Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

the worst game of dota I ever played our team got megas at like 20 minutes and the game went on for 2 and a half hours, our naga still had 1000 gpm at the end though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinspork
Jun 20, 2004

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED
i won a game when my team got mega'd early and our team had like over a hundred hods in the fountain with converted megas forming walls on each lane

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Iambic Pentameter posted:

I'm sure the banter in the booths is usually pretty tame, but do you have any interesting stories of stuff you heard the players say?

Eh, at this point nothing in particular stands out in my mind as something memorable a player said, especially since only half of the teams would use english to talk to each other. It was easy to get a sense of how the game was going regardless from the tone of their voice. 'gently caress' is the universal swearword. More than once there was a game where one person on the team was just being incredibly defeatist and toxic at that point in the tournament, and their team would tell them to shut up.

It's a totally different experience being in a booth with a team that is winning. I've never heard people scream so loudly and excitedly about video games.

Eleine is awesome and is a good friend I met through TI. We spent a lot of time at TI together trolling around the event chatting about all the awful people eSports brings. It does not surprise me to hear this about Demon.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Liquid is playing out of their minds

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Liquid clearly did their homework for this series

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think Liquid let the game get too long

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

nevermind lol

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i now have the queen of pain arcana and it feels like what her model would be as a baseline if the game was released this year, lmao

anyways, it rules. technically i have the skeleton king thing as well but that's such a boring loving hero.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Kuroky with the pos 5 jungle support Lycan vs FTM.

Yeah why not, guess that's the price we have to pay for a w33 Windranger.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
On the upside, it looks like Lowtax is passing SA to other mods. We can keep shitposting here!

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

the worst game of dota I ever played our team got megas at like 20 minutes and the game went on for 2 and a half hours, our naga still had 1000 gpm at the end though.

i had a game very long ago where I was like 26-1-15 on anti-mage, my one death was when I bought a rapier to flex for no reason, got immediately 5v1d, had no buyback, and my team all just died.

Definitely my best worst performance

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
general the clockwerk god

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Johnny Joestar posted:

i now have the queen of pain arcana and it feels like what her model would be as a baseline if the game was released this year, lmao

anyways, it rules. technically i have the skeleton king thing as well but that's such a boring loving hero.

The little riff it plays when you get a kill or reincarnate is awesome, though.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
carry shaker lol

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Acerbatus posted:

The little riff it plays when you get a kill or reincarnate is awesome, though.

I'm a fan of the melee range alternative whip animation.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Sampatrick posted:

carry shaker lol

RIP the 2/8/11 carry shaker

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ILL Machina posted:

I'm a fan of the melee range alternative whip animation.

I think he was talking about the WK arcana there but yes this is my favorite part of the QoP arcana

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I think he was talking about the WK arcana there but yes this is my favorite part of the QoP arcana

Oooo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

After the carry shaker went so well in game one, Miracle is now playing Bounty Hunter in game two

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

After the carry shaker went so well in game one, Miracle is now playing Bounty Hunter in game two

i dont like to make this excuse, but theyre literally not trying to win

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This game is maximum clown and I love it

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
are 4 zoomers good? the parts look mediocre but they always seem to do well against the other random bad na teams when i see them play.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Big Leg posted:

are 4 zoomers good? the parts look mediocre but they always seem to do well against the other random bad na teams when i see them play.

theyre high variance, even in the middle of games. sometimes they are very good, sometimes they are very bad.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Monkey's brood does it again

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Pooky posted:

Monkey's brood does it again

You are playing against Zoomers.

You do not ban Brood because you can counter it.

Zoomers instantly picks Brood.

You lose against Zoomers.

You ban Brood next time you play against Zoomers because you're not stupid

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
thank you monkey's brood for defeating the notorious sex pest enabling e-sports organization Evil Geniuses

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I inexplicably have a desire to play dota again, is it worth buying the battle pass still or will I not get much out of it at this point without spending big bucks?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it should be going on through most of september, iirc, which should be plenty of time if you want to get some stuff. not sure how much the summer event will pay out in terms of levels. there's the bundles for 120 levels each that are 30 bucks and you can buy two of them, which is neat.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Taffer posted:

I inexplicably have a desire to play dota again, is it worth buying the battle pass still or will I not get much out of it at this point without spending big bucks?

You can do everything battle pass related with a level one pass, but you won't get any of the cool stuff (personas, arcanas, tvoice lines, etc) without spending more money, outside of maybe a few treasures.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah i have genuine doubts as to how much of the cool poo poo someone can reliably reach without paying more money. we technically don't have the full picture yet, i guess, but we probably have at least like 75% of it and you're probably gonna have to pony up for any of the arcana/personas for sure.

getting that qop arcana is literally the only whaling i'll ever do for this game, lmao

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

if you go super hard (complete both caverns, do as many guild contracts as possible, wager properly) you can probably get to like 150-200 but missing the first month hurts

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I think it's honestly closer to 150 maximum if you grind out absolutely everything from day one from what's on offer now.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Playing on a regular basis can probably net you ~75-100 levels from wagering, cavern crawl, and the other achievement stuff. There'll be some more levels from the summer event/gamemode but don't expect to get the cool stuff unless you spend a bunch of money.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Taffer posted:

the battle pass has never, ever given a realistic way to gain lots of points, and they get worse at it each year, but this is especially true if you start at level 1. In 2016 (i think) I got to level 85-100 and that was buying it on day 1.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
i got a battle pass for free this year but reallyy dont feel like spending ~$180+ for skins, esp when ive barely played dota as of late

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Just remember the two level bundles @75% off are only available through the end of the weekend.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ragingsheep posted:

I think it's honestly closer to 150 maximum if you grind out absolutely everything from day one from what's on offer now.

I've gained about 75 levels so far from in game stuff, but only have roughly half the first floor of cavern crawl done. So between the rest of that, contracts (which I have more of per day now than I started with), and the summer event, I could see another 125 if I actually went after it.

I am not going to do that though. But I could :v:

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I've only gained about 38 levels with 80% of the first cavern.

I forgot about bets at the start of games so if you're good at winning, there's a few levels there.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

first game back i got flamed by slacks, who then intentionally fed

ah, the dota i remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
the classic 1/1/1 lanes with two jungling cores on both teams. thats how china b-tier does it