Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

awesmoe posted:

the classic 1/1/1 lanes with two jungling cores on both teams. thats how china b-tier does it

I'm pretty sure I saw the same thing in a Nigma game a week or so ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I don't think I would call vici and rng b-tier

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Red Red Blue posted:

I don't think I would call vici and rng b-tier
yeah you're right, rng mayyybe but vici just isnt

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Secret struggling to close this one out.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bgk3qYxdeJ3oTaYxKY4gv4rv7uUYsMNpTB38A_yRrTs/mobilebasic

"The truth about Paul 'Redeye' Chaloner & Code Red."

https://twitter.com/PaulChaloner/status/1276918503346495491

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Yeah it's a weird rambling manifesto that seems to mostly amount to three claims:
1) redeye thought I was incompetent and that was bad for me
2) redeye is a bit of a dick to people who work for him sometimes
3) redeye punched someone

3 is explicitly denied, and 1 and 2... aren't really that bad? Certainly not in the category of accusations of abuse that Banks is trying to piggyback to pursue his agenda. I can totally believe that redeye is the sort of guy who will be a complete sick to you if you gently caress up, but his whole job on panels is to give other people moments to shine and that doesn't mean with the picture being painted.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yeah it seems weird. But redeye definitely gives off the psychopath vibe so I have no doubt he's hosed a fair few people over.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Being abusive in the workplace should definitely carry some penalty. Its not on the same scale as the other accusations recently for sure but if all the things that were claimed WERE true I'd suggest that still qualifies for removal from the scene.

This banks guy has done himself no favours at all with that document though. If a journalist is taking hold of it like he says he should have waited

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

I'm sure Redeye is a bit of an rear end in a top hat but most of that comes off as someone trying to use the moment to settle a personal vendetta outside the punching part which should have some witnesses.

I'm sure I would remember a middle age man coming up and start taking bodyshots my coworker randomly.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

NtotheTC posted:

Being abusive in the workplace should definitely carry some penalty. Its not on the same scale as the other accusations recently for sure but if all the things that were claimed WERE true I'd suggest that still qualifies for removal from the scene.

This banks guy has done himself no favours at all with that document though. If a journalist is taking hold of it like he says he should have waited

There's a lot of space between being difficult and being abusive.

I've read it again and other than the punching incident the only complaint of substance seems to be 'I did a bad job, Redeye noticed I did a bad job and told me I needed to take his advice or it would impact my career, I refused, Redeye started marginalizing me'

Which is... yeah. If you are bad at your job and refuse to take management direction on how to improve them getting your responsibilities marginalised is on the good end of outcomes to expect.

E: holy shot safari's autocomplete is awful

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 27, 2020

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I admittedly only skim read the document but thought I saw several accounts of different people say they witnessed him being verbally abusive/yelling at people? If we were just talking about him pulling someone aside in private and criticising their performance this would be a non-issue. Swearing and yelling at people that work for/under you (or in general, really) is a very different matter.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

NtotheTC posted:

I admittedly only skim read the document but thought I saw several accounts of different people say they witnessed him being verbally abusive/yelling at people? If we were just talking about him pulling someone aside in private and criticising their performance this would be a non-issue. Swearing and yelling at people that work for/under you (or in general, really) is a very different matter.

Anonymous sources, for the record. It would be nice if some people would step forward to confirm/deny stuff, especially since Redeye is nowhere near the authority he used to be.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

EE is playing mid Vengeful Spirit. I don't know if this is a normal thing this patch, but it certainly feels like a fun little oddity. https://twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

EE is playing mid Vengeful Spirit. I don't know if this is a normal thing this patch, but it certainly feels like a fun little oddity. https://twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

hes copying topson

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

yeah its a topson thing

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

It certainly doesn't appear to be a EE thing.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

copying topson requires you to be good at the game

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vR2XkoULGpnRmF8q-fJr__bOWzMujeG-1LX144ZPY0Yl6GZRgO1X_G0aIr6q2frp7qzhQqNpDozb99l/pub

Redeye response. Hard to know where the truth is in all of this. I liked Redeye and frankly it's a lot easier to believe the person who is capable of writing coherently. Unless there's more to come RE: allegations I don't see anything happening

E: actually looking at it again some of Paul's "evidence" is very weak

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 28, 2020

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Hot Bid just posted this:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRUMXgF3HrqZI-FRxm0FLo5JaIJlzeNXWs966jVpaFZV9otAPr78GQ-_TOydS_hu-BWOA8XycjZjD8E/pub

nothing else to say other than gently caress tobi

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
On Redeye, the response from a few people in the scene appears to be that it was basically an open secret that he was an rear end to work with. Seems like a bit of a Jeremy Clarkson type.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So many RAPIRAs

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

This Puppey weaver seems so annoying to play against

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

loving weaver aghs is so broken. Cheese every 16 seconds.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Don't blame nigma for that ending.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
http://www.dota2.com/patches/7.27

quote:

Removed Prowler Camp.
Ban counts reshuffled.
Creep cutting nerfed prior to 5 mins.
Fountain has Fury Swipes buff.

Lots of good changes.

Zurreco fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 29, 2020

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
patch reverted

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
btw they completely removed necro book from the game, thats how bad the item is with these changes

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Fountain has fury swipes is very good.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

so what the gently caress actually happened with necrobook

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

offlaners who cut waves are gona have a real bad time.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Johnny Joestar posted:

so what the gently caress actually happened with necrobook

it does way less damage to creeps and thus, its bad now.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ItohRespectArmy posted:

it does way less damage to creeps and thus, its bad now.

yeah i was looking over it with ??? all over my face. what are they even going for with this thing.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
i guess its strong for uhhhhh, fuckin tusk? even for that its worse since you just wanted to do lots of attacks fast. abaddon? beast master?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I think a Necro nerf was inevitable, maybe they were heavy handed but Necro strategies have been strong pretty much as long as I've been playing.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

If the new blademail passive applies to Necro damage aura then Necro got a huuuuuge nerf.

Same for really any damage over time hero?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

If the new blademail passive applies to Necro damage aura then Necro got a huuuuuge nerf.

Same for really any damage over time hero?

the blademail passive is only for getting clicked on

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The blademail passive apparently stacks with itself, although it might already have been hot-patched.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Honestly not sure why they looked at blademail in the first place as an item that needs a major buff. Giving it a passive component is interesting but should be offset by more than just losing some int.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'm glad creep cutting shenanigans are gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

rjmccall posted:

Honestly not sure why they looked at blademail in the first place as an item that needs a major buff. Giving it a passive component is interesting but should be offset by more than just losing some int.

its 20% worse at punishing spellcasters. not sure its a big buff gamer