Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
There's also https://goondiscordnetwork.com/

If I miss the Exodus and can't find the eventual A Discord Came In, I would like this thread to know that I have been lurking/reading/occasionally posting for the last 11 years, and it has been an honor and a pleasure to lurk/read/occasionally post amongst you fine human beings. Seeing Larches finally get his long-overdue and much-deserved ticket out of the Southern hellhole has been worth so much of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

SHSC Slack: https://join.slack.com/t/somethinga...MTBmZDU4OTU0MTE

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

SlowBloke posted:

No it isn't, that's skype for business/lync. Teams chat history is on some circle of sharepoint.

Teams team messages are stored in Sharepoint. Teams chat messages are stored in exchange.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/location-of-data-in-teams

The Fool fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jun 24, 2020

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
A ticket came in from a very self important manager.

"I need a webcam"
We have limited stock because our suppliers just can't get them so I said to this particular manager right here is a webcam for the 4 of you that sit down here - you will need to share as I don't have any.
For context, it's probably worth saying we cannot work from home so we are somewhat slow to embrace the Teams revolution.

That was working fine, but another ticket came in
'Me and other manager have a clash so I need a webcam'
ok so I have one, but please be aware I have just promised the boss we can move the morning management call to Teams so I've promised this webcam to someone else, that means I am being very clear that this is a loaner and I will be getting it back imminently (as you can tell, I know what is going on here...)

She said 'Oh well I'm on the managers call so I need it anyway'
"you are not on the list I've been given and I haven't heard you on the call for months"
I am less senior than her, so she didn't like that I am invited and she isn't, but I don't like demanding people who lie so that's the way this cookie is going to crumble.

Granted, I have emailed my supplier and asked is webcam lead times still outrageously stupid and I fully intend to buy some using petty cash rather than going via approved suppliers if I have to but yeah, caught you lying, you can do one :D

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The Fool posted:

Teams team messages are stored in Sharepoint. Teams chat messages are stored in exchange.

Sure. Why not? It's 2020, lets just all do whatever.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

The Fool posted:

But what’s stored in the balls?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

But what’s stored in the balls?

Tasks

stevewm
May 10, 2005

angry armadillo posted:

Granted, I have emailed my supplier and asked is webcam lead times still outrageously stupid and I fully intend to buy some using petty cash rather than going via approved suppliers if I have to but yeah, caught you lying, you can do one :D

In desperation I ended up buying like 10 generic no-name "HD" webcams off eBay. (https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Webcam...872.m2749.l2649) They came in 6 days and I was quite surprised when I tried one for the first time... Picture is fantastic and the mic works really good. Works out of the box with no drivers required.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
A job came in :yotj:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

larchesdanrew posted:

Congrats, you deserve it!

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

The Fool posted:

Maybe it's different for edu customers but we only see voicemails on exchange, any ediscovery search on exchange won't find poo poo on teams chat history.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

larchesdanrew posted:

Congrats, enjoy the pod even though I will miss your stories about terrible jobs

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost

larchesdanrew posted:

With the current events about the forums, this is about the best ending I could ask for to this saga. Congratulations! :toot:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

larchesdanrew posted:

Congratulations dude.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

larchesdanrew posted:

Congrats!

I will echo the sentiment that it has been excellent having this community to ask questions of, vent to and honestly help me grow exponentially in my career (probably life in general oh god what have I become); without the awesome folks here I would be years behind where I am now.

Thanks IT goons for everything, hopefully this place doesn't go poof.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

larchesdanrew posted:

Outstanding.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

larchesdanrew posted:

Congrats! Now join the slack crew

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!

larchesdanrew posted:

It's the end of an era, congrats!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

As soon as larches gets a good job, the entire forums shuts down.

It is the way.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

stevewm posted:

In desperation I ended up buying like 10 generic no-name "HD" webcams off eBay. (https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Webcam...872.m2749.l2649) They came in 6 days and I was quite surprised when I tried one for the first time... Picture is fantastic and the mic works really good. Works out of the box with no drivers required.

Cheers - I get the impression they are there to be had, just not with our approved vendors but I can work around that

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

GreenNight posted:

As soon as larches gets a good job, the entire forums shuts down.

It is the way.

The law of Conservation of forums drama suggests that several dozen goons climbed out of wells today, much like a 7 year cicada swarm. Thier total lack of drama caused an equal and opposite drama implosion elsewhere.

Don't beat people up, use your words like a functioning adult.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

[SPAM] If you feel the need to more serious post, check this out here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929022

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

larchesdanrew posted:

Nice work! Congrats on the job, and the move.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

larchesdanrew posted:

Larches, even if today wasn't today in SA history, or in the midst of 2020 being 2020, I would still be super happy for you, and oh boy am I happy for you. You've had to do some seriously big steps over the years and your ability to weather the crap you've had to weather is a skill I wish I could begin to approach.

Congratulations, and may the new job be all that you hope for and the great positive karmic cash-in you deserve.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

larchesdanrew posted:

:yotj:

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
:yotj: at least there's some good news today

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

larchesdanrew posted:

finally some good news in 2020

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe

larchesdanrew posted:

movax posted:

[SPAM] If you feel the need to more serious post, check this out here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929022

[roll credits]

wibble
May 20, 2001
Meep meep
Fly Larches, fly,
touch the sky Larches and dont look back!

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

larchesdanrew posted:

We're never going to interact again, so I want my last post to you to wish you the satisfaction and respect that you deserve in this job.

and likewise the rest of you: from the heart of my bottom, I hope your lives go well.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
The forums aren’t going anywhere folks. Not for a while. I will tox on this one.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

This is the kind of place that will die a long slow death, no-one is going to turn it off overnight.

TS Eliot style

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Sickening posted:

The forums aren’t going anywhere folks. Not for a while. I will tox on this one.

It's clever wit like this that I will miss.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Fool posted:

TS Eliot style

This is the way the posts end
Not with a :frog: but a :colbert:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Moo the cow posted:

It's clever wit like this that I will miss.

You are scaring me
I'm going to make a big fuss over your posts if you don't talk to me right now in this thread

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.

drat. Blocked on my work network.

MJP posted:

There's also https://goondiscordnetwork.com/

If I miss the Exodus and can't find the eventual A Discord Came In, I would like this thread to know that I have been lurking/reading/occasionally posting for the last 11 years, and it has been an honor and a pleasure to lurk/read/occasionally post amongst you fine human beings. Seeing Larches finally get his long-overdue and much-deserved ticket out of the Southern hellhole has been worth so much of it.

Discord, however, is not.

Our blocked sites list is... rather inconsistent.

Youtube - blocked
Facebook - blocked
Twitter - blocked
Instagram - blocked
Reddit - not blocked
Imgur - not blocked
Slack - blocked
Discord - not blocked
Netflix, HBO Go, Disney+ - not blocked, but buffer so bad as to be unwatchable
HBO Max - not blocked works perfect

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Spinz posted:

You are scaring me
I'm going to make a big fuss over your posts if you don't talk to me right now in this thread

Oh christ, I don't mean that I am going to play blindfold-hopscotch on the freeway, or anything like that.

It's sadness that this place has died and that there's a bunch of people I am weirdly-fond of that I won't get to interact with anymore.

(but I really do appreciate the concern. Which just highlights it even more because you wouldn't see stuff like that on Reddit or in the YouTube comments)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

CollegeCop posted:

drat. Blocked on my work network.

Discord, however, is not.

Youtube - blocked
Facebook - blocked
Twitter - blocked
Instagram - blocked
Reddit - not blocked
Imgur - not blocked
Slack - blocked
Discord - not blocked
Netflix, HBO Go, Disney+ - not blocked, but buffer so bad as to be unwatchable
HBO Max - not blocked works perfect

Slack, a legit business collaboration client, is blocked on an enterprise network. Checks out.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

larchesdanrew posted:

Woohooo! :yotj: :yotj: :yotj:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CollegeCop posted:

Ours is weird too, thanks to the Worst Corporate Proxy Ever. Twitter isn't blocked, nor is Facebook or SA. *.google.com is blocked for anything than search.google.com in order to block people from logging on to a Google account and getting stuff off the network.

You can't email pdf or zip files outside the domain. jpgs are fine. Renaming extensions gets around it.

The proxy injects a root CA cert from the logged-on user's domain. If you need to get to a web app on another subdomain in the company, you need a VDI or PC joined to that subdomain to access it. Internet Options is grayed out where you can disable the forced domain part and log on with otherdomain\username.

Trusted Sites is managed by GPO. *.microsoft.com is not trusted. That means you can't even download something to have the helpdesk install with their elevated admin accounts (good practice, but still).

All kinds of crazy dumb or weird security poo poo going on at Bigcompany.