Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don’t think Makima will turn Evil or be a villain I think she is just an awful person on the side of public safety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't think she will turn evil either. After all she's been evil all along! :twisted:

They're laying it on strong enough that i've got tp imagine there's more to it than that though. But I still really doubt she's on the side of the public safety team.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It's worth noting that her being the main villain doesn't mean she's behind everything. It just means that all the other folks trying to kill her had a more sympathetic reason for doing so.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Makima is playing too many games with too many layers at the same time to be sure about anything.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't think she will turn evil either. After all she's been evil all along! :twisted:

They're laying it on strong enough that i've got tp imagine there's more to it than that though. But I still really doubt she's on the side of the public safety team.

Yeah kind of lol. Even if she doesn’t work for public safety she’s just horrible lol. Though I think similarly about public safety if they’ve hired her. I assume Kishibe is ants to kill her because he’s a nice old man now

Kishibe all our fight when Fuji

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The public safety team is on her side. It's just that her side may well be worse than any of the factions it's opposed to.

Like, even an ultranationalist plot to steal demon nukes for Japan and turn them into another superpower would be pretty bad.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jun 23, 2020

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah kind of lol. Even if she doesn’t work for public safety she’s just horrible lol. Though I think similarly about public safety if they’ve hired her. I assume Kishibe is ants to kill her because he’s a nice old man now

Kishibe all our fight when Fuji

I mean considering we just saw her pull some mind-control poo poo in the latest chapter I think saying public safety hired her might not exactly be how it went down.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Perhaps but she could probably be even higher up. Maybe her bosses are even worse etc. I just think the whole organisation will be rotten not just her

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

EmmyOk posted:

Perhaps but she could probably be even higher up. Maybe her bosses are even worse etc. I just think the whole organisation will be rotten not just her

Maybe her boss is a powerful devil, like the Japanese Nationalism devil.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah kind of lol. Even if she doesn’t work for public safety she’s just horrible lol. Though I think similarly about public safety if they’ve hired her.

A reminder. The first time we see Makima's bosses, they tell her not to get attached to anyone.

(Makima also describes Denji as a puppy at the time, which might be cute if not for... everything.)

Add in Makima calling them scary shortly before she's shot in the head, and there's a chance that Makima is actually nicer than the higher ups.

I mean, if nothing else, she picks up the tab when everyone goes out for drinks.

(Even more fun: What we see of foreign Devil Hunting agencies mostly seems even worse than that.)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

I mean yeah they probably suck. They absolutely want to take all the guns for Japan. But i'm pretty certain them and Makima being awful are separate matters.

At the very least I expect the comic to have more for Makima than her just being an agent for public security. If only because it'd be kind of a boring outcome.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I’m very excited for when Kishibe finally makes his move on Makima (we know he’s planning to and tried recruiting Quanxi) and gets horribly killed. But I think he’ll do well. Maybe recruit the devil hunter who helped against Quanxi

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
A random thought: what if "makima" means something to the devils, and Makima is actually the Makima Devil. Like, "makima" is what devils call dying for good, or whatever - something devils fear, like chainsaw. So when the darkness devil spelled it out, it wasn't actually calling her specifically.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

EmmyOk posted:

I’m very excited for when Kishibe finally makes his move on Makima (we know he’s planning to and tried recruiting Quanxi) and gets horribly killed. But I think he’ll do well. Maybe recruit the devil hunter who helped against Quanxi

I think after this little excursion hes shelved that idea permanently.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

EmmyOk posted:

I imagine he's gonna get got in this upcoming mission when Makima has Denji go full DOOM

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Oh yeah I forgot Makima was asked for specifically, that’s strange. Probably nothing to worry about.

IMO Kishibe will get got but will come close or closer than expected. With Quanxi’s dolls they mention he has garbage devils but he seemed to effortlessly beat them so i think he’s insanely seasoned and probably one of the people most familiar with Makima’s contracts and whatever the gently caress she is.

I also really liked that the resolution to his fight with Quanxi was him being thrown out a window because she didn’t have time to actually fight him. Was a cool way to end things without either of them looking weaker imo.

Also please DMif you are interested in joining the Aki defence squad where we parachute into the chainsaw universe and save him. I’ve only done this once before so no time wasters.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What did Beam say to Denji before dying again?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wouldn't be surprised if makima somehow subverts the predetermined future where aki dies. but if so, the changed outcome will somehow be worse for aki.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Aki constantly subverting death for 80 years as he keeps agreeing to things that will kill him in increasingly more tragic and painfully agonising ways but slightly later than the last thing he agreed to. We love to see it, masterful moves by a king.

Also hope he gets a power bump because honestly the powers in this series are so sick. His one from the future devil was a bit weak even though i suppose his contract was ez

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

EmmyOk posted:

Aki constantly subverting death for 80 years as he keeps agreeing to things that will kill him in increasingly more tragic and painfully agonising ways but slightly later than the last thing he agreed to. We love to see it, masterful moves by a king.

Also hope he gets a power bump because honestly the powers in this series are so sick. His one from the future devil was a bit weak even though i suppose his contract was ez

What you think Future devil was lying
Aki is going to live an incredibly interesting life and die an even more glorious death.

And future devil gets front row seats in full 4k VR

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

EmmyOk posted:

IMO Kishibe will get got but will come close or closer than expected. With Quanxi’s dolls they mention he has garbage devils but he seemed to effortlessly beat them so i think he’s insanely seasoned and probably one of the people most familiar with Makima’s contracts and whatever the gently caress she is.

I think Quanxi's devil friends said that Kishibe had contracts with powerful devils but he himself didn't have much to pay for the contracts implying that he couldn't use them effectively.

EmmyOk posted:

What did Beam say to Denji before dying again?

save Aki 2020

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

yum posted:

I think Quanxi's devil friends said that Kishibe had contracts with powerful devils but he himself didn't have much to pay for the contracts implying that he couldn't use them effectively.

save Aki 2020

Yep you’re absolutely correct, I need to reread chapters after a few days lol. I get so excited I just tear through them on Sunday evenings. He has nothing left to pay with, still said “gently caress them kids” to Quanxi’s pets.

*Future Devil seeing how much poon Aki can haul down post vendetta* uhh i wanna see you die.. it’ll be real bad. Not a sex thing, so don’t even trip

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I doubt Fujimoto would do a kind of happy twist on it, but Aki giving himself entirely to Makima in a contract could allow Aki to die as horribly as the future devil predicted but have it not stick because of contract BS.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Prediction: Makima will defeat Halloween to show how powerful she is.

Halloween!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It’s hard to tell with Fujimoto tbh. At least in this series he’s not afraid of character death at all and hurting the reader. But I also have faith he could not kill Aki and still not feel like a cop out. Though that feeling is why it’s gonna hurt so bad when he dies.

Makima getting Halloween’s would be so sick tbh. I don’t care if that’s how a supervillain was killed already

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
Lukewarm take: Makima knew from the start that there is something really really bad and terrifying inside Denji and that's why she is comfortable with him. Cause they're made from the same cloth.

Hot take: it's not Pochitas or Chainsaw Devils or whoevers poo poo behind that door. It's legit Denjis terrible things from some crazy time travel reincarnation Human Devil poo poo.

E: I also like Human Devil theories in general.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

if spoilers are true i might somehow end up loving this series more than fire punch

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

If spoilers are coming out I’ll see you on Sunday. Stay safe Aki defence squad

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
In the event the forums die, there's an ADTRW discord with a chainsaw man channel: https://discord.gg/XJtUxm

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Maybe Aki will outlive SA, what are the odds.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Well, we got this week's speedscans out before an implosion, at least.

https://imgur.com/a/l9SVoXj

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Thank God for America.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
:stare:

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

JamMasterJim posted:

Well, we got this week's speedscans out before an implosion, at least.

https://imgur.com/a/l9SVoXj

Rad.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
TERROR COMES

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Also, fanart for this week's chapter

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Thank God for America.
Team America World Police!

JamMasterJim posted:

Also, fanart for this week's chapter

:perfect:

I have so many questions. Like how does splattering all over the pavement work with dominion? Does she have dominion over the law of gravity or something?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Darth TNT posted:

Team America World Police!

:perfect:

I have so many questions. Like how does splattering all over the pavement work with dominion? Does she have dominion over the law of gravity or something?

She just commanded the splatter devil to do her bidding, using the prisoners as the sacrifice.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lurking Haro posted:

She just commanded the splatter devil to do her bidding, using the prisoners as the sacrifice.

Yeah, she's got contracts with other Devils, one way or another. The handsigns are the same as you get with mundane contractors.

Either her powers let her break the usual rules for contracts, or... well, I've said my pet theories before. No point being repetitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I mean we literally saw her take control of Angel. She can probably just make devils she gets close to do things