Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Lemon posted:

For the last few weeks, a whole lot of gently caress all. But that's mainly due to there not being the work to go around (I work in accounts related to hospitality).

Now things are starting to ramp up a bit and I'm feeling aggrieved that I can't fit in a couple of Escape from Tarkov raids in between each email.

Also, Knightmare was by far my favourite TV show when I was a kid. I had a re-watch on YouTube a little while ago and after about 5 minutes decided some things are better left in the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZwjIFc7gvI

The Retro Hour podcast did an interview with the guy who played Treguard on Knightmare a few years back. It's pretty dope.

It's also a pretty great podcast for general Brit nerd nostalgia. They've had consistently great guests for years.

edit: Interview starts around 25 mins in.

Clyde Radcliffe fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

yet more david luiz are you loving joking

:negative:

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
I'm back to work for the first time in three months on Thursday and I am not sure what I'm dreading more: having to commute and be on the train for an hour, or having to be deal with the public again.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

ah, the inevitable heat death of me

not looking forward to the next two days lads

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

ookiimarukochan posted:

No I just had the 1 yen + shipping the album was going for on Amazon and enough idle curiosity to push the button. I suspect that if there was a sexy 90s celebrity I was going to perv over in my middle age it'd be Jet from Gladiators.

Jet was my Gladiator crush too, I met her a few times as a kid as she used to walk around Middlesbrough FC's stadium on matchdays with our team mascot (She's from Billingham.)

Speaking of Knightmare, as a young'un I had a huge crush on Natasha Pope, who played (among others) Velda the Elf:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Weird thing about Jet is she's now a psychotherapist, and her professional website also includes a photo gallery of her with Loaded-style lingerie shoots. Nothing wrong with that, before anyone jumps on me for slut-shaming or something, just seems a bit weird to be saying "Here are the professional psychology services I offer, and here's a picture of me in a corset holding a horse whip." But I've got very little experience with psychology, so maybe that's totally normal and Freud sent framed etchings of himself in a codpiece to all his clients.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I wonder what crisps she likes

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I don't think you're allowed to eat many crisps if you're a Gladiator

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Bardeh posted:

I don't think you're allowed to eat many crisps if you're a Gladiator

Didn't you hear, the show finished

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I reckon she'd have some M&S thai sweet chilli kettle chips with a glass of sparkling rosé of a Saturday night

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Sunswipe posted:

Weird thing about Jet is she's now a psychotherapist, and her professional website also includes a photo gallery of her with Loaded-style lingerie shoots. Nothing wrong with that, before anyone jumps on me for slut-shaming or something, just seems a bit weird to be saying "Here are the professional psychology services I offer, and here's a picture of me in a corset holding a horse whip." But I've got very little experience with psychology, so maybe that's totally normal and Freud sent framed etchings of himself in a codpiece to all his clients.

This has jogged my memory, wasn't she on an old Sky One videogames show as 'the games mistress' with that get up??

*edit: almost. PVC dress and a choker... https://youtu.be/Uo7FCEhSaJQ

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

This has jogged my memory, wasn't she on an old Sky One videogames show as 'the games mistress' with that get up??

*edit: almost. PVC dress and a choker... https://youtu.be/Uo7FCEhSaJQ

Yeah she was on Games World, which us kids thought was a competitor to Gamesmaster for the posh kids whose parents had Sky.

Little did we know they were both made by Jane Hewland.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol if you think that having sky was posh.

round my neck of the woods, having a satellite dish was 'common'.

that is why I never sawd babestation or l!ve tv until I was in my late teens.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Cyril Sneeer posted:

check out little lord fauntleroy here with his moneybags upbringing

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

So how's the UK situation regarding Lowtax being an abuser?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

He needs to go for the sake of the community at this point it's just pathetic

It's not like he's done anything in 15 years anyway

E: good points in that thread, don't buy any forum upgrades and leave his patron thing if you're on it.

Ratjaculation fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jun 24, 2020

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Bonfire lit

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
These forums are like my home base on the internet and I'd feel lost without them. So if we could keep the forums but lose Lowtax somehow, that would be great?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Jose rise up and claim the forums for the UK!
Allow us to use oval office freely in A.I.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Cyril Sneeer posted:

In the past having Sky was a sign of means but that has inverted (maybe twenty years back?) where now having Sky is on the "how working class are you?" Bingo card

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Some posh people don't have tv's at all these days. You go into their living room, sorry, sitting room and there's a conspicuously blank space where you'd expect the tv to be. Meanwhile, the plebs are all nailing 90 inch hdtvs onto their plasterboard walls.

It's kind of like how poor people used to be thin and rich people fat and now it's the other way around.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I have a tv but only use it for playing video games, so I get to feel superior to both groups.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Pistol_Pete posted:

Some posh people don't have tv's at all these days. You go into their living room, sorry, sitting room and there's a conspicuously blank space where you'd expect the tv to be. Meanwhile, the plebs are all nailing 90 inch hdtvs onto their plasterboard walls.

It's kind of like how poor people used to be thin and rich people fat and now it's the other way around.
And in ten years we'll have yoots called Rupert and Tarquin

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Is there a discord for ukmt?

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Soley post the discord again, the forums are dying and we need lifeboats

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Jose move us back to cccc I don't like it here

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Don't make me go somewhere with normie emotes. Psyduck and byodood are all I have!

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
we should all use my twitch channel as a new forums, subscribe for access

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Fingerless Gloves posted:

we should all use my twitch channel as a new forums, subscribe for access

Do you have an onlyfans?

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Echoing the call for the Discord link, I don't want to lose out on shitposting with you fine weirdos.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Pistol_Pete posted:

Haven't intentionally had a TV since 2005 and I'm poor as hell. If its just me, I'm happy with my pc for everything.

I'm sad and disappointed at the lowtax thing. Goddammit.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Here's the discord link my friends

https://discord.gg/QErneZT

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The ultra secret off site uk chat thread is unfortunately closed for new membership (djf your application is still open however)

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Cyril Sneeer posted:

In 1993 yeah. My rich uncle who lived in Milton Keynes (lol) had Sky and he used to tape all the kids films for me and send them up lol.

gently caress, my household didn't get the internet until 1999.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back

freelop posted:

Do you have an onlyfans?

i don't believe in charging for my nudes, just give me your home address and i'll send you pictures & worn underwear

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

we all knew SA was gonna die sooner than later and 2020 seems like a good year for it to end.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fridge corn posted:

The ultra secret off site uk chat thread is unfortunately closed for new membership (djf your application is still open however)

i don't want to use facebook thanks

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
time to go back to having a lawn I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dell_Zincht posted:

In 1993 yeah. My rich uncle who lived in Milton Keynes (lol) had Sky and he used to tape all the kids films for me and send them up lol.

gently caress, my household didn't get the internet until 1999.

Same sort of. Me and my mate didnt have sky, but his uncle did.

He would record episodes of the simpsons for us to watch.

I remember watching Termiator 2:Judgementday and crying for the first time at a film.

My m8 looked at me and was like 'cyril are you crying?

'No, I, uhm, it is dusty in here'

Bless him I think he knew but didn't push it.