Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Grinspork posted:

finally, i can complete my factory quests without living in complete fear.

this game has changed and it's more gamey now and has a mosin that punches through everyone, it's great.

My go-to in Twitch chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

Mesadoram posted:

My go-to in Twitch chat.

Ever since I clapped a three man squad on Interchange with a Mosin Inf. as they were scrambling out of Techlight (with all of the good loot up their buttholes), I've been strictly running Mosin Man. It's just so god drat fun.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

The Clap posted:

Ever since I clapped a three man squad on Interchange with a Mosin Inf. as they were scrambling out of Techlight (with all of the good loot up their buttholes), I've been strictly running Mosin Man. It's just so god drat fun.

I can't put my finger on why using the Mosin is so much fun. It just has this trifecta of being accurate, hitting like a dump truck and sounds like a mean mother fucker :allears:

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I do love the Mosin, but I think I'm going to run mostly the SA-58 from now on. I do super well with it every time and from lvl 1-10 I managed to scav the parts to give it a foregrip, silencer, and drum mag. It's the most ridiculous overkill and I love it

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Cage Kicker posted:

I do love the Mosin, but I think I'm going to run mostly the SA-58 from now on. I do super well with it every time and from lvl 1-10 I managed to scav the parts to give it a foregrip, silencer, and drum mag. It's the most ridiculous overkill and I love it

FALs are the handsomest rifles in the history of the world, you are making a good choice.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I don't think I can imagine a situation where I'd ever tell myself "I wish I had something other than this FAL"

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Listening to the podcast from yesterday with Nikita and I get why the THICC case was removed. They were being purchased by RMT players to expand their item selling operations. 92% of players would sell them for the influx of roubles. They basically did it because people want RMT stopped and this was a way to curb their operations. They'll still be removed, just with warning. Expect next patch.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
Nikita is a whiny little bitch who can’t take an ounce of criticism.

Does any actual player give a gently caress about RMT? Does anyone actually give a poo poo that people just sell the case reward? If some guy who is bad at this game wants to buy rubles and die with good gear that’s just free poo poo for me.

Fix the anticheat and stop reactively changing this game on a whim for 1% of players.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

InevitableCheese posted:

Nikita is a whiny little bitch who can’t take an ounce of criticism.

Does any actual player give a gently caress about RMT? Does anyone actually give a poo poo that people just sell the case reward? If some guy who is bad at this game wants to buy rubles and die with good gear that’s just free poo poo for me.

Fix the anticheat and stop reactively changing this game on a whim for 1% of players.

You should really listen to the last podcast. I empathize with him a lot more. He directly talks about players like you. He even states that over half of the time he spends on developing this game right now is to correct just what you want, the cheating.

You should care about RMT because it creates hackers who create a negative experience for you. Those roubles you don't care if someone buys? Some hacker got them by killing you and then you come on here and complain about the hacker.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

I really shouldn’t post right when I wake up. Somehow I forgot they use hacks to get the RMT accounts going.

Edit: I also messed up sending emails to the wrong people at work jfc

InevitableCheese fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 25, 2020

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

ShowTime posted:

You should really listen to the last podcast. I empathize with him a lot more. He directly talks about players like you. He even states that over half of the time he spends on developing this game right now is to correct just what you want, the cheating.

You should care about RMT because it creates hackers who create a negative experience for you. Those roubles you don't care if someone buys? Some hacker got them by killing you and then you come on here and complain about the hacker.

I don't sympathize with him at all. If they wanted to fix the cheating, they should fix the cheating. Not change 100 other things that affects the entire player base negatively.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Go write a death threat about it. It's an early access game. They can do whatever the gently caress they want and you can play something else.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

ShowTime posted:

did you mean to post this on reddit and end up here on accident

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Mondian posted:

Did you? You forgot to write 'shill'

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

No, my bad posting is intended for consumption here, but I'm not trying to justify Nikita's insanely poor decisions

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Mondian posted:

No. I would have posted something similar to what ChesterJT posted if that was the case.

If they could easily fix hacking and netcode, they would. Why wouldn't they? Are you one of those armchair developers that think they can just press a button and make it all go away? Or a nutjob that thinks BSG thinks the hackers are good for the game? Putting in temporary measures while they actually figure out "the fix" is what they can do right now. They aren't the only company to do it this way. Blizzard, a huge mega gaming company, did something similar recently (limits on number of dungeons you can run in a day). They can't quite fix the problem, so they limit what the RMT people can do and ban the accounts as they can.

For what it's worth, no I don't play the game right now. Hacking is too much of a problem. Yea, BSG already got my money. But if they want to sell me more, they gotta fix the problems. Clearly they want to fix the problem and i'm an example of why.

Oysters Autobio
Mar 13, 2017

Zigmidge posted:

Go write a death threat about it. It's an early access game. They can do whatever the gently caress they want and you can play something else.

lmao, it's been an "early access game" since what? 2016? I love the whiteknighting of buT iTs a bEtA is so hilariously pathetic considering they've been selling this game now for three years as "early access". They also apparently started development of it in loving 2012. There's some real dumb issues that should have been solved from 4 years of closed off development, and then another 4 years of selling the loving game, with a big proportion of that from people paying $150 or whatever for EOD.

If you actually think early access or beta means actually anything these days but an excuse for lovely development I don't know what to tell you.

Let me guess, you also think when this game will be released its going to be open-world because Nikita said so.

Oysters Autobio fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 25, 2020

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

ShowTime posted:

Listening to the podcast from yesterday with Nikita and I get why the THICC case was removed. They were being purchased by RMT players to expand their item selling operations. 92% of players would sell them for the influx of roubles. They basically did it because people want RMT stopped and this was a way to curb their operations. They'll still be removed, just with warning. Expect next patch.

Man, if only there was some way that they could prevent people from flipping these. Unfortunately no such mechanic exists.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

fknlo posted:

Man, if only there was some way that they could prevent people from flipping these. Unfortunately no such mechanic exists.

I know. Pestily even brought it up. I forget what Nikita after Pestily said that, but I do remember the look on Nikita's face and it seemed like it just dawned on him.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Oysters Autobio posted:

lmao, it's been an "early access game" since what? 2016? I love the whiteknighting of buT iTs a bEtA is so hilariously pathetic considering they've been selling this game now for three years as "early access". They also apparently started development of it in loving 2012. There's some real dumb issues that should have been solved from 4 years of closed off development, and then another 4 years of selling the loving game, with a big proportion of that from people paying $150 or whatever for EOD.

If you actually think early access or beta means actually anything these days but an excuse for lovely development I don't know what to tell you.

Let me guess, you also think when this game will be released its going to be open-world because Nikita said so.

No, it is lovely development. There aren't many shills here. I just recognize they are a small, independent, new studio. I want the game to be better, but I also recognize what they can do because of their limited abilities. I know they are hiring more and more as the game gets bigger and sells more. Maybe they'll hire enough people or the right ones. Until the game gets better, i'm just not gonna play. I'm also not gonna complain and complain.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

ShowTime posted:

No, it is lovely development.

Yeah, that's the point. The fact that it didn't even dawn on him to just remove the FIR flag rather than slash the biggest qol rewards from the entire player base instead. This is hardly the first time he's made an asinine blunder like this but oh well I'll just go back to armchair devving lmao

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Mondian posted:

Yeah, that's the point. The fact that it didn't even dawn on him to just remove the FIR flag rather than slash the biggest qol rewards from the entire player base instead. This is hardly the first time he's made an asinine blunder like this but oh well I'll just go back to armchair devving lmao

He is human and isn't the greatest at developing. He's learning. Having an idea like that is different than fixing code to prevent people from hacking. BSG is even willing to implement code that Reddit users find if it benefits the game. No one has found a fix for hacking yet. Find the fix for hacking or stop complaining about them just fixing it. Are BSG or Nikita the best studio for this game? Absolutely not. It's what we got now though. Stop playing if you don't like it. Complaining about it doesn't do poo poo. I realize this is the internet and that's what we get to do, but it makes you look dumb as poo poo just trudging through a game and complaining with every step.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I haven't said a word about hackers? I know, its not an easy fix, but I also know that surprise eliminating the thicc cases from quest rewards is a dumb idea that won't change much of anything except degrade the overall experience of the game. I'm not surprised that you don't understand that though, given you play the game just as much as Nikita does

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That's fair. I'm getting all the users mixed up and thought you were talking about hacking too. I also thought he readded the THICC case for now? I know he said long term he doesn't want it in game, but i'm fine with that. I like having inventory storage, but to me it's not a big deal. I actually found that having 6 THICC cases last wipe to organize everything just meant I spent way too much time keeping it all managed. I don't play the game now, but I still have a poo poo load of hours in the game and get it.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

I’ll make my own drat game and show all of you

You’ll rue the day I enter early access

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

ShowTime posted:

Why wouldn't they?

Because when they ban accounts for cheating they just use their rmt money to buy more accounts. This isn't difficult.

Zigmidge posted:

Go write a death threat about it.

What?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Nikita and the dev team have gotten death threats over people complaining about the game and how BSG isn't fixing it.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Have the new nvidia drivers reduced anyone else’s game performance?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Oysters Autobio posted:

Good lord nobody gives a poo poo about any of this. You bought into a beta, gamer.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

This is a slap in the face to eod owners!!!!!!!!!!

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

ShowTime posted:

No, it is lovely development. There aren't many shills here. I just recognize they are a small, independent, new studio. I want the game to be better, but I also recognize what they can do because of their limited abilities. I know they are hiring more and more as the game gets bigger and sells more. Maybe they'll hire enough people or the right ones. Until the game gets better, i'm just not gonna play. I'm also not gonna complain and complain.

lmao they have a billion bucks from their game blowing up on twitch and can’t find their rear end with both hands

your “I don’t play, I won’t complain, i’ll just uncritically repeat whatever devs and Pestily say” is pretty tired. I play the game, I generally enjoy it for what it is, and I’m going to complain about poo poo becUse it’s funny as gently caress that the devs continually make pants-on-head stupid decisions

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

They need a biiiiiit more funds, just have to ride out the RMT profits

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

idiotsavant posted:

lmao they have a billion bucks from their game blowing up on twitch and can’t find their rear end with both hands

your “I don’t play, I won’t complain, i’ll just uncritically repeat whatever devs and Pestily say” is pretty tired. I play the game, I generally enjoy it for what it is, and I’m going to complain about poo poo becUse it’s funny as gently caress that the devs continually make pants-on-head stupid decisions

You are so off base here, it's hilarious. I hate Pestily and have said so in this thread. I only watch the podcast with Nikita on because it gives game information. I'm a huge fan of the game and have hundreds of hours in it. Before the wipe my playtime was something like 1043hrs. I don't play the game now because of the problems with it. I'm also a human being and understand what I signed up for and what people are capable of.

Whoops.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Gabriel S. posted:

Have the new nvidia drivers reduced anyone else’s game performance?

For what it's worth, while I don't really play, I have loaded up the game a few times in the past couple days to play a few raids and noticed a severe downgrade in performance. I updated my drivers to the most recent AMD ones after some recommendations earlier in the thread. So it could be you or it could just be the game.

In the podcast they also talked about 12.7 updating to Unity 2019 as well as seeing some performance upgrades.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Zigmidge posted:

Good lord nobody gives a poo poo about any of this. You bought into a beta, gamer.

Given the state of gaming and the ways games are released, falling back on “it’s just a beta though!!” Is hopelessly naive at best

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Also someone explain to me how THICC cases significantly impact RMT cause I don’t get it. I rush the therapist quest, sell my thicc case on the market, and rake in a big scoop of 7-8m rubles net? And make well over uhhh, 10’s?? of dollars selling 8m rubles rmt? I have no idea how much 8m rubles is actually worth but I can’t see the effort actually paying off

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Zigmidge posted:

You shame all 2002s with this meltdown

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Zigmidge posted:

Zigmidge posted:

This is a slap in the face to eod owners!!!!!!!!!!

Nikita account spotted

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

idiotsavant posted:

Also someone explain to me how THICC cases significantly impact RMT cause I don’t get it. I rush the therapist quest, sell my thicc case on the market, and rake in a big scoop of 7-8m rubles net? And make well over uhhh, 10’s?? of dollars selling 8m rubles rmt? I have no idea how much 8m rubles is actually worth but I can’t see the effort actually paying off

Apparently just to horde all their items. They buy tons of them to expand their inventory so they have more items to sell. Nikita mentioned them being sold off to new sellers to start their market activities. It seemed like just a inventory and organization thing. He wants them gone long-term, because he thinks they are overpowered. That change was definitely a knee jerk reaction to something he learned about coupled with him just wanting them out of the game. I'd expect them to be removed from that quest next wipe.

Edit: As was mentioned, he could have just made them not flagged as found in raid to get rid of that happening. I guess someone could trade them in a raid, but that adds to the risk. Saying that, a couple hackers trading off their THICC cases isn't that risky.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

ShowTime posted:

Apparently just to horde all their items. They buy tons of them to expand their inventory so they have more items to sell. Nikita mentioned them being sold off to new sellers to start their market activities. It seemed like just a inventory and organization thing. He wants them gone long-term, because he thinks they are overpowered. That change was definitely a knee jerk reaction to something he learned about coupled with him just wanting them out of the game. I'd expect them to be removed from that quest next wipe.

Edit: As was mentioned, he could have just made them not flagged as found in raid to get rid of that happening. I guess someone could trade them in a raid, but that adds to the risk. Saying that, a couple hackers trading off their THICC cases isn't that risky.

Pretty sure you can't even carry icases or thicc cases into a raid anymore friendo