Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I have massive problems with him posting the he said, she said poo poo and texts, who cares, you're in charge of this dipshit, own it and lead the way forward. "We support women, we're gonna do some stuff" isn't exactly inspiring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

nikosoft posted:

I have massive problems with him posting the he said, she said poo poo and texts, who cares, you're in charge of this dipshit, own it and lead the way forward. "We support women, we're gonna do some stuff" isn't exactly inspiring.

Note the zyori and demon were not mentioned even once in that response. Both of them have been accused in recent days, but are still working with BTS.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

IncendiaC posted:

Note the zyori and demon were not mentioned even once in that response. Both of them have been accused in recent days, but are still working with BTS.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sr9oi2

yikes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dakota's response

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sr9oiv

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Dakota seems like a good dude but holy poo poo I'm waiting on someone, anyone to be honest, show a little bit of spine and say that they had an idea of what was going on - there's no way that cosplayers and female staff can be told who to be careful around while NO ONE else seems to have had any clue. It doesn't add up and I'll have way more respect for anyone that comes forward and apologizes for their inaction than these inoffensive 'we gotta do better' statements.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
cap more or less said that he was told about grant being kinda lovely but never understood quite the severity of the situation and then dropped it rather than looking further into it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Man, if PFlax turns out to be lovely I will legit cry

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Its Rinaldo posted:

I think it was slacks who said in his video that if you trashtalk someone around pyrion he will hurt you

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Its Rinaldo posted:

pflax and dendi are like the two people I would be really upset by being huge pricks.

PS: due to SA exploding I made a discord server. it was for anime originally but a bunch of people play dota so welp feel free to join and talk about dota there instead of SA, as if you missed it Lowtax is also an abusive dickhead

https://discord.gg/W3XAhv

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Cuntellectual posted:

pflax and dendi are like the two people I would be really upset by being huge pricks.

PS: due to SA exploding I made a discord server. it was for anime originally but a bunch of people play dota so welp feel free to join and talk about dota there instead of SA, as if you missed it Lowtax is also an abusive dickhead

https://goondiscordnetwork.com/

Probably best to set something up on GDN to avoid KF invasions or whatever

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

wow lots of people who always leave afterparties real early weird I wonder who the mysterious night owls are who stay after 9:00 pm.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Nanomashoes has been to an after party. I'm taking 2:1 odds that he isn't a sexual deviant.

Beef
Jul 26, 2004

sugar free jazz posted:

wow lots of people who always leave afterparties real early weird I wonder who the mysterious night owls are who stay after 9:00 pm.

Tbf Purge leaving a party early is not out of character.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Super Rad posted:

Dakota seems like a good dude but holy poo poo I'm waiting on someone, anyone to be honest, show a little bit of spine and say that they had an idea of what was going on - there's no way that cosplayers and female staff can be told who to be careful around while NO ONE else seems to have had any clue. It doesn't add up and I'll have way more respect for anyone that comes forward and apologizes for their inaction than these inoffensive 'we gotta do better' statements.

Anyone who admits to knowing it was happening but doing nothing about it is going to end up in almost as bad of a spot as the abusers unless they were in a similar position of just being completely unable to do anything. The closest you're probably going to get to that kind of admission is probably what Cap said about knowing something was up but not bothering to look into it because he didn't think it was as serious as it was.

Beef posted:

Tbf Purge leaving a party early is not out of character.

Yeah, Purge and Dakota are probably the two I would believe the most about just not really hanging around those parties.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Super Rad posted:

I mean, that's basically what Purge said. He didn't call out sexual assault specifically, but he said (and he has said, for a long time) that Grant is a super lovely person who treats people, especially women, terribly. He didn't mince words at all.

More than that, he very profusely apologized and berated himself for not being more proactive about looking into potentially negative things, and publicly calling out bad behavior and protecting people low on the power structure. Purge is good. Out of everyone in the community his response has been the most honest and open. Slack's response was powerful too, but more in a "everything loving sucks" way than actual statement of how to make things better.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Wasn't demon called out for being a purse snatcher / petty thug or something like a bunch of years ago? That guy has always been a stupid little poo poo deserving of a teeth-shattering slap in the face.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
https://twitter.com/cofactorstrudel/status/1276017698133078016?s=21

Probably the last "big name" who seems to have gone under the radar so far.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Honestly I just assumed Toni being a creep was a given.

Wasn't he dating someone at join dota and there was a messy break up or something that basically caused her to stop covering it

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Everyone who's spent 5 mins watching Tobi knows that he's a creep; 30 secs if it involves "Droe Ranger" or a female cosplay artist but this sounds pretty more worse than that.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Honestly I just assumed Toni being a creep was a given.

Wasn't he dating someone at join dota and there was a messy break up or something that basically caused her to stop covering it

he tried really hard to date Soe at JD but I dont think they ever actually dated? She works for blizzard now

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That makes a lot more sense than what I'm remembering. Thanks

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kild posted:

he tried really hard to date Soe at JD but I dont think they ever actually dated? She works for blizzard now

Soe dated 2gd at some point, and he dumped her in a really awful way if I remember correctly.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Its Rinaldo posted:

Pflax is good people

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Every time I see that, on top of the awful racism it strikes me that no, I haven't heard that expression and I have no idea what it's supposed to mean.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XUQ4mFZPTY

reminder.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Super Rad posted:

I've never been in the kind of communities or at least been aware that i was where whisper networks are a thing, but isn't part of it that people don't talk about it openly? Obviously people in the scene might know a little bit more and theres no question that some people are lying, but i'm sure even with someone like Grant some of his friends never saw that side of him or were never in the places where they might encounter this behavior.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Really glad that all that good, cathartic exposure and ousting of abusers energy has, in the space of less than a week, devolved back into 'actually, were these women liars?' and 'i, too, was a victim of abuse, when bulba talked poo poo behind my back and called females the B word'

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yea I had a look on reddit this morning and they've gone full red pill.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Yeah gently caress reddit man

I hope Tobi never shows his dumb racist face again.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Not to be a dick, but was there supposed to be a timestamp? Or just a better time when there were women's events?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ILL Machina posted:

Not to be a dick, but was there supposed to be a timestamp? Or just a better time when there were women's events?

Oh its just them being sexist and making lovely comments like 'you expect logic from a woman??' by the casters throughout

~48:40 for that specific comment.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Trying to read the Reddit board, which is quickly getting filled with dimwits who haven't caught on yet that you shouldn't try to mix sex with work and demand proof of rape allegations, is getting goddamn tiring. gently caress the majority of people who play this game (though not you specifically, goon) for being bad humans.

All I know from all this is that my respect for Purge went up tons.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Kild posted:

Oh its just them being sexist and making lovely comments like 'you expect logic from a woman??' by the casters throughout

~48:40 for that specific comment.

"It'll be tobiwan"

"yep"

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Cuntellectual posted:

there's been a sa dota discord for several years though

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Up Circle posted:

I've never been in the kind of communities or at least been aware that i was where whisper networks are a thing, but isn't part of it that people don't talk about it openly? Obviously people in the scene might know a little bit more and theres no question that some people are lying, but i'm sure even with someone like Grant some of his friends never saw that side of him or were never in the places where they might encounter this behavior.

I mean the rape allegation places a friend of Grant's literally next to them in the same bed. Likewise it's a bit hard to understand how he could be in a 4 year long lawsuit with Llama which she brought up to BTS as a potential conflict when they both worked the same event and yet everyone says they didn't really know what the lawsuit was about or what the resolution was? No one saw Grant getting grabby at the TI7 afterparty? Meanwhile everyone seems to be behaving in way that benefits Grant and hurts his potential detractors (Llama not getting work casting, a friend of Grant's operating as his liaison between him and his rape victim and getting him to take down a VOD of him drunkenly admitting they had sex). I mean obviously people don't go around openly admitting that they raped or are being sued for damages due to lying but it's a bit beyond the pale to think that all of these events occurred without a single notable person being in the know at some point.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

The BTS guy's statement includes the phrase 'I dont recall' at a few too many critical points where you really would expect someone to recall what they had said or done.

Conversely I watched Cap's stream and I buy that he is in a place of having suddenly realised that he is not as good a person or as good at sensing what's going on around him as he thought he was.

The people who knew are either talking about how they cant recall conversations or are making bland statements about how the community 'must do better'. The people who didn't know are clearly in shock and grieving for their own loss of innocence.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/TobiWanDOTA/status/1276138192199208962?s=20

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

racist creep who has been racist creep for like 10 years is very suddenly remorseful after talking mad poo poo on twitter as early as like yesterday iirc

hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Waiting until people finally brought up his name to post that is so hilariously transparent