Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

No one is doing a DDOS attack at Severin. Maybe Bill from Code Red, but I'm pretty sure he's still rocking a beige computer. They have a poorly done website,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

ultraviolence123 posted:

No one is doing a DDOS attack at Severin. Maybe Bill from Code Red, but I'm pretty sure he's still rocking a beige computer. They have a poorly done website,

It was just a bunch of people hitting refresh. :smith:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Just fess up and admit you weren't as ready as you thought you would me. Hell, Vinegar Syndrome always jokes about it in their newsletters leading up to their big sales.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It cracks me up that VinSyn is basically 3 guys and a van pumping out blurays but even they managed to not gently caress up their sale in the way severin continues to do.

I remember VinSyn had issues with one or two of their first big sales, but actually fixed the issues. Their last sale had 0 issues lol.

Also I agree with sentiment about 600 copies of X Film. It sucks to have that kind of scarcity for almost no reason. I assume contractual but come on how many of these movies would get releases/remasters these days without the niche dealers? I guess it pits the companies against each other for bidding on the rights but it shits on the consumers..... omg I just remembered capitalism sucks.

Franchescanado posted:

That was the one I wanted most. :(

I spent two hours refreshing my page for this and the beast must die.

I'm guessing copies will still be available there's no way they managed to sell all of them. It took me like 30-45 minutes just to get it into my cart lol.

If that mallrats run isn't a limited stock I'll probably pick it up when an arrow sale covers it. I loved mallrats growing up so itd mostly be for nostalgia. I had secret crush on Jason Lee growing up.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Cloudflare DDoS protection popped up when trying to access their site, I don't know if that happens automatically or what but it seems like they weren't lying about the attack

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Mallrats holds a special place in my heart. Saw it on TV w a buddy. I’ve owned it on DVD and BD and will absolutely side-grade to an Arrow set for it. It’s just stupid fun, and idk, it scratches the itch for Kevin Smith movies that occasionally comes up.

Still need to grab Clerks on BD.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

MacheteZombie posted:

If that mallrats run isn't a limited stock I'll probably pick it up when an arrow sale covers it. I loved mallrats growing up so itd mostly be for nostalgia. I had secret crush on Jason Lee growing up.

If you want the TV cut, you might want to preorder. A lot of Arrow releases have a limited run for the two disc editions and then cut the second disc in a second pressing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

gey muckle mowser posted:

Cloudflare DDoS protection popped up when trying to access their site, I don't know if that happens automatically or what but it seems like they weren't lying about the attack

I mean, all a DDOS is is too much traffic from a variety of sources for the host to handle at once.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Goddamn I probably wasn't gonna pick anything up in the sale, but this is a catastrophe. I did kind of want to check out Blood on Satan's Claw based solely on the fact that The Cramps name-check it in a song.

MacheteZombie posted:

Also I agree with sentiment about 600 copies of X Film. It sucks to have that kind of scarcity for almost no reason.
Hooboy, don't get into record collecting.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I understand limited pressings for colored vinyl, slipcases, deluxe editions with collectible chalk, but straight up “2000 copies and that’s it” is dumb. I bought so much poo poo I didn’t really want just because I knew I wouldn’t get it later. They played me like a drat fiddle. :negative:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Well there's also, like, the issue of "who's going to even buy this?" with some of their releases. I'm an idiot who hates money and loves awful, bottom-of-the-trash-bin B-movies so I had to own the Al Adamson collection, but I don't really think that many people would want it if it weren't a limited release. Why make more than 2000 if only like 2050 people want it?

I really don't know anything about pressing blu rays, but isn't it cheaper to buy huge bulk orders at once than to order a handful whenever there's demand? If they pressed 2000 more they'd have over half of that just sitting in their warehouse losing them money.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Liar Lyre posted:

I understand limited pressings for colored vinyl, slipcases, deluxe editions with collectible chalk, but straight up “2000 copies and that’s it” is dumb. I bought so much poo poo I didn’t really want just because I knew I wouldn’t get it later. They played me like a drat fiddle. :negative:

Just :lol: if you don't prize your copy of Xtro 3

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

spent two hours refreshing my page for this and the beast must die.

I'm guessing copies will still be available there's no way they managed to sell all of them. It took me like 30-45 minutes just to get it into my cart lol.

I haven't been able to get it to load once. :(

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

EL BROMANCE posted:

I mean, all a DDOS is is too much traffic from a variety of sources for the host to handle at once.

that's true, I guess I don't know what the threshold is for Cloudflare's protection to trigger or if the system can tell the difference between an actual attack or a bunch of people smashing F5 for an hour straight.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

If you want the TV cut, you might want to preorder. A lot of Arrow releases have a limited run for the two disc editions and then cut the second disc in a second pressing.

Oh.. well poo poo drat

caligulamprey posted:

Hooboy, don't get into record collecting.

I legit stay away from records for that exact reason. I don't have the stomach for it lol, one of buddy does though and I really dig his collection of multicolored vinyls.

Liar Lyre posted:

Yeah slip cases/lenticular covers and poo poo are whatever. I don't mind missing those for most movies. I think VinSyn does a better job communicating than Severin though. Like Fulci for Fake says "limited to 600" but apparently that's only the lenticular cover version and non limited run is planned for later, which I only found out from twitter.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

I haven't been able to get it to load once. :(

Oh this was last night when the sale started. I stayed up far too late for shiny discs.

Right now we have to wait until 3pm est (or possibly later!)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I have to admit that I have a lot of weird Twilight Time stuff because there was just enough novelty to the idea of a commentary track from the porpoise trainer/Brooke Shields boob double on Blue Lagoon or a Eurythmics score-only track for 1984.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I do love that Severin just packs free advertising stickers in with every order, and their company logo looks nicer than VinSyn's.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

Oh this was last night when the sale started. I stayed up far too late for shiny discs.

Right now we have to wait until 3pm est (or possibly later!)

Well hopefully I'll be able to order stuff via phone, cuz I'll be away from my computer at that time.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

King Vidiot posted:

I do love that Severin just packs free advertising stickers in with every order, and their company logo looks nicer than VinSyn's.

VinSyn sticks them in my orders at random, sometimes they're a big clear circle, other times they're a black circle.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Iron Crowned posted:

Just :lol: if you don't prize your copy of Xtro 3

I watched my copy the other night and boy howdy does it loving suck. It would almost be endearing if it didn't feel so loving lazy. That little puppet alien though :kiddo:

Also, I managed to grab a copy of The Beast Must Die in my order last night, so if I watch it and hate it I'll gladly sell it to anyone here at cost. Ultra limited editions are the absolute worst.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

I have no where to put the stickers though!

I like Severin's director pins. I only have Fulcis but it's a fun idea.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I watched my copy the other night and boy howdy does it loving suck. It would almost be endearing if it didn't feel so loving lazy. That little puppet alien though :kiddo:

Also, I managed to grab a copy of The Beast Must Die in my order last night, so if I watch it and hate it I'll gladly sell it to anyone here at cost. Ultra limited editions are the absolute worst.

The beast must die has Peter Cushing, it cannot suck.... well unless there's vampires involved

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

MacheteZombie posted:

I have no where to put the stickers though!

I like Severin's director pins. I only have Fulcis but it's a fun idea.

I accidentally added Severin Stickers to my order last night so I’m gonna slap one on my car. Probably throw one on my desktop too.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

I accidentally added Severin Stickers to my order last night so I’m gonna slap one on my car. Probably throw one on my desktop too.

I wanted to buy one of the kids stickers, but couldn't risk not getting my order in.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Vinegar Syndrome's logo looks like something Eli Roth would come up with and I hate it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I didn't dislike it. It was also fun to see the exact same murder motel from the first Angel movie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Vinegar Syndrome's logo looks like something Eli Roth would come up with and I hate it.

I'm not a huge fan of either company's logo tbh.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I mean, to me it evokes that Rose McGowan image from Planet Terror so I can almost give it a pass. But I'm not about to go around wearing a t-shirt or slapping a bumper sticker on my truck that looks like it's promoting a strip club.

Although on that note, Severin's logo kind of looks like that too.

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

Vinegar Syndrome's logo looks like clip art and I hope they change it some day.

No idea who that's supposed to be on the Severin logo. That's kind of my issue with Severin over all though. They're releasing stickers during this sale and they've been posting them on their Facebook page while saying like, "We HAD to do it..." And everyone in the comments is like, "Oh ho hoooo! A delicious treat for fans of THAT movie..." Like, just loving say what it's from and stop trying to be an elitist.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

King Vidiot posted:

I mean, to me it evokes that Rose McGowan image from Planet Terror so I can almost give it a pass. But I'm not about to go around wearing a t-shirt or slapping a bumper sticker on my truck that looks like it's promoting a strip club.

Although on that note, Severin's logo kind of looks like that too.

I ordered the VinSyn strip club logo shirt during the last sale :shrug:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

:siren:AAAAAHHHHHHHHH:siren:

You said "vinyls"!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CPL593H posted:

:siren:AAAAAHHHHHHHHH:siren:

You said "vinyls"!

Oh no poser status now

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

MacheteZombie posted:

Oh no poser status now

I'll bet you just ordered a Crosley from Urban Outfitters.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CPL593H posted:

I'll bet you just ordered a Crosley from Urban Outfitters.

Sorry. I'm sorry. I'm trying to refund it

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Hold onto your butts, we get to watch the site meltdown again at midnight EST tonight

https://twitter.com/SeverinFilms/status/1276595797287677952?s=20

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I have a Severin sticker on my car. The VS logo is bad, out of context it looks like a strip club or Playboy logo and I don’t really want to display that

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

My money is on another "DDoS" attack.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Since it looks like most of the Lowtax/SA drama died down, I’m just gonna dump another link to the new Discord. Come complain about Severin some more!

Liar Lyre fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Anyone in here have experience converting VHS tapes to digital? I'm looking at converters and they all look like flimsy garbage.