Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Nipponophile posted:

According to WON, WWE has figured out how to deal with the travel restrictions put in place by New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut: They'll fly talent in to Philly and have them drive home.

Lmao no way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Nipponophile posted:

According to WON, WWE has figured out how to deal with the travel restrictions put in place by New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut: They'll fly talent in to Philly and have them drive home.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Nipponophile posted:

I don't quite get this. Aside from management, do a lot of wrestlers live in NY, NJ, or Connecticut? They can't just fly them home?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Hopefully it ends with Shrek chasing them off while yelling "What are you doing in my swamp?!"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They're gonna at least pay for the car and fu..ahahah of course they'll make the talent pay for those cars

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

During the Fightful recap of SD and the day's events a few minutes ago, Sean Ross Sapp expanded more regarding the tweets about Velveteen Dream today

TL;DR recap of the audio is it's probably the most underlooked fuckup WWE's had all year continuing to employ him just to this point, he won't last much longer, and it's probably to the benefit of both that the inevitable firing happen ASAP before poo poo gets worse

Beyond all the accusations that have been made public, the infamous audio from the first one, etc there's a lot of stuff going around that will come out eventually that's also bad

This has been building for a long time. Last year there was a warrant for his arrest because he went bonkers and assaulted a stranger's car. WWE would look the other way because they thought if he ever got his poo poo together offscreen they'd have someone impressive onscreen to partially build around years from now; the exact opposite's happened and his behavior's actively gotten worse, in a way that feels like he's been enabled by sticking around despite it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

I don't quite get this. Aside from management, do a lot of wrestlers live in NY, NJ, or Connecticut? They can't just fly them home?

Those states are banning direct flights from Texas and Florida as they don't want another large outbreak

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Someone post the Bayley interview where the reporter was aghast at how wwe treated the wrestlers

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

SatoshiMiwa posted:

By the end of this pandemic we're gonna have enough entries for a NY Covid 128 tourney god drat

It’s barely half of 2020 and we have plenty of entries.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

This has been building for a long time. Last year there was a warrant for his arrest because he went bonkers and assaulted a stranger's car. WWE would look the other way because they thought if he ever got his poo poo together offscreen they'd have someone impressive onscreen to partially build around years from now; the exact opposite's happened and his behavior's actively gotten worse, in a way that feels like he's been enabled by sticking around despite it

While the grooming allegations came out they booked him for no reason into a street fight surrounded by cars to damage.

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017

oldpainless posted:

Someone post the Bayley interview where the reporter was aghast at how wwe treated the wrestlers

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1150120053947412480

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
honestly gently caress velveteen dream, but the dude sounds like he needs rehab or a therapist or whatever in regards to the violent outbursts & paranoia he has in his past that are unrelated to his sex crime stuff

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017
replace pedophile dream with fan favorite ZZ

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Does that wristband say All In?

What did he know? :crossarms:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Those states are banning direct flights from Texas and Florida as they don't want another large outbreak

Right, but do any wrestlers live in those states? I guess some might, but don't most live in Florida or Texas or the general south?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

honestly gently caress velveteen dream, but the dude sounds like he needs rehab or a therapist or whatever in regards to the violent outbursts & paranoia he has in his past that are unrelated to his sex crime stuff

Yeah, this is still scummy on WWE's part too. They're just jettisoning a liability to get scooped up by another company. No care for his victims or him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

"Well there's 30 of us, they can't do it for all of us 5 days a wee-"

"Yes they loving can!"

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

1glitch0 posted:

Right, but do any wrestlers live in those states? I guess some might, but don't most live in Florida or Texas or the general south?

Pretty much all the WWE executives live in Connecticut and have been flying down for the tapings.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Wait when did Bray Wyatt switch from being a creepy children's show host back into being a swamp based cult leader? Does the Fiend still exist?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1276696530657910790
I can look at a different thing each time this gif loops and laugh at something new.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

NorgLyle posted:

Wait when did Bray Wyatt switch from being a creepy children's show host back into being a swamp based cult leader? Does the Fiend still exist?

They’re trying to do a similar thing to Matt Hardy in AEW and have him switch between gimmicks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NorgLyle posted:

They're doing a "we have no ideas, the champ's someone we don't want, and it's summer so nobody's watching anyway" stretch of non-activity; first Braun had a title match with Bray as the Mr Rogers knockoff, now Braun's doing a non-title match with Bray as the prophet he used to be, finally it'll end with Braun doing a title match with Bray as the Fiend where they give Fiend the belt back a year after he first won it like that'll solve all the issues people had

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Glad Undertaker is passing the torch so that young whippersnapper Jeff Hardy can finally get a win.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Next Wednesday is the 18th anniversary of the Taker-Jeff ladder match where Hardy almost made himself famous.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

We talk a lot about unions but the biggest reason a union would never work in wrestling is simply because you will never, ever, get a company full of wrestlers to mutually commit to not wrestling for any significant period of time. Sometimes I think the only people who care less about the lives of WWE wrestlers than WWE is the wrestlers themselves.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
mick foley did the switching between gimmicks thing first

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

KungFu Grip posted:

mick foley did the switching between gimmicks thing first
I think it's less than a who did it first thing, and why are WWE doing it right after AEW did (Much like another handful of things that WWE coincidentally does, like AEW books a Cage Match and then NXT books TWO cage matches)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Bray was still switching between Funhouse Bray and Fiend Bray before Matt was even released, counting Swamp Bray showing up at Wrestlemania with the Cena thing

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Swamp Bray owned, it was the last cheap-rear end halloween costume I bothered to make for myself

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Matt and Bray also teamed up, so it wouldn't be surprising if they both spitballed the idea between themselves on different personas.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
gently caress this company.

They have a mass COVID infection and they still feel the need to fill the ring so that they can clap at a photo of Undertaker?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

RealFoxy posted:

I think it's less than a who did it first thing, and why are WWE doing it right after AEW did (Much like another handful of things that WWE coincidentally does, like AEW books a Cage Match and then NXT books TWO cage matches)

Who's excited for the great american bash night 1 and night 2?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

this is incredibly funny and petty imo

just remembered it sucks that the last wwe match i watched and enjoyed was thatcher vs riddle in the NXT FIT PIT

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ah that was a nice sleep, oh look there's 120 new posts in the WWE thread, let's read that. I'll just take a big sip from my mug of coffee first...

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Rarity posted:

Ah that was a nice sleep, oh look there's 120 new posts in the WWE thread, let's read that. I'll just take a big sip from my mug of coffee first...

*Triple H entrance gif*

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It’s amazing that Hunter hasn’t had a match in the year and he still burying wrestlers

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Blaise330 posted:

Well so long as they don't have covid, the women's 4 way should be good. So should Keith Lee against Adam Cole baybay.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Golden Bee posted:

It’s amazing that Hunter hasn’t had a match in the year and he still burying wrestlers

WWE wrestlers who contract COVID will be handed a shovel (which the wrestler has to pay for) and told to bury themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!