Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Combat Lobster posted:

Man, I was pissed when they withheld 100 points just cus I didn't do the whole thing in one sitting.

The only reason I did it in one sitting was because I didn't know how to actually leave the quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

You can take about 2 hours and level an alt up to lvl 30 and sell the mag devices for an easy 3-4m meseta.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Reminder, the Clear Story Quest Campaign ends tomorrow evening. So if you're wanting that 40SG or this cape or emote, you have to clear about 2/3rds of the way through Episode 2 by tomorrow night.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I am pretty sure we were supposed to get Rappies emote at some point, not sure when that one closes out or closed out.

Zushio
May 8, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

Reminder, the Clear Story Quest Campaign ends tomorrow evening. So if you're wanting that 40SG or this cape or emote, you have to clear about 2/3rds of the way through Episode 2 by tomorrow night.

As per the PSO2 website, matinence starts at 11pm PST on June 23rd. Which means June 24th 2am in EST.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
If I've done none of the story, is there any chance I could power through it between 5pm EST and like Midnight?

I've still got to work, so I can't play during the day.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Annath posted:

If I've done none of the story, is there any chance I could power through it between 5pm EST and like Midnight?

I've still got to work, so I can't play during the day.

Yeah probably, just slam through, skip cutscenes, do the missions on casual and you should be right.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
The next emergency quest for episode 6 looks cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq07Ij0eShs&t=4884s

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah probably, just slam through, skip cutscenes, do the missions on casual and you should be right.

Even hardcore isn’t too bad if you’ve got good gear, though some of the episode 2 boss fights can be slogs even with maxed weapons. But if you want speed, definitely do casual and come back for hardcore later.

Also note that you don’t have to finish Episode 2; once you get the spell book emote you are done.

I actually did finish Episode 2 tonight, and the story was way better than Episode 1. I just have one complaint: who taught Ulku to dress like that?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I'm not at 75 yet, is that an issue?

I'm at like 64/55

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Annath posted:

I'm not at 75 yet, is that an issue?

I'm at like 64/55

Nah, Casual is always around Lv25 or so, Hardcore scales with you until the last two missions of Ep3 which are Lv80.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It took me like 1.5 hours to get through all of chapter 1 just skipping every cutscene and doing everything on easy.

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
Is there anything important or interesting you miss by just skipping the story and watching the Episode Oracle anime instead?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

sevenflow posted:

Is there anything important or interesting you miss by just skipping the story and watching the Episode Oracle anime instead?

Not until Ep3. The anime doesn't include harukotan or magatsu (because it's totally irrelevant to the plot and exists only as a framing device for a boss fight) but other than that it's pretty much exactly the same story. I suggest watching the anime first and then skipping every cutscene in the game unless it doesn't look familiar to the story you already saw.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Not until Ep3. The anime doesn't include harukotan or magatsu (because it's totally irrelevant to the plot and exists only as a framing device for a boss fight) but other than that it's pretty much exactly the same story. I suggest watching the anime first and then skipping every cutscene in the game unless it doesn't look familiar to the story you already saw.

Just watch the anime and skip all story unless you’re a weirdo like me that must consume 100% of both.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

The anime does also skip over the dragonkin which otherwise wouldn’t be a big deal, but there’s a major plot point in episode 6 that will involve them.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

InspectorCarbonara posted:

The anime does also skip over the dragonkin which otherwise wouldn’t be a big deal, but there’s a major plot point in episode 6 that will involve them.

Do they re-explain How dragon reincarnation works and their views on physical bodies being disposable, or is that whole plot thread only for people who did the matterboards?

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
Hello peoples. I'm trying to get this thing up and running via the tweaker and I apparently messed up somewhere along the way. I'm getting the error where it wants you to find an app to open PSO2 with after you start PSO2 via the tweaker, then errors out after a minute or so. The only thing that went wrong at all was running the winstore_fix file when I wasn't using admin rights. I've since followed other instructions to turn on admin rights via the command app and re-run the file, but I'm still getting the same error. If it makes a difference, the window that opens when I'm running the winstore_fix file closes on its own seconds after opening.

Has anyone else run into the same thing? I'm running trouble shooting stuff via the tweaker just because why not, but more direction would be helpful. Thanks.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

That means the appx package isn't registered. Kinda had to futz with that myself this morning after replacing the drive it was installed on with a clone, but I ended up running WSRESET from elevated Powershell, rebooting, then running the pso2_winstore_fix.ps1 script from elevated Powershell.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Buried alive posted:

Hello peoples. I'm trying to get this thing up and running via the tweaker and I apparently messed up somewhere along the way. I'm getting the error where it wants you to find an app to open PSO2 with after you start PSO2 via the tweaker, then errors out after a minute or so. The only thing that went wrong at all was running the winstore_fix file when I wasn't using admin rights. I've since followed other instructions to turn on admin rights via the command app and re-run the file, but I'm still getting the same error. If it makes a difference, the window that opens when I'm running the winstore_fix file closes on its own seconds after opening.

Has anyone else run into the same thing? I'm running trouble shooting stuff via the tweaker just because why not, but more direction would be helpful. Thanks.

Did you follow all the instructions on the PSO2 Tweaker page, including this part?

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
^^^ I specifically mentioned that part in my post.

kirbysuperstar posted:

That means the appx package isn't registered. Kinda had to futz with that myself this morning after replacing the drive it was installed on with a clone, but I ended up running WSRESET from elevated Powershell, rebooting, then running the pso2_winstore_fix.ps1 script from elevated Powershell.

This has led me down a rabbit hole where the script starts to run, and then errors out with this in the command prompt:

PauseAndFail : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'or'.
At <my game dir>\pso2_winstore_fix.ps1:485 char:113

And then in the log file:
Transcript started, output file is <my game dir>\PSO2NA_PSLOG.log
Version 2020_06_22_2049
The PowerScript NOW need to be placed in the Tweaker folder to be able to read the UpdateEngine JSON files

Neither the game nor the tweaker are installed in the same directory as Windows.

..I haven't tried rebooting yet though, let me do that.

Edit: Rebooting has fixed nothing.

Buried alive fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 24, 2020

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

Ardeem posted:

Do they re-explain How dragon reincarnation works and their views on physical bodies being disposable, or is that whole plot thread only for people who did the matterboards?

wait what

i don't think they even explained that in the game that i played, unless it's something that comes up in episode 3

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Buried alive posted:

^^^ I specifically mentioned that part in my post.

This has led me down a rabbit hole where the script starts to run, and then errors out with this in the command prompt:

PauseAndFail : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'or'.
At <my game dir>\pso2_winstore_fix.ps1:485 char:113

And then in the log file:
Transcript started, output file is <my game dir>\PSO2NA_PSLOG.log
Version 2020_06_22_2049
The PowerScript NOW need to be placed in the Tweaker folder to be able to read the UpdateEngine JSON files

Neither the game nor the tweaker are installed in the same directory as Windows.

..I haven't tried rebooting yet though, let me do that.

Edit: Rebooting has fixed nothing.

You have to put the PowerShell script in the same directory as the tweaker exe, they haven't updated the site instructions to reflect that change

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
IIRC in the origional version of the story The dragons would purify their world by drawing all the contaminants into their bodies, and then when they died the giant living crystals that ruled their clans would reincarnate them -memories intact. But the DARKER infection attacks the soul, not the body, and every time a dragon would get reincarnated, they'd wind up getting more corrupted and more violent. The good/bad timeloop split with the Vol Dragon was Aki working this out and having the player character forcibly purify the dragon. The Quartz Dragon with the little kid's voice that she later befriends is unique because it's the first "new" soul in [long period of time]

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Well, I got all the way through the story, at least up to getting the [SPELLBOOK] emote, so that's cool.

Its a shame the story itself is in ragged tatters, because what IS there does seem interesting.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Ardeem posted:

IIRC in the origional version of the story The dragons would purify their world by drawing all the contaminants into their bodies, and then when they died the giant living crystals that ruled their clans would reincarnate them -memories intact. But the DARKER infection attacks the soul, not the body, and every time a dragon would get reincarnated, they'd wind up getting more corrupted and more violent. The good/bad timeloop split with the Vol Dragon was Aki working this out and having the player character forcibly purify the dragon. The Quartz Dragon with the little kid's voice that she later befriends is unique because it's the first "new" soul in [long period of time]

Specifically, this comes up in a substory cutscene with Ko'Rela in Ep 2 Chapter 2.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
Well, I finally got through freaking everything and got the game to start. Yay! :awesome:
Aaaand I guess I need an XBone account to sign in and play? Fine, whatever. Tomorrow though, I'm done for tonight.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Buried alive posted:

Well, I finally got through freaking everything and got the game to start. Yay! :awesome:
Aaaand I guess I need an XBone account to sign in and play? Fine, whatever. Tomorrow though, I'm done for tonight.

Glad it worked, not everyone manages to fix it

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Annath posted:

Well, I got all the way through the story, at least up to getting the [SPELLBOOK] emote, so that's cool.

Its a shame the story itself is in ragged tatters, because what IS there does seem interesting.

Episode 1 is pretty bad, since it's largely trying to introduce characters and Xion being cryptic. Episode 2 though really starts to come together, though the pacing is still kind of rough.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Well that's terrifying.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Oh no what the gently caress is this poo poo? For fucks sake Japan, why?

I'm equal parts horrified, and amused.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 24, 2020

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Japan thought to go with :911: for this in the hammiest possible way and i love it.
I hope the burger accessory gets handed out during this.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I dunno, caricatures suck. I've seen more than enough advertising from Japan "all foreigners are lily white, have blond hair, and big noses, or are black, have red lips and look like Sambo (the racist caricature)" to kinda really not like cheap/lovely generalizations? (Yes I know it comes from living in a monoculture with no appreciable interactions with people who are not like you, still sucks)

I'm really wavering on whether I'm amused or not with this.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

there's an American team managing the American version of this game for Americans to play, it probably had a bunch of input from Americans

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
Are those the Christmas trees, just re-wrapped with extremely patriotic ribbon?

I'm laughing my rear end off at all of this, but I'm Canadian and probably safe from getting a Very Maple Leaf lobby in the future, so perhaps I shouldn't.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FeatherFloat posted:

Are those the Christmas trees, just re-wrapped with extremely patriotic ribbon?

I'm laughing my rear end off at all of this, but I'm Canadian and probably safe from getting a Very Maple Leaf lobby in the future, so perhaps I shouldn't.

They are Christmas trees hastily reskinned with extremely patriotic ribbon yes

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Is the JP side of the goon discord still alive and kicking now that NA came out? I barely played for the past few months and now I'm getting back in to the swing of things and could use a place to putz around in while waiting for EQs to pop.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Please tell me that cosmetic outfit is called CASTain America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

orange juche posted:

I dunno, caricatures suck. I've seen more than enough advertising from Japan "all foreigners are lily white, have blond hair, and big noses, or are black, have red lips and look like Sambo (the racist caricature)" to kinda really not like cheap/lovely generalizations? (Yes I know it comes from living in a monoculture with no appreciable interactions with people who are not like you, still sucks)

I'm really wavering on whether I'm amused or not with this.

I'm american and I find it hilarious.