Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

1. Asiina (she/her)
  2. Amnistar (He/Him)
  3. Chic Trombone (She/Her)
  4. Deadbeat Dad
  5. DGK2000 (DGK/Lord/He)
  6. Hal Incandenza (he/him/hal)
  7. hambeet (he/him)
  8. Jen X (She/Her)
  9. Jonathan Fisk
  10. merk (he/him)
  11. Mr. Humalong (w/e)
  12. NevergirlsOFFICIAL
  13. peramene (she/her)
  14. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  15. SolusLunes
  16. Spoonsy (he/him/his)
  17. Sub Rosa
  18. Token Female (She/her)
  19. yuming (she/her)

:rip: the boneyard :rip:

Asiina, STORK, Night Witch Vanilla was executed day one!
J͚͈̱̙͍̯̘e̺̺̭̳͈ͅn̺͓͇̥̞̲͇ ̪̯̤X̳̣̫̥,̩ ͉B͇̫̩u̗̘̦̼̝ͅl̼b͖̠̜u̥̻l̖̖͎ͅ,̖̭̪̥̤̮͎ ͈̯̗͈Ca̳͓̟ͅb̘̱̩ḁl͍̘ ̩̜̫̥̺͎͕G̮̞o̗̜͎̖̹̱o̤͖̻n͎̹͉̺͎̩͙̯͍͚ͅ was executed night one!
peramene, DOVE, Self-Aligned Arsonist was captured day two!
Mr. Humalong, Mynah, Night Witch Tracker was found cut open night two!
yuming, Matron Robin, Night Witch Doctor was found dead of a heart attack night two!

When the first mage brought arcane fire to bear on the ghouls and shades that plagued mankind, that was the beginning of the end of the golden era of monsters. They laughed at first; soft pink prey wielding the power of creation was beyond ridiculous.

Then, they started to vanish, much like the children they had taken from beds, or woodsmen who ventured too deep into the unknown. The handful of magi turned into dozens, spreading light across the nooks and crannies of old Europe. Those who couldn’t flee fought, sometimes killing entire schools and forever extinguishing whatever secrets those august institutions possessed. However, for every ten that were killed, a hundred more sprung up to take their place. Whereas it might take a spirit centuries to master its power, mankind bred like rodents. Eventually the quiet, dark corners of the world were few, and monsterkind fled to the New World.

For a while, there was peace and blood aplenty. But then, as they always did, mankind followed, pushing back the darkness in mass. Some fed off the slaughter of conflict, but even then the world was growing smaller. In the dawn of the modern era, word spread of a land where those able to flee could find new purchase and wreck old mischiefs.

In response, something buried deep in the land, hidden beneath centuries of bloodshed and pain, sprouted new life. A new magical tradition was born, and between three individuals, sixty magical words were given, twenty to each house and tradition, that in time would form the litany of the Great Voice. As monsters flooded into the land, the three houses took up their wands and began to fight back. These three people all begat families, and those families grew to form the Three Houses of Nain, for Nain was the word of the Voice itself.

In time, Glinrow built a fortress deep within the Great Barrier Reef, their magic fusing with the coral to create deadly blades wielded by the greatest of their warriors. More than any other house, Glinrow holds to the precepts of honor above all else. Their word is true and their skill is feared.

High above the skies of Uluru, the Bleak Monastery constructed a keep invisible to the human eye. There, the connection to the Dreaming, the ancient magic of the land, is stronger than anywhere, and the students learn ways and means of observing the future that are unknown to the other houses. Students of the Bleak Monastery are often guarded and secretive, but their wisdom cannot be denied.

House Murlhalx never secluded itself, instead living in open secrecy among the people. By the work of their founder, a new kind of magic that made travel between two points instantaneous, the first such conduit was known as the Twelve Apostles by the locals. Their students are gregarious and often well-to-do, but they have a kind of honest sincerity that is hard not to like.

From these three houses came nine more, and so eleven in total came to band together during the Great War, the Nain Accords forming the foundations of the Magi Aristocracy that would form the foundation of the internal government of this world. As the world changed, so too did the Magistrocracy, and it was agreed that they could not survive as they were. In secret, a new organization was formed, one that answered only to Magistocratic officials. They were dispatched around the world, by means of a newly developed Waystone system, along with the conveniences of modern technology they had grown to adapt.

This organization served with utmost distinction and almost zero recognition. Their selfless actions would in time breed a new generations of heroes, but few would ever know their real names. They were tough, they were smart, and their loyalty was unquestioned. Dark wizards and monsters alike would learn to fear...

hello and welcome to my mafia game

this is a nice game of mafia to have a nice time. eighteen people can play my nice game, but i have an alternate setup devised for twenty-one friends if need be.

i worked very hard on this game, it took a long time!! i have designed four different iterations of this game in the time since i first ran Cloaks, this would be my biggest game to date which is kind of fun! this game's theme is 'witch spies,' you're spies who are witches.

here of the rules of my nice mafia game:

I. be cool. this is important! you have to be cool to be nice. i will put the thread in time out if it gets too mean.
II. No post edits
III. no posting anything after you're dead at all. i hope you read this because otherwise you'll get a big penalty!
IV. don't quote direct communication from any oot source. if you post the chatlogs from any kind of oot source, ya dead.
V. no faking day actions, immediate modkill unless it's really funny.
VI. death millers?
VII. respect the hammer. don't post after the hammer. if there's been hammer and i haven't locked the thread yet, just be chill.
VIII. don't lurk. i'll assign penalties for lurking as i see fit but if you're not hitting 10 posts a day ya probably gonna get modkilled.
IX. gotta have that discord
X. if you read into flavor that's your own damage. i'm not responsible if you throw the game chasing after my inconsistent flavor.

1. Merk
2. Dgk
3. Sandwolf
4. Asiina
5. Hum
6. Sub Rosa
7. Jen X
8. Hal
9. Token Female
10. Solus
11. pera
12. Spoonsy
13. yuming
14. Chic
15. Nevergirls Official
16. Jfisk
17. Deadbeat Dad
18. hambeet

(19. 20, 21)

and yes this is a loose sequel to cloaks, although i prefer to think of it as a 'spiritual successor.' you can read that game here.

honestly this game is fairly crazy. i think it's balanced but i'm trying some stuff out! you can join that discord server here: https://discord.gg/883aTK4

Snooze Cruise posted:

Flights of fancy won't be my MO this game.
Steps are already being taken to assure our victory.
Hand it to me, our savior.
Rail against the machine.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hell yes

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
I am here to play mafia, or a semblance of it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

So bout it

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will enter

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'd like to try playing again.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I would like to play.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am backing out of this game.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Signing up

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I put this game up unaware of the lowtax stuff. It sucks. If he's out I'll still run it here, otherwise I'll figure something out. This game will run somehow. Feel free to sign up still~

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Somberbrero posted:

I put this game up unaware of the lowtax stuff. It sucks. If he's out I'll still run it here, otherwise I'll figure something out. This game will run somehow. Feel free to sign up still~

ok then signing up

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

extra important everyone joins the discord!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

extra important everyone joins the discord!

Also I will sign up to play this wherever it happens

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Put my name on that list please.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hello I would like to spectate because you write good flavour. If the game stalls at needing 1 more I might play because then I get to write stuff too but playing is very stressful.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

ilmucche posted:

Hello I would like to spectate because you write good flavour. If the game stalls at needing 1 more I might play because then I get to write stuff too but playing is very stressful.

💙 You got it buddy.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

forums currently not dead, will play in this game

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
let's play

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
I mean as long as this place is still around I could use a game that isn't mine

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I’d like to play. :sun:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

got any room left? :3:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am back to playing provided that Jeffrey of YOSPOS thing is real.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

I am back to playing provided that Jeffrey of YOSPOS thing is real.

I'm worried that a lot of good posters have still decided to jump ship regardless. I've seen a whole lot of skepticism on whether or not Lowtax will really totally give up the reins, or if that would even be good enough with the admin and mod structure and culture that still remains without him.

I don't think that should affect your decision to play in this game, since Somber said he might move it to another place anyway. But just wanted to get that concern out there for using this forum in general.

Of course, even though I just said that I'd like to observe instead of play now for unrelated reasons.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

INSIDE

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Considering the apparent issues with all the offsites I’m hopeful to remain here

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yuming posted:

I’d like to play. :sun:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Wow, what a week huh? Only two more folks and we can start this thing!

I remain optimistic that there will be a peaceful transition. If not, we'll figure it out when we get there. I wrote this game for this community and I'd like it to stay here if possible.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I play!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yes, based on my limited reviews, the offsites seem very bad.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm worried that a lot of good posters have still decided to jump ship regardless. I've seen a whole lot of skepticism on whether or not Lowtax will really totally give up the reins, or if that would even be good enough with the admin and mod structure and culture that still remains without him.

I don't think that should affect your decision to play in this game, since Somber said he might move it to another place anyway. But just wanted to get that concern out there for using this forum in general.

Of course, even though I just said that I'd like to observe instead of play now for unrelated reasons.

are you observering because you're scum and you know that I know you're scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

are you observering because you're scum and you know that I know you're scum

You only know cause you're scum too! That's not impressive!!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

##vote sandwolf

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

ilmucche posted:

##vote sandwolf

Looks like someone wants to step up from observer to player hmmm?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

If merk gets two spots then I want two as well

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mr. Humalong posted:

If merk gets two spots then I want two as well

Non capisco?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yo

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
That's 18, I work kinda late but I'll do my best to get the game up tonight if everyone is in discord.

https://discord.gg/883aTK4

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ilmucche posted:

##vote sandwolf

TYPICAL MERK

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Somberbrero posted:

That's 18, I work kinda late but I'll do my best to get the game up tonight if everyone is in discord.

https://discord.gg/883aTK4

think we're missing merk, fisk, and hal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I think Merk 1 joined the discord already. They're in the introduction thread at least