Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Feel bad that KUSHIDA made his US move before AEW started. I don't really care for AEW but I think they'd have done him better than literally throwing him in the garbage.

Did he decide to sign with WWE way before January? 'Cause man, he left NJPW basically right after AEW was announced and he did his little crowd appearance like a month before Double or Nothing. I feel like maybe he should've just chilled in NJPW for another few months and waited to see how AEW played out before he made his decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

Did he decide to sign with WWE way before January? 'Cause man, he left NJPW basically right after AEW was announced and he did his little crowd appearance like a month before Double or Nothing. I feel like maybe he should've just chilled in NJPW for another few months and waited to see how AEW played out before he made his decision.

His contract had ended I think so he couldn't really stay in NJPW any longer without committing more time

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah he made his decision long before AEW was officially announced, which is why Ishimori basically squashed him at the Dome when it was time to drop the junior belt

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

His contract had ended I think so he couldn't really stay in NJPW any longer without committing more time

Lots of guys do NJPW on a tour-by-tour basis. Granted, it's mostly the foreigners, but I gotta believe it would've been an option for Kushida if he wanted it.

Benne posted:

Yeah he made his decision long before AEW was officially announced, which is why Ishimori basically squashed him at the Dome when it was time to drop the junior belt

Dude, I was so hyped for that match and then it basically just loving ended right when it was getting good. Story of WK13. :sigh:

At least they got to blow up a kid for his entrance.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

I dunno, New Japan does have guys who are essentially freelancers.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I recently got an iPad Air and when I watch njpwworld via Safari, I noticed (during a surprisingly good yoshi hashi/tenzan match) that the audio and video are out of sync. Has anyone else had the same problem and are there any suggestions how to watch on an iPad in a way where this doesn't happen?

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Incessant Excess posted:

I recently got an iPad Air and when I watch njpwworld via Safari, I noticed (during a surprisingly good yoshi hashi/tenzan match) that the audio and video are out of sync. Has anyone else had the same problem and are there any suggestions how to watch on an iPad in a way where this doesn't happen?

Edit:
It’s a known iOS issue

https://njpwworld.com/feature/maintenance2

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pro Wrestling Sheet says TNA have been heavily pursuing Gallows and Anderson and offered them deals that would let them work New Japan

Hopefully they don't go back to just Bullet Club, but maybe that's just me that doesn't want that

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Nah, that’d feel like a boring default unless it turned into something interesting with a Jay White rivalry. But even then I’d rather see that story get told with KENTA. Make them the senior LA Dojo guys so that the Young Lions don’t have to carry all the load.

Although as a new NJPW fan I’m getting the impression that Gedo doesn’t actually care much about faction-oriented story. Which is fine.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Gallows/Anderson were getting stale as gently caress the last time they were around. Maybe Anderson still has something to offer as a singles guy, but I have less than zero interest in them just taking up space in the tag division again.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chris James 2 posted:

Hopefully they don't go back to just Bullet Club, but maybe that's just me that doesn't want that

It would be weird if the only two full-time heavyweight tag teams were both in the same faction

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Thanks, I should have done some more research, part of the reason I got a new tablet was because my old one didn't work well with njpwworld. :negative:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gallows/Anderson rejoining Bullet Club would be good but only if they ended up crashing AEW and trying to destroy the Bucks and Omega/Page for leaving

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Gallows/Anderson rejoining Bullet Club would be good but only if they ended up crashing AEW and trying to destroy the Bucks and Omega/Page for leaving

Oh god, the original Bullet Club/Elite split angle was painful enough, let's not.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

I'm sorry, are they saying Yoshi-Hashi fights with his HEART? Guy looks like he wouldn't bother kicking out of a body slam.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

I'm sorry, are they saying Yoshi-Hashi fights with his HEART? Guy looks like he wouldn't bother kicking out of a body slam.

It's literal, you get so much of his blood on you when you fight him.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

He ran so hard to go protect Okada from Jay White that he tripped and took himself out of action for like two months

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Oh, this makes a lot of sense actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDStulw2oPs

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

YOSHI-HASHI's heart being so not so much fire but just being there is very much the wrestling year in summary

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yoshi the dinosaur, and hashbrowns. Okay?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
YOSHI-HASHI is less about getting back up in the fiery fighting comeback sense and more in the dragging your hungover rear end out of bed sense.

But that too requires a lot of heart.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

"YOSHI-HASHI! Finish him!"

"uhh?" *picks up guy and stands there motionless and confused*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love the commentator going,"THOSE LEFT ON THE NJPW SIDE ARE TANAHASHI :supaburn: ......and yoshi-hashi."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

He didn't get back up :(

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

are we gonna have to re-name the Muta Scale?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

anime tacos is 100% on the gas

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

So, let me get this straight: the worse Yoshi-Hashi's opponent, the better the match?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/sport-others/pro-wrestlers-open-the-lock-tokyo-njpw-suplex-6479579/

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Power Windows posted:

So, let me get this straight: the worse Yoshi-Hashi's opponent, the better the match?

He also had very good matches with Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi in the past. Yoshi-Hashi is impossible to figure out.

I was at the New York City show where he wrestled KENTA. People really wanted to cheer him. He just...gave us no reason to do so.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Price Check posted:

He also had very good matches with Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi in the past. Yoshi-Hashi is impossible to figure out.

I was at the New York City show where he wrestled KENTA. People really wanted to cheer him. He just...gave us no reason to do so.

I was in the section where there was the very loud man who decided to scream for Yoshi-Hashi and try and get everyone else doing it too. I'm 90% sure he was doing it ironically.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

AlmightyPants posted:

I was in the section where there was the very loud man who decided to scream for Yoshi-Hashi and try and get everyone else doing it too. I'm 90% sure he was doing it ironically.

The guy with the ponytail, right? Yeah, I really don't think that guy was doing it ironically. He was heavy into Yoshi-Hashi.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
I was in the section where a group of guys was trying to get a "New Yosh City" chant going.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

The guy with the ponytail, right? Yeah, I really don't think that guy was doing it ironically. He was heavy into Yoshi-Hashi.

Yeah, that guy. Regardless of the irony of it, I respect his energy. I'd still be hoarse screaming that loud for that long.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

AlmightyPants posted:

Yeah, that guy. Regardless of the irony of it, I respect his energy. I'd still be hoarse screaming that loud for that long.
I know the guy who was sitting next to him yelled at me to shut the gently caress up after I cheered on KENTA. I shot that dude a look, both of them realized they hosed up, and kinda calmed themselves down. I know ponytail guy came up after the match and apologized for it, though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

I know the guy who was sitting next to him yelled at me to shut the gently caress up after I cheered on KENTA. I shot that dude a look, both of them realized they hosed up, and kinda calmed themselves down. I know ponytail guy came up after the match and apologized for it, though.

Cowards.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I remember last year there was that weird Israeli superfan who went to every joshi show for like a month straight and kept trying to get his obnoxious chants over, making such an rear end of himself that wrestlers were literally pausing matches and breaking character trying to get him to shut the gently caress up.

I'm sure it's happened before, maybe even recently with the big influx of Western fans making Korakuen a tourist destination, but you don't hear many stories of them raising hell at an NJPW show. Do they have to get security involved when someone gets too drunk and unruly, or are a couple dozen salarymen staring daggers at them enough to shut them down?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Benne posted:

I remember last year there was that weird Israeli superfan who went to every joshi show for like a month straight and kept trying to get his obnoxious chants over, making such an rear end of himself that wrestlers were literally pausing matches and breaking character trying to get him to shut the gently caress up.

I'm sure it's happened before, maybe even recently with the big influx of Western fans making Korakuen a tourist destination, but you don't hear many stories of them raising hell at an NJPW show. Do they have to get security involved when someone gets too drunk and unruly, or are a couple dozen salarymen staring daggers at them enough to shut them down?

He was at an NJPW show, being obnoxious supporting Bad Luck Fale of all people. He was also at this year's WK but thankfully due to the Dome being so huge he only annoyed the people immediately around him.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

He was at an NJPW show, being obnoxious supporting Bad Luck Fale of all people. He was also at this year's WK but thankfully due to the Dome being so huge he only annoyed the people immediately around him.

Yeah, I think it was at a BOSJ show or something (can't remember which one, but it was definitely Korakuen) where you kept hearing random English-language chants on the feed, and once people noticed that others came in and were like "oh yeah, that rear end in a top hat from the joshi show last week" and it became a story.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It sometimes happens with other people. I remember for sure Juice Robinson telling a foreign guy to shut the gently caress up at an NJPW Cup show I went to.

I think other promotions get it worse when the foreigners come over because people come over to see NJPW and then buy tickets to other shows and get drunk/bored because they're not that into it and make nuisances of themselves.

The most annoying experience I've had was at a BJW show where a big group behind me would not shut up about loving NXT the whole show and giving their star ratings to each match as if anyone in the world would care. I also had Meltzer in front of me at AJPW and people would keep coming up to him to pay respects, but that was funny enough that the occasional blocking of my view was no big deal. It was fun to see him mark out for Kento/KAI too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

My interactions in terms of foreign fans (or being one) were both happily positive.

- harperdc, Sanguinia and I were on our way to the Tokyo Dome and passed some Japanese fans, one of whom spotted Sanguinia's Bullet Club shirt and remarked in passing,"Too sweet me, bro."
- The very polite man sitting next to me in the Dome said,"Sumimasen" in a very thick German accent when he wanted to get past to go to the bathroom.