Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOST ANTICIPATED FYTER FEST MATCH
This poll is closed.
Mox vs Cage 7 6.67%
Shida vs Ford 2 1.90%
Best Friends vs Hangman and Kenny 47 44.76%
Jericho vs Orange 49 46.67%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/GetDaTables/status/1275966007367041030

:siren: AEW DARK MATCHES NEED TO BE SPOILER TAGGED IN THIS THREAD :siren:
They can be openly discussed without spoiler tags in the spoiler thread if you wish

AEW Dynamite for 6/24 mostly via https://www.f4wonline.com

quote:

Lumberjack match: Wardlow defeated Luchasaurus

This was a solid opener featuring two athletic big guys.

They opened with dueling shoulder blocks. MJF tripped Luchasaurus on the apron allowing Wardlow to establish control of the match. Wardlow gouged the face and ripped at the mask.

Luchasaurus came back with chops and a tail whip. He followed with a standing moonsault for a two count. Luchasaurus hit a pump kick.

They climbed the ropes. Wardlow hit a superplex for a near fall. Luchasaurus reversed a whip and hit something resembling a Spanish fly for a two count. Wardlow rolled to the ramp where he hit a slam.

The lumberjacks began brawling. Wardlow and Luchasaurus fought to the stage. Wardlow threw Brandon Cutler and Marko Stunt off the stage on top of a pile of lumberjacks. Luchasaurus sent Wardlow off the stage with a roundhouse kick and followed up with a shooting star press off the stage.

Back in the ring, Luchasurus hit a chokeslam. MJF jumped on the apron and took the referee. Jungle Boy charged MJF and hit a tope.

With the ref distracted, Wardlow hit a low blow and an F-10 for the pin.

After the match, MJF went after Jungle Boy. A brawl broke out in the ring and they had a pull-apart.

Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy vs. MJF and Wardlow was announced for Fyter Fest.

A Taz video promo aired. He broke down the technique involved in some of Brian Cage's moves, including the Drill Claw.

The announcers previewed the rest of the card.

Tony Schiavone read notes from Britt Baker. Baker was in a golf cart surrounded by plexiglass. She wanted a clinical diagnosis on why Luchasaurus had a green tongue.

Hikaru Shida entered for her match. Penelope Ford took a swing at Shida from behind the barricade. The two exchanged words.

Hikaru Shida defeated Red Velvet

Shida hit a high knee and a falcon arrow for the pin. That was the entire match.

After the match, Shida attacked Ford and Kip Sabian. They were pulled apart.

The announcers threw to highlights from the TNT Championship press conference.

Jake Hager was not present as the press conference.

Pro Wrestling Illustrated reporters asked both questions. I could be wrong, but I think they used names of fake reporters from PWI history. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

A reporter asked Arn Anderson if he was surprised that Hager wasn't there.

Arn cut a strong promo on Hager. He said he fired Cody up last week when Hager made a challenge from a safe distance. He said Hager might have the credntials to be a champion but he doesn't have the heart.

Cody answered a question about what the TNT title means to him. He said it represents hope. He said Ricky Starks coming to Dynamite with just three dollars in his checking account last week and leaving with a job is hope.

Cody said he loves real wrestling, not cosplay wrestling or meta wrestling. He said he loves to taste his own blood and wrestling has fed him his entire life. This was a nice promo but I'm not sure what it had to do with Hager.

Hager and his wife Catalina entered. Hager and Cody faced off for the cameras. They did a brief pull-apart after Hager put his fist on Cody's jaw but no punches were thrown.

As they were leaving, Catalina threw a glass of water on Cody.

A Sonny Kiss and Joey Janela vignette aired.

Kiss gave Janela a pep talk as they drove along. Kiss said everyone loses themselves now and again and Janela will be fine.

They pulled into a gas station. Kiss filled up the car while Janela went inside to get food. A group of dudes showed up and started trouble with Kiss. Janela and Kiss fought off the dudes and drove off.

Kiss said he could get used to this team thing. Janela said he could too.

I found the execution of these vignettes a little clunky, but an excellent idea to give both Kiss and Janela some depth to their characters and explain why they're now a team. An overall win.

Mr. Brodie Lee & Colt Cabana defeated Sonny Kiss & Joey Janela

This was a good match but it felt like the wrong duo won. Kiss and Janela came off as much more interesting than whatever this Cabana/Dark Order story is.

Kiss and Lee began. Lee hit some power moves and Kiss tagged out. Lee dropped Janela wiith a shoulder block and tagged Cabana, giving instructions on how to attack from the apron.

Cabana was immediately cut off. Kiss and Janela hit some nice tandem offense including a Hart Attack clothesline. Kiss tagged in and used a crab on Cabana. Lee interfered to break it up. Dark Order creepers interfered and Cabana got the heat on Kiss.

Lee and Cabana used quick tags in working Kiss over during a commercial break. After, Cabana missed a flying apple. Janela got a tag. He flipped off Lee and hit a DVD on Cabana for a two count.

Janela hit a moonsault off the post onto Lee on the floor. Kiss hit a moonsault off the post to Cabana on the floor. An awesome spot. Back in the ring, Kiss hit Cabana with a 450. Janela covered but Lee broke up the pin.

Cabana slid out of a doomsday device and used a cradle on Janela for a two count. Kiss hit a high cross off the post onto Alex Reynolds and John Silver. Lee hit Kiss with a lariat on the floor.

Janela tried a tope suicida but Lee threw Janela into the barricade. Lee hit Janela with a discus lariat and allowed Cabana to cover Janela for the pin.

Lee raised Cabana's hand after the win. Cabana celebrated with Dark Order.

Kiss helped Janela out of the ring. Lance Archer ran in and laid out both Kiss and Janela. Jake Roberts pulled Archer away saying this wasn't worth Archer's time.

A video package aired showing Shawn Spears laying out Pineapple Pete with a loaded glove on Dark.

FTR defeated SCU

These guys had a tag match straight out of 1988 and I mean that as a compliment. This was superb.

FTR got the first bit of offense. All four then brawled to the floor before a commercial break. Kazarian and Daniels worked over Wheeler during the commercials.

Harwood got a tag and hit a series of snap suplexes. Harwood hit a slingshot suplex on Daniels for a two count.

Kazarian took the ref. Daniels used an inside cradle on Harwood. Wheeler jumped in and reversed the cradle with the ref's back turned. Daniels kicked out.

Kazarian and Wheeler got tags. They traded chops and lariats. Kazarian hit a back stabber and an unprettier for a near fall.

Daniels tagged in. Wheeler escaped an SCU Later attempt and launched Daniels into the buckle. Wheeler held Daniels while Harwood hit a legdrop off the buckle for a two count.

SCU hit a powerbomb/neckbreaker combo but Harwood kicked out. Daniels hit Angels Wings on Harwood but Wheeler broke it up. Harwood cradled Daniels for two.

Wheeler blind tagged in. Wheeler and Harwood hit the Goodnight Express and pinned Daniels.

Harwood cut a promo after the match. He said FTR weren't welcomed when they arrived in AEW. Harwood said there are good guys and bad guys and he and Wheeler are the baddest guys.

Harwood cut a promo on Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus, then The Young Bucks.

Harwood was interrupted by The Blade. Butcher and Blade were in FTR's truck.

Lucha Bros entered the ring. Blade challenged FTR and the Bucks to face Butcher, Blade and Lucha Bros at Fyter Fest in an 8-man tag.

Lucha Bros hit FTR with their package driver double stomp combo. The Bucks ran in for the save.

Lucha Bros, Butcher and Blade drove away in FTR's truck.

A video package for the tag title match at Fyter Fest aired. This was good.

Schiavone, Taz, JR and Excalibur served as talking heads during this segment. They contrasted the odd couple of Omega and Page with Best Friends.

Omega said he and Page might not be best friends but they're the best wrestlers.

A Moxley/Cage hype video aired. Moxley said he realized when Cage put him through a windshield that if Cage wasn't after his title they might have been friends.

The same talking heads discussed the match. This was well done.

Taz joined commentary for the next match.

Brian Cage defeated Jon Cruz

Cage won a squash after hitting a variety of throws and suplexes and pinning Cruz with the Drill Claw.

Taz went to the ring and cut a great promo after the match. He called out for Moxley and asked where he was. He mocked Moxley for being home with a bullshit excuse.

Taz said Cage is Moxley's fate and Moxley's championship is in grave danger. He said it's good Mox isn't there because Cage is unsafe.

Taz told Mox to ask himself if he can stop the path of Cage at Fyter Fest.

Lee and Cabana were backstage discussing their win. Cabana said winning feels good. Lee said our lives are filled with defeats but it's how we come back from them that makes sense.

Lee cut a promo on SCU. He said he's bringing his best men to Fyter Fest and he wasnts them to do the same. Cabana acted unsure if this was a good idea. Lee assured him it would be fine.

Jurassic Express vs. MJF & Wardlow, Private PArty vs. Santana & Ortiz, Hikaru Shida vs. Penelope Ford for the AEW Women's World title, Cody vs. Jake Hager for the TNT Championship and Omega & Page vs. Best Friends for the tag titles were announced for night one of Fyter Fest.

Night two will have Nyla Rose in action, Lance Archer vs. Joey Janela, SCU vs. Brodie Lee, Colt Cabana & Stu Grayson, Orange Cassidy vs. Chris Jericho, Yung Bucks & FTR vs Lucha Bros, Butcher & Blade and Jon Moxley vs. Brian Cage for the AEW World title.

Britt Baker had Tony read a note. Baker said Big Swole was the biggest piece of trash on the roster. Swole appeared and dumped trash on Baker.

Matt Hardy defeated Santana

This was all about setting up Private Party vs. Santana and Ortiz.

Matt was not moving well tonight. He has a lot of value as a mind and as a character, but a TV match every week isn't good for him at this stage of the game.

Santana started off with some chops. Hardy came back with chops of his own as the action spilled to the floor. Santana took the referee and Ortiz tripped Hardy on the apron. This allowed Santana to work Hardy over during a commercial break.

Santana countered a side effect with a uranage for a near fall. Santana hit a quebrada for a near fall. Santana missed a frog splash and sold his ribs.

Hardy made his comeback. He hit a side effect but Santana kicked out at one. Hardy hit a second side effect and Santana kicked out at two. He hit a third and Santana kicked out again.

Hardy caught Santana coming off the top rope and hit a kick. Hardy hit an inverted DDT and made a cover. Ortiz took the referee.

For the finish, Santana hit a sit-out DVD and cradled Hardy. Hardy reversed the cradle and got the flash pin.

Santana and Ortiz beat down Hardy with a madball after the match. They then hit the Street Sweeper. Private Party ran in for the late save.

Orange Cassidy entered

Chris Jericho entered

Chris Jericho asked why the chicken cross the road 3 times

Chris Jericho talked

Orange Cassidy kicked Chris Jericho

Chris Jericho broke Orange Cassidy's sunglasses

They fought into the stands

Orange Cassidy punched Chris Jericho.

It was a good show.

News
Mox and QT were kept off tonight's show for precautionary reasons as they spent time with someone exposed to The Rona.
Sammy Guevara is suspended without pay.
NXT is randomly doing The Great American Bash next week in a total coincidence.

Upcoming Schedule

7/1 and 7/8:
FYTER FEST
Jon Moxley vs Cage
The Best Friends challenge for the tag titles!
Cody vs Hager
"Freshly Squeezed" Orange Cassidy vs Chris Jericho
Shida vs Ford
AND SO MUCH MORE!

Links
The Official AEW Podcast! https://link.chtbl.com/AEW
Everything Elite Podcast the second most official and second most leftist podcast for the #1 promotion: https://redcircle.com/shows/everything-elite Everything Elite now has a weekly preview show!
AEW Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCFN4JkGP_bVhAdBsoV9xftA
Being the Elite Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC2V6TA0OqHr9BojcHz9az-w
Twitter https://twitter.com/aewrestling
AEW on TNT Twitter: https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT
Myspace https://www.myspace.com/aewrestling

Your First TNT Champion who has never had his belt stolen period:

Your First New Champions in AEW History the Second AEW Tag Team Champions:

Your Third AEW Women's World Champion:
https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1245549015804116992

And finally, your first All Elite Wrestling Champion to not have his title belt stolen at Longhorn Steakhouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

coward tony sign the rights for Jane so OC can have his own theme

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
that was a drat good episode of dynamite. only the santana/hardy match dragged a bit for me. rest of the show just flew by.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

MassRafTer posted:

NXT is randomly doing The Great American Bash next week in a total coincidence

Could coronavirus be the elevated liver enzymes of 2020?!

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Holy poo poo I didn't realize Jane used to be OC's theme. I would mark out so hard if he comes out to it for Fyter Fest. Is that even possible?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCagfPzh9UQ

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
excellent show and I'm really looking forward to fyter fest. looks stacked.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I missed the rundown, is Cody/Hager maining night one because goddamn Cody your throwaway match with the least liked man in AEW should not be pushing that tag title match to the midcard.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I've noticed f4w's aew recapper always gets tired in the main event and stops using complete sentences

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Catching up on the first hour of Dynamite now, but man the ending to that show was amazing. OC vs. Jericho is gonna be so good.

Also, is Renee still working WWE shows given that it's been made public that Moxley was second-hand exposed to COVID and is staying home as a precaution, which means she herself is clearly a potential risk?

Edit: Also holy poo poo Shida rules, she's beating everybody's rear end!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

ChrisBTY posted:

I missed the rundown, is Cody/Hager maining night one because goddamn Cody your throwaway match with the least liked man in AEW should not be pushing that tag title match to the midcard.

Nah the tag match was introduced like it would be the main event

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I thought the working theory was Moxley got exposed from Renee

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Under better circumstances I'd be falling in love with FTR along with my long existing love for Santana and Ortiz and Shida and relatively new love for Orange Cassidy and that would have been a real great show.

Just lot of bummer distractions in the mix.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Reality Protester posted:

the aew statement was that moxley was in contact with someone who was in contact with someone who tested positive, and renee was apparently at the wwe tapings where they've apparently had like 20+ positive cases

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Jim Ross said Matt Hardy is a no question Hall of Famer and now my world is spinning.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its a plausible theory but I don't think there's been any actual indication its true. Its entirely plausible Moxley got exposed from another angle. QT did.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

We need a gif of Sonny Kiss Johnny Cage punching that one guy in the dick, that was beautiful

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Pentagon Jr. is back and Lucha brothers are teaming with Butcher and Blade. I haven’t felt this complete since my wedding night.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
^^ they get it

why is the 8 man tag not in the poll? :colbert:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lid posted:

Jim Ross said Matt Hardy is a no question Hall of Famer and now my world is spinning.

I think the Hardy Boyz alone with have a case (in whatever hypothetical Hall we're talking) but the stuff Matt's done the last few years has basically changed the business. Lucha Underground came first but it seems impossible to argue that Matt didn't popularize the entire cinematic, fantasy thing that Impact adopted, AEW has incorporated, and now WWE is using. Not a lot of guys have had that kind of impact on the business.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I really want to know how Pentagon managed to cross the border

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

STAC Goat posted:

I think the Hardy Boyz alone with have a case (in whatever hypothetical Hall we're talking) but the stuff Matt's done the last few years has basically changed the business. Lucha Underground came first but it seems impossible to argue that Matt didn't popularize the entire cinematic, fantasy thing that Impact adopted, AEW has incorporated, and now WWE is using. Not a lot of guys have had that kind of impact on the business.

I know but like... my bar is Edge, always has been as posted in many many HoF threads (lol Big Daddy) and the idea of Matt Hardy going in before Edge has an argument but it conflicts with everything I grew up with when they were both young.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

enigmahfc posted:

Pentagon Jr. is back and Lucha brothers are teaming with Butcher and Blade. I haven’t felt this complete since my wedding night.
I never thought in my life I would smile and feel a deep sense of relief at seeing a scary Lucha man of awesome talent in a skeleton ninja outfit, but there I was, just pleased.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Lid posted:

Imagine hearing this in 2011/12 lmao

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lid posted:

I know but like... my bar is Edge, always has been as posted in many many HoF threads (lol Big Daddy) and the idea of Matt Hardy going in before Edge has an argument but it conflicts with everything I grew up with when they were both young.

What can you say? History is always happening. Matt's done a lot the last few years and Edge hasn't for like a decade. And hell, he came back and did the thing Matt popularized.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Plus, Matt went and achieved success in other places. Edge stayed where they were going to push him no matter what.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Hey assholes

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1275827273090977795

YA LIKE BEANS ?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
He could be fighting for his junkie brothers honor against Shaemus@!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Chris Daniels is pulling double duty.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Davros1 posted:

Plus, Matt went and achieved success in other places. Edge stayed where they were going to push him no matter what.

Plus, whatever you think of Edge he's married to this 2000-2010 era of WWE that most fans see as a huge downswing for the business while Matt's been a pretty big part of the upswing.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Spiderdrake posted:

I never thought in my life I would smile and feel a deep sense of relief at seeing a scary Lucha man of awesome talent in a skeleton ninja outfit, but there I was, just pleased.

I was smiling so much at Butcher’s casual wear and him behind the wheel of the truck, that it took me a second the realize my man Pentagon was there too. I seriously needed that, so much right now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

do y'all want me to do a prediction game for fyter fest?

It'll probably just be matches with no prop bets but since they gave us an official full card I can actually throw it together when my head stops hurting

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

STAC Goat posted:

Matt is one of the best things about AEW for me, right now. Going back and seeing how he evolved during the 15 or so years I was out of wrestling has been a delight. Dude deserves so much praise.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jerusalem posted:

Catching up on the first hour of Dynamite now, but man the ending to that show was amazing. OC vs. Jericho is gonna be so good.

Also, is Renee still working WWE shows given that it's been made public that Moxley was second-hand exposed to COVID and is staying home as a precaution, which means she herself is clearly a potential risk?

Edit: Also holy poo poo Shida rules, she's beating everybody's rear end!

At this point I'd imagine it'd be easier to find people not exposed to covid at WWE than those who have.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
And Sonny dick punching dudes and Janella beating people with bags full of Lunchables was so much of what I need in the weird-rear end sport.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

He, Evil Uno and Stu get to travel to the US because of some sorta sport bill that was approved a couple weeks ago.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That Sonny/Joey segment at the gas station was awesome.

IcePhoenix posted:

do y'all want me to do a prediction game for fyter fest?

It'll probably just be matches with no prop bets but since they gave us an official full card I can actually throw it together when my head stops hurting

I'd appreciate it if you feel up to it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

enigmahfc posted:

Matt is one of the best things about AEW for me, right now. Going back and seeing how he evolved during the 15 or so years I was out of wrestling has been a delight. Dude deserves so much praise.

To be honest the whole full career thing is kind of a late stage save. He did some fun stuff with V1 and Big Money Matt but like he also had a LOT of cringey, bad stuff. There was a lot of time where Matt was either the boring other brother, "Fatt Hardy", or the really unstable looking period he went through. Five years ago he was running Omega and a "loltna" punchline. He really turned things around with Broken Matt and it salvaged his legacy and kind of erased that bad stuff and showcased the potentially forgotten good.

And the crazy thing is going back to WWE could have potentially squandered it since they did nothing with him and stifled that revolutionary hot stuff. Getting out and into AEW shot him back to the top of the business and probably is going to be his end legacy with the way he's focused on working with young guys.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 25, 2020