Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Whoria Discordia posted:

Welp, got my 10k done. (split across 7 documents because I was working on several ideas and also I'm a disorganized, sue me) Bad news is it's entirely poo poo I don't want to inflict on other humans. Half of it's not even actual story; it's the written equivalent of stalling, with some word salad thrown in.
I blame COVID and anxiety for giving me writer's block.

But! If this is satisfactory I would like to go again for April, this time for 2k BUT I have to post it for others to read. That way I have to put all my effort into making one story that I'm satisfied with.

Hi! How's the posting going? Feel free to post a thread in CC if you haven't already; the minimum is actually 4k but I didn't catch it when you posted so you're good, this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
New total wordcount is 86,768. Growth of 9,055. This thing's going to need some editing.

Gonna :toxx: another 5k for May.

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
I'm gonna give this a shot. :toxx: for 4k by 5/31/20

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
post for a nu page actually to say ban my rear end. i could only come up with 28 k, split into these 2 docs:

unnamed pt.1

unnamed pt. 2

pt. 1 is edited to be readable, pt. 2 is not

i thought id made up the days i missed in extra words but im too tired to look for wherever words may be hiding and i dont remember writing stuff i didnt see compiled in one of the docs. i could make it up in a couple days but honestly it would take till may 3

ban me cuz u kno u wanna but i really tried

cuz i wanna keep going make it a perma if i dont rereg at the end of may with at least 20k and the codex piece i started finished. i think people might breathe a bit easier if i was permad also. im too tired to like... not type that

take the moon fucked around with this message at 04:51 on May 2, 2020

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

take the moon posted:

post for a nu page actually to say ban my rear end. i could only come up with 28 k, split into these 2 docs:

unnamed pt.1

unnamed pt. 2

pt. 1 is edited to be readable, pt. 2 is not

i thought id made up the days i missed in extra words but im too tired to look for wherever words may be hiding and i dont remember writing stuff i didnt see compiled in one of the docs. i could make it up in a couple days but honestly it would take till may 3

ban me cuz u kno u wanna but i really tried

cuz i wanna keep going make it a perma if i dont rereg at the end of may with at least 20k and the codex piece i started finished. i think people might breathe a bit easier if i was permad also. im too tired to like... not type that

Take till May 3 dude, let's call it May 3, 2359 PST.

This is to help us get words down, long as you do that it's doing its job.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I just realized it's not 2019 anymore. Is it easier to change the thread title, or start a new thread??? does anyone care

Sitting Here posted:

here is where I left off:

My LW doc is now updated with three additional chapters and a brief interlude.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZbfdUh_CdrrDcyrSyV6Fl_4dgq5pGWrpBvpm8uS1_4g/edit?usp=sharing

:toxx: for three more chapters by the end of April, or two chapters and two interludes

The above google docs link is now up to date. I added four complete chapters and one incomplete chapter, exceeding my goal.

If you are reading along, just FYI this part is more first drafty than others and there may be lots of weird first drafty stuff. I appreciate everyone who is reading and leaving little comments :)

Chapter list showing the additional chapters.

:toxx: for three more chapters in May

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

lol yes hm 2020 well in my defence it's only may

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Whoria Discordia posted:

Welp, got my 10k done. (split across 7 documents because I was working on several ideas and also I'm a disorganized, sue me) Bad news is it's entirely poo poo I don't want to inflict on other humans. Half of it's not even actual story; it's the written equivalent of stalling, with some word salad thrown in.
I blame COVID and anxiety for giving me writer's block.

But! If this is satisfactory I would like to go again for April, this time for 2k BUT I have to post it for others to read. That way I have to put all my effort into making one story that I'm satisfied with.

tab for this comes due in a few hours, btw, same as spectres.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
lol I thought I had longer what is time. last thou'll be some bs // venting

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

take the moon posted:

lol I thought I had longer what is time. last thou'll be some bs // venting

oh poo poo, yeah sorry read the date wrong. 24ish hours from now.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
oh lol cool. well now I have some bonus nonsense :)

e: second doc has been updated with um what can be technically called words // maybe also tripped out gibberish that i can desperately try to fit into some kind of narrative context or framework

31 k in total apparently

e2: :toxx: for 20k. 3 subs

take the moon fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 4, 2020

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Okay, I've been meaning to write this thing for half of March and all of April and I've only put down like 1k words, so:

:toxx: for either 9k words for the script for my dumb gay vn idea, or for finishing the script itself.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hi! time's nearly up - report in, long walkers!

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

Done. 4,032. Attached pic for proof.

Gonna go ahead and :toxx: for June. 4k again.

:grovertoot:

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
lol I set my poo poo for 2k and once I close it out I should be good. But it'll take till the end of tomorrow to edit something out of all this and subgrind it

I wanna die lol

I prolly can't post up tonite

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
This will take some explaining because I did a huge revamp in addition to new chapters.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZbfdUh_CdrrDcyrSyV6Fl_4dgq5pGWrpBvpm8uS1_4g/edit?usp=sharing

Chapters circled in orange were heavily edited, broken up, and rearranged.

Chapters in blue are new (One of them I had started last month, so it's in the previous chapter list, but I hadn't finished it and ultimately rewrote what I did have).

Red chapter was not edited at all.

I am counting the "orange" chapters as new because it took essentially the same amount of time and words as an entirely brand new chapter. So all the orange + two blue = goal for May.

Link updated with new content. Total new words was around 5K, maybe more but it's hard to say.

:toxx: for three more chapters (or comparable work)

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
...as I post the above, I realize that I had not in fact written working title "Merle is sanguine as gently caress" as of my last check-in. So actually I did more like 4 chapters worth of work.

Sitting Here fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 1, 2020

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

It makes no attempt to sound human. It is atoms and stars.

:toxx: for 10k on my gangster book in June.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.

Just barely squeaked by this month.

5,019 total words. Just hit a huge stretch of not feeling able to write, then forced the last 3,500 or so in the last few days.

Only :toxx:ing for 4k this month.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Give me 20k for June, or give me death!

:toxx:

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
I have a bunch of excuses but basically I didn't make it. I'll toxx for June after I rereg.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
here is besides the losers i wrote for td the only stuff i wrote this month worth even being typed out. ill be a slut for it. crit away plz. ill take what i can get

i mashed every .txt into one file and apparently i have enough

im gonna go for a walk but ill subgrind before midnight so im tech only a day late. do u doubt me??? no i'll post proof

i shouldnt write next month lol. im just gonna edit

e:

take the moon fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jun 2, 2020

Profane Accessory
Feb 23, 2012

:toxx: 10K new June word-gems for my brilliant and breathtaking novel project.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Give me 20k for June, or give me death!

:toxx:

Oh boy I shouldn't have said this before getting my work schedule. I have a total of four days off this month, and I haven't written a word so far. I'm sure I can get it done in those four days!

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
e: bad post

take the moon fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 16, 2020

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

sebmojo posted:

Hi! time's nearly up - report in, long walkers!

Hey, since I'm probably not going to make my toxx, and I don't feel comfortable giving money to these forums right now to re-reg, is it possible that if (when) I fail I could make a :10bux: donation to a charity instead?

Edit: I'm also fine with a probation to permanently mark my account with the shame of failure lol

Fashionable Jorts fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 24, 2020

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Hey, since I'm probably not going to make my toxx, and I don't feel comfortable giving money to these forums right now to re-reg, is it possible that if (when) I fail I could make a :10bux: donation to a charity instead?

Edit: I'm also fine with a probation to permanently mark my account with the shame of failure lol

That's fine; I'll make it a three day + $10 donation to retain the motivation factor.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Can I do the same for my failed toxx in May?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sure thing.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
e: more bad posting in these troubling times

take the moon fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jun 25, 2020

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

sebmojo posted:

Sure thing.
Thanks! Here's the receipt:

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
month hasnt started but im itching to get going :toxx: for 20k. only words acceptable are for 3rd (!) attempt at sequel to MS. this one is go tho i think. exception: a few sections in MS need words

see yall in 33

Profane Accessory
Feb 23, 2012

Well I tried my darnedest, but looks like I came up ten words short:

and so in penance I have made a donation at the generous rate of $1/failed word:

And I request a cool gif for my heretofore unsullied rap sheet.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Welp, plague writing continues to go....uh...less than great? Came up a little under 1,000 words short.

Posting this just for thread tracking purposes.

Hoping the offer of donations and probes instead of bans is open, since I already donated.

Going to :toxx: for another 4k for July.

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

With that, June is done. Ended up sprinting at the end and going a touch over.

Gonna :toxx: (probe, given the state of the forums) for another 4k in July

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Barnaby Profane posted:

Well I tried my darnedest, but looks like I came up ten words short:

and so in penance I have made a donation at the generous rate of $1/failed word:

And I request a cool gif for my heretofore unsullied rap sheet.

not an eq. u rule

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Toxx failed, I await my shame.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Did some Thunderdomes in case fsr my chapters don't add up to 4K.

Link above is updated with three more chapters, screenshot for quick ref:

Charity :toxx: for three more chapters in July

Profane Accessory
Feb 23, 2012

Real gratitude talk: I've been wordstipated on this project for months now, and while I procrastinated for almost all of June and farted out my 10K in a mad cacophony at the end, I also solved a bunch of plot problems along the way and got some new momentum. So, thanks LW thread.

:toxx: 20K for July

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

take the moon posted:

month hasnt started but im itching to get going :toxx: for 20k. only words acceptable are for 3rd (!) attempt at sequel to MS. this one is go tho i think. exception: a few sections in MS need words

see yall in 33
make mine a perma from this hellsite. I don't intend to come up short but why make reregging an option