Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Patrick Warburton is generally welcome in any form...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh poo poo, Project Insight was early.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
Glad I just finished rewatching season 3 or else I'd have no idea who these people are lol

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Enoch continues to be amazing

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Enoch is amazing

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Enoch is so practical.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Love the Steranko era Shield uniforms

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I love the show but I'm gonna complain each episode until Fitz returns!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Since they seem to be jumping twenty years every second episode, what is the 90's opening going to be, an X-Files pastiche?

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

howe_sam posted:

Since they seem to be jumping twenty years every second episode, what is the 90's opening going to be, an X-Files pastiche?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLnlOSPY47k

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really want to know what Mallick had in the envelope.

Reset Smith posted:

Love the Steranko era Shield uniforms

They were lacking the white gloves and boots.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

When Daisy helped May into the booth she was mimicking Daisy's mannerisms, not just acting drunk. Nice touch.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

They were lacking the white gloves and boots.

Betting real FitzSimmons.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
For 30 thousand year old chronicom, Enoch is bitchy as gently caress about 40 years.
I love it! I love him. Never let them forget they left you behind Enoch. Make em suffer!

Also, Daniel sousa is an absolute gem. it is a crime he wasn't picked-up earlier so we could get more of his moments. The hi tech computer room, the small computer, his glee over cellphone pictures. Also really loved the Peggy hints.

Sloth Life fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jul 2, 2020

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

A picture of Mack's parents.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Sousa is totally staying behind in '76 and having a kid who is a cop during the events of the Avengers film.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Argue posted:

Sousa is totally staying behind in '76 and having a kid who is a cop during the events of the Avengers film.

It's sad to lose him. But I do want to see him happy and in 70s threads. Kipper ties and skin tight trews please

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Hopefully these forums don't die before the end of the season.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Hmm, the show was making us think that Fitz is just elsewhere, but maybe the show pivoted and made him snapped away? And the thing in Jemma's neck is blocking her from remembering that to keep her focused? So she's operating under the notion he's just "elsewhere", when in actuality he was killed by Thanos. So within her time frame, the Daisy, May, etc. were from 2018/2019 or so, but she was from 2022ish, not to long before everyone was eventually brought back (So she's still her, and she was away "longer than they think" i.e. 4-5 years). So the team finally arrives back in the "present" of 2022/2023 and they see what befell reality. Then everyone returns thanks to Tony? I dunno. Probably playing too much into Endgame, but I think it was around now in the show's filming when the movie was released. That would have allowed them to tie in, and possibly rework what was going on with Fitz being off screen.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
No, the snap almost definitely didn’t happen in this show. Things pretty decisively diverged from the Avengers timeline at the end of season 5.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Phylodox posted:

No, the snap almost definitely didn’t happen in this show. Things pretty decisively diverged from the Avengers timeline at the end of season 5.

Well that's the thing, yes the snap should have already happened right after season 5. They're obviously playing around with the timeline and it gives an out to explain that away finally. (it was originally because they were doing their own thing and didn't know what the movies were doing). So in the "original" AOS timeline we saw through season 6 which we jumped away from, say Thanos snapped later than what he did in the main MCU timeline. Like sometime after the events of season six that most of the cast was pulled out of time for except for Jemma and Fitz who experienced a snap. But everything else is more or less the same. When most of this timeline stuff is resolved, AOS could finally reach what we know as the main MCU timeline. They'll return to a snap reality that matches the timeline for the main MCU.

Of course using some of the movie/show time travel rules a drastic change in timeline like that should result in them possibly having duplicates of themselves already existing. That could be hand waved away or they could say the MCU timeline of themselves were killed by Hydra or something.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Oh yeah, and where is Flint?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Teek posted:

Well that's the thing, yes the snap should have already happened right after season 5. They're obviously playing around with the timeline and it gives an out to explain that away finally. (it was originally because they were doing their own thing and didn't know what the movies were doing). So in the "original" AOS timeline we saw through season 6 which we jumped away from, say Thanos snapped later than what he did in the main MCU timeline. Like sometime after the events of season six that most of the cast was pulled out of time for except for Jemma and Fitz who experienced a snap. But everything else is more or less the same. When most of this timeline stuff is resolved, AOS could finally reach what we know as the main MCU timeline. They'll return to a snap reality that matches the timeline for the main MCU.

Of course using some of the movie/show time travel rules a drastic change in timeline like that should result in them possibly having duplicates of themselves already existing. That could be hand waved away or they could say the MCU timeline of themselves were killed by Hydra or something.

I'd rather they not bother trying to reconcile with the MCU. There's no real elegant solution to the whole thing, and I think the show is stronger for having done and continuing to do its own thing.

Anyway this episode owns and I hope Sousa sticks around to the end.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

swickles posted:

Oh yeah, and where is Flint?

Where's Snowflake???

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
This is the show's last season, I'd rather they just fully went "gently caress the Avengers timeline, we're doing our own thing" than waste airtime somehow trying to reconcile their timeline with Endgame's.

A few cameos from the movies might be nice, but nothing beyond that. The "unified Marvel TV/film universe" boat has pretty decisively sailed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Very much appreciate Agent Patrick Warburton not trying to fight May and Coulson and just pretending like he believed them. I feel like immediately turning hostile when someone tries to coerce you into doing something is way too common, despite not being able to name any examples right now.

And I knew May not being able to feel emotions on her own but read other people's very clearly was going to come in handy soon. Plus it gives Ming-Na Wen an opportunity to emote more often!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

RareAcumen posted:

Very much appreciate Agent Patrick Warburton not trying to fight May and Coulson and just pretending like he believed them. I feel like immediately turning hostile when someone tries to coerce you into doing something is way too common, despite not being able to name any examples right now.

I watched The World is Not Enough in a theater full of nuclear physicists. According to them the only part the movie got right was when Christmas Jones saw through Bond's bluff, went along with it and told security when she got the chance.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
I am loving May as the Secret Agent Betazoid, I just hope it doesn't wear thin by the end of the season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I laughed pretty hard at how they did the whole "turn to the camera and smile" thing with Jeff Ward in the opening.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

RareAcumen posted:

It really played well to his natural talent for sounding intrigued too.

quote:

And I knew May not being able to feel emotions on her own but read other people's very clearly was going to come in handy soon. Plus it gives Ming-Na Wen an opportunity to emote more often!

After recently watching Stargate Universe I thought her claiming to be from HR was funny. Chastity McBryde was a pretty deep reference too.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Killer robot posted:

It really played well to his natural talent for sounding intrigued too.

It's a pretty fun tie in to his appearance when he popped up to give different reasons for locking down the Lighthouse. Which Coulson was a little too trigger happy on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ltDZypMfC8

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Did anyone manage to grab a screencap of the list of names on the computer screen? I only caught Bruce Banner and Victoria Hand on the list.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
^^^^ Not the best quality but here you go: https://imgur.com/a/MGkAzzh

Edit: Second picture the names are much clearer but that is because the camera was zoomed closer. But the second picture seems to be a second "page" of names.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 26, 2020

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

muscles like this! posted:

I laughed pretty hard at how they did the whole "turn to the camera and smile" thing with Jeff Ward in the opening.

It was beautiful

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Those opening credits were amazing.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Erev posted:

Did anyone manage to grab a screencap of the list of names on the computer screen? I only caught Bruce Banner and Victoria Hand on the list.

some of the names seemed familiar but the only other ones I definitely recognized were Isabelle Hartley (Lucy Lawless), and Robert Gonzalez (Edward James Olmos) from season 2

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jun 26, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Victoria Hand is there as well.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
They want to kill The Admiral, those monsters

(I mean I don’t know if it’s THAT David Robinson but he would have been like 8 in ‘73 so...)

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

howe_sam posted:

A picture of Mack's parents.

I think it's going to be something more significant - they revelealed macs parents right after, impacting mac. Why would YoYo know what macs 70's parents look like and what would the point of showing a picture of them to the team sent to that place?
Going to come into play next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Coulson lewds