Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:smith:

Steam Summer Sale has started, there's £5 off £30 for purchases and a whole bunch of stuff well discounted on my wishlist :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

should i buy Control for $18? it's on sale atm

assuming pc, yes. i think the only console it even runs close to well on is the xbox 1 x

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

carry on then posted:

assuming pc, yes. i think the only console it even runs close to well on is the xbox 1 x

i'll add it to the [wait for ps5] pile, thanks

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Post good bargains for folks who might not have them yet.

Mine; Sleeping Dogs Definitive is less than three quid at the moment, you will get a lot of punching and driving fun for that price, even if the story is a bit threadbare in places where it was cut for time / budget.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/307690/Sleeping_Dogs_Definitive_Edition/

If you like open world 3rd person stuff this is a must-have.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Mine; Sleeping Dogs Definitive is less than three quid at the moment, you will get a lot of punching and driving fun for that price, even if the story is a bit threadbare in places where it was cut for time / budget.

why don't you have a pork bun in your hand

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

this goes on sale on PSN for $5-10 very frequently and the ps4 version is obviously last gen but runs a shitload better than the ps3/360 release

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
lot of James going on here. please enjoy your james experience

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1276175467071115265

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I have doubts about her ability to deliver an authentic james experience

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

psiox posted:

straight to jail

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

jiggled again

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i got a valve index and vr is just like real life

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Shaggar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Ff6izcRCc

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Shaggar posted:

lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Authentic James checking in, go play outer wilds, and don't read anything about it. It's Good im talking real good.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

psiox posted:

Hope she gets the full experience tbh

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I hope a mini George Floyd busts out of her chest like a xenomorph

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Shaggar posted:

lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i'll add it to the [wait for ps5] pile, thanks
i’ve been playing it on a non-pro ps4 and it’s perfectly playable. a little screen tearing for a second sometimes when you unpause, at worst. it is going to have a goty release on ps5 for sure tho so it’ll keep in the meantime

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Salt Fish posted:

Authentic James checking in, go play outer wilds, and don't read anything about it. It's Good im talking real good.

it is extremely good

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Finished the Titanfall 2 campaign at 7 hours, just a good length IMO to keep the plot and setpieces coming without stretching out any filler levels. Apart from the Viper mech fight on the ship hull I really enjoyed everything it threw at me, definitely if you like FPS and big robots this is a no brainer buy on sale.

Especially liked how at the start it would pit you against one or two mechs and by the end you were in pitched battle blowing away twenty plus of the drat things.

The modelling on the mechs was exceptional as well, I'm glad I watched the end credits and you get a good look at the unique mercenary mecha and they are all excellent.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Finished the Titanfall 2 campaign at 7 hours, just a good length IMO to keep the plot and setpieces coming without stretching out any filler levels. Apart from the Viper mech fight on the ship hull I really enjoyed everything it threw at me, definitely if you like FPS and big robots this is a no brainer buy on sale.

Especially liked how at the start it would pit you against one or two mechs and by the end you were in pitched battle blowing away twenty plus of the drat things.

The modelling on the mechs was exceptional as well, I'm glad I watched the end credits and you get a good look at the unique mercenary mecha and they are all excellent.

viper kicked the poo poo out of me. i also liked the length, but i wish there was just a little...bit..more. 5/5

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
titanfall 2 was slept on and im glad its getting proper recognition now

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah titanfall 2 was a real good game.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Salt Fish posted:

i bounced off this idk why, I loved 'minit' a whole lot though

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

i long for more subnautica though

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm mad that the new one isn't finished yet because i have it in my steam library but i can't play it until the plot is done :mad:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

subnautica is goty 2020 because that's when i played it

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i snagged elite dangerous recently and i feel like a toddler learning to walk after bopping around NMS in my end-game ship. its funny though because even feeling confused its kinda relaxing to just fly around space and run some trade routes

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Agile Vector posted:

i snagged elite dangerous recently and i feel like a toddler learning to walk after bopping around NMS in my end-game ship. its funny though because even feeling confused its kinda relaxing to just fly around space and run some trade routes

it feels super badass when you really get the hang of it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
nms and ed are like two halves of the same game, one got the cool planets and the other got the deep piloting

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Agile Vector posted:

I love ED and have put close to 500 hours in it but it definitely suffers from a ton of issues, the biggest imo is new player accessibility. none of the mechanics or systems are really explained, they just give you a ship and toss you in the deep end. if you have any questions head on over to the ED thread.

that said you can get some really pretty screenshots in it

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Zam Wesell posted:

castle crashers still holds up imo. fun genre for coop

1000% correct castle crashers is timeless

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I posted about this before in another thread but if you enjoyed Overlord and would like more 'hordes of minions doing your bidding', go buy Undead Horde while it's 60% off

https://store.steampowered.com/app/790850/Undead_Horde/

It's not even as strategic as Overlord's different minion types, so if like me you don't dig strategy type games don't let that put you off. I absolutely enjoyed my 11hr playthrough, and you can start a NG+ if you want more.

Its also in this Fanatical bundle

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/platinum-collection-build-your-own-bundle-june-july-2020

so if you can find two other games on there you fancy to make up the asking price (Orwell is meant to be OK?) then that might be a better purchase.

edit. Do check Steam prices before buying a bundle right now, Orwell for example is £1.79 to buy.

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jun 27, 2020

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Agile Vector posted:

ED is the epitome of 'Make your own fun', I put checks 915 hours in just flying around, upgrading / engineering my ships and shooting pirates, probably the last hundred hours in VR where the game really shines.

I haven't logged in to the game in almost a year, and I know there have been a bunch of new additions since then, not least player-owned starship carriers. New players can probably get up to speed and one of the previous 'endgame' ships (the base unengineered model) in a week or two now, which honestly I think is a bit of a shame; a lot of my fun was early days in a Space Transit Van making small delivery runs, now with the right knowledge you can make tens of millions in a single mining run and skip over all the early ships.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P46tPB7OaPo
the second video after this when he releases it will have better stuff in, the dead Generation Ships were genuinely creepy to visit

Just getting out to explore was one of my favourite pastimes, when they introduced asteroid bases out in the wilds of space I was one of the first few to discover several of them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
if a demon came up to me and asked me to choose between world peace and vr support in elite dangerous for ps4 I would have to think about it for a while

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i bought titanfall 2 and im going thru the single player and its pretty good. the research lab w/ the time mechanic combined w/ the titanfall movement is probably one of the most fun things in a video jame in a long time.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Played 7hrs of Cloudpunk over the past couple days. The game looks fantastic, the huge cyberpunk city has the rainy aesthetic absolutely perfect - I usually don't like the 'chunky pixel' look but here it seems to work for the huge neon-washed maps.

The gameplay, well I don't think its going to be for everyone - there's not a lot of interactivity past delivery quests with an occasional moral choice at the end, and picking up junk on the streets to scav for extra cash / picking up collectibles to take to various npcs. No combat, no jumping, no fail states or gameovers so far at all as far as I can tell, so yeah if 'walking sims' aren't your thing this will disappoint.

I saw a few Steam reviews decrying the game as 'Full of SJW poo poo', those reviewers are thin-skinned rightwing tools. The game has a bunch of stuff to say about 'android' rights (standing in for LGBTQ issues etc) and also the rich / poor divide. I did an irl lol when I met Glen Bo, one of the npcs you can run into who demands you debate him like king fedora reddit - the dialogue / humour in the game is really its main selling point I guess and it mostly hits the mark.

I'm enjoying the game, you may find it good or you may think its just wasting your time depending on your temperament.

edit: The newest patch lets you drop into full fps vision instead of 3rd person following your character, and I like it a lot better for running around the city streets.

also another lol at streamer Rory Alpha, I can see why Trumpy-types got butthurt.

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jun 28, 2020

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

been playing a lot of subnautica this weekend

just got two levels of upgrade to my seamoth so now i can go below 200m down to 500m

idk how i feel about lack of map. at first it annoyed me, then i set some triangulation beacons and started writing interesting poo poo down in a notebook and that felt really cool, so overall i guess i like it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yep, it's all part of the experience. i also was really frustrated with the lack of map at first, but it makes the world feel way larger and spookier and i'm glad there isn't one. just always carry some beacons with you in case you find something cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah by the time I was done my map was covered in beacons but they were all named something like "cool poo poo here" so it didn't really help