Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What is this GDN people talking about, and if there is something nefarious with it how do you know if a discord is on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
ive heard that GDN thing was and wasnt what people said it was or wasnt doing, but actually it was a third thing thats even less clear

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Hey guys, been a while. Just posting to say if you still want to post about games on a forum instead of just Discords, an invitation has been extended for Bread and Roses. Left for it due to the Taxman's shenanigans six months ago from an invite here and all it needs is more people; a whole gaggle of goons have already been jumping ship for there right now. Games forum there could really use some fresh blood too. Don't have to be a screaming communist (Though why aren't you at this point? :dadjoke:) to join so long as you ain't a Nazi, transphobe, and the like. Not to mention we actually got Xenforo.There's a :10bux: entry fee but right now they're waiving the fee, just tell me or the admins the username you're registering with and you're good; though they're getting swamped right now due to aforementioned gaggle of goons so it might take a couple days for you to get cleared. This community was cool and was indeed probably the best place talk about games so it would be a shame to lose it.

*Edit* All you need to do is register now, the admins will get around to you waive the fee and let you in.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 25, 2020

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What is this GDN people talking about, and if there is something nefarious with it how do you know if a discord is on it

It's the Goon Discord Network bot. It should appear as GDN and have a bot tag in the user list of any Discord server making use of it as far as I'm aware.

On another note, I've mostly lurked on SA over the years, but the gaming forums have been fun to read over the years and I've accepted the most recent discord link.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There'll be a bot named GDN in the user list.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
The GDN thing being nazi adjacent wasn't accurate, and there was a post at some point in the goon projects forum in SH/SC and it caused a ruckus because the code wasn't open source, and the dev eventually open sourced it.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

my understanding is that the GDN bot was created to replace the compromised bot after it was revealed

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

im going to be very sad if this place shuts down

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Accordion Man posted:

Hey guys, been a while. Just posting to say if you still want to post about games on a forum instead of just Discords, an invitation has been extended for Bread and Roses. Left for it due to the Taxman's shenanigans six months ago from an invite here and all it needs is more people; a whole gaggle of goons have already been jumping ship for there right now. Games forum there could really use some fresh blood too. Don't have to be a screaming communist (Though why aren't you at this point? :dadjoke:) to join so long as you ain't a Nazi, transphobe, and the like. Not to mention we actually got Xenforo.There's a :10bux: entry fee but right now they're waiving the fee, just tell me or the admins the username you're registering with and you're good; though they're getting swamped right now due to aforementioned gaggle of goons so it might take a couple days for you to get cleared. This community was cool and was indeed probably the best place talk about games so it would be a shame to lose it.

Hey, any port in a storm. I'm registering under the same username as here, dunno who the admins of Breaded Roses are so I'm counting you, Accordion Individual.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Sure I could use a second forum to scroll at work. Signing up as the same name Saint Freak

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ciaphas posted:

so now i've got FAK's discord, ICR's in the steam thread, few others for specific games/consoles, couple other forums, a slack or two...

hoo boy what a mess

Yeah I'm not even gonna try to do this. I joined one and I'll wait there until there's an announcement that either this forum is not going away or here is the new forum.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Sent the word on up, Saint and Gaia.

Also Doom Eternal was rad as hell, where's the DLC campaign already, Todd?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Accordion Man posted:

Sent the word on up, Saint and Gaia.

Also Doom Eternal was rad as hell, where's the DLC campaign already, Todd?

sent you a PM

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

haveblue posted:

Yeah I'm not even gonna try to do this. I joined one and I'll wait there until there's an announcement that either this forum is not going away or here is the new forum.

There's a bunch popping up, so I think that either there'll be a forum to go to/SA stays/everyone coalesces into one discord channel. Either way, the news will probably spread so being in one of them is probably enough for that.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Accordion Man posted:

I registered as lets hang out

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Once the initial rush is over, people will settle into whichever channels and servers they feel most comfortable using, if at all.

If that ends up being my server then that is fine and I'll do my best to try to keep the feel of the games chat thread going. If it is someone else's server, then that is also fine and I wish them luck and hope for their success. I know it is hectic right now with all of the different discords being made or repurposed but what matters most is that we can all weather this together and regardless of whoever the server creator is, I just want people to have their safe space where they can be protected. We still have to wait for the chaos to die down though but I'm sure that will happen soon enough, and hopefully we won't have to leave anybody behind who wants to continue interacting with this community.

I have to go out to do some things but until then, this is the most recent invite link. I'll look over stuff later today because chances are I'm gonna end up passing out from exhaustion too. Anyway, here's that link https://discord.gg/JC35cWY

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Accordion Man posted:

I have registered until the name Wendell.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Accordion Man posted:

i just want free stuff. signed up as seppuku puzzle

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Accordion Man posted:

There's a :10bux: entry fee but right now they're waiving the fee, just tell me or the admins the username you're registering with and you're good; though they're getting swamped right now due to aforementioned gaggle of goons so it might take a couple days for you to get cleared. This community was cool and was indeed probably the best place talk about games so it would be a shame to lose it.

I'll give it a shot. snagged doingitwrong over there too. Happy to pay the :10bux: though

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

Registered as Harrow.

I've enjoyed posting with you all and would like to continue doing so while also getting away from the utter bullshit going down here.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Accordion Man posted:

I'm up under Starblade.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I feel weird

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Accordion Man posted:

Registered as Peacoffee

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
please elaborate, Jay rust

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
All you folks are in.

And to stay on topic, I really can't believe Deadly Premonition 2 is coming out in a month. I'm ready for Francis Morgan, Pro Skater.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Accordion Man posted:

I've registered as Regy Rusty

Galaxies
Jan 22, 2020

Accordion Man posted:

Registered as Galaxies

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oh I wish we had more time to organize our exodus, right now it feels like things are splintering way too quickly, and I’m tempted to just keep using SA in the vain hope that “things work out”, but even if that does happen we’d have lost a good portion of our fellow goons, so... Feels like it’s lose-lose all around

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I registered as Healbot because I'm old and fear change.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Accordion Man posted:

All you folks are in.

And to stay on topic, I really can't believe Deadly Premonition 2 is coming out in a month. I'm ready for Francis Morgan, Pro Skater.

Registered as axleblaze

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The past few months have been incredibly hard on me. My mother can't return to her home and will never walk again, had a friend pass away due to the virus and just a mountain of poo poo going on. Now the only forum I go to is imploding because Lowtax sucks and I'm not sure where to loiter online at :smith:

Someone give me some strength here, this sucks and I'm just becoming more depressed and bitter every day

Accordion Man posted:

I'll give this a shot, ThisIsACoolGuy

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jun 24, 2020

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

Oh I wish we had more time to organize our exodus, right now it feels like things are splintering way too quickly, and I’m tempted to just keep using SA in the vain hope that “things work out”, but even if that does happen we’d have lost a good portion of our fellow goons, so... Feels like it’s lose-lose all around

Yes, I have joined the bread roses but still hold out hope that this place can be saved.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Oh I wish we had more time to organize our exodus

You see, because it's a game, and Homeworld's about finding a new place to call home, and

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Accordion Man posted:

Registered as bang_bat, since that's my Discord handle too.

Wendell posted:

Yes, I have joined the bread roses but still hold out hope that this place can be saved.

It would be nice!

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
It sounds like this is a good day to start a new Factorio map and forget about how lovely the world is for a while.

Accordion Man posted:

Registered under the name KodiakRS if you'll have me.

3DBlast
Oct 9, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

Hello, I registered as 3DBlast, thank you for the invite.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Accordion Man posted:

REgistering as Grimoire

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Registered as haveblue

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it

Accordion Man posted:

thank you for putting this out there. registering as fluffyDeathbringer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Accordion Man posted:

I'll sign up. Same username as here with a capital D.