Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Hedrigall posted:

I don’t care about the mod forum being leaked but a mod (maybe bird) once told me there were multiple long discussions about me and what to do about the Hedrigall problem and I’d kinda like to read those :kiddo:

Yeah don't do this to yourself. You're a good poster and a good person and that's obviously the conclusion they came to, you really don't need to read any long debates about you as a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Hedrigall posted:

I don’t care about the mod forum being leaked but a mod (maybe bird) once told me there were multiple long discussions about me and what to do about the Hedrigall problem and I’d kinda like to read those :kiddo:

i enjoyed your mass effect contributions back in the day

more innocent times

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Pastry of the Year posted:

Sandwich Anarchist went from mod-antagonist to one of the best posters in PYF. I hope y'all ended up working it out, because you're both swell people.

No, we've never interacted since. I hope either he's never thought about my poo poo for a second since, or he sees this and shrugs, or both. Good poster, good content. I don't need an acknowledgement but I do hope he sees it at some point. And thanks. :shobon:

VotGs
Dec 15, 2003

Don't mind me.
I was one of the soldiers who received body armor during that charity drive--one of my then supervisors was a goon. I'm even in the Front Page article! My claim to fame for the last 17 years, right? I used this place for relaxation during my divorce and my deployment to Iraq (which overlapped, yay for me), and ever since then it's been THE place to go to find new and interesting things. I even met my current husband here--we celebrate our 11th anniversary soon.

I'm glad to have been here, and I'm glad for the things I've learned. I'll be heartbroken to see it go; I don't really want to go to any off-site groups, because I valued the wild variety of opinions and information I could get here.

Just so anyone who contributed to the body armor charity drive might see this, THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. It was a weird time for the country and the internet, and I will never ever forget how it felt to see people I did not know and could never know reaching out to make sure I was safe, and my buddies were safe. We all came through relatively okay and sane, and a lot of that was thanks to knowing that people cared while we were scared about what we'd been asked to do, without knowing the reasons why except that it was our turn to face death in the supposed service of our country's needs. It's been a haven since then, even during my darkest times, and whatever else has happened, it was worthwhile for that alone.

If Lowtax kills it, then that is what must be, but I didn't want this place to vanish without acknowledging my debt to the forums and the people who make it what it is.

Thanks, guys, and I love you all, even the assholes I put on my ignore list, you worthless pieces of poo poo.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Man, this really feels like the last week of Senior year, when we all get out yearbooks and are like "drat, what a long strange trip"

Hedrigall posted:

I us3d my l33t hacker skillz to read the thread(s).

It amounted to Heddy is TOO HORNY/I Am Unable to Unhorny Whenever They Post in my Threads. :cool:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It's early days yet but Cyrano has said on the TFR discord there is big GOOD news coming for the forums. Obviously it's a goon saga unfolding so things will still go to poo poo but don't stress too hard just yet.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

FilthyImp posted:

Man, this really feels like the last week of Senior year, when we all get out yearbooks and are like "drat, what a long strange trip"

i just told my wife that it's got an extreme air of "stay cool have a good summer." huge auld lang syne vibes.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

HOLY poo poo
I, Jeffrey of YOSPOS, have reached an agreement with Lowtax to transfer all Something Awful LLC assets to me. No contract has been signed yet but these things take time and I want to make this announcement now. Obviously, if this falls through, you all will hear it straight from me.

Lowtax asked me to make clear that this is not an admission of any guilt. He maintains his innocence. However, he recognizes that the site cannot continue with him in charge, and the community and site are more important than his name.

This has been one of the most stressful and sad ~72 hours of my forums life and I'm sure everyone has a million questions and I'll plan on discussing this with the community tonight, after taking a few hours to catch my breath. Please don't burn down the whole site yet - we can get through this as a community.

This site has been extremely important to me since I joined 15 years ago. I love this place more than anything and, and top of everything else, the idea of it just going away was heartbreaking to me. My promise to all of you is that I love something awful as something awful, and my intention is to preserve all of the things that make this site incredible. This will be something awful, at its best, not any sort of weird vision of what something awful should be.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Crane Fist posted:

Did you go to the survivalist yoga retreat from the famous quote?

No that was in Hawaii

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Huh
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering kaboom!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Inceltown posted:

HOLY poo poo
I, Jeffrey of YOSPOS, have reached an agreement with Lowtax to transfer all Something Awful LLC assets to me. No contract has been signed yet but these things take time and I want to make this announcement now. Obviously, if this falls through, you all will hear it straight from me.

Lowtax asked me to make clear that this is not an admission of any guilt. He maintains his innocence. However, he recognizes that the site cannot continue with him in charge, and the community and site are more important than his name.

This has been one of the most stressful and sad ~72 hours of my forums life and I'm sure everyone has a million questions and I'll plan on discussing this with the community tonight, after taking a few hours to catch my breath. Please don't burn down the whole site yet - we can get through this as a community.

This site has been extremely important to me since I joined 15 years ago. I love this place more than anything and, and top of everything else, the idea of it just going away was heartbreaking to me. My promise to all of you is that I love something awful as something awful, and my intention is to preserve all of the things that make this site incredible. This will be something awful, at its best, not any sort of weird vision of what something awful should be.

what the gently caress

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Now we are cooking with some mother loving GASOLINE BABY

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Inceltown posted:

HOLY poo poo

gently caress YES.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CannonFodder posted:

No that was in Hawaii

Oh yeah right nvm

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

yay

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Quite pleased about this tbh

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Oh thank goodness!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Will bird come back?

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Wait, this is 2020. Things aren't supposed to end WELL.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

holy poo poo i didn't see this coming at all

Polaron posted:

Wait, this is 2020. Things aren't supposed to end WELL.

well nothing is signed yet

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Len posted:

Will bird come back?

I doubt it, the job is extremely stressful and honestly she seemed really burned out before all this went down.

I

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

What a rollercoaster ride this is

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Maybe this is hosed up, but I was half expecting the announcement to be a joke post.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Violet_Sky posted:

Maybe this is hosed up, but I was half expecting the announcement to be a joke post.

Same

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

This going through is literally the best possible outcome. Legit excited rn.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Violet_Sky posted:

I mean it does end in a goatse

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hail king Jeffrey of YOSPOS, first of his name, saviour of SomethingAwful

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Violet_Sky posted:

Jeff has lowkey wanted to buy the forums for a while so feel free to get a bit excited

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Bird is literally a hero btw
She's better than what any of us deserved. Fly free, bird

Frequent Handies
Nov 26, 2006

:yum:

Violet_Sky posted:

It ends with goatse it's kind of hard to take it seriously

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Like somebody else said in another thread I'm cautiously optimistic for now

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 26, 2020

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
yeah there is a long long list of things that can go wrong with this at basically any point but gently caress it, cling on for now if only to feel the boat rock

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Frequent Handies posted:

It ends with goatse it's kind of hard to take it seriously

It would be hard to take it seriously if it didn’t end with goatse, it’s like the royal seal of the forums

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

corgski posted:

It would be hard to take it seriously if it didn’t end with goatse, it’s like the royal seal of the forums

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I really hope it’s true, I want to stick around with you all nice people :3:

Discord is ok but it’s hard to keep up

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

what if lowtax stiole Jeffrey's skin and wearing it like a suit

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

corgski posted:

And it's been all over the place in the last 48 hours.

Hedrigall posted:

I really hope it’s true, I want to stick around with you all nice people :3:

Discord is ok but it’s hard to keep up

I hope you stick around!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
CannonFodder tells the tales of Gooncamp

Gooncamp 2, Fall 2002: Zach's land

I met Tossed_Salad_Man at the North Wilkesboro K Mart that was going out of business. He was standing in the parking lot with a double bit axe. Good first impressions are key. A few more obvious goons showed up and we convoyed to Zach's land. To access the campsite we had to drive across a cattle field and lock the gate at both sides, so convoys were important. Everyone camped at the top of the hill. Other campers include Zach, Cayton, Straightrazor, Great Gildersneeze, BEXX, Tilala, babyeatingpsychopath, and Gaussian and Isulde. There was a picture of the impromptu shelf of liquor with a generous booze / camper ratio. I had a bottle of sake that I put in a cinderblock around the fire so it could heat up and had a potholder so I didn't burn my hand. Most of Saturday was spent complaining about the heat as there was no shade.

This is the camp where BEXX and babyeatingpsychopath met. They would get married at GoonCon in Vegas. 2k4? 2k5? I dunno.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
There's no way that this, the best possible scenario, is actually going to happen.

But... maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Which was the Gooncamp that had a bunch ABDLs?