes where people's careers are being held over them that I feel like very few people are innocent in this industry.

Oh to be sure there are a LOT of underlying problems in wrestling that I think explain just how many of these stories there are. The whole culture of locker rooms and the hierarchies that form and all the petty bullshit and machismo- it's a culture that really enables bad behavior like this. Obviously the abusers are responsible for their own actions, but more people need to start acting like adults and recognizing what the boundaries are.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

Pages back because this thread has 200+ posts every time I look at it but I believe there were details of her being underage and him forcibly pushing her against a car outside the restaurant, which is as much detail as we have for many of these accusations.

Maybe it's something, maybe it's nothing, but I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when it's not even acknowledged by anyone (especially Sammy).

Yeah, that's more hosed up than what I'd heard/seen and should be addressed.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Following wrestling this last week and then learning on Saturday that a guy I thought was my friend is apparently a massive sex pest has basically destroyed me mentally. I don't think I can follow this thread any more

I'm sorry to hear that.

It is certainly understandable. I am not sure why I am still following this myself, other than to reach some point where I decide that it is enough and I cut out wrestling all together or vainly hoping that a level of justice occurs to match the level of accusations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

The thing about Keith being sexually assaulted that makes it hit even harder is that he's been publicly just kicking himself over not having been able to help or protect abuse victims in the locker room. To hear that he himself is a victim is just a kick to the gut.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That’s really hard and I an sorry you are going through that

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

flashy_mcflash posted:

i'll take a stab at it since i feel like pretty much everyone is kind of at least uncomfortable about this or still in a "gently caress Sammy forever" mode (which is also fine)

i think it's that there's not enough substance to it. It's a second/third hand account about Sammy harassing/menacing a waitress in a parking lot 7-8 years ago, but not a lot of details, and nobody saying "this happened to me and its hosed up", we don't know what the circumstances were or even if it was Sammy.

i don't know, that's kinda why i feel like for (your own personal) sanity's sake you have to have some bar to get over into "credible allegation", and to me it's a victim themselves speaking up or someone posting w/evidence. like on Darby before, i was able to give him the benefit of the doubt, now the victim has spoken up and Darby can get hosed and hit the bricks

all of this poo poo is so messy and gross, idk

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

smarxist posted:

i'll take a stab at it since i feel like pretty much everyone is kind of at least uncomfortable about this or still in a "gently caress Sammy forever" mode (which is also fine)

i think it's that there's not enough substance to it. It's a second/third hand account about Sammy harassing/menacing a waitress in a parking lot 7-8 years ago, but not a lot of details, and nobody saying "this happened to me and its hosed up", we don't know what the circumstances were or even if it was Sammy.

i don't know, that's kinda why i feel like for (your own personal) sanity's sake you have to have some bar to get over into "credible allegation", and to me it's a victim themselves speaking up or someone posting w/evidence. like on Darby before, i was able to give him the benefit of the doubt, now the victim has spoken up and Darby can get hosed and hit the bricks

all of this poo poo is so messy and gross, idk

I mean the victim didn't come out herself (who knows if she even remembers or knew/knows if Sammy is a wrestler) but there are some details here, with the name of the restaurant, for example.

https://twitter.com/JasonF1824/status/1273834238429855744?s=20

I don't know if he could or would excuse it if he did bring it up but he's too online not to know this stuff is out there, even if he did block the guy who brought it up, and even a flat denial would be something, you know?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I agree that Sammy should probably be pushed to either deny or own it, but I have no idea how to do that, and now he's already done his apology and hosed off, so it's like what now? lol

he could just be ignoring it out of shame, as if he was still doing dumb poo poo like that it'd probably have been brought up by now. bleh.

now if someone DOES come forward to say "hey I'm that waitress you had pushed against a car at Sideliners you piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat", he's turbo hosed. you don't really get a chance to apologize again for dumb poo poo.

smarxist fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jun 24, 2020

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aries (apologies if this one's already been posted)

https://twitter.com/pwtruthproject/status/1275561413902323712

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

drat. That Keith Lee story hit home. I had a night a few years ago where I met up with some people I met through meetup at a concert. The last thing I distinctly remember is a guy in a new group buying me a beer. From there it's just two very short memories of singing with a complete stranger and being in the parking lot. I woke up in my own bed and nothing seemed out of whack, but I have no idea how that night actually ended.

I didn't think slipping something into someone's drink actually happened to guys. Still don't know if that's the case with me, but Keith's story makes it seem more plausible at least.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 24, 2020

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CHIKARA stories

https://twitter.com/CZWiggy/status/1275600745870606337
https://twitter.com/CZWiggy/status/1275607218478624769
https://twitter.com/CZWiggy/status/1275607303870439425

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

We've all heard and talked about the rumors of Quack being an rear end in a top hat or sleeping with female talent/trainees but it's so depressing to see it be true/worse than we thought. Nearly 20 years of people went through that school and I'm guessing a higher proportion of women than most schools.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
According to the website, the Wrestle Factory trainers are:

Quack
Hallowicked
Fire Ant (probably not anymore)
Travis Huckabee
Sonny Defarg

Not listed but I know he teaches classes:

Ophidian

I REALLY hope Dasher and Hallowicked aren't apart of these stories. That would be loving even more terrible.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

From the tweet thread it mentioned a "bear gimmick" so I found this

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/the-bear-5548.html?prom_id=35

three fights all in 2005. This has been going on for a loving long time jesus.

Who have been trainers for that long at the wrestle factory?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What normal human being talks like this? He comes off like such a loving weirdo with his "aw shucks golly!" language and it just makes him feel like even more of a creep.

https://twitter.com/CZWiggy/status/1275610220757168132

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Back in 2005, it was probably just Quack and Reckless Youth. In 2005 they moved from Allentown to Philly and merged with the CZW school. At that point Skayde and Chris Hero were added as trainers too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just trying to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, this Malia mdm Hosaka told women that they were to blame for being too scared to say no to a man forcing sex on them, and is upset that the women wrestlers she told this to told her to gently caress off?

Because, Jesus loving Christ....

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

What normal human being talks like this? He comes off like such a loving weirdo with his "aw shucks golly!" language and it just makes him feel like even more of a creep.

https://twitter.com/CZWiggy/status/1275610220757168132

https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1275628312002465793

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Just trying to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, this Malia mdm Hosaka told women that they were to blame for being too scared to say no to a man forcing sex on them, and is upset that the women wrestlers she told this to told her to gently caress off?

Because, Jesus loving Christ....

Would you believe her nickname's legitimately the "modern day Moolah"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chris James 2 posted:

Would you believe her nickname's legitimately the "modern day Moolah"

loving hell.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

1. This loving sucks! Wow!

2. Why is Joey Janela in this woman's replies trying to fish a CZW condemnation out of her and then telling her to "grow up" when she replies that she hasn't seen anything personally that she can attest to?

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ivypls posted:

2. Why is Joey Janela in this woman's replies trying to fish a CZW condemnation out of her and then telling her to "grow up" when she replies that she hasn't seen anything personally that she can attest to?

wait, wh :yikes:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Joey had that breakdown shortly before he left CZW. Maybe something really bad happened to him or others there?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
CZW sucks rear end obviously, but you can't force people to tell stories they don't have. Joey really showing his rear end here. Awful.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Yeah, it's not like I have any good words for CZW but yeesh.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ivypls posted:

A lot of accusations have come out against DJ Hyde and he keeps kind of skating on them because CZW is so low on the radar. She hosts the official CZW podcast, but it really is not the right thing to do in this situation to lash out at her even if DJ Hyde is horrible.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ivypls posted:

He's replying to this tweet:

https://twitter.com/CZWiggy/status/1275621544216141824?s=20

Which is very confusing to me. She previously mentioned how she heard Quack called her a rat, then shoots back at him but then says this. The two tweets feel completely misaligned with one another with this one sounding like "Everyone was always nice to me, so whatever!"

Is it confusing to just me? Am I not understanding the thread there?

Edit: I'm starting to think there's a deleted tweet at play here.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I was wondering if some more Quack stories were going to pop up. Every story of Quack I've seen prior to this paints him as a narcissistic, control freak. Him basically controlling wrestlers coming up through The Wrestle Factory and their gimmicks/bookings, issues with JoshiMania, that time he freaked out on Twitter because a barista at Starbucks messed up his order twice, and of course, CHIKARA's shutdown. I think the trainee bullying stories are relatively recent (within the last 10 years anyways) and then if that's the case through a friend, The Wrestle Factory toxic culture has existed just about right from the start.

And here's one about Icarus.

https://twitter.com/CZWiggy/status/1275635661278711809

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm starting to have actual doubts CHIKARA survives this year

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Jerusalem posted:

loving hell.

:stonk: Agreed

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
So, the Philly wrestling scene currently looks like this:

CHIKARA
CZW/WSU
ROH (they run enough shows at the ECW Arena at least)

Not exactly great choices right now.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Ganso Bomb posted:

He's replying to this tweet:

https://twitter.com/CZWiggy/status/1275621544216141824?s=20

Which is very confusing to me. She previously mentioned how she heard Quack called her a rat, then shoots back at him but then says this. The two tweets feel completely misaligned with one another with this one sounding like "Everyone was always nice to me, so whatever!"

This is what I was thinking caused Joey's reaction. A perceived double standard or whatever.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Maybe Joey is just some kind of rear end in a top hat

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I want to say CHIKARA's only hope of staying open depends on how much of it Quack actually owns nowadays and if anyone else has any percentage of CHIKARA. Them surviving the original shutdown makes me think they're one of these companies that can't die, but obviously this is a lot heavier. With Quack, Icarus, Juan, Kobald, Rory Gulak, Kevin Condron?, and maybe another obvious one I'm forgetting, they seem to be in the same boat as PROGRESS where they need to do some serious cleaning and a potential rebrand to survive.

Though I feel like some of the wrestlers would do well leaving the company and being allowed to do what they want.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DM Punk posted:

So, the Philly wrestling scene currently looks like this:

CHIKARA
CZW/WSU
ROH (they run enough shows at the ECW Arena at least)

Not exactly great choices right now.

GCW runs Philly as much as ROH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Maybe Joey is just some kind of rear end in a top hat

i mean he was every time i met him but those were forever ago and I kinda took it as "wrestler is rude to person who is friends with another wrestler"