Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'd rather manifest my energy into Rob Zombie only making Woolite commercials forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Doomhead Solo movie directed by Rob Zombie

starring

Richard Brake as Doomhead

Kvlt! as Rob Zombie's best friend

with

Franchescanado as Sonic the Hedgehog

and

Cool Corn as Rob Zombie

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Kvlt! posted:

no all of you need to manifest your energy towards Rob directing a Doomhead solo movie next

I need Rob to get back on the track he was on when he did Lords of Salem. Not that a Doomhead movie would be bad I just want.....more.

Sometimes I criticize Rob but only because I care. I want his legacy to be as strong as possible.

Edit: And I'm a bit offended that I wasn't cast in the movie

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

no all of you need to manifest your energy towards Rob directing a Doomhead solo movie next

holy poo poo I can sign on for this. Brake rules

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Basebf555 posted:

I need Rob to get back on the track he was on when he did Lords of Salem.
This. I enjoyed the Firefly/31 type stuff but he clearly can do something beyond it so like I rather he try some new stuff and build his oeuvre than just keep making the same kind of film over and over.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Speaking of Rob Zombie, I rewatched his Halloween II the other day and it still owns. Easily the best Halloween movie after the original, although they're so different it's hard to compare directly.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I’m pretty sure Rob Zombie’s Friday the 13th would be much less hotly contested in here than his Halloween is.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Brake was the best part of 31, so I support this cause

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Splint Chesthair posted:

I’m pretty sure Rob Zombie’s Friday the 13th would be much less hotly contested in here than his Halloween is.

So long as he included Jason being deformed/disabled as a kid, yeah. There's not a lot you can do to gently caress with Jason and most of the stuff he did with Michael was...very Jason.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Jason at least makes sense as a Hellbilly Deluxe

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Iron Crowned posted:

I'd rather manifest my energy into Rob Zombie only making Woolite commercials forever.

"Rob Zombie's Burger King ad" has potential.

As, for that matter, does a discussion of which product would be best served by which horror director. Wes Craven's Slumberland mattresses seems like an obvious shoe-in, but what should John Carpenter make an ad for? What about Miike, Hooper or Cronenberg?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Kvlt! posted:

Doomhead Solo movie directed by Rob Zombie

starring

Richard Brake as Doomhead

Kvlt! as Rob Zombie's best friend

with

Franchescanado as Sonic the Hedgehog

and

Cool Corn as Rob Zombie

Gobba go fasht.

Basebf555 posted:

I need Rob to get back on the track he was on when he did Lords of Salem. Not that a Doomhead movie would be bad I just want.....more.

Sometimes I criticize Rob but only because I care. I want his legacy to be as strong as possible.

Edit: And I'm a bit offended that I wasn't cast in the movie

You know what would rule? Rob Zombie haunted house movie.

I know we've got more haunted house movies, but so many are slow burn minimal spookies. I wanna see what Zombie does with it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jedit posted:

"Rob Zombie's Burger King ad" has potential.

As, for that matter, does a discussion of which product would be best served by which horror director. Wes Craven's Slumberland mattresses seems like an obvious shoe-in, but what should John Carpenter make an ad for? What about Miike, Hooper or Cronenberg?

Carpenter would do Chrysler, easily

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I’d like to see that hockey movie he wanted to make honestly.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Kvlt! isn't crazy.

He's in control.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Splint Chesthair posted:

I can't wait for every single victim Jason kills to have their own flashback that's B-roll footage of them joking around between shooting :v

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Martin's not only my favorite Romero film, but one of my favorite films in general, I can't wait until this gets released.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3621446/george-romeros-long-lost-film-amusement-park-acquired-yellow-veil-pictures/

quote:

George A. Romero’s Long Lost Film “The Amusement Park” Being Sold by Yellow Veil Pictures

After a brief festival run, Yellow Veil Pictures has come aboard to handle worldwide sales on The Amusement Park, the formerly lost film from iconic filmmaker George A. Romero, Bloody Disgusting just learned.

“Recently discovered and restored 46 years after its completion by the George A. Romero Foundation and produced by Suzanne Romero it was restored in 4K by IndieCollect in New York. The Amusement Park is an alluring snapshot of the filmmaker’s early artistic capacity and style, and would go on to inform his ensuing filmography.

“The film was originally commissioned by the Lutheran Society to raise awareness about ageism and elder abuse. Romero, however, conceived of what was perhaps his wildest, most imaginative movie, an allegory about the nightmarish realities of growing older.

“The Amusement Park stars Martin’s Lincoln Maazel as an elderly man who finds himself disoriented and increasingly isolated as the pains, tragedies, and humiliations of aging in America are manifested through roller coasters and chaotic crowds.”

“Though not in the horror genre it is George’s most terrifying film,” said Suzanne Romero. “It has Romero’s unique footprint all over it!”

Watch this spot for distribution news the second it comes in.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ruddiger posted:

Martin's not only my favorite Romero film, but one of my favorite films in general, I can't wait until this gets released.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3621446/george-romeros-long-lost-film-amusement-park-acquired-yellow-veil-pictures/

I posted this on the last page but it looks like Yellow Veil is handling it

flashy_mcflash posted:

This early Romero flick is getting a release

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Dawn of the Dead and Martin being out of print is a drat crime

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

drat, Zombie doing a Ft13th would probably rule. My horror watchin' partner's biggest complaint with the Ft13th remake has always been that "it's like Jason's shoes are made of cottonballs" because of how he just seems to be completely undetectable until, oh no, he's right there and suddenly X character is dead now. I think Robbo would do a good job making Jason the lumbering powerhouse I wanna see him be.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
As much as I <3 Zombie, I don't want him to become the next Ari Aster just mindlessly churning out what's expected of him.

An artist is at his best when he faces light adversity.

I want him to head Disney's live-action retelling of The Haunted Mansion.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

It would definitely be fun for once in Zombie's career if we got to see him make a movie with a big budget. The most he's ever had to work with is 15 million.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I want zombie to make something as good as lord's of Salem again

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

I never knew how badly I wanted this until this moment. Having just finished reading an Unauthorized History of the Haunted Mansion, there's plenty he could run with.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

As much as I <3 Zombie, I don't want him to become the next Ari Aster just mindlessly churning out what's expected of him.

while i strongly dislike Aster, that's sort of a weird complaint to level at him, innit? the only real common threads Hereditary and Midsommar have are the occult and nihilism (and even then it's different angles towards both), and iirc his next thing isn't actually horror.

my dislike of him is really more rooted in the fact that, on a personal ideological level, i am diametrically opposed to his apparent nihilistic viewpoint and it makes watching his movies uncomfortable in a way i don't enjoy at all (and the way I read Hereditary in particular really pissed me off).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

while i strongly dislike Aster, that's sort of a weird complaint to level at him, innit? the only real common threads Hereditary and Midsommar have are the occult and nihilism (and even then it's different angles towards both), and iirc his next thing isn't actually horror.

There's also the intense emotional weight, but yeah, I don't think Midsommar and Hereditary have enough directly in common to be considered a pattern or crutches or anything. Its certainly not yet to the same level as Zombie's patterns and style.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

As much as I <3 Zombie, I don't want him to become the next Ari AsterAdam Wingard just mindlessly churning out what's expected of him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I gotta watch some Wingard movies because on the surface I got no idea what You're Next, The Guest, Blair Witch, and Death Note have in common.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Eh, I more think everything after The Guest is just him churning out exactly what the studio tells him to since he's getting bigger budgets

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

XIII posted:

Eh, I more think everything after The Guest is just him churning out exactly what the studio tells him to since he's getting bigger budgets

No way. He was just building up to Godzilla VS Kong

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Burkion posted:

No way. He was just building up to Godzilla VS Kong

This could be extremely my poo poo or awful and I'm looking forward to finding out.

Semi-related: I really miss watching movies in the theater

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
In hindsight, Adam Wingard would've been a better pick to show how fall the might can fall. How can a dude with a corpus of work like that just go, "yeah gently caress all of that, I'm doing something completely different now!"?

Money. I guess.

I just want Zombie to unseat Tim Burton as the "spooky filmmaker for kids" go-to guy because his output for the last decade has been pure cringe for all age groups. I suppose if I was shopping for sell-outs I should've went with Burton.

Zombie is at his best when he's showing us episodic carnivals of horrors loosely tied together, like cinematic versions of a haunted house. If he could subtract the tiddies, gore and vulgarity and still have a spooky good flick he'd be considered a modern loving master.

TheOmegaWalrus fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 26, 2020

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

XIII posted:

Semi-related: I really miss watching movies in the theater

Me too, especially the weird, usually empty, (literally) underground theater near my work. Hell, I miss going to work.

I watched Color out of Space and Mandy today, back to back. I am exhausted. What a fun ride.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^I'm one of the very few people at my job that's still coming into the office mon-fri and, honestly, I'm kinda grateful. It helps separate my work/home lives and still biking to/from the office is helping me fight off the pandemic pounds.

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

If he could subtract the tiddies, gore and vulgarity

This is like asking a fish not to swim

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
You can't subtact the tiddies, gore and vulgarity! You will regret this!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I got a free trial to Shudder before it hits me up for a year subscription in a couple days. I signed up for it to view Ghostwatch but they took the darn thing down and haven't really found anything appealing since they're mostly niche titles.

So far i've watched Haunt and that's about it. Could use some suggestions of things to view before I cancel it Saturday night, any suggestions?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Parrotine posted:

I got a free trial to Shudder before it hits me up for a year subscription in a couple days. I signed up for it to view Ghostwatch but they took the darn thing down and haven't really found anything appealing since they're mostly niche titles.

So far i've watched Haunt and that's about it. Could use some suggestions of things to view before I cancel it Saturday night, any suggestions?

What kinds of horror movies do you like? There is a pretty wide variety of good stuff on there.

e: if you just mean Shudder originals or movies not on other streaming services, these are all really excellent:

Revenge
One Cut of the Dead
Mandy
Bliss
Horror Noire
Better Watch Out
Tigers Are Not Afraid

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 26, 2020

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Good cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

MacheteZombie posted:

I want zombie to make something as good as lord's of Salem again

I want a cut of Lords of Salem that's just about the day-to-day lives of 3 goof-off DJs at a classic rock station.