Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

punk rebel ecks posted:

She loves Richard with all her heart.

:stare:

the psychology of abuse victims is complex

I’m glad she’s ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
confirming what most people already assumed, but still, oof. Poor woman.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Oh thank God she's getting on a flight back home. I was low key worried she didn't have somewhere to go for support

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It is time

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Raptor1033 posted:

Oh thank God she's getting on a flight back home. I was low key worried she didn't have somewhere to go for support
That has been the most important thing

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I'm really glad that she's doing things to help herself, other people are helping her, and she's communicating more clearly now. all very good things!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

thank god she's getting the gently caress out of there

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Some good came out of this at least.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
what the gently caress :barf:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I know you don't mean ill will at all but keep in mind that she's a victim and maybe let's not do this

I didn't mean it that way. Sorry if I offended. I should be more sensitive.

Lightning Knight posted:

the psychology of abuse victims is complex

I’m glad she’s ok.

Yeah that's what I took it as too. Lowtax really messed her up. Master manipulator.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

So yeah, thanks abuse friends who pointed out yesterday that yes abuse is a loving roller coaster.

Glad she's been getting help.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

yoink

twoday
May 4, 2005

Crusty Nutsack posted:

presumably that is contingent on lowtax still being a part of the forum, yes? I assume that's what most modmins are doing, honestly, that's what they seem to be saying.

consider this my resignation letter as mall cop if lowtax doesn't gently caress off lmao

I think it will be a moot point soon

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:golfclap:

Also extremely relieved that Logan is getting out of there and is going somewhere safe. Hopefully she never goes near him again.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

god drat gently caress

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Solefald posted:

What's BnR

Buns and rods, the premiere website for hot rods and hard buns on the world wide web.why goons would choose that particular site for the great diaspora is up for speculation.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Besides the fact that she is safe or on her way to safety, I would like to point out that her case number is very nearly 42069, which is a good omen

THS
Sep 15, 2017

yeah its good she’s getting outta there but what an incredible piece of poo poo lowtax is

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I'm glad she went to the hospital because it's another official record that can be used in court etc.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
so far both QueenOfEverything and T-man went into ADTRW to advertise BnR and just ended up being annoying assholes, if you can't talk to people without being a weird dipshit then please loving stop talking to people

Truga posted:

so i get that this forum soon won't exist and people are trying to make folks join bnr while they still can but, uh, giving lowtax more cash by buying transphobic avatars about it isn't how you do that lmfao

the avatar someone slapped onto Bees is disgusting, i hope it's not someone from here because cspam has always been good about trans people from what i've seen but also i've seen plenty of "leftist" dipshits on places like the stupidpol reddit who would 100% do something like that

plus Cuntellectual said that QoW outed them as trans?

what the gently caress, i hope this isn't the kind of poo poo that's going to be prevalent on bnr

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

at least i can exhale

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

thehandtruck posted:

its kind of awesome if u think about it. this era ended SA, Tool, decorum, science, what else am i leaving out?

Ended Tool?

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
Y'all SA is like my best source of information and socialization because I'm a homebody, depressed, and aggressively antisocial. It's devastating that the forum looks like it might shatter but jesus gently caress lowtax, burn it all down.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I'm glad she went to the hospital because it's another official record that can be used in court etc.

yeah, glad she's okay and she got help

Plek posted:

Y'all SA is like my best source of information and socialization because I'm a homebody, depressed, and aggressively antisocial. It's devastating that the forum looks like it might shatter but jesus gently caress lowtax, burn it all down.

yeah i love this terrible cursed place, but i'm sure we can find newer, worse, more cursed places eventually

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

at least i can exhale

:agreed:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
thread title should be updated to let everyone know logan's out of immediate danger

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I just donated $200 to RAINN, which matches more or less what I spent on SA over the years.

still doesn't make up for the fact that I, along with every other goon, was complicit in enabling this

gently caress lowtax

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

RottenK posted:

what the gently caress, i hope this isn't the kind of poo poo that's going to be prevalent on bnr

It's not. A few people seem to have weird ideas about the site but if you just go over there and post you will see it's a perfectly normal forum filled with mostly ex c-spammers that has an extremely similar culture but hopefully without some of the more toxic elements.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Try not to panic, everyone. Just do your best to stay in contact with the body of posters you like. Join discords, offsites. PM your posting pals. There are many links being posted in various subforums. As long as the community is more or less in coherent and complete pieces we will figure out a way to move forward. Try to be patient, it may not happen overnight. SA is more than lowtax, and more than the ramshackle code we are using right now. Don’t worry, we will work it out somehow.

twoday fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 25, 2020

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

thank god she's getting the gently caress out of there

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

twoday posted:

Try not to panic, everyone. Just do your best to stay in contact with the body of posters you like. Join discords, offsites. There are many being posted in various subforums. As long as the community is more or less in one piece we will figure out a way to move forward. Try to be patient, it may not happen overnight. SA is more than lowtax, and more than the ramshackle code we are using right now. Don’t worry, we will work it out somehow.

Yeah, I would happily join an offshoot discord if that's what it takes to be rid of the scum lowtax once and for all

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

i do not have PMs but would like to join a disc. I joined xyz and am going to sign up for bnr tomorrow. I trust that water will pool and a place or two will become central hubs if the worst comes to pass, but it will come with a lot of lost faces and that's sad. I hope everyone finds a place they feel sad and happy, and don't feel bad if you feel some sorrow at the possible loss of a place you posted for like 10-20 years. Lots of people grew up parallel to this dumb site, learned a lot here, and so on. Plus a lot of loving hilarious stuff happened that, talked about outside SA, just loses some of the zazz.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

mods... redeemed?

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

I know this whole mess caused LITERALLY A BIRD to (understandably) jump ship completely, I'm glad she's been able to help Logan on her way out.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

twoday posted:

Try not to panic, everyone. Just do your best to stay in contact with the body of posters you like. Join discords, offsites. PM your posting pals. There are many links being posted in various subforums. As long as the community is more or less in coherent and complete pieces we will figure out a way to move forward. Try to be patient, it may not happen overnight. SA is more than lowtax, and more than the ramshackle code we are using right now. Don’t worry, we will work it out somehow.

I really like BnR but I also really like SA in general despite its toxic shadows, maybe its rose-tinted glasses but it's like if your house burns down and you rebuild it and maybe some of the walls are the wrong lengths and the paint isn't quite the right shade and the floor isn't squeaky anymore, it just doesn't feel right in a way that is hard to convey. An SA account is literally the first thing I ever spent money on over the internet and I never really thought about what it would be like if it stopped existing.

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
Am I correct in assuming that Lowtax is either radio silent or stonewalling mods re: giving up control of the site, Lightning Knight?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Emacs Headroom posted:

Am I correct in assuming that Lowtax is either radio silent or stonewalling mods re: giving up control of the site, Lightning Knight?

In broad terms, there have been offers made but I don’t think they’re realistic so now other options are being explored.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Thank you LITERALLY A BIRD

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Lightning Knight posted:

In broad terms, there have been offers made but I don’t think they’re realistic so now other options are being explored.
is one of those options "buy up his debt from the irs and use it as leverage to sue him for all his possessions"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Apples McGrind posted:

Yeah, I would happily join an offshoot discord if that's what it takes to be rid of the scum lowtax once and for all

there's a fair amount of people from here on the various gaming discords already