Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Yeah, if you don't feel like rewatching the show again, you should still check out the last episode for the extended epilogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I'm glad that I watched the directors cut just so that everything was fresher in my mind before season 2.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Re:Zero S2 information special announced for June 11 (Thursday) at 9pm JST (8am EST):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwNtOFNacAI

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 11, 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I will see you guys here on July 8th!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzOr_5bSdQU

(Yes this is split cour, part 2 of arc 4 airs in January)

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jun 11, 2020

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's so close, just another month. It was a long wait but I'm sure it'll be absolutely worth it, the trailer already hypes me up.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

New Season Visual!

(And yes Bakugou's VA is voicing Garfiel. Now the break makes sense. He had throat surgery this month.)

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
:stoked: for more Crusch Content

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Grouchio posted:

(And yes Bakugou's VA is voicing Garfiel. Now the break makes sense. He had throat surgery this month.)

that's an extremely good reason for a delay on both a compassionate level and in terms of "well yeah, no one else would do"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:siren: Trailer (with SPOILERS) for Season 2. Now with Subtitles! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4ND4gi-CR4

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 11, 2020

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Spoilers!

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Very excited for Emilia But With Fuzzy Eyelashes

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

that's an extremely good reason for a delay on both a compassionate level and in terms of "well yeah, no one else would do"
Dude has been shredding his vocals chords for 15 years with at least one or more "shouty" roles per year. Like I'm honestly surprised he lasted until his mid-30's before he had to undergo surgery.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Somewhere along the way I'd learned some spoilers, so i figured it might not hit me all that hard watching the last director's cut episode.

It...it didn't really help.

Somehow I simultaneously both do and don't wish they had ended the original broadcast with that stinger.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
On a completely different note I found it jarringly funny how the fan translations of the manga kept alternating between calling them Ram and Rem or Lam and Lem.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I mean, unless they're ever explicitly spelled out using the Roman alphabet, translators have to make a best effort guess on these things.

If you spell Rem in katakana, you get レム.

If you spell Lem, you also get レム.

So if you're going the other way, how do you spell レム in English? There's no way to tell.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder if Rem was named after R.E.M sleep because :imunfunny:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Grouchio posted:

I wonder if Rem was named after R.E.M sleep because :imunfunny:

Or she just wants to talk about the passion and give good advices.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
the boring answer is probably romulus and remus

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Zetsubou-san posted:

the boring answer is probably romulus and remus

We already have old man Rom, don't we?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
is that satellla??????!!?! in the s2 promo///.? ( don't tell me i like wildly speculating)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nipponophile posted:

I mean, unless they're ever explicitly spelled out using the Roman alphabet, translators have to make a best effort guess on these things.

If you spell Rem in katakana, you get レム.

If you spell Lem, you also get レム.

So if you're going the other way, how do you spell レム in English? There's no way to tell.

I know, that's why it's funny. It reminds me of a very badly translated article I once read that translated a man named Lockwood as Rockwood despite the latter obviously not being his name.

More importantly, Lem is just a funny name for an anime maid because it conjures up, for me, a backwoods hick sitting on a porch with a bloodhound and a banjo.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 26, 2020

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Toalpaz posted:

is that satellla??????!!?! in the s2 promo///.? ( don't tell me i like wildly speculating)

she says who she is in one of the newer promos

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Season 2 countdown: 7 days

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ram has a PV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94_4zvvXuUM

Season 2 Countdown: 4 days

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAgmGZ9iQ2Y

See you guys in 12 hours.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Kinda tasteless to title the episode "Rem Dead, So What?" IMO

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
WOW................................................... I got negligent in my duties to catching up. Now the eve of the new season is upon us. Well, I know what I'm doing today. Thanks for the heads up Grouchio.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

just got around to watching the directors cut over the past couple days, just in time for the new eps.

I'd forgotten how loving good this show is.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

A nice light hearted episode to start the season.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 9, 2020

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
IT HAS BEGUN

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Rem really is the Aerith of Re:Zero.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Emilia best girl

Found a good reaction on discord nah never mind

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 8, 2020

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

So I assume Subaru remembers the forgotten because he's outside of the normal flow of time?

Why does Puck?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nitrousoxide posted:

So I assume Subaru remembers the forgotten because he's outside of the normal flow of time?

Why does Puck?

I'm guessing it's because Puck's a spirit and therefore the Witch Cult brainfuckery doesn't work on him. If that's the case then the same will be true for Beatrice I suppose.

phbr
Jan 6, 2013

The Vegetable of Doom

Nitrousoxide posted:

Why does Puck?

I haven't read the WN/LB so maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't interpret his statements this episode that way. Puck knows that he has a connection to Rem - probably because Subaru told him offscreen and because she looks similar to Ram - and he knows what the Authority of Gluttony does. But that's also not really surprising because people knew what the power of the White Whale was as well, and there were already implications that it was connected to gluttony in some way.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grouchio posted:

Emilia best girl

Found a good reaction on discord: :siren:

gently caress rem you don't have to do this to me again you bitch why you have to say hero why the gently caress did you have to die again bro i'm gonna cry bro bro gently caress this vore eating rear end bitch what the gently caress's his name gluttony rear end motherfucker vored rem's memories and name and loving itadakimasu itadakimasu my dick dickhead you better get yeeted by subaru bro what the poo poo now subaru's gonna loving kill himself again and then felix is crying as well this is illegal i want off this ride this makes me angry what the gently caress i'm actually shaking and crying rn are you loving serious the save point's from the who's rem part gently caress gently caress gently caress this poo poo what the gently caress man i'm actually angry subaru's hosed now waht the poo poo but we do have sleeping rem tho that's pog you know it's kinda mega cute the gently caress puck you know about goddamn gluttony the gently caress ok wait then how the poo poo does this work why the poo poo does subaru remember rem's name the gently caress is this related to his words oh god don't you loving dare Cruchsh or however you spell her drat name i'm going to loving kill you ok good oh POG WE'RE GETTING MORE FELIX SCREENTIME THIS IS POG BASE EMILIA THE gently caress YOU ARE NOT MAKING THE SITUATION ANY BETTER GODDAMNIT THANK gently caress SUBARU GOOD poo poo FELIX THE gently caress YOU HAVE JUMPED BACK DOWN THE gently caress YOU MEAN DISSOLVE THE ALLIANCE OK I UNDERSTAND SHE GOT HURT BUT THESE FUCKERS OK THANK gently caress OLD MAN oh no felix no you can't bb don't do this you can't help her rn bro i just feel bad the fuckFUCK DONT CRY FELIX DONT YOU loving gently caress NOW I'M DEPRESSED THE gently caress EMILIA ok subaru STOP EYEING THE drat KNIFE IT IS NOT GONNA HELP AIGHT FUCKER THAN DON'T BE LIKE THAT EMILIA IS BEING ACTUAL DEVELOPMENT POG subaru loving say goddammit OH NO SUBARU DON'T YOU CRY BRO THIS IS WHAT THE gently caress HAPPENS WHEN YOU'RE HOLY poo poo EMILLIA POG POG POG BASED HEADPATTING EMILIA

Please don't post like this or share posts like this Grouchio. I understand you are excited, but that's not an excuse to post long unpleasant screeds like that.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Spoilers for stuff you can only see by going frame by frame through episode 1 of season 2.

I'm not crying.

You're crying.

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 8, 2020

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
That was the timeline where it was implied that they hosed off to the other side of the continent to wait out the apocalypse as everyone else would have soon after died once they left right? Followed by a puck rampage etc.

I'm glad at least that the vague apocalypse takes a few decades to spread though. Is it puck? Is it some witch cult thing? Is it just timeline corruptions spreading?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

M_Gargantua posted:

That was the timeline where it was implied that they hosed off to the other side of the continent to wait out the apocalypse as everyone else would have soon after died once they left right? Followed by a puck rampage etc.

I'm glad at least that the vague apocalypse takes a few decades to spread though. Is it puck? Is it some witch cult thing? Is it just timeline corruptions spreading?

Won't go into detail because what would've happened if Emilia had died is explored in this arc, but no, Puck doesn't get to destroy the world (not for lack of trying, though).

Subaru does get to have a nice peaceful life with Rem if he had chosen to run away with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Nitrousoxide posted:

I assumed it was because Satella has graced him with her wondrous and bountiful love, same as the reason he could see Betelgeuse's arms.