Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

imagine still going into a rage over furries in 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

btw i've been loling about something someone else said about lowtax having to get a real job now after not having had a job for like 20 years i guess?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

To post in GBS you just have to post like them. Cover yourself in their dumb constant trolling poo poo, and if possible be cruder and dumber than them and never display negative emotion.

Adtrw is appearantly the same, where I was informed cspam hates gay people.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Emacs Headroom posted:

2.0 was using sql so people could post stuff

3.0 was react I think?

as someone who gets paid to write react code for a living I gotta say it did ruin the internet

not by itself but just the whole everything that happened around then

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

MockingQuantum posted:

"Keep your politics out of my gibbis poo poo posting fun" mostly

A couple of people really resent that there's a dedicated safe space for furries

when i was looking earlier i saw theres like 5 threads in the furry forum. it would be so easy to ignore

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

what the gently caress are you talking about with the web integers, loving nerds

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

T-man posted:

To post in GBS you just have to post like them. Cover yourself in their dumb constant trolling poo poo, and if possible be cruder and dumber than them and never display negative emotion.

Adtrw is appearantly the same, where I was informed cspam hates gay people.

the adtrw folks brigaded into the cool zone to post a nazi photoshop to own the left so lol

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Phil Layshow posted:

Lol was this mass produced as merch, or is it a goon made one off?

I had them custom-made.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
its kind of awesome if u think about it. this era ended SA, Tool, decorum, science, what else am i leaving out?

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

thehandtruck posted:

its kind of awesome if u think about it. this era ended SA, Tool, decorum, science, what else am i leaving out?

the habitability of the planet

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

Emacs Headroom posted:

the habitability of the planet

lmao get real that boat sailed like a decade ago

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

thehandtruck posted:

joe Biden's brain

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I had them custom-made.

Part of me wants to crack on you for this, but I also kinda dig it.

Who do you send fancy goon correspondence to? You should send Lowtax a notarized offer to a gentleman's contest, the prize being complete ownership of the forums and all possessions and chattels therein.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

thehandtruck posted:

Hopefully Capitalism but that one might be too big to die just yet.

Although I thought SA was too big to die even in its modern lich format so shows what I know.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

sincx posted:

Lightning Knight: if you are in contact with Lady Ambien, you should suggest that she and her lawyer demand Lowtax hand over the forums as part of the divorce settlement.

That would not only get rid of Lowtax, but also provide LA and her kid with a steady source of income.

thats actually a legitimately interesting idea were increasingly getting to the point where the forums wont actually give lowtax any income at all and hed lose the ability to even keep the lights on anymore but i could easily see lady ambien just bluntly starting a patreon with no pretense of making videos thats literally just the donation bin to keep something awful running and quickly getting all those donations back as i understand it all lowtax actually even has are the passwords so its not like thered be any logistical issues with doing this

the problem with this plan of course is that it assumes lowtax is capable of making sensible financial decisions based on long term interests instead of just pissing away everything he has in viciously nonsensical petty scams that obviously have no chance of working

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Phil Layshow posted:

Part of me wants to crack on you for this, but I also kinda dig it.

Who do you send fancy goon correspondence to? You should send Lowtax a notarized offer to a gentleman's contest, the prize being complete ownership of the forums and all possessions and chattels therein.

The original plan was to practice my calligraphy for the fountain pen thread, and seal fancy envelopes with it for posting there. Then, I realized that my calligraphy is bad, and I am lazy, so that never happened. Now, I’m thinking about sealing letters with Dickbutt and the spine for sending to people in the goon snail mail thread. The main problem there is that I didn’t want anyone to know where they were coming from, and I sort of just sank that ship.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if the stories are true that richard "lowtax" kyanka turned down 7-figure offers for somethingawful in the 90s or aughts or whenever then hes a total idiot who wont sell for the $100k or whatever that the yospos computer touchers are offering

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
why do people think that buying a company is just like "wrote you a check bro, here you are"

that's a long legal process with due diligence and financial reporting and poo poo that is gonna take at least months for something managed by tax dodger and domestic abuser and all around piece of poo poo lowtax

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Shear Modulus posted:

if the stories are true that richard "lowtax" kyanka turned down 7-figure offers for somethingawful in the 90s or aughts or whenever then hes a total idiot who wont sell for the $100k or whatever that the yospos computer touchers are offering

Because his patreon is plummeting, and he has 100k in taxes and a mcmansion, gtx, and drug habit to feed.

I doubt it too, but one must hope in the face of death. It is the cspam way

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

thehandtruck posted:

wait what happened to TooL

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Can you really not just copy the forums and upload it to some shady server? I guess I don’t understand computers that well, you should be able to do that

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paul_soccer12 posted:

wait what happened to TooL

nothing the new album was rad

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
maybe ‘tool’ as in tools in general

*tim allen grunt*

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

The original plan was to practice my calligraphy for the fountain pen thread, and seal fancy envelopes with it for posting there. Then, I realized that my calligraphy is bad, and I am lazy, so that never happened. Now, I’m thinking about sealing letters with Dickbutt and the spine for sending to people in the goon snail mail thread. The main problem there is that I didn’t want anyone to know where they were coming from, and I sort of just sank that ship.

Well, you know what, I've come around completely. Those are cool, and thanks for sharing.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

bawfuls posted:

the GBS thread is currently half full of people complaining about what they think BnR is and why that's bad

I'm not too worried about the same four posters in that thread repeating themselves ad nauseum

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Speaking of Lowtax’s spine...

those are the worst buttplugs I’ve ever seen

god drat you should be ashamed

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

i've been lurking these forums under various parachutes for two actual decades

this is the website that first introduced me to leftist politics and taught me Babby's First Workout Routine, transforming me from a fat whiny piece of poo poo libertarian into a jacked whiny piece of poo poo leftist

like lmaoooooo i registered my first account here when i was literally loving 9 and now i'm old as poo poo

anyways rip, if we can't salvage the forums out of this dickbag's wife-hitting hands then somebody at least toss me the CSPAM discord

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

thehandtruck posted:

The United States, from the look of things.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

At this rate they are gonna repossess his spine.

I've been keeping up with this all day but I want to be sure, lowtax hasn't said a loving word has he?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

i've been lurking these forums under various parachutes for two actual decades

this is the website that first introduced me to leftist politics and taught me Babby's First Workout Routine, transforming me from a fat whiny piece of poo poo libertarian into a jacked whiny piece of poo poo leftist

like lmaoooooo i registered my first account here when i was literally loving 9 and now i'm old as poo poo

anyways rip, if we can't salvage the forums out of this dickbag's wife-hitting hands then somebody at least toss me the CSPAM discord

I regged at 13 lol

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Phil Layshow posted:

Well, you know what, I've come around completely. Those are cool, and thanks for sharing.
Lol, you’re welcome. I am glad someone else got a kick out of them.

Ziv Zulander posted:

those are the worst buttplugs I’ve ever seen

god drat you should be ashamed
They’re flared, though? Also, just think about the mushroom stamp you can deliver with one of these in your butt.

BrokenGameboy
Jan 25, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
So what's it actually like on bnr, is it cool, like a certain zone?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

when i was looking earlier i saw theres like 5 threads in the furry forum. it would be so easy to ignore
also you can literally push "Ignore" on a subforum there and never see any thread or post from it again

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

BrokenGameboy posted:

So what's it actually like on bnr, is it cool, like a certain zone?

Very much.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

bawfuls posted:

also you can literally push "Ignore" on a subforum there and never see any thread or post from it again

Oh poo poo brb

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
BnR kicks rear end, I read some extremely good advice from Cumshitter

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Admiral Ray posted:

this is only the frontpage, not the threads btw

Finicums Wake posted:

it's only the front page, not the forums

They're doing the forums as well. They seem to be spidering them unauthed, though, so stuff that requires you to be logged in isn't getting picked up.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Crusty Nutsack posted:

:siren: you don't have to announce that you registered at BNR! :siren:

registering to BNR with the same name

in case I'm the tipping point that brings 10 more people over.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

bawfuls posted:

and also "i'm totally a commie leftist but i don't want to talk about that all the time in every thread"

also

"i'm more leftist than them BUT-"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Visual Basic Bitch posted:

thinking back to the simpler times of six months ago, when lowtax got mad on stream and banned a bunch of posters and then kramered into tgrs to angrily yell at people for accusing him of maybe not possibly being an lbgt ally

yet despite that, fluffdaddy was still somehow even worse to the trans community on somethingawful than lowtax lol