Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

TV Zombie posted:

Have you been enjoying it? I thought the season ending episode with the impala was great and should have ended the series.

Well season 6 was pretty wobbly especially with the stuff involving Sam but the real world episode made the season worth it on the whole. Season 7 was definitely weak and if I had to watch it week to week instead of in a binge or had to wait for the next season I probably would have dropped the show. Leviathans were better in theory than execution and you could tell the show had its budget clipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1276554758921347072

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gaunab posted:

Well season 6 was pretty wobbly especially with the stuff involving Sam but the real world episode made the season worth it on the whole. Season 7 was definitely weak and if I had to watch it week to week instead of in a binge or had to wait for the next season I probably would have dropped the show. Leviathans were better in theory than execution and you could tell the show had its budget clipped.

It took a couple of seasons for them to figure out what they wanted to do after Season 5. The Leviathon stuff wasn't great. But once they kind of settled into world building with the angels and hunters and men of letters and stuff I think it was mostly fun. It was never as focused as that 5 season run but what are you gonna do?

I never did watch the last season. Gotta hit it up on Netflix but I'm half tempted to do a full rewatch which means I'll get to the last season sometime around Christmas.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Fuckin' ok! Wow!

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm not saying it can't be done but while the world is great it's gonna be fascinating to see how/if they translate the gameplay conceits that made the game great. I can see the personalities making a relatively easy transition but not the reactivity.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

TheAardvark posted:

On to season 2 of 30 Rock and wow this show is good, I love the huge variety of types of humor, from completely stupid slap-stick to really smart stuff to 4th wall breaking, sometimes all in the same episode or even the same scene. 💯

Its really good, like any show that lasts that long it falls off a bit, but picks back up in its last season. Alec Baldwin is iconic as Jack.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Huh. That feels like a weird thing to serialize. I guess the quality would vary wildy depending on what particular personality traits that guy might have. For all we know, it might be capitalist/fascist.

Also I fear they will not do Kim justice. One the one hand he's a good guy who happens to be a cop, on the other hand such kind of fiction is dangerous to portrait.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 26, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
WOW. QI is even odder without an audience than any other show. They really added a lot and were one of the best contestants

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

It took a couple of seasons for them to figure out what they wanted to do after Season 5. The Leviathon stuff wasn't great. But once they kind of settled into world building with the angels and hunters and men of letters and stuff I think it was mostly fun. It was never as focused as that 5 season run but what are you gonna do?

I never did watch the last season. Gotta hit it up on Netflix but I'm half tempted to do a full rewatch which means I'll get to the last season sometime around Christmas.

I tried doing a rewatch a month ago and got burned out after finishing the first season. I think I stopped watching it in season 10 or 11 so I'll probably pick it back up there. But it definitely was nice to watch that first season where they're mostly just doing regular supernatural hunts and without any of the convoluted angel and demon stuff.

This would be perfect for one of those Netflix interactive things.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A definite problem with a Disco Elysium show is that so much of what makes the game great is internal. Like I don't know if the face reveal joke would work very well.

For TV shows that are out now, the new Adventure Time special is very good.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Milo and POTUS posted:

WOW. QI is even odder without an audience than any other show. They really added a lot and were one of the best contestants

omg they got to the audience less shows already? Actually does this series have fewer shows because of covid?

e Oh wow Johnny Vegas is looking older

Ok I kinda of like this relaxed atmosphere. It's ten minutes in and they are still on the buzzers!

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jun 26, 2020

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Thinking about it a way they could do a DE show would be having a LOT of voiceover.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Arist posted:

Current thought is we're gonna test the waters with a PoI rewatch of Season 1 starting in July. I'll warn that Season 1 is rougher than the other seasons and potentially provide a viewing guide to people who want to skip episodes (which I feel runs counter to my own intentions for picking the show, but whatever, it gets people watching).

lmk whenever the thread goes up and I'll sticky it for your bad show <3

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've been watching Korean music shows again and lemme tell you how fuckin bizarre they are without the audience. poo poo is whack and I miss fan chants.

esperterra fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 26, 2020

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I liked The Last Leg Lockdown(-Under) because the show's got such a shoestring feel anyway everyone trying to get Zoom working fit right in. Have I Got News for You felt very off in comparison, that one really relies on the audience for pacing.

If you didn't catch the credits at the end of this QI Sandi said they have one more without an audience and then it's back to normal.

rargphlam
Dec 16, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Thinking about it a way they could do a DE show would be having a LOT of voiceover.

I started envisioning a Hellblade-esque narrative conceit, where voices are just kind of whispering and talking to him and the audience can hear them.

Which would be cool but it could be a lot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Boys s2, first three episodes September 4th.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Two episodes in and Twilight Zone S2 is a huge improvement because they listened to the complaints and let the episodes be shorter. Jordan Peele's episode is only 30 minutes long and it's way tighter and more fun and would have sucked if it was an hour long like last season.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Will the Adventure Time special make sense if I never finished the show? I fell off probably about halfway through.

EDIT: Also, how much Lemongrab is in it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They put the first episode of the new season up on Youtube. It showed up as an ad before another video I was watching and it makes me wonder, how many people actually sit there watching a 20+ minute video that shows up in the ad space? Because I never do as I want to get to the video I actually clicked on.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

OldSenileGuy posted:

Will the Adventure Time special make sense if I never finished the show? I fell off probably about halfway through.

EDIT: Also, how much Lemongrab is in it

It is BMO in an entirely new setting that is unconnected so you're good and none.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

They put the first episode of the new season up on Youtube. It showed up as an ad before another video I was watching and it makes me wonder, how many people actually sit there watching a 20+ minute video that shows up in the ad space? Because I never do as I want to get to the video I actually clicked on.

Yeah I saw that once with a 40-minute show. The sheer loving hubris

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah I saw that once with a 40-minute show. The sheer loving hubris

Prager U has shown up as a 20+ minute ad on more than one urbex video I've watched.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1276643571748274177

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
So, Wendell and....?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Carl, Dr Hibbert, Apu, Lou

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

So what about white characters voiced by non-wh*spontaneously combusts*

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

McSpanky posted:

So what about white characters voiced by non-wh*spontaneously combusts*

Yeah and why isn't there a White Entertainment Television??

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In addition to The Simpsons, Family Guy actor Mike Henry (who is white) says he will no longer voice Cleveland Brown.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I'm honestly shocked that FG is doing this, I just sort of assumed that show was on even more autopilot than Simpsons.

alright next Loren Bouchard stop having men do funny voices for adult women challenge. I love Linda but when I saw that Stanley Tucci was voicing a little old lady for Central Park I kinda groaned a little bit, especially since it never seems to go the other way (kids is a different story).

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
holy gently caress the scene in 30 Rock where Liz eats an entire sub in real time :staredog:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I would love if someone edited 30 rock to get rid of the insufferable background music.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1276667721619390464?s=20

This makes me sad because was one of the best episodes of the series

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It feels like these companies are terrified of even the possibility of criticism from either side. I don’t think anyone at any time was ever going to earnestly start a campaign over that episode.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Mu Zeta posted:

I would love if someone edited 30 rock to get rid of the insufferable background music.

Ha, isn't Tina Fey's husband the guy who did the music?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah, and it's the reason I can't stand Kimmy Schmidt. I would love to give the show a chance but that constant cacophany of jingly crap!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

ihatepants posted:

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1276667721619390464?s=20

This makes me sad because was one of the best episodes of the series

boy that's really not something you can take out of the episode either.

they should put it up with a historical explanation like Gone with the Wind, but instead of explaining stuff about the South post-Civil War it should just be an explanation of why white people thought it was OK to put blackface in their comedy shows in the mid-to-late 2000s.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Wasn't Chang playing a dark elf like Drizzt? They aren't even human.

in the context of the show I thought it was clear it wasn't making fun of black people. It was to emphasize that Chang is a piece of poo poo.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 27, 2020

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

To me it’s more that he put more time and effort than anyone into his character and got knocked out the game almost straight away.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Shirley literally says so we're just going to ignore that hate crime huh right after his first shot. Blackface was always a part of the joke. Pretending it isn't is really dumb.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah, thats dumb. The joke is literally rear end in a top hat person does black face and immediately gets called out on it.