Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Bryce is being shady as gently caress directing people to his DMs and "trying to air all this in public". Sounds like he looked the other way on some poo poo.

https://twitter.com/thecherryfox/status/1275862835847987202?s=19

https://twitter.com/dabryceisright/status/1275931162356178944?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, absent everything else I can understand not wanting to hash out ANYTHING sensitive on Twitter especially with other people involved. I don't know. It can be sketchy protection of yourself and predators but it can also just be not involving a million assholes in your important conversation.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

syzpid posted:

I felt like it was only a matter of time until something came out about Quack. Wasn't the rumor that he had to shutdown Chikara for that year because he had cheated on his wife with one of the wrestlers and she was divorcing him and she had been the one financing it mostly?

Kind of sad, Ultramantis Black drew me back into wrestling and Chikara was the first wrestling show I had went to in over a decade. gently caress Quack

He was in fact getting divorced at that time.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Here's her story that Bryce is mad about :

https://twitter.com/thecherryfox/status/1275894245312925697

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Ursa Minor adding his two cents.

https://twitter.com/UrsaMinorSky/status/1275974314261729280

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
other works and a close friend of solo and a fellow poster here says Ursa is full of poo poo about the Solo stuff

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

tweet deleted

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Lunatic Sledge posted:

tweet deleted

yeah everyone told him to gently caress off

anyway UltraMantis the Goat

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

https://twitter.com/ChikaraAAW/status/1276221986453311488

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

That sucks. I know they worked hard on the game

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
License the engine coward Tony... unless Quack would get money from it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's ultimately a good thing that the extremely awful looking game has had its only selling point ripped out so no one forces themselves to buy it

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Something amazing just happened

One of Quack's fabled post-show emails to the CHIKARA roster has leaked - from King of Trios 2009, Night 3

It's courtesy of Mitch Ryder, who quit immediately after because Quack trashed his new ring gear in the email

quote:

Subject: KoT, Nt. 3

Gang,

Today, I made my way through the March 29 KoT finale, and this is what I saw:

Team Uppercut vs. The UnStable: Dave Taylor is a strange man. You can tell he's a hardass, and probably took a lot of poo poo throughout his career. Maybe that's why it's so entertaining to see him having such a good time through this tournament. It's like he can't wipe the smile off his face half the time, even though he wants to act like a badass. And that's great. The crowd clearly picked up on how much Dave and Bryan were enjoying themselves, which made the UnStable great character foils as the spoil-sports of the tournament. Jerry and Tony's new light blue gear looks really good. The UnStable seemed more confident, more aggressive here then they were the previous nights, which is what we needed from them. Jerry's selling has come up a notch or two, maybe because having Colin around, who is outstanding in that department, makes you bring your game up. All the falsies were great. Really enjoyable all around.

F.I.S.T. vs. TFIN: This is how you get babyfaces over. Just watch FIST. I loved how, when Lince tagged in, there were about 20 people who "boo'd" his entry, but by the time his shine with Ron was over, he had turned the crowd on because the material was right, and both guys knew what to do. This match didn't entirely undo the damage of the previous nights, but it came as close as it could within 13 minutes. All the choices made in this match were the right ones. From the turn-around right through to the end, the crowd is electric. This is probably my favorite match of the whole weekend, the only other contender that hit as many correct notes would be FIST vs. F1rst from the night before. That fact convinces me that FIST were the right guys to win this whole thing. Excellent stuff from everyone involved.

Cannon vs. Generico: This match was added basically because I loved last year's Team IWS vs. F1rst match, and it seemed like a waste to have these guys and not pair them up in some way. Kingston and Bryce were excellent calling the action here. I think the crowd had lost a little energy during the hot finish to the last match (they were really nuts during the last 90 seconds of the TFIN/FIST match) and probably needed a little time to recover. This deserved better reactions than it got. Very solid, exciting content. I think Cannon would be better served using his punch once or twice a match rather than 8 - 10 times. Like Jimmy Olsen, his punch is so believable, it should be a false finish. In the end, this was a fine singles match, with good storytelling and believable action that never lost your interest.

Tag Team Gauntlet: This was tiresome in parts, excellent in others, and perhaps, needs to be dropped next year to change things up. I'll try to break this up into pairings.

Incoherence and Team EPIC WAR, when I watched it live, felt like it went 2 moves too many, but on DVD, it did not come across that way at all. Frightmare's new Globetrotter gimmick went well for a first trial run, but it's only about a 6 out of 10 right now. We'll polish it up some more this weekend in Easton. Louden seems to routinely confuse the Shooting Star Press and the Moonsault Press on commentary.

The Sea Donsters came on, and looked like they could barely do their own material. If Lince Dorado came out and was sloppy like this, the marks would burn him in effigy and tear the Arena down brick by brick. But, Philly likes whatever is cool on the boards, and luckily for Hydra, that includes him. When Donst saved Hydra from the suplex, it worked, but when Hydra had to save Donst, he showed up late, and missed it entirely. Hydra almost killed himself doing a pescado plancha. When the Donsters did their double-team on Mantis, Hydra got more Donst than he did Mantis, and it looked terrible. Felt like a slopfest. This was the only appearance by the Donsters all weekend, and as this is probably the most watched CHIKARA event of the year, what a terrible place to be inaccurate and sloppy. Casual fans will watch this 4 - 5 minute segment and wonder "how the hell are those guys over?"

The Neo Solar Temple is really hit or miss. Crossbones comes off like a badass bruiser one minute, then looks like an uncoordinated fat guy the next. When Beef and Turtle came on, it was going to be one end of the spectrum or the other. When you consider the challenges he has to work with, it's amazing what Turtle can do. Too bad they turned on his Phillies line, because that should have been gold. Beef Wellington occasionally looks like he knows what he's doing. This is not one of those times. His offense (watch the dropkick, or when he whips someone) is rookie-level, and his strikes and such aren't the least bit believable. Luckily, this segment was short.

Uno and C-A-W came on, fans did not like that the Order was eliminated. For being such a relatively big guy, Player Uno sure is one rotten base for high-flyers. Don't tell dudes you can base for them when you have no strength in your body. Or, perhaps, hit the gym first. I know it's awkward when someone asks you to help base them for a flying move, and in your head you doubt yourself, but you don't want to turn them down because that sets a bad precedent. But that's the safe, smart thing to do if you aren't strong enough to be a good base. Otherwise, you're going to kill somebody.

Pinkie and Mitch made for an interesting combination. Pinkie has an awesome presence, knows how to use his facial expressions, body language and vocals to get the most out of every spot, which is a lot like Mitch. Pinkie knows when to be explosive, and his offense is fresh and original. He also gets the difference between working face and heel - when Pinkie is trying to be a heel, he sells like a douchebag so the crowd can't sympathize with him. That too is like Mitch, who knows how to get the right reaction. My gripe here is that this segment was given 3 minutes on the sheet, and went just short of 7 minutes. There's no excuse for that. Mitch wore some bargain basement gear that totally robs him of his presence - and there was a time that Mitch Ryder had more heel presence than any guy on our roster. Here, he had almost none. The clothes make the man, they say.

The Soul Touchaz are a great act, and a big part of it is their dancing entrance. But in a situation like this, they probably should have just sprinted to the ring and gone after the heels, rather than allowing them time to recuperate. This segment went 5 solid minutes.

When the Young Bucks came on, it was the shot in the arm the match needed. Marshe is fuckass fantastic, and with his look and size, could really be a major star if presented correctly. If that whole crew lived out here, much like Cannon and his backwoods crew that thinks living in MN is a good career move, I'd put them on every show. The NSX are one of the indies' best kept secrets, and secrets they will remain in Minnesota. But they could all be fulltime players for us. That's how much I like the act. The Bucks know what gets them over, and they deliver.

The Bucks and Cheech & Cloudy really clicked well, and in some ways, they are cut from the same cloth. They can work that non-stop style realistically, and it was fun to watch for the 3.5 minutes it lasted.

Grizzly and Brodie did all the right stuff with Cheech & Cloudy, the only error clearly being the bit where Cheech was allowed to pick up Brodie into a powerbomb position. It ended badly.

The final segment where Jigsaw and I came on was a disappointment. There were good spots ruined by bad timing throughout. They were either rushed, or took a few seconds too long, and neither of those is especially desirable. I am as guilty as any of us for that. Not an impressive way to finish the gauntlet at all.

Colony/NSX vs. Portal/Team DDT: Wow, I'm so over Nakazawa's oil gimmick. It was beyond tiresome here, and worse, at the finish, it made the ants look like the punchline to a stale joke. Not good for babyfaces. The Egyptian Destroyer flip-piledriver should be Ophidian's Tiger Driver '91. Misawa would pull it out once or twice a year as a kill-finish when everything else had failed. That's how this should be. We saw it in January, again in Reading the next month, and again in this match. We shouldn't see it again until the end of the year. This way, it really means something when you see it. I realize that move can't be done with everyone, but that's no excuse to over-expose it. I do a Tiger Driver off the top rope, at most, once a year. I haven't done it since November, 2007. So when it finally comes out again, it's going to mean something as a finish. Anyway, the match. I hate the drooling of oil spot onto Fire Ant. In fact, I'm pretty drat sure it says right on every line-up I write not to do exactly that. Michael not withstanding, the rudos were pretty on point here, and the faces knew what to do. Maybe a minute or two too long, but the crowd really enjoyed this mixture of characters. If not for KUDO's explosive offense, I think Durrell would have been the star of this one. His vocals were great.

Kingston vs. Aries: Like it's not hard enough to keep Kingston heel in Philly. Instead of the babyface Aries I had asked for, I got the guy who does whatever the gently caress he wants. Because, let's be honest, being a TV megastar on HDNet, (available to about 5% of the US, and watched by far less than that,) probably makes him better suited to decide the content of a CHIKARA show than me. Or perhaps, he realized he'd never be brought back, and decided to just go out and be a douche because his game was already over. Take your pick.

Kingston was a machine out there. The Sleepwalker suplex in particular looked great. The finish came out of nowhere, which was a good contrast to the preceding match. Solid, hard-hitting, like you'd expect from a Kingston match.

Player Dos vs. Ibushi: I thought here, more than any other match of his, Ibushi's star presence was really on display. I liked the back-and-forth nature of the first act, since both guys were faces, this seemed like a good idea. Apart from one little slip on the top rope (that Dos covered up very nicely), this was simply awesome, good high-flying fun. A bigger push for Player Dos in the back half of the year is clearly in order. Liked this one a bunch.

FIST vs. Team Uppercut: This told the right story in the right way, and didn't waste time getting to the heart of the matter. This late in the night, especially following Ibushi/Dos, that was a smart move. I had great confidence this would be good. If these 6 guys can't deliver a kickass match, something is wrong with the world. Fear not. All is right. The match was a fitting end to the tournament, and the weekend.

The whole King of Trios weekend was a mixed bag. When it was good, it was stellar. When it was bad, it was simply putrid. As I finish writing this, I looked at SMV's all-time Top 10 bestsellers, and all 3 nights of the tournament are already there. At least for 2009, this is the (non-ROH) indy event more wrestling fans will see than any other, and Night 3 in particular really delivered the goods.

Hopefully the time and effort put into reviewing these discs will be worth it. Even when harsh, I think honest feedback is the key to growth, and by year's end, I think the way we grow is going to go a long way toward closing the gap between us and Ring of Honor, a company that is losing ground every day to us.

MIKE

Mitch Ryder's reply to Quack:

quote:

To: quackpcw@aol.com;
Subject: RE: KoT, Nt. 3
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 22:58:43 -0400

after reading this review, it is with my deepest regret that i am quitting chikara. effective, immediatly. i will not be on the flight tomorrow. the reason i am sending this to all of you is that quack decided to involve you all in burying me about my "bargain basement" gear and my presence! mike, you have totally humiliated me! how unprofessional to do to that. if you have a problem with my gear or my work then you discuss it in private. you don't embarass the poo poo out of me and then smile and shake my hand when i walk in to the venue. who the gently caress do you think you are? i wouldn't dream of criticizing one of my seniors in the business like tracy smothers or bull pain! especially in a bulk email! could you imagine me picking bull apart and then having the balls to send it in a bulk email! that is not how things are done in this business. you are way out of line! i have given all to chikara and as i look around my house and watch my daughter pack so she can go to her grandmas while i leave again, it becomes clear that i would be a fool to leave this behind to venture across the country to work for a man that disrespects me! i don't think so. i think of all the delayed and cancelled flights and how my family and i have suffered so greatly for chikara. in return, i get humiliated. i paid $125 for those pants and then went around your locker room showing them off, proud of the fact that i was willing to go to such lengths to modernize my look to try and better fit in with the younger workers. i was proud of those custom made pants and you just talked about me like i am one of your trainees. i don't think so. its been a running joke about how much ego you have in writing those show reviews every month. the whole locker room knows its in bad taste. we laugh at you down here because we have never seen anyone with so much audacity. i always just laughed it off until now. now, you have embarassed me anf killed my credibility with the boys. how are the younger guys suppose to respect and listen to me when you don't respect me. chikaras success has gone to your head. i use to say that mike quackenbush is my favorite person in this business. now, you rank among those that have hurt me most in this business. i thought we were friends. the old mike would never have embarassed mitch ryder in front of the boys. where did you go? i heard you described the other day as "a closet scumbag" and everyone in the locker room that heard that agreed. your an arrogant rear end in a top hat and you have hurt my feelings huge! for those of you reading this let me tell you how it is suppose to go in this business- you honor and respect those that have been practicing this craft longer than you. your not suppose to humiliate them! mike, as far as the money your out, i guess i will use it to get some better gear other than the bargain basement poo poo i wear. i am gonna miss everyone like crazy but i have to make a stand. its not ok what your doing quack!

MorrisBae fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 25, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Man, Quack really is a dork. I hope he sent show notes to Kota Ibushi.

"The Sea Donsters came on, and looked like they could barely do their own material. If Lince Dorado came out and was sloppy like this, the marks would burn him in effigy and tear the Arena down brick by brick. But, Philly likes whatever is cool on the boards, and luckily for Hydra, that includes him."

What a salty prick. Lince Dorado was pushed super hard by you, Hydra was a lower mid card comedy act. How does a guy so completely fail to understand why people watched his promotion?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I'm reading Mitch's reply with his voice in my head and it's cracking me up. Quack dumping on Player Uno is also funny given their current positions in the business.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He was right about Uno. Before Brody debuted in AEW there were multiple issues with him and being used in highspots. He has Nia Jax syndrome of being big but not working out

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Well, one thing Quack got 100% right is his hatred of Austin Aries at least. Honestly though, it doesn't feel like that review was THAT bad. Quack praised Mitch multiple times but he gets all bent out of shape because of the gear criticisms. Kinda silly IMO.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It’s ridiculous and unprofessional to send that kind of poo poo in a mass email

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It primarily reads like a really bad manager. Very little of the criticism is constructive and just some form of "it sucked be better" which is useless.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It’d be lovely to say that in private and face to face too, and coming from the guy with with some of the worst ring gear in history it’s laughable.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Imagine the audacity of paying the joke money that CHIKARA paid and insulting someone's ring gear. You gonna pay for that gear Mike?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, that entire thing does also have an air of "you know you're Chikara, right?"

Actually thinking it out, Quack can go gently caress himself criticising an employees gear that they bought themselves. If Quack want them to have good poo poo he can get them good poo poo. At the least find them what you want and tell them, don't criticize after the fact.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Gumball Gumption posted:

It primarily reads like a really bad manager. Very little of the criticism is constructive and just some form of "it sucked be better" which is useless.

This is exactly what it is. Its got the tone of a loving office report.

Love to see Mike "trashbag pants and latex under armor shirt" Quakenbush criticize anyone for their gear.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Quack bitching that a heel Aries decided to play heel is some poo poo lmao. the guy was booked as a big heel everywhere else, why would he suddenly be a baby face for you

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

KungFu Grip posted:

Quack bitching that a heel Aries decided to play heel is some poo poo lmao. the guy was booked as a big heel everywhere else, why would he suddenly be a baby face for you

I haven't seen it in years, but at Night 1 of KOT 2009 Aries decided to play plucky babyface on his team of heels to piss Quack off

He even did Tatanka's full comeback in the middle of the match

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MorrisBae posted:

I haven't seen it in years, but at Night 1 of KOT 2009 Aries decided to play plucky babyface on his team of heels to piss Quack off

He even did Tatanka's full comeback in the middle of the match

this owns

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
lol wasn't this the KOT when The Future Is Now finally gets eliminated, the crowd started chanting "Thank You FIST"? Or was that a different year.

I also like him complaining that Hydra is so popular and so over, it doesn't matter if he fucks up spots that other wrestlers would be poo poo on for messing up.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Did anyone that was derided in that email continue to work for Chikara?

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

TV Zombie posted:

Did anyone that was derided in that email continue to work for Chikara?

Hydra lost a Loser Leaves Town match to Tim Donst later that year

Beef Wellington was never used again

Crossbones was a regular until 2012

Super Smash Bros. became regulars until 2010

Mitch Ryder was never used again

Pinkie Sanchez was a semi-regular until 2011

Michael Nakazawa was never used again outside of a joint tour of Japan with BJW in June 2009

Aries was never used again

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's very funny that Nakazawa is on national TV with the same gimmick

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MorrisBae posted:

Pinkie Sanchez was a semi-regular until 2011

Pinkie was brought back as part of the Flood storyline. He eventually turned face and realigned himself with the Colony. Then after doing a match in 2016, Quack told him, "You were late getting here. I'm not paying you for the show." So that was that!

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
I've received confirmation from a bunch of people that

-Quack has been sending out the emails as far back as 2005

-A talent used to leak the emails every month to the mod forum at ChikaraFans circa 2009-2011

I think my new White Whale is the post-show email from the 2007 "Chapter 11" event where Lince Dorado nearly killed himself.

Can't even imagine how Quack would have spun that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Til We Make it is loving weird as hell and how in the gently caress did he think his delivery in these isn't weird as hell.

Also how poor was he he is complaining about how expensive baby wipes are because he wipes himself down after matches.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

MassRafTer posted:

Til We Make it is loving weird as hell and how in the gently caress did he think his delivery in these isn't weird as hell.

I mean...it's like Lowtax livestreaming video games levels of sad, but Quack didn't even pull in comparative numbers:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCogwzVlE7VfXFr_LTM_xltA/videos

Still not as sad as Low Ki's motivational videos

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

MassRafTer posted:

Also how poor was he he is complaining about how expensive baby wipes are because he wipes himself down after matches.

He sounds like a guy doing corporate training videos or a guy from those 'learn how to speak English' TV shows.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I wanna see this Mitch Ryder gear so I can know just how petty Quack is but I can't find it. Who is hoarding all of the screenshots from that King of Trios show??

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Ganso Bomb posted:

I wanna see this Mitch Ryder gear so I can know just how petty Quack is but I can't find it. Who is hoarding all of the screenshots from that King of Trios show??

2 minutes into this highlight video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5atMXhBGobA

MorrisBae fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 26, 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seams posted:

He sounds like a guy doing corporate training videos or a guy from those 'learn how to speak English' TV shows.

Specifically he reminds me of Anik Singal.

Kittenmasque
Jun 24, 2020
In the wake of SA seemingly going under I decided to check this forum to see how it was responding and to say my farewell as a longtime poster here-- but I saw the thread title and was curious to dig a little deeper to find out what was going on. I trained at Chikara more than 5 years ago for a time between 6 months to a year-- this was before its location changed from Huntingdon Valley to Philly. I was one of the only beginner students at the time although there were a couple students there before me that ended up quitting and a few others that joined who only lasted a few weeks. I was already in pretty good shape when I joined and just wanted to become a good worker as fast as possible. I'm proud to have trained with everyone I shared the ring with-- most of them are now wrestling in WWE and AEW and I'm so happy for them.

I don't really have any dirt to dish on the sexual allegations but I can speak to what it was like training there in my own personal experience. I still prefer to remain anonymous both IRL and from my regular forum sn. I never posted about training there or ever mentioned that I was a worker because I felt that it went against an unwritten code of the wrestling, I know that Quack can be petty like Lowtax, and I honestly didn't wanna get doxxed or anything.

I have all these paragraphs typed out but it's so loving long and I'm not sure if anyone would even care. I will paste a few selections and could elaborate or answer any questions later if anyone cares.

First, I can confirm that Quack's persona off-camera is way different than how he presents himself in all of his videos. One of the allegations says that Quack would always talk poo poo about people behind their backs and give them stupid nicknames. This is true and always annoyed me. It also made me feel like I could never trust him. He did it to pretty much everyone even the people I thought he liked and were close to him. I have no doubt he must've done it to me too. But you know people who do that kind of poo poo typically have some serious mental issues and when you're in the business on the indies that long-- you've probably seen or done some pretty heinous poo poo that stays with you. I will say that I do think he's extremely knowledgeable about professional wrestling and I've respected him for that. I do believe that can provide you with the education and skillset to become a good worker and I think Chikara at times has been grossly under-appreciated for its depth of talented workers. But he's a worker and he's definitely a manipulator. I want to be fair to him and say that I do respect his passion for professional wrestling. I see him in those Til we Make it videos and want to believe he's less of a cheap rear end in a top hat than he was when I trained at his school.

That said, I trained at the Wrestle Factory in Huntingdon Valley before it was relocated to Philly many years ago. In that building, there was this steel bracket hanging from the ceiling above the ring that was strapped and pulled off to the side by a bungie cord. Should anything have caused that bungie to snap or come loose while we were training in the ring, holy poo poo.

In general, I'd see Quack no more than about once a week but there were many weeks where he wasn't there and I didn't particularly mind that too much because I felt like sometimes he'd spend too much time focusing on bullshit that wasn't important for anyone at the beginner level--- given that I could never get him to let me take the in-ring exam to get out of the 101 class as many times as I asked him. On the days he was there, sometimes we barely trained at all and instead spent a bunch of time doing these stupid little oddjobs like putting stamps on postcards and poo poo-- or folding shirts to sell for an upcoming show. Maybe it was just a night that Quack just didn't feel like bumping or something though idk. That said, there were times I felt he loved me and there were times I felt like he hated me. Sometimes after a weekend show, he would have us setup the ring before class and when learning to setup the ring-- I was always told to be careful about the turnbuckle eyelits not being screwed in far enough which could cause a rope to pop and get loose-- which if it's the top rope could be very dangerous when you're hitting the ropes. One particular day he seemed to be in a bad mood and wanted me and another guy to tighten the turnbuckles before we got started which wasn't real uncommon. After a few minutes I noticed there was an eyelit that was barely threaded-in and was on the verge of popping off so I grabbed the tool to start tightening it because I didn't want anyone to fall out of the ring and hurt themselves. Before we began tumbles, Quack saw me tightening the eyelit and flew into a huge fit, calling me a loving idiot or whatever--- and shouting over me to get out of the ring as I tried to explain to him that the eyelit was on the verge of popping out. (I also want to mention that there were no crash pads outside of the ring or even a thin mat-- just cold hard cement floor. One of my instructors now in AEW even expressed his annoyance that there were no crash pads provided at all to protect us).

One time I was training with a member of the roster and Quack conspicuously walked over to hand him a white envelope and made sure we heard him express his "thanks". When Quack walked away, the guy turned to show me what was in the envelope was actually just a check and receipts for the ring-truck the guy rented for the weekend show. Apparently Quack wanted us to think he was paying the guy for working the show that weekend. It was so carny and like the classic shenanigans of cheap wrestling promoter-- I actually found it amusing but my compatriot wasn't so amused.

There was only one time I ever saw a girl train at the Wrestle Factory when I was there, she was an active member of the roster at the time but I only ever saw her work on one Chikara show the whole time I was there. The time I trained with her it was just me, her, and one other instructor. I believe she's long-since retired but I do remember reading a rumor about her and Quack-- it might have even been from a previous Chikara thread on this very site. In any case, it didn't seem like the allegation came from her directly and at the time I did find the idea of her being involved with Quack in that way to be rather preposterous. But I'm reading some of the allegations even as I've been typing this and one of them does sound super familiar to this particular girl I'm describing but even theaw allegations present as being not-isolated incidents so I really can't say for sure.

I wanna say I appreciated all of my instructors at Chikara. I also wanna note that Hallowicked was pretty much universally loved by everyone and praised as a saint in the wrestling business-- and I have to agree! Just from my training sessions and experiences with him-- he was always very careful, took a personal interest in helping you get better, and he never abused his position. Aside from his gifted talents in the ring, he's a real athlete and seemed to have a great stable life that I respect and admire. I can't imagine that any of the allegations that I've read could possibly be about him and I hope he is picked up by AEW or WWE should he choose to continue wrestling as a possible career path.

I have more written out but I guess I'll just leave it there for now. If I don't say it on my main account, it's been great posting in the pagoda with you guys over the years and hopefully we'll be able to reconnect down the road or in Valhalla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Thank you for writing about your experience. It was interesting to read and sad at the same time to see Quack's real life behavior.