Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that's a bit of a leap

e: unless you refer to the media-driven reaction, in which case, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

I don't think people have a goddamn clue how much their spit gets over everything. More than once today I witnessed people coughing into their hands and then immediately touching money or parcels they are handing me. I didn't say anything because I'm just sitting there with my eye twitching. Then there was the guy who talked to me a bit while holding papers which he then slid over to me (through the gap under the barrier which thank gently caress it was there) and its got spit droplets all over it.

Before the lockdown I had one man land spit on my face, by the corner of my eye. somehow managed to miss my glasses and got me directly. I don't know why I didn't loving scream but I wanted to

please wear masks. Always. Forever.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kecske posted:

I absolutely cannot wait to move out somewhere with a garage so I can keep a bike or two and go play weekend warrior on the trails somewhere

absolutely the same, except my double garage will have a fast-charging points ( never gonna use, but it would be nice to have)

I will have an Lotus Evora in there, and that renault alpine that izs loving fast.

Not the Messiah
Jan 7, 2018
Buglord

Steakandchips posted:

3 dead, 6 in hospital in glasgow, and the sodding internet is wall-to-wall "told you, it was immigrants, send those asylum seekers back" without realising it's probably the asylum seekers themselves that were injured / killed.

yeah I was in my office near george square when it happened. went out to pick up a bagel, got back and then my phone blew up with people asking if I was alive and unstabbed

:(

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer

Natalie Fartman posted:

Before the lockdown I had one man land spit on my face, by the corner of my eye. somehow managed to miss my glasses and got me directly. I don't know why I didn't loving scream but I wanted to

please wear masks. Always. Forever.

Like spit on your face deliberately, or while talking?

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crispix posted:

What's their motivation for buying you an e-bike?

not sure tbh. think they're ttired of driving me about.

My da just introduceed me to it in a 'wi8erd'way

he was like 'this is the bike we're thinking of buying you and I'm like 'ok'

I think looking at the situation, my parents drive me around alot. With covid they havent had to drive me round nearly so much.

Biking sounds/seems like it will be loving hard, but I would rater that ten my parents have to be taxi drivers

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Cyril Sneeer posted:

In bike-chat, my parents are threatening to buy me an e-bike, are these good/ok?

only asking cause they seem to cost a gently caress-load and if they buy it for me I will have to use it.

And you physically handicapped or old? Do you live in a mountainous region?

If not, e-bikes are kinda embarrassing imo, and as stated, very knickable compared to a normal bike.

If you’re planning some 10+ mile hilly routes in nice clothes, they make more sense. But cars can be had for the cost of an eBike.

Same, but for a normal bike. That I don’t want to have stolen.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wooger posted:

If you’re planning some 10+ mile hilly routes in nice clothes, they make more sense. But cars can be had for the cost of an eBike.

Same, but for a normal bike. That I don’t want to have stolen.

This is it for me. I could buy a citroen saxo vts, or gently caress it even a C2 vts. For the money you spent on e-bikes, they don't seem like value for money :/

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

this country has been poo poo for years, since the leighties when i came along

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Every time I've been over anything larger than a kerb on a bike I've completely eaten poo poo and crashed. I like cycling just fine, but I'm pretty sure any kind of actual trail is going to kill me.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ratjaculation posted:

this country has been poo poo for years, since the leighties when i came along

ratty you are a net-positive to the world., like if there was some global output of positiveness, it would have taken an uptick on your birthday.
Peace out-rock on.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Cyril Sneeer posted:

This is it for me. I could buy a citroen saxo vts, or gently caress it even a C2 vts. For the money you spent on e-bikes, they don't seem like value for money :/

but you don't have to insure or tax a ebike and you can't get tickets. also if you have a good illegal one you can go 30-40mph.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Drops I can do, wallrides etc. I just dead sailor over gaps for some reason :negative:

I need to get some intensive training in at a jump spot!

all the local training stuff in my area is stupid money for like an hour session. like £100. i'm okay on a bike but i can't really jump very high and i've never been able to do a good american bunny hop.

i don't have anywhere to practice in this town and my trail bike is at my mums house. life sucks.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

guys and gals and nonbinary pals, it's jackbox in 50 minutes

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Fanboys, ruining gaming since the 1980's

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

guys and gals and nonbinary pals, it's jackbox in 50 minutes

Always up for some Jackbox! How do you guys run it? Host on Twitch?
Only ever done it local.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

through discord. 30min invite link is here

https://discord.gg/pEeKNN

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

sounds powerful

what do i need to do/buy/ install & where should i go?

e: oh

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
It hit 30 degrees here today and already I want it to be winter

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

VileLL posted:

sounds powerful

what do i need to do/buy/ install & where should i go?

e: oh

Discord and a phone

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

goldenninjawarrior posted:

Like spit on your face deliberately, or while talking?

oh, while talking. If it were deliberate you bet I would have called the police.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

wooger posted:

And you physically handicapped or old? Do you live in a mountainous region?

If not, e-bikes are kinda embarrassing imo, and as stated, very knickable compared to a normal bike.

I used to have that opinion but now I see that anything that gets someone out on a bike is a good thing. I see them as an extension tool for rides, yeah you could ride a 'normal' bike 25 miles across town but you'd probably be fairly hosed from it if you're not somewhat used to it AND THAT ISN'T FUN FOR MOST PEOPLE. If you have an electric bike doing half the work for you it suddenly becomes easier and then you can push for more distance and only have done the work of half of it... The downside is cost and weight. The weight is negated by the motor so your only downside is cost. All bikes are stealable, thieves will take whatever they can, you just make a point of never leaving it anywhere it could go walkies. You can guard against opportunists in many ways, parking next to a nicer bike, having a second lock, taking your bike into places... Thing is, if someone wants it, they can get it, you just don't take chances so they can.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 26, 2020

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

e:

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 26, 2020

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

no where else id rather be

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

holey moley

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can see youu, ginger hair shining in the sun.

Yopu've got your hair pulled back, n wayfairers on.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
plsd dont probe me jose, but I am pretty drunk rn

I wonder if that is why njan99 doesnt post in this thread anymore, because he is afraid of your mod-powers.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

I thought n99 got rona'd

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

how come homer is such a cultural icon for the jack box art attack

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I forgot n99 existed

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

he's on a season break atm, trailer for s4 looks wild

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Cyril Sneeer posted:

I can see youu, ginger hair shining in the sun.

Yopu've got your hair pulled back, n wayfairers on.
dont doxx me

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

think i might give todays run a miss still feeling it a little in my achilles i think? i can't really tell but that seems good enough not to run today to me so i can definitely recover

edit; just checked c25k week 6 and its not all long runs maybe i will go for one

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

If you can do day 1 of week 6 you're pretty much set. Its just a token walk really and I think you'll be surprised how the switch to a long run at the end of the week isn't so bad

Which voice do you use?

e: actually I've just realised if you're on this week you've already done the 20 min run so this one will seem super easy

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jun 27, 2020

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose posted:

think i might give todays run a miss still feeling it a little in my achilles i think? i can't really tell but that seems good enough not to run today to me so i can definitely recover

edit; just checked c25k week 6 and its not all long runs maybe i will go for one

nah./ you will feel bad if you don't go. You will feel bad if you dont get out there.

Get out there and run.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

been using jo whileys voice. going to give it a miss though because yeah i'm feeling pain that isn't jsut generic stiffness

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Genuinely concerning reading the latest Lowtax poo poo

He is continuously bringing up this poor woman's trauma in a smuggish way to clearly to manipulate and torture her, oh and he is proud he has never been convicted of assaulting people.

I can't partake in a community he is still a part of.

Hopefully see you all again in better days

Jose, please permaban me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ratjaculation fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jun 27, 2020

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i mean he does realise that the poison internet mob is the one he spent years coddling by giving them their own space to be an amoral trash fire right

'hmm, hanging out in the face eating tiger enclosure all day i never expected them to eat my face'

Keelbone
Sep 3, 2011

beyond the sunset leads my way

He's such a piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When i was younger, a young goon, 20 years ago. i thought being a goon was ok.

Now i am older and have seen lowtax for what he is, i dotn want to be a goon anymore.

idk where i belong anymore.