Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Brought To You By posted:

Some are doing the former it seems, I think most are bracing for the latter.

Crasical posted:

Wait, are people bailing on the thread/forums or are we expecting a forums shutdown?

Pretty much doing the former bracing for the latter. Lowtax is a POS, but I'm not to keen on ditching this place given the compiled lists of good manga and other stuff in here, but if he decides to torch the place and run then we have to prepare for that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Here is an archive of every post in this thread up until doomrider7' last post; it's not great for browsing, but at least everything's archived.
It's a compressed tar file, so you'll probably need 7zip to open it.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Reposting this -- the forums are in a state of emergency and we don't know when/if things might just be shut down. If you are lurking this thread, or don't have an account, either pm me (if you have an account with pms) or email me at drsunshinesa @ gmail and ask for an invite link to the discord so you can continue browsing and talking about your favorite Surreal slice of life manga!!!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I made a new archive which can be browsed like normal SA, and even includes images, so you don't have to rely on webhosts.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
For Immortal Children in the Galaxy

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Two new Way of the Househusband

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Dunno if this is surreal necessarily but it's cute af

https://mangadex.org/title/32648/sukinako-ga-megane-wo-wasureta

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Man that got me rough, good rec.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Madoka from the Window ended recently.

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

I really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing it.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

:3: That was a great ending to the series with the epilogue and all.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

New Mieruko-chan!

Oh no

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

a bunch of updates,

new Interrogation Princess
Demon King continues to be the best leader ever

new Night Owl Witch

new Useless Ponko

new Shimeji Simulation

new Sleepy Princess

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Oh by the way, here's a Google sheet with some of the thread's top mangas.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Huzzah! posted:

a bunch of updates,

new Interrogation Princess
Demon King continues to be the best leader ever

new Night Owl Witch

new Useless Ponko

new Shimeji Simulation

new Sleepy Princess

Which one was the isekai chapter of Interrogation Princess where the Demon whips the edgelord?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

doomrider7 posted:

Which one was the isekai chapter of Interrogation Princess where the Demon whips the edgelord?

this one

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I updated the spreadsheet with 2 more I had found in this thread. Should put the link in the first post.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

That chapter truly cements the Hell Lord as the hero the world needs.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Jerkface posted:

I updated the spreadsheet with 2 more I had found in this thread. Should put the link in the first post.

Done!! I encourage everyone who is a thread regular to update the spreadsheet. There are far too many good SDL manga, and too many of them are easy to forget, update irregularly, or obscure.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

DrSunshine posted:

Done!! I encourage everyone who is a thread regular to update the spreadsheet. There are far too many good SDL manga, and too many of them are easy to forget, update irregularly, or obscure.

A good compilation way is to add on the author's name if they have multiple works like day Douman Seiman's entire library.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Nicola Traveling Around the Demons' World

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos

Shocking new lore revelations in this chapter

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I'm not sure what anyone was expecting in a city called Quack. Except maybe large ducks

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I think the strength of her delusions is enough to qualify for surreal.

https://mangadex.org/title/47144/people-are-free-to-think-of-what-they-want-her-anger-management

It... it's pretty much a Stand, isn't it??

EDIT:

ALSO - DOLPHIN COP

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007396

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 30, 2020

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

DrSunshine posted:

ALSO - DOLPHIN COP

holy poo poo this one's amazing

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I really want to know what the purpose/porpoise joke was in Japanese.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
I think this counts: The Mute Girl And Her New Friend

A girl with aphonia transfers schools, and is rejected due to how long it takes her to respond. The girl who sits next to her is telepathic, and makes friends basically to get her to stop thinking too many negative thoughts. Chapters are short, but seems fine so far.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

It's worth noting that DOLPHIN COP is by the author of Beelzebub, which is a solid recommendation by itself.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dolphin cop is maybe the worst timed release of anything ever

E: that whole segment about recording the cops woooooooooof

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Rody One Half posted:

Dolphin cop is maybe the worst timed release of anything ever

E: that whole segment about recording the cops woooooooooof

Yeah, I definitely felt pretty conflicted about that part.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ADCAB

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Jesus I just want Kitsune Spirit to go back to cute fluffy wife and her ripped husband flirting. Current arc is A woman whose fiance arranged for her to be drugged and raped so he could break up with her and profit because of japanese laws. That attempt was foiled but now she's turned around and hired a ninja assassin to kill him which, I mean, retribution is absolutely called for but murder is still murder.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Jesus I just want Kitsune Spirit to go back to cute fluffy wife and her ripped husband flirting. Current arc is A woman whose fiance arranged for her to be drugged and raped so he could break up with her and profit because of japanese laws. That attempt was foiled but now she's turned around and hired a ninja assassin to kill him which, I mean, retribution is absolutely called for but murder is still murder.

Every single translator/note page for the past arc has just been the artist bitching about the tanuki ninja girl and how there's not enough flirting and it's legitimately eroding my patience.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

:wtc: Well that's a huge change of tone from the first few chapters!!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

To be fair we don’t know for sure the ninja is going to kill him.

Also the ending of the tanuki fight was such a letdown. I was expecting the tanuki to transform into the fox’s husband and manage to land a good hit, but no she just transformed into a dragon.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
I wonder if the artist saw unexpected popularity and went "oh poo poo now I need overarching plots!" No you don't, you can make fluffy and heartwarming all day, it's okay!

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Jesus WTF?!! Can authors of stuff that starts off cute and fluffy stop doing that?

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Che Delilas posted:

I wonder if the artist saw unexpected popularity and went "oh poo poo now I need overarching plots!" No you don't, you can make fluffy and heartwarming all day, it's okay!

This for sure. Just keep doing what you were doing before only more of it.

Aside that, I'm trying to find this Manga about a dopey journalist girl with glasses and her long suffering retainer as they keep bubbling along trying to get the scoop on various crimes and events in a really Steam Detectives kind of setting. It was funny. Cover had the girl eating a bun.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jul 3, 2020

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

doomrider7 posted:

Aside that, I'm trying to find this Manga about a dopey journalist girl with glasses and her long suffering retainer as they keep bubbling along trying to get the scoop on various crimes and events in a really Steam Detectives kind of setting. It was funny. Cover had the girl eating a bun.

https://mangadex.org/title/41219/the-adventures-of-totoko-investigative-reporter

It's fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

doomrider7 posted:

Jesus WTF?!! Can authors of stuff that starts off cute and fluffy stop doing that?

It started off with the guy about to commit suicide though