Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Only the FAA could say that an approach that can be flown to the exact same minimums is not classified as the same type of approach for alternate planning purposes.

:wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I also think you can consider it a precision in the training environment if you go below 300 using it.

Edit: yeah for things like alternate planning it’s a real kick in the pants.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Rolo posted:

I also think you can consider it a precision in the training environment if you go below 300 using it.

Edit: yeah for things like alternate planning it’s a real kick in the pants.

Yeah for checkride purposes an LPV can be substituted for an ILS. I used to know the reg number off the top of my head. But yeah alternate planning is really the only time it comes into play.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Rolo posted:

If NY center gets fussy I just say “thanks Boston” when I switch over.

That's a good one, do they bite back?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I run away immediately and cross my fingers the freq I just put in works.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

When it says that an airfield has an average of 135 operations per day, what is an "operation?" I think I read that it includes every individual takeoff and landing, so 10 laps in the pattern is 20 operations, but is there anything else? Does a go-around count?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Sagebrush posted:

When it says that an airfield has an average of 135 operations per day, what is an "operation?" I think I read that it includes every individual takeoff and landing, so 10 laps in the pattern is 20 operations, but is there anything else? Does a go-around count?

It just means the airport has mostly charter flights in and out, otherwise it would average 91 or 121

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

a patagonian cavy posted:

It just means the airport has mostly charter flights in and out, otherwise it would average 91 or 121

:rimshot:

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

a patagonian cavy posted:

:dadjoke:

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe
I didn't find one in the thread so I created an Aviation Goons Discord server here: https://discord.gg/dgs64Bg .

Hope to see y'all there - this is one of my favorite threads and it would be shame to lose out in case the forums go down.

EDIT: Previous invite expired - link above should be valid.

unpurposed fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jun 24, 2020

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

unpurposed posted:

I didn't find one in the thread so I created an Aviation Goons Discord server here: https://discord.gg/dgs64Bg .

Hope to see y'all there - this is one of my favorite threads and it would be shame to lose out in case the forums go down.

EDIT: Previous invite expired - link above should be valid.

Oh god someone make a database of names and avatars. I’ve been here 15 years and I’ve never read a username.

And yeah that’s nuts. This thread is one of the 3 or so reasons I’ve stuck around so long.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Except my avatar please. It used to be something else but it’s been so long I’ve forgotten.

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

Hey I've been checked out of here since the first go-round with SA's nazi problem, but BnR is where a lot of us have landed.

https://breadnroses.net/

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’ve been so detached from forums drama since regular gbs went away forever ago. I never knew there was more than lowtax-poor-sometimes problems.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Can we get a new discord link?

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

Can we get a new discord link?

https://discord.gg/FmCNyHq

AWSEFT
Apr 28, 2006

Rolo posted:

If NY center gets fussy I just say “thanks Boston” when I switch over.

Just say "Cee yoU Next Time"

unpurposed posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren:

Ok, caught up. This thread is the ONLY thing I come to SA for. It's been a pleasure keeping this thing going for the last... 14+ years? I've shifted over to the discord as well.

:siren: :siren: :siren:

AWSEFT fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 27, 2020

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

called a bugsmasher for a reason

pretty day flying overall, went to some new little podunk airports, and washed off some of the bugs in the rain

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I joined the Discord but I'm going to keep going with the thread until the heat death of the Sun or the forums close, whichever comes first, as it's easier to follow.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUSUXnr4dSo

On a scale of "Yes" to "Oh, absoutely", how revoked is this guy's ticket?

e- Damnit, I meant to edit my previous post.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

CBJSprague24 posted:

I joined the Discord but I'm going to keep going with the thread until the heat death of the Sun or the forums close, whichever comes first, as it's easier to follow.

Depends on if the FAA completes their investigation before or after the civil war.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Also on whether or not the pilot is a sitting Senator.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
:siren: :siren:

Get your conspiracy theories ready.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KjpUfju4Z7E&fbclid=IwAR3achaT4FbfP2aALX99d6IMTbP8FE903Qf7eG_EmA0NPg11J7WNO-x76Hk

https://www.record-eagle.com/news/l...m_medium=social

:siren: :siren:

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Journey is collaborating with known cia asset the scorpions in a domestic psyop. You heard it here first folks like and subscribe

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

7400 squawk code doesn’t mean poo poo, outside of the 3 emergency codes ATC can assign whatever, it’s just a general guideline outside of the emergency ones.

The lack of response from the gulf stream pilot on liveatc is most likely from the controller multicasting to multiple frequencies and they weren’t on the one liveatc was monitoring at that time, or could mean they’re using UHF radios, which liveatc does not have.

If the government or whoever didn’t want you to know about whatever “super secret” thing that is, they sure as hell wouldn’t be flying out of Ypsilanti.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Arson Daily posted:

Journey is collaborating with known cia asset the scorpions in a domestic psyop. You heard it here first folks like and subscribe

:pusheen:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

e.pilot posted:

The lack of response from the gulf stream pilot on liveatc is most likely from the controller multicasting to multiple frequencies and they weren’t on the one liveatc was monitoring at that time, or could mean they’re using UHF radios, which liveatc does not have.

LiveATC has the most hilarious frequency pairings, and no concept at all of multi-freq ops.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

Arson Daily posted:

Maybe they're trying to figure out where the midnight train going anywhere actually ends up?

zharmad
Feb 9, 2010

My favorite part is that the picture in the article was taken at the old state mental hospital. Makes the conspiracy angle even more :tinfoil:

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

Shout out to whomever recommended Sheppard Air. Passed my IRA with a 98%.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Prefect Six posted:

Shout out to whomever recommended Sheppard Air. Passed my IRA with a 98%.

shep air owns

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
https://balkaninsight.com/2020/06/30/moldova-shuts-down-bootleg-helicopter-factory/

"Prosecutors and police in Moldova closed down a clandestine factory that was illegally producing copies of Soviet-type Kamov KA-26 helicopters to sell to ex-Soviet states."

Counterfeit helicopters. Just those two words alone make me imagine pretty much every possible crash scenario.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

That’s probably one of the original factories before the USSR collapse

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Animal posted:

That’s probably one of the original factories before the USSR collapse

That's the only explanation that makes sense to me. If not, I really wanna read how they got their hands on tooling and all the technical data. That'd be next level criminal shenanigans.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Blue Footed Booby posted:

That's the only explanation that makes sense to me. If not, I really wanna read how they got their hands on tooling and all the technical data. That'd be next level criminal shenanigans.

You'll notice the complaint is that they didn't have the correct paperwork. Nothing about their international partners complaining about the product.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Would you rather fly in a counterfeit Kamov or a certified Boeing? Really close choice, as they say in poker.

*edit it appears that stock buybacks are banned in Russia, so I'm going to take the Kamov as the slightly less corrupt option

Pryor on Fire fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 3, 2020

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy0GMyfGu6s&t=27s

Kamov any day :D

Supposedly they can be flown without a license and are essentially just considered aerial tractors

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
If I’m just doing a 135 recurrent while already having the type and ATP do I need to do an IACRA? I’m off to school next week and I usually like to do it ahead of time because they always find a way to mess it up if I do it in front of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
I don't think so. When I've done recurrent under 121, I've never done IACRA, so I think that's one of those situations where the FAA relies on the employer to keep the relevant records on their own.