Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Give the belt to Fallah Bahh, the only one who was revealed during Speaking Out to be a pretty good guy who tried to shout down the ugly stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats to Ace Austin, Eddie Edwards or Trey Miguel, the next world champ by default considering everyone else in the match is gone now

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

This is a silly question to ask but....what's Tessa's problem that she can't cut a promo when asked by the company or to come back and relinquish the title?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/Tess_Blanchard/status/1217994209006882816

Tessa has not used her platform to fight racism at all since she tweeted this.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Chris James 2 posted:

Congrats to Ace Austin, Eddie Edwards or Trey Miguel, the next world champ by default considering everyone else in the match is gone now

I misread the first name as Austin Aeris somehow and briefly wondered if this was an It Follows situation where the title goes back to haunt its previous holders once its curse eliminated the current one.

They could have a match about passing on the curse, like a reverse championship.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1276369060415053824

TV Zombie posted:

This is a silly question to ask but....what's Tessa's problem that she can't cut a promo when asked by the company or to come back and relinquish the title?

She didn't physically show up to tapings due to not wanting to travel during corona, which is understandable

She didn't want to do video promos that she'd email to the company to use during tapings because the assumption is she didn't care enough to do actual work while staying home, which...is behavior that honestly tracks with everything else that's come about her during the indies (to the point even WWE decided against signing her when she was available)

If Tully wasn't in a company currently I'd say she's staying in Mexico long-term. I 100000% don't think AEW should sign her, I definitely don't think they benefit at all from getting her, and signing a racist at this time is a real Real bad look for all their talk about being better at handling that kind of stuff; that said, it realistically would be her only option left in America. If you're wondering what burning your bridges everywhere here looks like, ask Del Rio and Aries how they're doing right now

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Ring of Honor still employs Marty Scurll. You don't think they'd pass up the opportunity to add Tessa to the Women of Honor roster?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pinche Rudo posted:

Ring of Honor still employs Marty Scurll. You don't think they'd pass up the opportunity to add Tessa to the Women of Honor roster?

She was available the same time they signed him

Everyone in the US that wasn't AEW (because they didn't exist) has already had at least one chance to get her and deliberately passed on it. Rumors for a long time particularly in WWE were that was for good reason due to her behavior including bullying talent

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

TV Zombie posted:

What's Tessa's problem that she can't cut a promo when asked by the company or to come back and relinquish the title?

Her (young) career is a highlight reel of shooting herself in the foot. She's demonstrated appalling character and poor decision making consistently. I dunno what she said to Impact management in order to keep her championship campaign on track - a belt that changed hands, what, 2 days after she was called out as a racist bully? Hard to think that would fly not even a year later.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

She didn't want to do video promos that she'd email to the company to use during tapings because the assumption is she didn't care enough to do actual work while staying home, which...is behavior that honestly tracks with everything else that's come about her during the indies (to the point even WWE decided against signing her when she was available)

I feel like someone was saying, either here or elsewhere, that she was looking for a guarantee that she'd be paid for those video promos but never received it. Which also tracks with TNA/Anthem.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/1276346821187710978

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Tessa is right to ask for payment for shooting promos while she's in quarantine, but I'm still laughing that Tessa got fired because she wouldn't even take an hour at best to shoot some pre-taped promos for Impact while their world champion and after they defended her for her racism

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

Tessa is right to ask for payment for shooting promos while she's in quarantine, but I'm still laughing that Tessa got fired because she wouldn't even take an hour at best to shoot some pre-taped promos for Impact while their world champion and after they defended her for her racism

the whole thing is extremely TNA and it just makes it all the funnier

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Tessa and Impact are both awful, and I feel bad for neither. That being said, didn't everything about Tessa come out right before she won the belt? They could have just not given her the belt in response and none of this would be happening.

Given Impact's history, I wouldn't do anything for them for free. If they want promos from someone whose contract is up soon and can't be there in person, they should be willing to pay.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

syzpid posted:

Tessa and Impact are both awful, and I feel bad for neither. That being said, didn't everything about Tessa come out right before she won the belt? They could have just not given her the belt in response and none of this would be happening.

Given Impact's history, I wouldn't do anything for them for free. If they want promos from someone whose contract is up soon and can't be there in person, they should be willing to pay.

Literally the day before IIRC but they had done a fuckton of press about it and TNA gonna TNA and they instead sent other wrestlers on their roster to really around Tessa.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Her ability to burn bridges at multiple wrestling companies is impressive. She's a Blanchard for sure.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

With all of TNA's issues, how many champs have been fired at the end of or during their reigns?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tato posted:

Her ability to burn bridges at multiple wrestling companies is impressive. She's a Blanchard for sure.

Being unprofessional to Nick Gage is definitely something

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1276372506002112512

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Maigius posted:

With all of TNA's issues, how many champs have been fired at the end of or during their reigns?

They have an amazing tradition of hotshotting the belt around, so the list is probably pretty huge of who had it then left.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

MLW is sort of the last resort for locker room cancers but they don't really have a women's division do they? I guess if your thing is you let the worst kind of people work for you, you could build a women's division around Tessa.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

I feel like someone was saying, either here or elsewhere, that she was looking for a guarantee that she'd be paid for those video promos but never received it. Which also tracks with TNA/Anthem.

I was spitballing that maybe her contract covered dates for tapings but not any extra stuff like promos/interviews etc from home

but I'm just a random internet person and the furthest thing in the world from a scoopsguy

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Hellblazer187 posted:

MLW is sort of the last resort for locker room cancers but they don't really have a women's division do they? I guess if your thing is you let the worst kind of people work for you, you could build a women's division around Tessa.

So ivelisse and sexy star could also be in that division. Since the promos are being asked of her before her contract expires, im guessing she has been paid since her contract should cover that?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/137477/impact-wrestling-removing-michael-elgin-from-all-future-programming.html?p=1

Elgin is being removed from all future programming.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Maigius posted:

https://twitter.com/trevordame/status/1276346386854756352?s=21

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I completely missed/forgot that they put the world title on Pentagon.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think it was a really short reign. Like from my memory they did an Impact vs Lucha Underground show and did Aries/Pentagon/Fenix and it tore the roof off. Then they had Aries vs Alberto scheduled but Alberto did one of his things and was fired and they replaced him with a rematch of the 3 way which Pentagon won. But then I think he dropped the belt back to Aries a few weeks later as he and Fenix weren't really full time members of the roster yet. I think.

It was one of those "Wait, who won the belt? That's interesting! Oh, its over now" things.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

He had the belt for 2 days.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, I don't remember if he was even signed to a per-appearance thing, that was before they really did Per Appearance deals regularly

I'm not sure about if Tessa's deal was that either, at the time she'd signed I only heard it was ~2 years (she signed near summer 2018), so idk if the video promos thing were to count as an appearance or if she was already being paid anyway and just literally didn't want to do work while at home

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sami and Elgin fought at a recent taping

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1276546406166208512

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cancel Culture

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, I don't remember if he was even signed to a per-appearance thing, that was before they really did Per Appearance deals regularly

I'm not sure about if Tessa's deal was that either, at the time she'd signed I only heard it was ~2 years (she signed near summer 2018), so idk if the video promos thing were to count as an appearance or if she was already being paid anyway and just literally didn't want to do work while at home

The impression I'm kind of getting is that her contract was up at the end of the month and Impact wanted her to drop the belt either in a match or a video thing because I guess a new deal wasn't happening, but she didn't want to so here we are. I have no evidence of that, it just seems like a plausible scenario to me.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

You guys wanna buy a shirt?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Elgin issued a "statement" https://www.instagram.com/p/CB6CuVeAtbz/?hl=en

He's gone

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm suddenly more interested in TNA.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Chris James 2 posted:

Not expecting much because it's wrestling and specifically TNA after all

Expecting Dave Crist fired
Would be happy with Elgin and Joey Ryan gone too
Would be ecstatic if they did all of the above and also took the timing (this, the ongoing BLM protests, and her being stuck in another country due to coronavirus) to finally strip Tessa of the title

CJ2 had the scoops.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its a weird hosed up world when TNA is the one doing all the things you'd hope they'd do in the middle of an industry wide scandal.

2020, man.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/TWMWrestle/status/1274036018895822850

Not expecting much because it's wrestling and specifically TNA after all

Expecting Dave Crist fired
Would be happy with Elgin and Joey Ryan gone too
Would be ecstatic if they did all of the above and also took the timing (this, the ongoing BLM protests, and her being stuck in another country due to coronavirus) to finally strip Tessa of the title

:stare:

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 26, 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They just loving covered up sexual harassment and aren't doing anything about the abusers they'd already hired who we already knew about so let's not pretend they are doing anything good here. There is also speculation they are doing this more to clear up some money so they can hire more of the wrestlers WWE released.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think its pretty clear we're being tongue in cheek about how hosed up the wider situation is. No one's really giving TNA credit for doing the bare minimum and removing repeat offenders finally.

Besides, they still employ Sami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

J-Ro posted:

You guys wanna buy a shirt?

Link please.

NM : Found and purchased! This is perfect.