Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sampatrick posted:

ye i think we can agree on this. its why sammyboy posted his kinda dumb as poo poo twitlonger. but especially with the new league structure that will eventually be here, that hopefully shouldnt be a problem anymore.

Sammyboy is also a victim, his former coach sexually harassed him so I think he's just bad at expressing himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
If youre going by quality, Grant isnt even top 10 English casting talent. Of youre going purely by volume, I still think bkop and Dakota have him beat. Grant is a ataple of NA past, but he can he gone and the scene will still be fine.

If BTS as a whole studio is as complicit as it sounds, that is something else entirely. Without BTS, Moonduck is the only remainign NA studio.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Sammyboy is also a victim, his former coach sexually harassed him so I think he's just bad at expressing himself.

that really sucks. i am happy that sammyboy has mostly turned over a new leaf and that everybody on 4zoomers is a pretty cool person.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Zurreco posted:

If youre going by quality, Grant isnt even top 10 English casting talent. Of youre going purely by volume, I still think bkop and Dakota have him beat. Grant is a ataple of NA past, but he can he gone and the scene will still be fine.

If BTS as a whole studio is as complicit as it sounds, that is something else entirely. Without BTS, Moonduck is the only remainign NA studio.

ya i think the scene will be fine without grant, i was just saying that he was super, super individually popular in a way that other casters never really were, or at least were to a lesser extent. i wouldnt be surprised if bts broke up as a result of this or if ld at the very least left the studio.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Why TI6/Sunsfan era DC left the org
https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sr9mhl

Well, Sunsfan left slightly earlier than that according to liquipedia, might have been for a different reason.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jun 24, 2020

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

lurksion posted:

Well, Sunsfan left slightly earlier than that according to liquipedia, might have been for a different reason.

I think he left also because of that guy

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

scene will be fine as long as it improves and they ditch all the rapists (there's probably more is my hunch)

fingers crossed my man draskyl gets some calls

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
is Draskyl still taking care of his dead old dad or whatever?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Reality Protester posted:

is Draskyl still taking care of his dead old dad or whatever?

His dad is going through chemo I think. He is there to support them but still does off-site casting.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lurksion posted:

That sounds like an incredibly typical "I have money, I can do whatever I want" type.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Zurreco posted:

His dad is going through chemo I think. He is there to support them but still does off-site casting.

That's good, off-site casting is all that's left.

I never liked him as a caster though :shrug: seeing him and Ayesee come back for Ti7 or whatever was pretty cool though.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Yeah he said on stream that he was definitely open to casting and just needed offers

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

I’m just going to say that ‘ah, this is it!! it is just better if there is never pro dota again!!’ is such a narrow, stupid, immature view

e: like i was going to elaborate but lmao

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

sugar free jazz posted:

Yeah he said on stream that he was definitely open to casting and just needed offers
He also talks about how he hated the travel grind required when he was going to most of the international events, which is the other reason he's interested in remote gigs where he doesn't have to leave his house.

I haven't caught him talking about The Drama very much, but I'm mostly just hoping he's not just another closet Zyori case and he's actually as volcel as he appears.

Iambic Pentameter
Sep 21, 2017

Ambivalent posted:

I’m just going to say that ‘ah, this is it!! it is just better if there is never pro dota again!!’ is such a narrow, stupid, immature view

:emptyquote:

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

honestly surprised Bulldog hasn't come out as a rapist yet tbh

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Looke posted:

honestly surprised Bulldog hasn't come out as a rapist yet tbh

Didn't his ex tell some pretty horrific stories about how he treated her?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
wait what'd Zyori do

e; oh looks like i have a lot of thread to catch up on, apologies

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jun 24, 2020

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Hey, just wanna say if SA dies tonight due to almost unbelievably on-the-nose reasons with regards to the current topic of discussion at hand it's been a pleasure. I'll try to check into the lljk channel in dota to continue any discussions.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Actually, yeah, this is one of the few threads I post in on the forums anymore, and the only one I don't really have a good substitute for (like a discord, or folks on twitter or something),

as wrong and bad as some of you are!! I would still miss it!!!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sr9mkd

"Let's talk about DotaDemon"

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

TheRat posted:

Didn't his ex tell some pretty horrific stories about how he treated her?

There was that pretty awful clip of him going "shut up woman" or something similarly disparaging and she understandably quit the game after it

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

boredsatellite posted:

There was that pretty awful clip of him going "shut up woman" or something similarly disparaging and she understandably quit the game after it

Yeah I think I remember them both streaming from the same house, him being abusive and she looking really sad/uncomfortable

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

TheRat posted:

Yeah I think I remember them both streaming from the same house, him being abusive and she looking really sad/uncomfortable

Bulldog is a physical incarnation of twitch chat, and unsurprisingly that makes him a pretty garbage person.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I get that Valve doesn't want to employ anyone because having 19 employees who do whatever the gently caress they want has made them captains of industry. But not even contracting with players and sticking them to their contracts was always going to end up with drama that makes the game look bad if it given enough years to grow out of control. Anyone who has been to a smaller tourney or read enough interviews can sense right away that the scene is a handful of 40-year-old manchildren looking after teenagers (and adults who haven't realized it yet).

There will eventually be howling when they do take action about Valve blacklisting someone "who did nothing wrong" because they didn't break any written rules but are too much of a human trashcan to allow a badge.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jun 24, 2020

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yeah it did not seem like a positive experience for her. Glad she left him

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sr9mu5

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/Kipspul/status/1275779337489461248

Floodgates are opening, aren't they

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
zyori sucks and shouldve been cancelled for his absolutely disgusting white guy dreads. good riddance creep.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Goddamn the replies

"If I can't pressure women into sex, then what can I do?"

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Superrodan posted:

Hey, just wanna say if SA dies tonight due to almost unbelievably on-the-nose reasons with regards to the current topic of discussion at hand

Whats this about?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Zurreco posted:

Whats this about?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Zurreco posted:

Whats this about?

Lowtax beat his current partner

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Zurreco posted:

Whats this about?

Lowtax beat another woman.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Oh jeez. I only keep up with like 3 threads on SA nowadays. The fact that this isn't the first time is p bad.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Man, I donated to both Grant(he was raising money for The Trevor Project) and Lowtax recently. I sure know how to pick em.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I've been away from the thread for awhile but finally caught up to the last few days. gently caress. Well at least we're finally dealing with a reckoning. Has anyone (is there?) a discord backup for this thread as well? I'm gonna miss pro dotes discussion at a non-infuriating level. If I can only follow pro-dotes on reddit I may go nuts.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

RisqueBarber posted:

Man, I donated to both Grant(he was raising money for The Trevor Project) and Lowtax recently. I sure know how to pick em.

your charitable actions hold a terrible power

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The dota discord doesn’t really talk about dota at all, I guess I could ask for someone to make a pro dota channel so we can talk or if not I can make a different actually dota related discord. I just woke up and I’m feeling pretty angry and upset still so let me see whatsup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

loving yikes. Hopefully someone can buy out the forums since as bad as goons can be, I'd like to believe that most people here have outgrown lowtax

But if the forums end up dying, then it was nice knowing y'all.