Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The possum in jesus WEP's avatar is very clean, I will not stand for this slander!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

NienNunb posted:

There's a world of difference between cautious optimism and calling anyone who doesn't immediately spit on this news a sheep

Also from what I'm gathering it's not that Lowtax is selling the site out of some noble impulse, but he just wants to be rid of it.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's real good that Lowtax decided to do the right thing for once in his miserable life and that we can continue to shitpost about them cool grapsdudes and grapsladies together.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Thank God.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

NienNunb posted:

There's a world of difference between cautious optimism and calling anyone who doesn't immediately spit on this news a sheep
We need to demand radical change and settle for nothing less.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

none of us here know poo poo and the guy doing the transfer is going to be answering questions, whether you trust him or believe anything is up to you -- of course -- but nobody in this thread can assuage your concerns

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I mean, my personal assumption was that Lowtax would just start banning us all out of spite and SA would die, so this has already gone far better than expected. Therefore I'm willing to wait and see how things actually shake out.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm excited to keep posting with all my wrestling friends and I'm gonna do it...

...right here on the Punchsport Pagoda!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:aaa:

THAT'S WHERE WE POST! :woop:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

SA forums pulled off the perfect Terry Funk retirement. I shall be posting here FOREVER.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I hope this all works out for the best :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
But on a serious note I think it's fair to be a skeptical over everything and none of us should operate on complete blind faith. Also I know a lot of people here signed up BnR so for those of you not paying attention to other threads multiple people running the site have been outed as sex predators. One has been banned but the other is in charge of the site. I wanted to make sure people knew and apologise for my sorta recommendation of the site earlier in this thread.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Cerebral Bore posted:

I mean, my personal assumption was that Lowtax would just start banning us all out of spite and SA would die, so this has already gone far better than expected. Therefore I'm willing to wait and see how things actually shake out.
Okay, but why, though? Think of where he is.

You think you've dated several abusive partners in a row. You make your daughter watch horror movies about bad moms because in your mind, the world is biased against fathers. She catches you cheating on your mom and you say, gently caress you, my child. I never want to see you again, because she betrayed you.

You drink and take pills, then ban anybody who talks about the picture of you doing it, because nobody could understand how much pain you're in. It's npt addiction. It's pain.

Now your forum - your baby - your creation has turned against you. Again, life is unfair. These b-words and F-slurs have ruined you.

Do you suddenly understand that you've always been wrong, miraculously, and give the forums away or sell them?

Or do you again lament how nobody understands and life is unfair and pretend your creation has passed to somebody else so you can keep having the only income you've had for twenty years so you can keep taking opiates, drinking, and abusing women?

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Rarity posted:

But on a serious note I think it's fair to be a skeptical over everything and none of us should operate on complete blind faith. Also I know a lot of people here signed up BnR so for those of you not paying attention to other threads multiple people running the site have been outed as sex predators. One has been banned but the other is in charge of the site. I wanted to make sure people knew and apologise for my sorta recommendation of the site earlier in this thread.

I'm not gonna go to bat for anyone here explicitly because I'm not fully in the loop but from what I've been able to gather, the allegations against the second person are pretty unsubstantiated? Like, there's no evidence of anyone actually having come forward about having problems with them, just secondhand information. I'm keeping my eye on it because I don't want to just assume that it's just a closed case from that, though, and I get why there's hesitancy until it's made clear one way or the other what the deal is.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Literally no one is taking this poo poo at face value, chill for now

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Ivypls posted:

I'm not gonna go to bat for anyone here explicitly because I'm not fully in the loop but from what I've been able to gather, the allegations against the second person are pretty unsubstantiated? Like, there's no evidence of anyone actually having come forward about having problems with them, just secondhand information. I'm keeping my eye on it because I don't want to just assume that it's just a closed case from that, though, and I get why there's hesitancy until it's made clear one way or the other what the deal is.

Same. I've seen a lot of blind secondhand insistence over it and denial on BNR's part (which means gently caress and all) and it seems real sketchy??? But also nobody's been able to produce anything so I dunno what the gently caress

I'm just chilling with both for now until this bullshit plays out

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Do you suddenly understand that you've always been wrong, miraculously, and give the forums away or sell them?

Again, why do you assume the only reason he'd sell is "understanding you've been wrong"? Maybe he just wants rid of them, the forums are potentially profitable but not the moneyspinners they once were and it might make more sense (especially if he's going to be facing more financial/legal troubles) to get a solid payout now and not have a potential liability.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

that also assumes a level of obscene complicity and devious planning from the other parties involved. i guess sicker things have happened, but i'm not going to spend my days and nights thinking that's the case right now

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

chaleski posted:

Yeah? Look at the assholes telling me and others that everything's fine.

My whole-rear end rap sheet for years now is me getting in trouble for speaking out about hosed up poo poo. The forums were coming around. Now people are excusing poo poo and trusting too much because it's convenient to believe, which is what's happening everywhere.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i sincerely hope you're not calling me an rear end in a top hat for not feeling as passionate as you about the fact that this is all a massive conspiracy to keep lining lowtax's pockets. or honestly, anyone else in this thread that's replied to you.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

yea ok posted:

i sincerely hope you're not calling me an rear end in a top hat for not feeling as passionate as you about the fact that this is all a massive conspiracy to keep lining lowtax's pockets. or honestly, anyone else in this thread that's replied to you.
I barely even know who you are.

Why are all of you believing this without proof? Why does SA get the benefit of the doubt? Demand proof! Things aren't solved just because we want them to be!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

god you're mean

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Probate me?! I'm already probated!

(Seriously, though. Demand more than vague assurances. Treat SA like we need to treat cops right now.)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

yea ok posted:

god you're mean
That was a cheap shot. I'm sorry.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
there's no proof to demand to see. so far there is a verbal agreement between lowtax and jeffrey of yospos.

like, i dont know what could be provided at this stage that would assuage you or mine or anybody elses concerns. we're all in a wait and see stage.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I barely even know who you are.

Why are all of you believing this without proof? Why does SA get the benefit of the doubt? Demand proof! Things aren't solved just because we want them to be!

chaleski posted:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Calm down, but do keep in mind pen hasn't been put to paper yet.

I trust Jeffrey.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Either things work out and we stay or things don't work out and we walk. And since nobody in the promotion is doing a Nostradamus gimmick we kinda have to wait until we can make an informed decision.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jun 26, 2020

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
And while Jeffery is kind of a dumbass who's made some cartoonishly stupid decisions I don't see what he gets out of conspiring to secretly funnel money to Lowtax either.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Cerebral Bore posted:

Either thigns work out and we stay or things don't work out and we walk. And since nobody in the promotion is doing a Nostradamus gimmick we kinda have to wait until we can make an informed decision.

Well, we had a Nostradamus but he got banned

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Lowtax will pop up in a smaller, much worse forum and act the same but his name will be Rock Smalltariff.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm sayin'. Be suspicious.

We don't know poo poo. My worries aren't less valid than others' hopes just 'cause we all want our community to live.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Hey, fuckers. I want to believe too. Don't accept this just to assuage your guilt. All of us, from admins down, don't know poo poo.

We believe that SA isn't profitable because a serial abuser said so.

We believed he needed money for medical procedures because he said so.

Are we really gonna' believe he'd do a good deed here for our benefit?

I get your frustration and skepticism but to be honest I think we can't do poo poo but wait and see what's going to happen. Phase one is dumping Lowtax, after he's gone I would like to think there will be more transparency. Lowtax has done bad poo poo, but these communities are bigger than him and for better or worse we have to wait and see.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I'm sayin'. Be suspicious.

We don't know poo poo. My worries aren't less valid than others' hopes just 'cause we all want our community to live.

I will say that I have faith that this will work out

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If he doesn't go to jail for domestic abuse, I imagine he'll end up working the MRA/Incel/Rightwing "We're the REAL persecuted ones!" speaking circuit, which I'm guessing must be its own kind of special hell.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

he’s apparently going on a chud podcast this sunday for a feature on the victims* of #BeleiveAllWomen [sic] where im worried he’ll be emboldened to not sell

*- men, obviously

Tweak fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jun 26, 2020

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

He's absolutely pivoting to alt right YouTube poo poo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah the only people who've showed him love for months are the alt-right chuds in his stream chats so he's going to go running to them with open arms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

:perfect: