Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Jono C posted:

Thanks for setting that up. I hope it doesn’t come to that, but if it does and not everyone makes it to the other side, I’d like to say you’re all a great bunch of cunts I love talking league with.

It has been an honour to share my epic meltdowns with you folks and hope to continue doing so in some form going forward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Vagabundo posted:

I am disgusted that the avatars I purchased for iajanus, Jono C and Smorgasbord for my own amusement have, even in a small way, enabled an abuser. I wish this poo poo had come to light earlier, and I am disgusted with myself for having contributed towards that shitcunt’s lifestyle in any way.

Eh, I would not be too hard on yourself. We've all given cash to the man.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Vagabundo posted:

and I am disgusted with myself for having contributed towards that shitcunt’s lifestyle in any way.

This also sums up.how I felt when I watched Greg Bird.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

so guys

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Our jerseys are loving terrible. We deserve to lose for those alone.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i’m a fan, except gently caress off cameron

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

bowmore posted:

i’m a fan, except gently caress off cameron

Smith or Munster? Oh wait they can both gently caress off. Brendan Smith is cool though.

E: I have no idea why I felt the need to mention Brendan Smith. I’m not even drunk.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

gently caress. Feels a lot like Kearney’s old game plan is in play. Lots of possession and completions, no points. One average kick and they score thirty seconds later.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It's the gameplan of the team with no actual plan. Just hold onto the ball and hopefully it'll all work out

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

It's the gameplan of the team with no actual plan. Just hold onto the ball and hopefully it'll all work out

No, that was Kearney’s actual game plan, which we executed to perfection. When we had Johnson we scored points despite it. Now we hardly score and get smashed regularly.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

It's Tommy 99 again.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

MiniSune posted:

It's Tommy 99 again.

It figures that Kearney would steal a poo poo game plan from a poo poo coach from 20 years ago.

Do we get any credit for injuring half of the Storm squad?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

No, that was Kearney’s actual game plan, which we executed to perfection. When we had Johnson we scored points despite it. Now we hardly score and get smashed regularly.

Oh I know it was, I was just making GBS threads on it

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

Eh I'd give a point.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

It figures that Kearney would steal a poo poo game plan from a poo poo coach from 20 years ago.

yes

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

You're welcome, I guess.

gently caress 2020 in every way shape and form.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

loving car crash game

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
back to being trash I see

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

bowmore posted:

back to being trash I see

It's OK to cry.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
The absolute state of the Broncos

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I've never seen a team this poo poo and I played on a team that didn't win a game all season one year.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Even this probably won't get Seibold sacked, the fat useless oval office.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Warriors/Broncos next week is going to be a cripple fight.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
On a positive note at least Matt Lodge got injured

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The cherry on top of a hilarious cake

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Tigers upside down 9th

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Look we just love the shape of the number

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

I only get like one game a week but it was a golden point game and that was fun. wish I really understood why a team will suddenly go on a run but that's part of the magic of sports I guess

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

oystertoadfish posted:

I only get like one game a week but it was a golden point game and that was fun. wish I really understood why a team will suddenly go on a run but that's part of the magic of sports I guess

League players have the brains of goldfish so have a boom/bust cycle that can be measured in minutes

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

I liked that raiders fella who flipped off Parra fans
more of that sort of thing

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/nocontextnrl/status/1277806421136904192?s=21

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Bateman has told Canberra he's out at the end of the season and Ricky has gone nuclear.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...06266ca8b5f6495

fuckfoxsports posted:

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart has urged the NRL to crack down on player managers, publicly lashing Isaac Moses after he was able to force John Bateman out of the Raiders.

On Tuesday Canberra confirmed that they had agreed to let Bateman walk out on the last year of his contract to seek better offers.

It comes after Bateman linked with Moses in the build-up to last year’s grand final.

Since then the Englishman has asked for four releases, something he has continued to deny after foxsports.com.aurevealed he had been seeking to leave the Green Machine.

Now he has his wish, Canberra are free to scout the market for potential replacements.

And on Tuesday Stuart, whose side face the Dragons on Friday, said he was proud of the stand Canberra had taken.

“It was always going to happen,” said Stuart. “I am proud of the club that they put a timeline on him.

“We knew what was going to happen and to (CEO Don Furner) Don’s credit he put a timeline on his manager and we got what we knew was coming. It’s really disappointing.”
Stuart continued, saying that the game needed to do more to protect clubs.

The likes of Ryan Matterson have thrown their toys out of the pram in recent months, and Stuart says that the Bateman departure was another example of the game needing to do more.

“John is a big part of the squad and he’s a world class player so to lose him really disappoints me because we here at the club have worked so hard to build a strong roster,” he said.

“And then you have players getting pulled out of it the way John has, [it’s] really disappointed me.

“It disappoints me the way the game allows it. I feel as though the game really needs to help clubs in regards to how we have to deal with certain managers over the way they agitate clubs and how they manipulate communications and negotiations to suit them and them only.

“It’s not always in the best interest of the player and it disappoints me because its so hard to build a strong roster.”

Stuart also said he was glad that Canberra had fronted up, rather than allowing their club to be overrun by the control of powerful agents.

Moses, who is appealing to keep his NRL registration, is known to have a large number of clients at the Warriors and Brisbane.

“I’m proud that the club has taken a strong stance,” Stuart added.

The last thing that we are going to be is a club such as the Warriors or the Broncos where they’ve been ruined by manipulation and agitation of roster.”

gently caress Isaac Moses I hope he gets banned for life.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I hope Bateman stays in the NRL and doesn't go back to the super league

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
The same Ricky Stuart who fired 13 eels players mid season? Oh yeah, but its just the players who should be loyal... riiiight

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Saul Goode posted:

The same Ricky Stuart who fired 13 eels players mid season? Oh yeah, but its just the players who should be loyal... riiiight

Hahah I almost forgot Ricky's mass sacking by powerpoint

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Why do I hear Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

Hahah I almost forgot Ricky's mass sacking by powerpoint

That was one of the all time great moments. He completely torpedoed that year's team, plus it pushed the club into their cap rort after he left.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

That was one of the all time great moments. He completely torpedoed that year's team, plus it pushed the club into their cap rort after he left.

Sadly they were able to get that boat off the bottom of the ocean rather than letting it rot there for the rest of eternity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ill never get angry at players chasing dosh. I. An understand why coaches would be frustrated by managers being vampires and getting in their ear though.