Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

What if WWE is intentionally becoming super infected so that all wrestling in Florida gets shut down including AEW because they think AEW won't survive not being on TV for a few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
This WWE branded DLC of Plague Inc sucks

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

What if WWE is intentionally becoming super infected so that all wrestling in Florida gets shut down including AEW because they think AEW won't survive not being on TV for a few months.

It's ok, they gave Britt a perspex box.

E; re-read your post and my joke no longer makes sense so pretend I said something clever about the nightmare factory being in Georgia instead...

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

STAC Goat posted:

I did find out that Fox is doing a show about Alexa spying on you so that's funny.

:alexa:

If this truly is the end of Taker's career, it's absolutely hilarious how badly he hosed up not retiring years ago after a big Wrestlemania match and an arena of fans cheering him and instead having his last match be a taped affair and his sendoff being a bunch of wrestlers chanting for him in an empty gym while they wonder if they have a deadly virus.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
other than AJ popping outta the coffin, the bone zone doesn't age well at all

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I saw AJ and Doc Gallows fighting Taker around a motorcycle and suddenly I had this image of an Aces & Eights vs Disciples of Apocalypse gang war and thought about a TEW game but then remembered half of those guys are literal nazis.

Hirez posted:

other than AJ popping outta the coffin, the bone zone doesn't age well at all

Yeah, I'm really not seeing the big deal. Like, its a brawl at Bray Wyatt's cabin.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Okay, this is just dreaming, but let's pretend that it gets SOOOOO bad that Vince sells WWE (or at least his majority stocks) as a means to throw the fire at someone else, who would buy it? I can only think of three: Shad Khan because that would be hilarious to me or either Disney or Amazon because they are soulless enitities trying to fill a void that can never be fulfilled.

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 27, 2020

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Re-show Taker vs Punk, cowards

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Waffleopolis posted:

Okay, this is just a dreaming, but let's pretend that it gets SOOOOO bad that Vince sells WWE (or at least his majority stocks) as a means to throw the fire at someone else, who would buy it? I can only think of three: Shad Khan because that would be hilarious to me or either Disney or Amazon because they are soulless enitities trying to fill a void that can never be fulfilled.

Laughing forever at the idea of Triple H kissing rear end literally almost his entire life for WWE only to be kicked out by the new owners.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a consortium headed by magic johnson

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Cavauro posted:

a consortium headed by magic johnson Eric Bischoff

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Cavauro posted:

a consortium headed by Jeffery of YOSPOS

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017
Donald Trump re-signs from the Presidency, buys the WWE, Josh Hawley gets the Republican nomination and smokes Joe Biden in the election.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Waffleopolis posted:

Okay, this is just dreaming, but let's pretend that it gets SOOOOO bad that Vince sells WWE (or at least his majority stocks) as a means to throw the fire at someone else, who would buy it? I can only think of three: Shad Khan because that would be hilarious to me or either Disney or Amazon because they are soulless enitities trying to fill a void that can never be fulfilled.

I've said it before but I think people grossly overrate the value of WWE when they theorize about Disney or Amazon buying them. Its a rapidly declining circus with mountains of scandals and problems, that openly violates labor law, that has decades of racism and abuse and murder attached. It seems like an absolute quagmire for a major corporation to buy that would cost a ton of extra money to modernize and bring up to code and suddenly people would care because people who don't care about WWE DO care about Disney. And all for a business that's struggling to figure out how to turn around momentum even with their industry experience.

The WWE library ain't worth that much. If it was the Network would be doing better.

If WWE sold it would get bought, but I think it would be a MUCH less impressive sale. Look at what happened to WCW.

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017
Being able to openly violate labor law and get away with it is a positive to a prospective owner, not a negative.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Are there any matches scheduled tonight? If not, why have people stand together near the ring cheering for the Undertaker?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

first time I've ever liked Corbin lol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Some of the hostages are wearing masks now

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

HPJoker posted:

Being able to openly violate labor law and get away with it is a positive to a prospective owner, not a negative.

They won't get away with it if they're Disney or Amazon, though. WWE gets away with it because they're a joke and no one besides wrestling fans care if they live or die or even really remember they exist most of the time. Disney is a massive global corporation that has political and corporate enemies and competitors and if they run a subsidiary that is riddled with the problems WWE is, especially legal labor questions but also all the scandals and abuses, someone's gonna make a thing of that and its gonna stick.

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017
Amazon is violating labor law right now and getting away with it.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Nothing WWE has ever done is more criminal than Amazon's continuing treatment of warehouse workers, up to and including killing Owen Hart. Amazon kills its workers due to negligence/outright malice like, quarterly.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

HPJoker posted:

Amazon is violating labor law right now and getting away with it.

But they're seeing conflict and fighting it and they're doing it because they're turning massive profits.

WWE ain't remotely worth the hassle. That's what wrestling fans don't get, I think. Its a niche product.

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017

STAC Goat posted:

But they're seeing conflict and fighting it and they're doing it because they're turning massive profits.

WWE ain't remotely worth the hassle. That's what wrestling fans don't get, I think. Its a niche product.

I'm sorry that you've never looked at WWE's quarterly reports and don't understand that Amazon gets away with abusing their employees every day with no repercussions.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bayley and Sasha are still great.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Amazon or Disney could and have gotten away with labor abuse far worse than WWE.

They won't buy it though because its not really going to push numbers on any of their streaming services and they can't turn it into a synergistic media empire because that's what wwe has tried for years and keeps failing to do. Also Disney is supposedly done with buying up properties for a while, no idea if that's actually true.

Edit: I just looked and so far Disney hasn't moved from saying they're reopening parks in July.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 27, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

HPJoker posted:

I'm sorry that you've never looked at WWE's quarterly reports and don't understand that Amazon gets away with abusing their employees every day with no repercussions.
A quick search says WWE made $291 million in Q1 2020 and Amazon made $75.5 billion.

You're pretending I'm ignoring or defending Amazon's practices when I'm saying WWE isn't worth the hassle for the comparatively tiny amount of return they'd bring.

As Gumball said the only real value I see WWE have is as a streaming library and the WWE Network is actively proving that's not a worthwhile investment.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 27, 2020

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1276682438811533312

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
After he was released from the hospital he should've be released from the company.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Those school buses make sudden stops Dream

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Erebus posted:

Hahahahahahaha

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I'm the 8 man tag in the middle of a superspreader event

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Erebus posted:

:drat:

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Erebus posted:

:drat:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Erebus posted:

:vince:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

An independent investigation confirmed Dream didn’t snap the track together properly

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

a hospital is more willing to release Dream than WWE is

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
J-Ru's going to be adding a lot more "fave posts" after these past few hours.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Dream should've listened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Petit Gregory posted:

Dream should've listened

DAAAAAMMN