Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Kirkland socks are a good deal. I only stopped buying them because I needed stronger socks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

fordham posted:

They definitely have a much better clothing selection on the website, and the prices are pretty close to the same, and you can return them to the store. I order a whole bunch of shirts and return the ones I don't like/don't fit to the store. I wear a small dress shirt because for some reason mediums require you to weigh at least 250lbs now, and they don't usally carry them at all in the stores.

Apparently sizes just keep getting bigger to make people feel better but yet I feel like a chump going from medium to small, as I have stayed the same size.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The puma socks are my jam.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I didn't even know kirkland shoes existed. I guess I never go into the clothing section though.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I didn't even know kirkland shoes existed. I guess I never go into the clothing section though.

I either haven't seen them in a long time, or have completely tuned them out. They were really bad. Maybe the worst shoes I've ever owned, and easily the ugliest. Honestly, I've purchased shoes numerous times at Costco before and most have been pretty bad. Once I started running I just wore my retired running shoes and they're way more comfortable and were similar prices new to some of the Costco shoes (Saucony Cohesion, ~$35/pr).

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i wish kirkland made....idk jerky? That poo poo's expensive

hypotehtical q: can one sign up for their free backpack using fake info? I did this in college to get a box of dominos

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Alan Smithee posted:

hypotehtical q: can one sign up for their free backpack using fake info? I did this in college to get a box of dominos

I am pretty sure they do make jerky, some kind of steak jerky that is awesome.

E: these ones https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-premium-extra-thick-steak-strips%2c-12-oz.product.100333696.html

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

priznat posted:

E: these ones https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-premium-extra-thick-steak-strips%2c-12-oz.product.100333696.html

They make a turkey jerky that is also fantastic.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Alan Smithee posted:

What is this free backpack?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
could be localized

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In the unlikely event that someone has missed it. Lowtax has come out against Costco, strongly in favor of Sam's Club. (actually he's an abusive rear end in a top hat still but I thought I'd make it on brand for the thread.)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Manuel Calavera posted:

In the unlikely event that someone has missed it. Lowtax has come out against Costco, strongly in favor of Sam's Club. (actually he's an abusive rear end in a top hat still but I thought I'd make it on brand for the thread.)

Worse than abuse... shameful

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

could be localized

I'm in Detroit and the Costcos here are doing it, I'm pretty sure it's not region specific. Also, if you already have the visa card and are signed up for auto renewal, you can't get the backpack. I was bummed when they denied me the backpack since I had gotten the card already and I am not eligible for auto renewal.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I got a backpack a few years ago, I don't know where it is, probably a closet somewhere.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Does Kirkland make forums software with bundled hosting deals?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I have the card and my membership is on auto renewal, where's my backpack Costco

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Someone make a Discord for the Costco thread.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I have the card and my membership is on auto renewal, where's my backpack Costco

Same. :colbert:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Costco has a cool warranty/cashback calculator if your planning on making any major computer or applicance purchases, or anything else that has the Costco 2yr warranty
https://www.costco.com/warranty-calculator.html

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

FCKGW posted:

Costco has a cool warranty/cashback calculator if your planning on making any major computer or applicance purchases, or anything else that has the Costco 2yr warranty
https://www.costco.com/warranty-calculator.html

free delivery/haulaway is a good deal and don't forget to factor that into your math too, it can easily a hundred or two hundred bucks to get something big like a fridge delivered and the old one drained and hauled away, if the place you're buying it from doesn't wrap that into the price.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 24, 2020

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I just went around 1:30 PM and holy poo poo it was more crowded than Saturday before Christmas.

Also frozen yogurt is back at the food court, and now they have chocolate sauce topping.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's actual ice cream now

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Finally went after a month I think and they are stocked up well with the real bulk stuff. I picked up 20lbs of spaghetti and a block of butter, and I was thinking of going back to grab rice, flour, oil and other basic ingredients this week. I'm a bit broken and would like to keep the pantry a little fuller in the future. It helps that I made a killer loaf of Italian bread and had the best sandwiches last week.

Oh and chicken thighs! I haven't seen them in ages. Got a nice pack for the freezer.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

priznat posted:

This isn’t real jerky though, it has a much softer/chewier consistency and also has a “consume within 5 days of opening bag” warning on it. A rare miss from the Kirkland Boys

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

someone sell me a chest freezer this pandemic poo poo is bullshit!!

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

OldSenileGuy posted:

This isn’t real jerky though, it has a much softer/chewier consistency and also has a “consume within 5 days of opening bag” warning on it. A rare miss from the Kirkland Boys

It’s still real good.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

OldSenileGuy posted:

sounds like the goon-famed fatty jerky, actually

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

tangy yet delightful posted:

can’t you just rub ice on your nipples like everyone else?

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

StormDrain posted:

Finally went after a month I think and they are stocked up well with the real bulk stuff. I picked up 20lbs of spaghetti and a block of butter, and I was thinking of going back to grab rice, flour, oil and other basic ingredients this week. I'm a bit broken and would like to keep the pantry a little fuller in the future. It helps that I made a killer loaf of Italian bread and had the best sandwiches last week.

Oh and chicken thighs! I haven't seen them in ages. Got a nice pack for the freezer.

What's your recipe for the bread?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Lazyhound posted:

It’s still real good.

It is. Sometimes I get a bad bag, but for the most part it has a good beefy flavor while being pleasant to chew.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Paul MaudDib posted:

can’t you just rub ice on your nipples like everyone else?

I'm trying to be Energy Saver and eco-friendly over here with my weird fetishes. But yes it does technically work.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Thinking I need to stock up on some staples again with the current slope. Weeeeeeee

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Virigoth posted:

Thinking I need to stock up on some staples again with the current slope. Weeeeeeee

I guess? It seems like you could probably get those cheaper off Amazon or something though?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Schadenboner posted:

I guess? It seems like you could probably get those cheaper off Amazon or something though?

No hot dog and a drink (with free refill) ordering online.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

tangy yet delightful posted:

I feel your pain. The wife and I were trying to find one and more or less literally walked into one at Lowe’s and snagged it. If you can I’d make a routine of calling the local hardware big boxes mid morning every day and asking if they have any in stock. Their omnichanel stuff is getting better but Joe down at the store is going to know if they have someone coming off a truck faster than the website will. Plus I want to say that larger appliances aren’t really tracked in the system, but they could have improved the backend for that since I worked on it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Virigoth posted:

omg I'd be a fat piece of poo poo (more) if I could get a Costco dog online.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I almost forgot when I walked into the Costco a couple was wheeling out a chest freezer. It was a smaller one, like 7cuft I think?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Virigoth posted:

I don't drink soda so I always feel like the hot dog w/ drink is a waste even though its still a good deal! I mainly get italian sausage because I trick myself into thinking it is healthy with peppers and onions on top.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Virigoth posted:

But how are you needing staples in Costco bulk?

E: Oh, you mean like bread and cheese and stuff not the little metal things what join papers moreso than paper clips...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Schadenboner posted:

But how are you needing staples in Costco bulk?

E: Oh, you mean like bread and cheese and stuff not the little metal things what join papers moreso than paper clips...

Yeah like rice and flour and stuff. Or maybe I'm a secret Antifa super soldier who has to hang up over 1 million flyers around town.