Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i think i did just figure out at least part of his lineage though........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i went to maine once

whitest place i've ever been, and i spent 1/3 of my childhood in rural alberta

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
we used to drive down to maine into new hampshire when i was a kiddo up until 2011 or so, initially because my parents found kids clothes etc were cheaper and had better selection in the 80s/90s, enough to offset the exchange rate

we also had family in new england of course

i did so as an adult because the exchange rate was pretty good for a while there and for Black Friday or because of cheap booze and my wife enjoyed shopping outlets etc.

but then the rate changed and now the border policies are turbo hosed under trump even pre-covid so i don’t see going back anytime soon

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I saw Maine across the river in Niveaux Brunswick once. that part of Canada is what I imagine Maine is like but more French.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

axolotl farmer posted:

I saw Maine across the river in Niveaux Brunswick once. that part of Canada is what I imagine Maine is like but more French.
the maritimes suck most of the year but in the summer it’s great. i went to the beach yesterday and had fresh fried clambs amd scallops, it was really really nice

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah that's pretty much maine, but we have more French people

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

nb is pretty loving french but ironically not so much in the part that borders maine

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

It was always interesting going to the beaches in Maine and seeing the disparity between the tanned and healthy Québécois and the pale and overweight Anerican tourists.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

It was always interesting going to the beaches in Maine and seeing the disparity between the tanned and healthy Québécois and the pale and overweight Anerican tourists.
the pale and overweight Quebecois can’t afford to visit the states lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Finally got my porch painted. Very satisfying.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

that is sweet as hell. very nice.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

we need to restain our back deck. maybe next year

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

looks very good. do you know what was used on the decking? i need to stain or paint ours or something.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Progressive JPEG posted:

imperial units are formally defined against, and therefore dependent upon, metric units

explain the "foot" then

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
im a superdeck guy https://www.superdeck.com/

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

explain the "foot" then

304.8mm, exactly

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

President Beep posted:

looks very good. do you know what was used on the decking? i need to stain or paint ours or something.

PPG Flood, redwood color I think.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

here come all the dads to chat about decks and deck maintenance :rolleyes:

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Uptime Sinclair posted:

my back deck is always stained if you know what I mean

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jaded Burnout posted:

my back deck is always stained if you know what I mean

Eat more fibre.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

should have used hot dog stand colors

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i just bought myself a blood pressure machine :qq:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

does your blood work

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
marginally

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

enjoy your newly pressurized blood, echi

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Uptime Sinclair posted:

superdeck imo

https://www.superdeck.com/product/semi-transparent-stain-waterborne-2400/

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

enjoy your newly pressurized blood, echi

i’ve just started my first antihypertensive 🤯

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

i’ve just started my first antihypertensive 🤯

goongrats

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
i've been bouncing from blood pressure medication to blood pressure medication for a year and a half now trying to find one that actually works but doesn't give me migraine auras, it's a gently caress

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i get migraine auras a couple times a year

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
i go through periods where i have them almost every day and then i don't have them for weeks. getting an mri when i get back to frankfurt just to make sure my brain's in straight, but the neurologist already said "if it's been going on for a year and you're still alive it's probably not a tumor" so that's good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

you post here. of course your brain ain’t right

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

turn it off then on again, OP.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

will investigate ty rotor

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fart simpson posted:

you post here. of course your brain ain’t right

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I got migraine auras all the time as a kid

I still do, but now they come with migraines afterwards instead of just messing with my vision

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Achmed Jones posted:

I got migraine auras all the time as a kid

I still do, but now they come with migraines afterwards instead of just messing with my vision

mine just mess with my vision

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ive had both auras and migraines since i was a kid but now i know to take a few advil when my visions feels funny and head it off early

what sucks is when they stick around to the next morning

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've talked with tons of migraine havers and the variety and breadth of drugs is impressive

one I can think of at the moment

prochloperazine
sumatriptan/rizatriptan
sandomigran
caffiene/ergotamine
propranolol
codeine
paracetamol
ibuprofen
doxylamine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

echinopsis posted:

I've talked with tons of migraine havers and the variety and breadth of drugs is impressive

one I can think of at the moment

prochloperazine
sumatriptan/rizatriptan
sandomigran
caffiene/ergotamine
propranolol
codeine
paracetamol
ibuprofen
doxylamine

Have you tried suckadongandlol?