Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jet Jaguar posted:

Please, science, fix Mike's headaches so he can rest and maybe pick better people to do podcasts with. Bill's podcast was really good, as I recall.

I don't know how Mike lives with a constant migraine at some level. Every time the SF Sketchfest comes on the Twitch channel somebody invariably says they heard Mike has beef with them or whatever and the answer is no, he doesn't go out because flying is like death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/clastowka/status/1273629994116317189

Double post but: I don't know why Conor decided to make a thread about the the main bad guy in UHF acting like Trump but it's pretty funny.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Breadallelogram posted:

It's really wild watching the Audio Mullet and Babylon Bee gang cry over the twitter mob ruining Mike's life. Nobody's really mad at Mike anymore since he apologized, it's YOU everyone dislikes.

Same goes for lots of folks in various Rifftrax fan groups crying about how "cancel culture" has claimed another victim. No one has done poo poo to anyone, all we did was raise concerns that we found out Mike was associating with a garbage person, he acknowledged that criticism and said "yeah you're right, I'm not going to work with that guy anymore, sorry about that". As far as I know the podcast still exists, but a grown adult made a choice to stop participating in it.

It says a lot that there's far more outrage about what seems like a perfectly reasonable exchange of criticism and response to same than there was to the original issue in the first place. People are blowing up about how we're "blaming Mike for comments he didn't even make". No one's blaming him for poo poo! We WOULD be blaming him for continuing to associate with someone like that now that he is well aware of those comments. No one cares about the past, just what he chooses to do in the present based on that information. But it's 2020, so to conservatives any sort of reasonable criticism or expectations of accountability are automatically deemed a witch hunt.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Just FYI this is the reason Bill W. got a credit in early seasons of MST3K.

I went into detox and rehab on March 23, 2009, I am very much a friend of Bill W. :)

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

I don't know how Mike lives with a constant migraine at some level. Every time the SF Sketchfest comes on the Twitch channel somebody invariably says they heard Mike has beef with them or whatever and the answer is no, he doesn't go out because flying is like death.

That's why they changed their Live show schedule last year.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
and it was a very cheery exchange
"look what mike is doing!"
"mike this isn't ok!"
"ok, i'll try better!"
"CANCEL CULTURE GONE MAD!!!"

they boycott stuff all the drat time, they're just jealous we got a cooler name

it sucks but people got to realize it's no longer acceptable to sit on the sidelines for anyone, people are dying, it's time to pick a side

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Like there's valid reasons to dislike "cancel culture" (inasmuch as it's even a thing, which it really isn't), but this situation is 100% not an example of it. Mike apologized instead of doubling down so the whole issue is resolved, cancellation not required or even suggested.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/clastowka/status/1273974170397945856

The fallout has been immediate and harsh.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Watching Death Promise and it is like if Guy From Harlem and Miami Connection had a kid. How have I missed this one until now?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
that’s a promise~

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jet Jaguar posted:

Watching Death Promise and it is like if Guy From Harlem and Miami Connection had a kid. How have I missed this one until now?

I re-watched Guy (who is from Harlem) the other day and I still love how annoyed Kevin gets at how the guy (again, from Harlem) orders his New York Strip and Scotch.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Jet Jaguar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6OoZNdAQuA

If you haven't seen it, Samurai Cop is also excellent trash from this genre. I've seen it riffed and unriffed and enjoyed both.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Another Bill posted:

If you haven't seen it, Samurai Cop is also excellent trash from this genre. I've seen it riffed and unriffed and enjoyed both.

Samurai Cop has the funniest editing I've ever seen.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I watched Omega Cop over the weekend and something that bothered me from the movie is how the lead looked like a buff Ben Mendelsohn. Also the movie spent what little budget they had on Adam West but they couldn't pay him enough to actually act like he cared what was happening.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Dawgstar posted:

I re-watched Guy (who is from Harlem) the other day and I still love how annoyed Kevin gets at how the guy (again, from Harlem) orders his New York Strip and Scotch.

Love that bit. And that guy is THE HELL from Harlem.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Cheese puffs.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Jet Jaguar posted:

I don't know if there's a word for this, but I keep having this irrational fear that I'll wake up in a dirty, dingy, grimy, dimly lit late 70s-early 80s world. Like this movie, or the Three's Company set or something. Like the opposite of what Wolverine experiences when he wakes up in the 70s in Days of Future Past.

Also I love how the main bad guy has a cat-stroking boss over him, and their main plan consists of releasing a box of rats.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

AvesPKS posted:

Also I love how the main bad guy has a cat-stroking boss over him, and their main plan consists of releasing a box of rats.

The villains are a council of greedy landlords, each from a different ethnic group/archtype, trying to drive out the tenants so they can gentrify.

And the good guys use kung fu to stop them. It's a perfect movie.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
My cheese puffs!

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

muscles like this! posted:

I watched Omega Cop over the weekend and something that bothered me from the movie is how the lead looked like a buff Ben Mendelsohn. Also the movie spent what little budget they had on Adam West but they couldn't pay him enough to actually act like he cared what was happening.

I was going to make a David Carradine joke (hopefully featuring rope) but then I realized I mixed this up with Karate Cop.

I think my favorite riff might be Galaxy Invader. Though I think the first say third of Rock 'n Roll Nightmare is as good as anything they've done, to me. The van-driving sequence is so funny I must've rewound it like 5 times the first time I saw it, and the one joke M: "I guess this is going to be one of those movies with no people in it?". K: "There was that family". M: "But they died" gets me every time.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Does anybody plan to hang out at the CineD Discord or even the official RT Discord until what's what is figured out?

Also Trucker's Woman is very funny.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Well, guess I won't be watching the Trolls 2 rifftrax again

Dawgstar posted:

Does anybody plan to hang out at the CineD Discord or even the official RT Discord until what's what is figured out?
Would like an answer as well.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

World Famous W posted:

Well, guess I won't be watching the Trolls 2 rifftrax again

Why not? I've been thinking of watching it since Troll 2 is one of those movies everyone's heard of 'cuz it's so bad but I never bothered actually watching it beyond That Scene.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

Why not? I've been thinking of watching it since Troll 2 is one of those movies everyone's heard of 'cuz it's so bad but I never bothered actually watching it beyond That Scene.

Because Lowtax is one of the riffers and he has been outed as a serial abuser. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Breadallelogram posted:

Because Lowtax is one of the riffers and he has been outed as a serial abuser. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

Wow, I know about the Lowtax poo poo but I had no idea he was in a riff. I kinda forget SA is a pretty big deal, or at least used to be.

Thanks for the info.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, some of Shmorky's cartoons even showed up during the first live show.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I make appearances in the RiffTrax Discord from time to time.

Also, I don't remember if I ever posted this in the thread and who knows how long anything will be around so I'm posting it now, but I'm part of a podcast about RiffTrax called True Blue RiffCast. We've been going for just over a year now. you can find it on every major platform, or you can check out https://www.trueblueriffcast.com.

Also, I've been talking to one of my contacts at RiffTrax and Troll 2 has been removed.

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 25, 2020

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

IUG posted:

Yeah, some of Shmorky's cartoons even showed up during the first live show.

were these the one's voiced by Rich's daughter?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Canned Panda posted:

Also, I've been talking to one of my contacts at RiffTrax and Troll 2 has been removed.

Not much of a loss, Lowtax's delivery loving sucked. Maybe they can redo it with Bill and Kevin in his place.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Canned Panda posted:

Nice. I thought about tweeting something at them but I have an entry in 'Who's Nobody' and figured there were probably more influential people who would tell them.

Happily this will also cut down on the people who come into the Twitch chat and like making fun of Troll 2 and also hate RiffTrax for whatever reason.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Breadallelogram posted:

In retrospect, that makes Uwe Boll a good guy for beating the poo poo out of him.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I watched some of the old live shows recently and it’s really surreal to see him on stage and to have them play his shorts. A different era.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Canned Panda posted:

I'm impressed at how Rifftrax always ends up taking the right side. Even when they start in the wrong, they refuse to double down.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Cemetry Gator posted:

I'm impressed at how Rifftrax always ends up taking the right side. Even when they start in the wrong, they refuse to double down.

Weak Rifftrax crumbles to sjw soy boy oppression at the drop of a pussy hat!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cemetry Gator posted:

Does a pretty good job of showing that even when they get stuff wrong they're well meaning.

tankadillo posted:

I watched some of the old live shows recently and it’s really surreal to see him on stage and to have them play his shorts. A different era.

The early live shows were definitely supposed to be more event like and have other people involved.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
New riff called Stitches

quote:

Satan walks among us and he’s a… sassy grandma??

When a mysterious old lady shows up at a quiet boarding house, many of us consider putting on something more exciting, like one of those YouTube videos where a creepy unseen adult unwraps a Kinder Surprise egg. But stick around! Because every guest has their own dark secret and Beelzebub’s going to punish them the only way she knows how: by turning them into paper dolls. Evidently this is what went on in the tenth circle of hell that Dante never got around to writing about.

All this takes place in the late 90s, or perhaps the Revolutionary War. We’ve seen it a dozen times and we’re still unclear. Please join Mike, Kevin, and Bill for Stitches!

Written by: Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett, Conor Lastowka and Sean Thomason

Contributing writers: Jason Miller and Zachary Shatzer

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Weak Rifftrax crumbles to sjw soy boy oppression at the drop of a pussy hat!

I remember people complaining about their Gamergate jokes. That was pretty great. My favorite's in The Wizard, where they call Lucas Gamergate patient zero.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Been watching This is Hormal and please rename me to "Plump Red Idaho Beans".

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Been watching This is Hormal and please rename me to "Plump Red Idaho Beans".

Not “freely swinging wieners”??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Another Bill posted:

You can also get Samurai Cop with Joe Bob Briggs' commentary and his commentary is hilarious because he's having so much fun watching the movie again.