Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

To me it comes across less as puzzles and more as the equivalent to audio logs in cyberpunk 2077.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

It's just a detective minigame like in Arkham. Those are fine in moderation.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Have the Batman games aged okay? I never played them and have thought of picking them up.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Bicyclops posted:

Have the Batman games aged okay? I never played them and have thought of picking them up.

I think Asylum does not hold up particularly well, but City's still pretty strong. Knight is what it is.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

You're probably going to be pretty bored with the combat. Combat's one of those things that just keep improving, especially because of Dark Souls' growing popularity, so less-than-perfect melee combat might feel a little clunky.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea that's a good way to put it - moderation / amount of time between them will probably determine how much I like it or not.

I replayed Mankind Divided this past weekend, and played (but didn't beat) Prey recently enough. I looked at Cloudpunk but the third person / fixed cameras turned me off. Any suggestions of what else I could play? I do have Metro Exodus, but tbh something about male Russian accents kinda bother me so I didn't get far at all.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I'd say Asylum holds up better than City/Origins, it's a tighter packed experience.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Thanks, maybe I'll try it. Don't want to derail too much by asking for more details, just wanted a few quick opinions. I read about 10 years worth of Batman comics recently, it seems like maybe I should try the video game.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

ufarn posted:

You're probably going to be pretty bored with the combat. Combat's one of those things that just keep improving, especially because of Dark Souls' growing popularity, so less-than-perfect melee combat might feel a little clunky.

Batman is a rhythm game with gadgets as much as a combat game. It's never been about advanced mechanics.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

ufarn posted:

It also doesn't help that a bunch of other games poorly ripped off the batman combat and ran it into the ground. I'd still say they are worth playing, aside from Origins. The combat in Origins feels buggy, and the story is kind of lame.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

ymgve posted:

I'd say Asylum holds up better than City/Origins, it's a tighter packed experience.

Yeah I'm gonna echo this one. Asylum is, if anything, the game that has aged the best because of how focused it is.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Bicyclops posted:

Thanks, maybe I'll try it. Don't want to derail too much by asking for more details, just wanted a few quick opinions. I read about 10 years worth of Batman comics recently, it seems like maybe I should try the video game.

If you haven't played any of them, loving go for it, Asylum's great fun the first time around.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
City and Knight ditched everything that made Asylum special and good, IMO, and Asylum is simply structured better as a game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Thanks, all. I'll pick up Asylum, I think. Maybe it will get me back to my quest to read all the comics between 1987 and 2011, I hit a stop in 2000.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
I'm going to go against the grain and say if you only play one Batman game, make it Arkham Knight.

I recently replayed all 3 (origins doesn't count) and Asylum just hasn't aged well at all. Knight just feels so much more polished in every way.

Before replaying them I thought Asylum would be my favourite as that's what my nostalgia was telling me but wow was I wrong. It felt like a beta compared to the other two.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I feel like the real important question are going unanswered, such as can we go all denim? Mullets when?

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Back Hack posted:

I feel like the real important question are going unanswered, such as can we go all denim? Mullets when?

That's the Canadian localization

(Don't @ me making fun of a functioning democracy in a fake futuristic dystopia is all I have left in our bullshit current dystopia :negative:)

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Twobirds posted:

People who don't usually see themselves represented in media, probably.

I am a weirdo that makes a character thats like me but then I'm black I guess white people think differently :frog:

If they gently caress the creator up so that black people just look like a white dude coloured black I will just make a fem shep V though

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Back Hack posted:

Make sure you pick this up on PC. Hopefully the canadian tuxedo mods are finished ASAP.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
god i hope this game is moddable but based on the witcher i doubt it

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

god i hope this game is moddable but based on the witcher i doubt it

I think there are going to be a lot more people playing it than the Witcher to start with, which attracts more modders and also the Witcher 3 is faily moddable these days.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

You know what I miss? I miss that Blockbuster Video used to rent out consoles. I played a couple of SNES RPGs that I wanted that way.

As it is, I'm faced with either buying a cheap PS4 once the PS5 hits and probably playing CP2077 with inferior graphics and/or gameplay, buying a PS5 for a lot more money to get the better game experience, or completely replacing my lovely laptop for even more money than that to get the best possible experience because it will almost certainly include mods over the long haul that will extend the game's playable lifespan. None of which I can possibly afford for the foreseeable future given the current circumstances, except maybe a PS4 off eBay come December. :sigh:

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
this game is going to make me buy an rtx card

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

jng2058 posted:

You know what I miss? I miss that Blockbuster Video used to rent out consoles. I played a couple of SNES RPGs that I wanted that way.

As it is, I'm faced with either buying a cheap PS4 once the PS5 hits and probably playing CP2077 with inferior graphics and/or gameplay, buying a PS5 for a lot more money to get the better game experience, or completely replacing my lovely laptop for even more money than that to get the best possible experience because it will almost certainly include mods over the long haul that will extend the game's playable lifespan. None of which I can possibly afford for the foreseeable future given the current circumstances, except maybe a PS4 off eBay come December. :sigh:

you could play it on stadi...hahahaha no i cant finish it

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

TescoBag posted:

I think there are going to be a lot more people playing it than the Witcher to start with, which attracts more modders and also the Witcher 3 is faily moddable these days.

I went to take a look and there are 3578 Witcher 3 mods on the Nexus.

It's not the 57724 for vanilla Skyrim (not special edition), but it's something.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

marshmallow creep posted:

I went to take a look and there are 3578 Witcher 3 mods on the Nexus.

It's not the 57724 for vanilla Skyrim (not special edition), but it's something.

yeah, but those aren't content mods. Its all nude mods, gameplay tweaks, UI changes, texture mods, and nude mods,

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

the graphics in this game will date quickly but the gameplay should let it linger awhile

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

I'm quite excited about the Tacoma minigame. Looks like a great way to pick up lots of incidental details about the world.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

It already feels a little dated. Got a good laugh when I saw the player decapitate someone with their mantis blades and the perfect plastic Barbie doll head spun around on the ground.

But ultimately art direction and style counts for a lot more than the raw graphical output and the game seems pretty visually cohesive from what we've been shown.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I love how the fog looks down the road. between the buildings and ramp. reminds me of blade runner 2049

edit: also I gotta say the more I see of this game the more I hate how loving blurry the sides of the screen looks. post-process AA is a cancer and apparently its made worse by chromatic aberration

Qmass fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 26, 2020

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The only game I ever made a character who looked like me in was Uru: Ages of Myst, because it was just that kind of game. I just might try to create cyberpunk me for Cyberpunk 2077, though. I'll have to settle for whatever the max limit is on Cool and for whatever their largest penis size is, of course, but maybe it won't ruin my immersion.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Wicked Them Beats posted:

It already feels a little dated. Got a good laugh when I saw the player decapitate someone with their mantis blades and the perfect plastic Barbie doll head spun around on the ground.

But ultimately art direction and style counts for a lot more than the raw graphical output and the game seems pretty visually cohesive from what we've been shown.

Someone will definately make a realistic gore type mod for this game who knows maybe that is one of the things they are polishing

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

tuo posted:

I think motion blur is the first thing I always disable in games (if possible). I haven't seen a single game where I had the feeling that it adds anything to the presentation. Also makes me head hurt.

Turning off world motion blur, but keeping per-object motion blur, or weapon motion blur for FPS titles (call of duty modern warfare has this option, to only enable motion blur for your gun) is the best option, and the game can turn them all on for cutscenes.

it's really the implementation

edit: poo poo, this was from like 5 pages ago. trailer looked good will definitely buy this cybergame.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Qmass posted:

I love how the fog looks down the road. between the buildings and ramp. reminds me of blade runner 2049

edit: also I gotta say the more I see of this game the more I hate how loving blurry the sides of the screen looks. post-process AA is a cancer and apparently its made worse by chromatic aberration

I doubt the blurring is representative of how the game looks when played, it's probably only in the promo shots for effect.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Personally thought the head popping off and spinning like a top was hilarious. If I wanted a game with realistic gore, I'd buy Misery Simulator Part 2.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

1stGear posted:

Personally thought the head popping off and spinning like a top was hilarious. If I wanted a game with realistic gore, I'd buy Misery Simulator Part 2.

this. i am fine with stupid over the top but vaguely "realistic" gore. everything in the game screams 80s already.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

1stGear posted:

Yeah it's fine. It just really popped out at me after playing tlou2.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

FemmeV is really the better choice. Her VA is top-notch!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

hell no i can't talk about it, maybe in like 15 years (i'll be dead and it will come out in my posthumorous memoirs)
i made them funny for you, you're welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Comte, at least tell us if you were able to get a whale into this game.