Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jerusalem posted:

So apparently according to Dave on WOR, Renee Young got her positive test done herself at home. She was also bedridden and had lost all sense of taste. Moxley was advised to stay in a hotel to try and avoid getting it but chose to stay at home (but try and keep distance from her) because he figures despite testing negative he probably DOES have it, and also he doesn't want to take the risk of being away if she gets sicker.

this also means Renee was not one of the many many confirmed tests as those were WWE's tests, this was done independently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
This is definitely an episode to skip if you've been at all uncomfortable with the amount of skepticism that Dave has for some of the victim's stories.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pE4FyyySOo

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

So apparently according to Dave on WOR, Renee Young got her positive test done herself at home. She was also bedridden and had lost all sense of taste. Moxley was advised to stay in a hotel to try and avoid getting it but chose to stay at home (but try and keep distance from her) because he figures despite testing negative he probably DOES have it, and also he doesn't want to take the risk of being away if she gets sicker.

Bad with health but good with husbanding.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jordan7hm posted:

I think it's a situation where there's no good option. If he has it but is asymptomatic, it might not show up on a test for days and he would end up infecting a bunch of people in a hotel.

They have a giant house so hopefully they can isolate in different areas of it as much as possible.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think it's a situation where there's no good option. If he has it but is asymptomatic, it might not show up on a test for days and he would end up infecting a bunch of people in a hotel.

They have a giant house so hopefully they can isolate in different areas of it as much as possible.

A journalist with the Ottawa senators caught it back in March and spent the time at home, his family was all still there. He did full isolation outside of the mornings, where he went solo for coffee before everyone woke up. None of his family caught it. It seems like if you just avoid people and maintain good cleanliness, it won’t spread, even in the same home.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

This is definitely an episode to skip if you've been at all uncomfortable with the amount of skepticism that Dave has for some of the victim's stories.

That's disappointing. It was upsetting how many times I had to mash the "skip forward 30 seconds" during Monday's WOR because he kept going on and on about Cornette.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Jordan7hm posted:

Leaving my sick wife? gently caress that.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

Really cool of Dave to give this subforum a shoutout imo.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jordan7hm posted:

A journalist with the Ottawa senators caught it back in March and spent the time at home, his family was all still there. He did full isolation outside of the mornings, where he went solo for coffee before everyone woke up. None of his family caught it. It seems like if you just avoid people and maintain good cleanliness, it won’t spread, even in the same home.

Yeah I agree, especially if you have a big house it should be a little easier. I know people trying to isolate from each other in, like, one bedroom condos and it feels almost like a futile endeavour. One couple I know had one partner go camping alone for almost a week while the other stayed in the apartment to facilitate distancing because there just wasn't enough space.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea if my wife gets it, I could care less at that point if I get it or not, I’m not leaving her in the house by herself.

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

Yeah...This poo poo has me questioning whether I should re-up my sub to be honest.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yea if my wife gets it, I could care less at that point if I get it or not, I’m not leaving her in the house by herself.

The stories of how quick it goes from nothing to hospitalization makes it a no brainer. You'd never forgive yourself.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mox has means and probably a big house. And probably reasonably good health. I respect him being willing to get sick to be there for his wife, as long as he quarantines himself and doesn't endanger anyone else in the process.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

katatonic posted:

Yeah...This poo poo has me questioning whether I should re-up my sub to be honest.

I forgot to renew after I got a new debit card a few months ago and I have not missed it a ton. Dave's writing is good but I don't need it and I'm missing it less as time goes. Dave handling things badly had helped me not miss it.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Cut the cord. Did it last year, don't miss a thing. There's always YouTube of the most interesting stuff

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Every few months I cancel and redirect funds to the Post Wrestling patreon but then some huge scandal, story, or wrestling death happens and I find myself wanting to read Dave's take in the observer.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

PaybackJack posted:

Yeah I missed this post and made the mistake of listening. Immediately went to cancel my sub. Voting with my wallet. I know it's small change and it doesn't really matter, but hey every little bit helps

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Bryan describing what a jiujitsu school is like was low-key best of material.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Incessant Excess posted:

Bryan describing what a jiujitsu school is like was low-key best of material.

Would have loved for that to be in another context, yeah.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan: What are they calling the show, Dumpster Fire?
Vinny: Horror Show.
Bryan: The temerity of this company.....

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I'm a big Dave Defender, but I feel like until figures his poo poo out with the speaking out stuff, he'd be far better suited just reporting the facts and moving on. I definitely muttered "Jesus, Dave..." a couple times. He's undercutting his larger point by pulling the lever in the What If? machine way too much.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I like that Semp is calling for the WrestleUnion

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

DangerDummy! posted:

I'm a big Dave Defender, but I feel like until figures his poo poo out with the speaking out stuff, he'd be far better suited just reporting the facts and moving on. I definitely muttered "Jesus, Dave..." a couple times. He's undercutting his larger point by pulling the lever in the What If? machine way too much.

Our rape culture constantly indoctrinates people into helping to perpetuate and sustain it without even knowing what they're doing, and our traditions and institutions enforce the beliefs that behavior like the wrestler's is normal, and if something is wrong, someone must be lying or this is just a weird coincidence. Of course there are some people who understand this all very quickly, but for nearly everyone else, it's really hard to break out of it for anyone, even people who intellectually know what is happening, because for most of us we've been receiving these signals from birth. Even people who are not purposeful or ignorant shitheads can fall back into helping rape culture do its job, and it takes a lot of awareness of what you're saying or how you're acting (along with questioning impulsive bad takes one might have when hearing of news like this) to work against rape culture.

This isn't an excuse, Dave should do the work to push through this for sure. And at least on some level he's doing it because he has gotten better. Just, needs to get more better. I don't blame anyone for deciding that they are not going to support someone where he is at right now at all, although my hope is that if people continue to attempt to educate him he can continue to get over this (but it's not on anyone to have to spend their money and wait for that to happen).

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dropped a fresh Rudocast ep, it's a long one. #SpeakingOut, WWE Covid, New Japan Cup, and AEW all rolled into one. Probably won't have an episode next week but we'll see!

https://twitter.com/RudosPodcast/status/1276603747389460480

Audio versions:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-rudos-podcast/id1468336480

https://open.spotify.com/show/2SqoJSz5Ans40LZIfwFrIg?si=AyQkpWCoSR6cVEY-ypXvhg

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/hardlaser-audio/rudos-podcast?refid=stpr

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9ydWRvc3BvZGNhc3QubGlic3luLmNvbS9yc3M

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
FOLKS THIS IS NOT A DRILL THE NEW TALK IS JERICHO IS OUT FEATURING THE ORIGINAL DEATH DEALER LUTHER.

Gotta make time for this one over the weekend.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

👉🤪

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
👉😛

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

FOLKS THIS IS NOT A DRILL THE NEW TALK IS JERICHO IS OUT FEATURING THE ORIGINAL DEATH DEALER LUTHER.

Gotta make time for this one over the weekend.

I hope he sounds like Judge Doom the entire time

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1276657842926190592

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

My subscription's about to rollover, is there usually a sale this time of year?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Arbite posted:

My subscription's about to rollover, is there usually a sale this time of year?

Nope, they generally only do 1 sale a year and it's only a single month thing around Black Friday.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God bless Garrett, who has cracked the Dave code.

Garrett: So I wanna ask a question.... and I'd like to hear our guest's response first, then you can go, Dave.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Can someone post at least a vague summary of the insane newsletter or is it just "imagine how bad you think it is, and its worse" in expanded Dave text form

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, please, surmise it thanks. Not going to pay him and I really don't want to trawl reddit.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

ICHIBAHN posted:

Yeah, please, surmise it thanks. Not going to pay him and I really don't want to trawl reddit.

Summarizing that word salad is beyond me.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I never read the newsletter but I opened this one because of the "this is an important edition" talk. Are they all this long??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sometimes there are double issues