Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I haven't seen the show since it was...um...let's say cancelled.
Wait, what happened there?

A moderately off-topic snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KenjiKaizoku
Oct 21, 2008
I'm assuming that's a jab at how the follow-up to Teen Titans is the oft-reviled Teen Titans Go!, although technically the original show was cancelled, and TTG is more of a re-tooling than an actual sequel series.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I just wanted one more season, dammit. Starfire didn't get her storyline

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Go is the starfire season.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ConanThe3rd posted:

Go is the starfire season.

So she gets the best season then, good for her she deserves it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It is, failing absolutely everything else, the most her.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I can't believe people are still complaining about Teen Titans Go, which is frankly a much better-made show than the original Teen Titans, although it's a sitcom rather than an adventure series so direct comparisons are pointless.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Rand Brittain posted:

I can't believe people are still complaining about Teen Titans Go, which is frankly a much better-made show than the original Teen Titans, although it's a sitcom rather than an adventure series so direct comparisons are pointless.

It's not like I'm still angry over it. I made a sarcastic comment about it. It happened long ago, I'm not gonna hold a grudge over a TV I liked show being cancelled (with the exception of Happy Endings which I will be bitter about for long after I walk backwards into Hell with my middle fingers raised to ABC). The creative side of me just wishes they got to finish, that's all.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I am not exactly mad but I do resent TTG's popularity. Its humor just doesn't land for me.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Here is how I pitch the show's writing to people: For a long time, Teen Titans Go made a point of not having anybody learn a life lesson at the end of a story. Failing that, they would sometimes learn a horrible lesson, like "reading is bad for you." Finally, they relented and the team DID learn a valuable life lesson of no possible utility to a child and had Robin spend an entire episode explaining how to purchase and manage a rental property. They really got into it, too, explaining things like sweat equity and rent control (Robin is a total slumlord).

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nameless Pete posted:

Here is how I pitch the show's writing to people: For a long time, Teen Titans Go made a point of not having anybody learn a life lesson at the end of a story. Failing that, they would sometimes learn a horrible lesson, like "reading is bad for you." Finally, they relented and the team DID learn a valuable life lesson of no possible utility to a child and had Robin spend an entire episode explaining how to purchase and manage a rental property. They really got into it, too, explaining things like sweat equity and rent control (Robin is a total slumlord).

Another great way to introduce the show to people is to show them this clip from the movie (make sure you watch to the end): https://youtu.be/OH6IBef79HA

It captures the tone of the cartoon perfectly, you'll instantly know whether you'll love or hate the rest of the series.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My brain alternates between that and The Mysterious Side of the Island when I think of the show, so needless to say i like thinking of the show.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Another great way to introduce the show to people is to show them this clip from the movie (make sure you watch to the end): https://youtu.be/OH6IBef79HA

It captures the tone of the cartoon perfectly, you'll instantly know whether you'll love or hate the rest of the series.

The movie had one of the greatest scenes in Batman related media: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY09EnD_Pak

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Senerio posted:

My brain alternates between that and The Mysterious Side of the Island when I think of the show, so needless to say i like thinking of the show.

The Mysterious Side of the Island is officially titled "Woo Doo" which...I hate that name. A lot.

But that song is one of the best songs to come out of modern cartoons for me. It's VERY catchy.

https://soundcloud.com/flying-moneyman/starfire-mysterious-side-wo0-d0o-rizzy-remix

Also makes a great remix.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Someone mentioned before that the Waddle logos are a bit of a fun game to spot, since they're used as the stand-in for omnipresent modern tech it's easy to miss when they're foreshadowing. Goldie's smartphone comes to mind. Also for that matter, not sure what that means in comparison to Scrooge's gold-plated flip phone. Goldie does strike me as someone who makes an effort to keep up with the times, despite or perhaps because she hasn't really changed much over the decades.

Also, noticed something in that ep when Glomgold tales about 'Classic Glomgold-Goldie banter', he sounds a LOT like Dewey... and he does press-gang Dewey as a dance partner early in the episode, and both are somewhat obsessed at stamping their names all over everything...

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jun 21, 2020

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I remember being wowed that whoever they got to sing that song sounded so much like Michael Bolton, and then busting a gut when the credits revealed that it was, in fact, Michael Bolton

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Micheal Bolton loves making movie cameos in silly songs apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRlIDIu2qpg

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jun 24, 2020

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Hey folks! Me and some others are organizing a discord for animation fans away from SA, given the lowtax situation. Ask here or send me a PM if you want in.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

paradoxGentleman posted:

Hey folks! Me and some others are organizing a discord for animation fans away from SA, given the lowtax situation. Ask here or send me a PM if you want in.

Sure, though I'm never gonna post in it. I'm in way too many Discord servers already :v:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Sure, though I'm never gonna post in it. I'm in way too many Discord servers already :v:

Same here, TV IV isn't exactly in my main interests (don't PM me an invite for this very reason).

I'll miss SA :(

Thanks for making me enjoy this cool show even more, guys.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

paradoxGentleman posted:

I am not exactly mad but I do resent TTG's popularity. Its humor just doesn't land for me.

The humor is very slapstick and juvenile, but I admit I watch at least some for the "Wait, what the gently caress?" moments. Like, "Wait, what the gently caress? Did they just do furries/scat/vore/ageplay?"

Also, The Night Begins to Shine is the best goddam 80s song/video ever despite not being written in the 80s.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

paradoxGentleman posted:

would love to get an invite to that

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I would like in on this discord, please.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I'd like an invite as well please!

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

paradoxGentleman posted:

Please and thanks captain_person#9965

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Captain_Person posted:

Please and thanks captain_person#9965

I'll friend you and then invite you from there, alright? I'm PXG on Discord.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So aside from all that, has there been any word as to when we’re getting new episodes of this again?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Larryb posted:

So aside from all that, has there been any word as to when we’re getting new episodes of this again?

really not a great look to repeatedly go "yeah but when will ducks be back" my friend

that said, i'm not seeing anything. probably summer, but i'm not sure if that's gonna hold true with every school being out.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So just because Lowtax is an rear end in a top hat that means that literally all other discussion suddenly needs to stop? At least what I posted was on topic for the thread.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 24, 2020

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Maybe do a google search. Read the room, now isn't really the time for cartoon ducks.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

IUG posted:

Maybe do a google search. Read the room, now isn't really the time for cartoon ducks.

Fair enough, my apologies. Nevermind then.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 24, 2020

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

T-man posted:

really not a great look to repeatedly go "yeah but when will ducks be back" my friend

IUG posted:

this is the thread for talking about cartoon ducks, good lord people. There's a thousand other places on this sinking ship where one can discuss just how big the iceberg is and what kinds of lifeboats are available.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

paradoxGentleman posted:

I would like an invite, please!

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

paradoxGentleman posted:

May I have an invite please?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

IUG posted:

This is literally the thread about Cartoon duck posting. Wtf. What "read the room"?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

you can't stop me posting about cartoon ducks

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

May I get an invite to the place where I can talk about cartoon ducks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZorpZuppins
Nov 8, 2012
I'd like an invite too