Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
History has changed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Every mayo fan that used a bucket is a monster.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
This is the worst result, that both sides have to accept each is as good as the other.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the wrong has been righted.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/muku_6930/status/1264179715406848000

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

adorble.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Mayo vs Ketchup Splatfest back in 2017:

pre:
America & Oceania 2-1
Votes 26.85% 73.15%
Solo  51.83% 48.17%
Team  51.39% 48.61%
Europe 2-1
Votes 34.04% 65.96%
Solo  50.75% 49.25%
Team  50.71% 49.29%
Japan 2-1
Votes 56.01% 43.99%
Solo  50.60% 48.96%
Team  48.96% 51.04%
Splatfest this time around:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

KETCHUP WINS

EAT IT MAYO-LOSERS

QUEEN MARINA IS BACK ON TOP

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Every mayo fan that used a bucket is a monster.

t:mad:
Buckets are in fact good and cool.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
If anything this Splatfest Alerted me to the existence of Japanese Mayo (Kewpie) and if I find local asian grocer or a cheap way to import it I'll definitely give it a try, but as is, this current splatfest definitely portrayed the american slop bucket mayo and thus deserved to lose.

if I were to chance on a bottle of Kewpie what does it go best with?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

KETCHUP WINS

EAT IT MAYO-LOSERS

QUEEN MARINA IS BACK ON TOP

YEAH FUKKEN YEAH!!!!

edit: I love mayonaise lol

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Al-Saqr posted:

If anything this Splatfest Alerted me to the existence of Japanese Mayo (Kewpie) and if I find local asian grocer or a cheap way to import it I'll definitely give it a try, but as is, this current splatfest definitely portrayed the american slop bucket mayo and thus deserved to lose.

if I were to chance on a bottle of Kewpie what does it go best with?

Kewpie goes really good with takoyaki and chicken karaage. Japanese mayo is really good, but yes, Splatfest was all about Hellman's and Duke's, so balance is restored.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Manuel Calavera posted:

t:mad:
Buckets are in fact good and cool.

Which is why mayo lovers are unfit to touch them.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That is extremely rude as heck. Bucket Lyfe.
:mods:

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

gg ketchup. I hope splatfest and the free demo brought in some more players that will stick around.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Where has the Nozzlenose been all my life? It's the kind of weapon that makes me think just enough to keep me focused but not so much as to get tiring.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Patch 5.2.1, tada that happened

-Fixed an issue where if the player had Dualie-type weapons equipped, they could travel farther in the air than intended when dodge-rolling, as the result of a certain combination of movements.

-Fixed an issue where the player could land in a different location than intended if they activated a Booyah Bomb and then quickly ended the effect.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Patch in some more weapon kits.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Do another Splatfest. I don’t care if it’s another repeat.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Zeruel posted:

please do what you believe to be ethical.

I think I'll play the squid game

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Tafferling posted:

I think I'll play the squid game

Turf Wars being the most ethical mode.

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

Grizzfest on Spawning Grounds.

I swear I’m seeing less murderbuckets this time around, though it’s probably just in my head.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
off the hook is real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo5nBGpYoh8

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
The first minute and a halfish of the song Your Wife is Calling by Sound City really strikes me as something that would play in Splatoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhQtI2uRpmM

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Wildtortilla posted:

The first minute and a halfish of the song Your Wife is Calling by Sound City really strikes me as something that would play in Splatoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhQtI2uRpmM

Every time I hear Fashion Zombies by The Aquabats I expect squids to begin singing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3EcG6mlZvY

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Hey guys I have a code for the squidkid v shoes you get when you buy a year of online. In case someone doesn't have one yet:
C0VYT74GBJFWWWR6

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
So I'm getting back into the game after I stopped playing around the time Clam Blitz was introduced. Has the metagame shifted much since then? Aside from new sub weapons and such, which I've caught up on. I see lots of people running lots of Primary Attack Up, when I remember previously that was considered kind of garbage.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Main power up is useful for some weapons where it increases damage. With those weapons, you can sometimes increase the damage enough that you can do about 99.9% in one fewer shots than it takes to kill, which means that if the opponent has even so much as taken a whiff of enemy ink, you'll be able to kill them in one fewer shots than you would normally need.

Like, you'll see Bamboozler players with a crap-ton of MPU because it essentially allows them to one-shot people who have stepped briefly in enemy ink.

The thing is, to get to that point you usually need to use so much MPU that you don't have much left for other bonuses, so it's still a little dependent on you being otherwise good at the game and able to manage ink effectively etc.

I feel like at least a little bit of MPU is usually not a bad idea for weapons that get damage increase. If you're increasing overall damage, it means you're also increasing the damage of fall-off shots, so you'll be more consistent in killing in X shots.

MPU is maybe also good for the ones where it improves aiming accuracy while jumping. I think it's a lot less useful for the ones where it increases ink coverage on the ground since the effect seems pretty muted. I've heard it's not very good for the weapons where it increases range either, except maybe for the Squiffer?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/beanytuesday/status/1283184858832023555

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I never got good or dedicated enough to worry about the meta viability of my gear abilities...

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m decent at the game but I never really bothered since it seems annoying to get up even though I have a ton of sea snails now.

night slime
May 14, 2014

Social Animal posted:

Hey guys I have a code for the squidkid v shoes you get when you buy a year of online. In case someone doesn't have one yet:
C0VYT74GBJFWWWR6

I claimed this, thanks.

Harley79
May 18, 2020

SeANMcBAY posted:

Oh man how I missed this music. When does this Splatfest end again?

Edit: Nevermind, I see in-game. Sunday at 3 PST.

I love splatfest. Hope it comes back soon

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Same. I don’t care if it’s more repeats.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Ask and ye shall recieve.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1285545386015244290?s=20

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

And there's three two more in the pipeline!

Takoluka fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jul 21, 2020

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Post-Splatocalypse schedules: Chicken vs Egg redux :siren:

• US August 21st 15:00 PT – August 23rd 15:00 PT
  • EU August 22nd 0:00 CET – August 24th 0:00 CET
  • JP August 22nd 7:00 JT – August 24th 7:00 JT
  • AU/NZ August 22nd 8:00 AET – August 24th 8:00 AET

It's the third anniversary of Splatoon 2, so to celebrate Nintendo put the switch back on for splatfest. And here we go again with a return to a classic splatfest – featuring the THUNDERDOME.

There will also be two more bonus Splatfests until March, so dust off those gears!

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Slightly philosophical here, do you label an egg by what lays it or what hatches from it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Twibbit posted:

Slightly philosophical here, do you label an egg by what lays it or what hatches from it

that depends, which side is marina on