Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Slamhound posted:

Dexter was so bad that it was literally impossible to even spoil. I told at least two people “he becomes a lumberjack” and they laughed at the funny joke I was telling them.

I didn't believe it for months, and I had watched all the previous seasons lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

blunt posted:

Can't believe the foruns are gonna die before Aristo finishes his toxxed The Newsroom watchthrough :colbert:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3669533

Finished it 4 years ago binch

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Actually, thank you for reminding me about that thread, I wanna go save those pages, that was some of the first writing of that type I had ever really done

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

My bad! I even congratulated you on getting to the end!

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Question has there been a show that has truly started to go off the cliff, but it was able to avoid the cliff and pull itself back? Maybe not as good as it was, but close to it. I know there has to be a few.

Of course Six Feet Under come to mind for me. While everyone had Lisa issues in season 3, I thought season 3 was really good (the season 3 finale was close to perfect). Season 4 I didn't like at all outside of a few episodes (the bed burning one comes to mind), and I thought the show would never be good again. Along comes season 5 which had a few issues at first, but during the back half of season 5 the show was as good as it ever was. Plus it helps when you end with one of the greatest series finales in history. Still it is debatable how bad SFU was in season 4. I watched it as it aired, but I know someone who binged it a few years ago and they were fine with season 4. I just remembered I loved SFU, but I hated season 4.

MiddleOne posted:

I've still never seen a show jump as hard off a cliff as Dexter. GoT got close but it wasn't nearly as long a descent.

Surprise Motherfucker!

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jun 24, 2020

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Quoting for the new page,a new life awaits on the off forums cords!

Escobarbarian posted:

We do have a TVIV discord! Currently 90% of the messages are myself, esp, and whowhatwhere tho

I hope radium code can endure beyond Lowtax's medical/financial/legal status, I like the little weird threads that may not get many posts but have something you can't seem to find anywhere else.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

nate fisher posted:

Question has there been a show that has truly started to go off the cliff, but it was able to avoid the cliff and pull itself back? Maybe not as good as it was, but close to it. I know there has to be a few.

The Office, 30 Rock, and Orphan Black all come to mind all come to mind as rallying in their final seasons, though the degree to which each show had gone off the cliff (and how much those final seasons improved) are different for each.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Office's final season was not great, but the last episode was fantastic and enough to justify the previous few seasons.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I would classify the Office's last season as "decent" on average, but when compared to the prior season which I would classify as "utterly unwatchable", then it was definitely a measure of improvement. I think the combination of Greg Daniels returning, and Ed Helms not being there for a big chunk, both were major factors.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Been looking for a new show to binge, and I see Person of Interest is available on Netflix now.

Is that show worth watching? I don't know too much about it. The trailers make it seem pretty generic but the reviews seem surprisingly good...

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've spent so much time on this forum over the years and appreciate y'all making it an entertaining place to be :love:

I'm going to miss you :(

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Slamhound posted:

The thread for the last season of Dexter was really something special.

Hate-watching unifies people like nothing else.

Oh yeah it was magical!!!! I was there.

https://media.giphy.com/media/hAZhvXlOOse4g/giphy.gif

Edit BAH can't get the treadmill gif to embed

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://tvline.com/2020/06/23/brooklyn-nine-nine-spoilers-season-8-episodes-police-violence-protests/

Sounds like big changes are afoot then, they really could go in any direction. Scrapping everything completely sounds the right plan, they can always incorporate gags back in.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hughmoris posted:

Been looking for a new show to binge, and I see Person of Interest is available on Netflix now.

Is that show worth watching? I don't know too much about it. The trailers make it seem pretty generic but the reviews seem surprisingly good...

Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: Before last night I was trying to plan out the next TV Club rewatch as Person of Interest. It's a really great show.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Hughmoris posted:

It’s about a season and a half of really great sci-fi buried in five seasons of CBS network procedural. It also likes to bury really important serialization in long, otherwise pointless episodes too.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
This isn't even the first time this year people were convinced the site is dying, I'll believe it when I log in and the site is dead. Besides, if this forum dies what will the Greek chorus of posters that follow me around screaming at me to shut up and that nobody cares have to do with their lives?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sleeveless can stay on SA, everyone else gets to migrate to offsites.

But also, sincerely, gently caress you.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I've been on SA for over 20 years (and predate my reg date) and while there have been various disasters this is the first one that I can't see a positive outcome to or one where the forums don't massively change in nature.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I used to post on GaF back in the day and something similar to this happened. GaF is still around but all the good posters left.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sleeveless posted:

This isn't even the first time this year people were convinced the site is dying, I'll believe it when I log in and the site is dead. Besides, if this forum dies what will the Greek chorus of posters that follow me around screaming at me to shut up and that nobody cares have to do with their lives?

I'm pretty sure you're not being gang stalked, you just make lots of very bad posts

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

SA liveposting threads are how I spent most of my early 20s and I don't regret any of it. I love you all, even the ones I don't like much.

:emptyquote:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Come to the discord so I can continue to fill my empty life with all of your terrible opinions regarding television shows.
:glomp:

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

nate fisher posted:

Season 4 of Angel was loving horrible, but season 5 was the best season of all.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gobbeldygook posted:

Season 4 of Angel was loving horrible, but season 5 was the best season of all.

It wasn't nearly as bad as people claim it was. The Angelus arc was a ton of fun and they redeemed Faith.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

MiddleOne posted:

I've still never seen a show jump as hard off a cliff as Dexter. GoT got close but it wasn't nearly as long a descent.

Dexter and SoA were the best hate watch/laugh watch threads ever in their late seasons.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

nate fisher posted:

Of course Six Feet Under come to mind for me. While everyone had Lisa issues in season 3, I thought season 3 was really good (the season 3 finale was close to perfect). Season 4 I didn't like at all outside of a few episodes (the bed burning one comes to mind), and I thought the show would never be good again. Along comes season 5 which had a few issues at first, but during the back half of season 5 the show was as good as it ever was. Plus it helps when you end with one of the greatest series finales in history. Still it is debatable how bad SFU was in season 4. I watched it as it aired, but I know someone who binged it a few years ago and they were fine with season 4. I just remembered I loved SFU, but I hated season 4.

Surprise Motherfucker!

Legends of Tomorrow should have been cancelled after the first season but became the best Comic show on TV.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Rhyno posted:

It wasn't nearly as bad as people claim it was. The Angelus arc was a ton of fun and they redeemed Faith.

This is true, but man all of the Cordelia/Connor stuff afterward was terrible enough to really balance out the good.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The last season of Scrubs was a big improvement over the couple of seasons before it.

Not the med school season that was terrible. The real last season.

MiddleOne posted:

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

https://twitter.com/plex/status/1275894483544993792

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Oh man, Newsradio is so good and Hartman is a delight.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Speaking of delight, I just needed to share unexpected Perlman

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Just want to reiterate that I love all y'all <3

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

esperterra posted:

I want to say the same. Even though I'm not mod in this forum anymore I still read it all the time. Some of my best times, and of course my worst time, was as mod of this forum. If it goes dark just know that I loved being a part of this community from my early days shitposting in 24 threads, both as myself and the zombified corpse of George Mason, all the way until now.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Couch chat has been one of my favorite threads since I started following it a few years ago, and it was the first chat thread I ever really even bothered with. Y’all are great.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
If the site dies, does that mean we have to go wherever Aatrek was banished to?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Prison?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

does anyone know why ABC is playing some Soledad O'Brien show right now instead of Shield for some parts of the country? :argh:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Crusty Nutsack posted:

does anyone know why ABC is playing some Soledad O'Brien show right now instead of Shield for some parts of the country? :argh:

Nope, my affiliate hung up on me when I asked.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I'm gonna miss this place if it dies. So many good resources, so many fun threads, so many memories.

Don't know how I'm gonna track down new poo poo to watch either.

Joining the Discord just in case.

esperterra posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Your affiliate sucks, sorry.