Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's probably less "We postponed the taping for safety" and more "We postponed the taping because most of the production crew are too weak to standup. We're finding new crew"

I imagine its that there was enough outrage and upset amongst the wrestlers and crew that at least waiting until they had tests in seemed necessary, but also they couldn't bring themselves to not film a SD because they don't REALLY care and are only doing the bare minimum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Davros1 posted:

Trust in the sword spray

Live by the sword spray, die by the sword spray

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i hope they try to sue the sword spray people and get made to look like loving rubes in court

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I imagine we'll never hear about that again because it too embarrassing. They'll just keep on this whole "we did this FOR YOU!" bullshit and try and make it out to be a self sacrifice and patriotic act. And then they'll say like they didn't want to take away their wrestlers wages. And something about how positive tests is just evidence of what a good job they're doing.

They'll get a rundown from the VP.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the wwe is doomed

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
imagine going into work today after all this poo poo going on

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Davros1 posted:

AEW had a Memorial Day party, and Adam Cole was there
That's worrisome, as it's impossible for him to stay 6 feet away from anyone.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

lol

here it comes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hirez posted:

imagine going into work today after all this poo poo going on

There have been people who straight up refused to. I'm sure it'll come out who soon, if not it'll be obvious by who's not there tonight (half the show is currently planned to be that Taker tribute)

Last night there were rumors that talent were leaving Florida so they had the excuse of not being in the area day-of

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
(footage of a dozen wrestlers hooked up to ventilators)
ARE YA READY FOR A GOOD TIME?!

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Good Listener posted:

I like how every big event it feels like this is the time the WWE wrestlers should finally just say gently caress you and start a union like..THIS IS IT! FINALLY!

But...none of them will ever.

How would unionizing make a difference with this?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Any demands they could make regarding worker safety would be taken a whole lot more seriously if the locker room had the threat of strike to bargain with.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rusty Shackelford posted:

You'd demand safe health precautions, timely test results and communication, and protection against punishment for choosing not to take the risk all with the threat of the entire roster striking if they aren't satisfied.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Hopkins FBI posted:

That's worrisome, as it's impossible for him to stay 6 feet away from anyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Td2CTuiVY

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, in a perfect situation they would of already had a union and would of used that to get proper covid care. But it's never too late for them to start unionizing now. At the least they should be dealing with this like a shadow union and convincing other performers to not show up and trying to get at least some of the wrestlers to act collectively.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

:syoon: God Miroslav is so loving good.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, in a perfect situation they would of already had a union and would of used that to get proper covid care. But it's never too late for them to start unionizing now. At the least they should be dealing with this like a shadow union and convincing other performers to not show up and trying to get at least some of the wrestlers to act collectively.

Until someone pulls a Hogan and rats the person or people starting it out to Vince and he fires them.

My guess would be Seth, Ziggler, or Braun.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Braun for sure

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
This will end in 100% of the roster getting covid and Vince getting the presidential medal of freedom

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Per Alvarez:

Jamie Noble was in the ring with a lot of talent earlier in the week going over spots. As mentioned earlier, Noble admitted today he was one of the new positive tests

WWE canceled the Raw taping after receiving more test results today

"I've heard others in WWE refer to the current situation, well, not as a horror show, but as another similar expression I can't use on the air." (shitshow)

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

lol vince would absolutely call the next ppv the poo poo show if he could

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Seams posted:

This will end in 100% of the roster getting covid and Vince getting the presidential medal of freedom

Only then will Dan Ryckert inherit the ashes formerly known as WWE.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fatherofmustard posted:

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/137470/wwe-taping-tv-today-best-wishes-to-the-bullet-bob-armstrong-covid19-and-more.html?p=1

"WWE is, as of this morning, slated to move forward with taping TV today for tonight's Smackdown and this Monday's episode of Raw. They will also tape tomorrow at the WWE Performance Center.

The tapings are taking place despite the company continuing to receive positive COVID-19 test results. We are told the number has risen since yesterday and there is concern about everyone at every level of the company who was at the PC.

One conversation among WWE wrestlers over the last few days is disbelief towards those in the locker room who have been out socially at bars and gatherings and posting on social media in the wake of everything that has gone on since the company began informing them of COVID-19 positives."

This is the funniest loving thing I have ever read

Jesus loving Christ just go on strike you morons

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SatoshiMiwa posted:

A day after taping surely nothing can go wrong with that!

I know it's a cult with some of these people but there has to be a breaking point. Right? Maybe not. I dunno.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Every wwe match contested under last man standing rules.

Bad Gandalf
Sep 19, 2010

I apologise for my bad photoshop skills

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

wheres the sword spray

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1276609080245641216

always more

always worse

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Vince has covid doesn’t he

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/sbnation/status/1276599985514127362?s=21

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Seams posted:

that would be an improvement because at least he won't be able to make decisions from the ICU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seams posted:

A man can dream

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

How can we turn nobody in wwe knowing who else has Coronavirus into a cinematic gimmick match

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Hirez posted:

wheres the sword spray

Well the sword spray where it knocks it out, in a minute, one minute,

and is there a way where we can do something like that? by errr... injection? inside or... almost a cleaning of the wrestlers?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Is Roman Reigns still a persona non grata for not wanting to kill himself with covid?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Baron Covid gimmick coming soon. He’s going to cough on people and destroy PPE for heat.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Andrast posted:

Is Roman Reigns still a persona non grata for not wanting to kill himself with covid?

who?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't have fightful select so I dunno the contents of the article but dude.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1276615229242212353

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Turns out Triple H got swords and axes confused, and they've just been hosing down the ring with body spray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MJeff posted:

I don't have fightful select so I dunno the contents of the article but dude.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1276615229242212353

Where are they going to find any?