Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Coxswain Balls posted:

It sucks because she was such a good character in this series. It would have been fun to have her attending the wedding but that would have gotten in the way of Jim's plan going off the rails. Having him see her there would be really funny in its own way but it wouldn't leave as much room for the madness that followed.

I desperately wanted a montage of everyone whose ever been in the show to show up to Ivys wedding, but I have no idea how they would have done it. Bane being there was :chefkiss: though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
OMG GOD HIS TOP HAT :kimchi:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Season 3 is just Frank in increasingly bizarre outfits

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Dean Frank?

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Each scene in Doom Patrol s2e1 that involved Cliff and the rats was pure gold. HOLE FILLED!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Warbird posted:

Was Chuck’s full name stated at any point prior to this episode? I mean we knew the joke prior to this as it was both a drat good one and pretty obvious, but I don’t recall them spelling it out.

Nope, this was the first time his full name was said as far as I can recall, and it was goddamn perfect :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Hey, that's not true. He disappeared at the start of the season. :v:

Coxswain Balls posted:

It sucks because she was such a good character in this series. It would have been fun to have her attending the wedding but that would have gotten in the way of Jim's plan going off the rails. Having him see her there would be really funny in its own way but it wouldn't leave as much room for the madness that followed.

Yeah, it's a shame. I like the dynamic between Babs and her father in this.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Axel Serenity posted:

Season 3 is just Frank in increasingly bizarre outfits

Going by how Frank spent the finale, next season should involve a ton of little baby Frank hybrids.

I did think the florist was kind of an odd touch, seeing how I think at one point in the comics Ivy described a bouquet of roses as the same thing to her as "getting a gift box of severed kitten heads."

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 27, 2020

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Rita needs lessons in Powerpoint.

Context: Rita decides she wants to become a superhero, so she decides to take point in this mission to steal Dr. Tyme's helmet so the Chief can live forever (or at least outlive Dorothy by one day) because if he dies, she'll likely set loose the Candlemaker who will wipe out the world. He's already had practice by ripping apart the audience for a freak show she was part of in merry old London in the 1920's.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 27, 2020

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Warbird posted:

Was Chuck’s full name stated at any point prior to this episode? I mean we knew the joke prior to this as it was both a drat good one and pretty obvious, but I don’t recall them spelling it out.

didn’t his parents refer to him by name? maybe i’m misremembering

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Also, while Kite Man *DOES* deserve some kudos for ultimately calling it quits, let's not forget that his vows were loving cringeworthy and completely dismissive of any consideration of Ivy over his own desires (she was obviously hearing the "four kids" thing for the first time), especially after Ivy's little stinger before the ceremony about marriage in general.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 27, 2020

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If we get a Harley season 3, I'm ecstatic because this is currently one of my favorite shows

If we don't, I'm ecstatic because that's one of the few shows I loved that I think actually got a perfect ending

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Arcsquad12 posted:

I don't think even the Justice League would want to get anywhere near Joker's new girlfriend she's got teeth.

She 100% put together a comprise where the Joker gets to be free but can only do a limited selection of villainous acts

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
"You are the wind beneath my kite"

"hell NO"

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Oh yeah, watching Ivy's face as Kiteman read his vows was perfect. The exact moment she needed to understand what she was getting into.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Catwoman just casually licking her hand in the background of the dress fitting scene was inspired.

I could go another season or two of these characters just trying to figure out what 'baddies but not bad people' looks like within the DC universe. With a writing team as good as they've assembled and this really solid voice cast I'm game to see what they can create going forward.

Doom Patrol also good, very happy to have it back.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Coming to HBO Max eventually

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

The announcement trailer for Close Enough was two years ago - when it was originally going to be on TBS.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
From my experience anyone who thinks GnR is Heavy Metal is not made for a metal head. Chuck realized at that moment that Ivy may be fun to go on capers with and have sex with, she's not really meant to be a serious partner in life.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
The bit with the police discussion of Ivy's romantic entanglements in much the same way as fan discussions have been (as to who of Kiteman/Ivy is the one who is getting the short end of the stick and should break it off) was chef-finger-kiss.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

From my experience anyone who thinks GnR is Heavy Metal is not made for a metal head.

I mean it literally is. 'Heavy metal' is a very wide encompassing label.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Megazver posted:

I mean it literally is. 'Heavy metal' is a very wide encompassing label.

No it isn't.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Besides Appetite for Destruction is nowhere near the best if you do want to adopt a broad definition of Metal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
GnR is not metal. They're a hair band with some edge.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Rhyno posted:

GnR is not metal. They're a hair band with some edge.
So that's what happened to my wife's ponytail.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I've always enjoyed Van Canto's response to similar not-metal callouts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WgkNAGDUaY&t=60s

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Hey, that's not true. He disappeared at the start of the season. :v:

Yeah, it's a shame. I like the dynamic between Babs and her father in this.

And also with Batman. "eeeeeeeuu, yikes, your legs are hella jacked up"

Her refusal to swear ever even when accidentally causing a war is adorable. Aww, frick!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Like okay

I made a monumentally bad post yesterday and I have been sitting here thinking and thinking and thinking and holy poo poo was it not thought out and tone deaf and terrible and I was going to sit here and not post or contribute for a day or two while I tried to come up with an apology for my idiocy

but then you come at is with this GNR is heavy metal bullshit and that just isn't going to loving stand.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
the heavy metal explainer has logged on

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Still think it is kind of weird that Doom Patrol is still mining Grant Morrison's run but he doesn't get any mention in the credits.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

In the YouTube trailers for episodes in season 1 and 2, he gets a 'special thanks' along with nearly every other creator that touched a Doom Patrol comic book.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 28, 2020

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I hope they get a third season.

Shows that continue after the main romantic tension is resolved are vanishingly rare, because it's a major change in the status quo and much harder to write, but I think this team has the talent to pull it off.

Edit: I'm also okay if it ends here. They did good by the characters. Kiteman being fed up with Harley's bullshit and Lake Bell's little 'hello' when starting Ivy's vows were the best bits.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 28, 2020

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
There's this show on TBS called Miracle Workers that wrapped up its story in one season but then got renewed, so for season 2 they just did a completely different premise and setting with the same cast and crew. Season 1 was about Steve Buscemi as God debating whether to scrap the Earth project, season 2 was set in medieval times and he played the town shitshoveler. Don't stop production, just have "Season 3 of Harley Quinn" be a raunchy Plastic Man show with Alan Tudyk as the lead or something along those lines.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

paradoxGentleman posted:

Hey folks! Me and some others are organizing a discord for animation fans away from SA, given the lowtax situation. Ask here or send me a PM if you want in.

Hey, maybe I'm a bit late, but I'd definitely want in!

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Nameless Pete posted:

There's this show on TBS called Miracle Workers that wrapped up its story in one season but then got renewed, so for season 2 they just did a completely different premise and setting with the same cast and crew. Season 1 was about Steve Buscemi as God debating whether to scrap the Earth project, season 2 was set in medieval times and he played the town shitshoveler. Don't stop production, just have "Season 3 of Harley Quinn" be a raunchy Plastic Man show with Alan Tudyk as the lead or something along those lines.

Huh. This makes me want to pick up Miracle Workers again. I think I stopped watching after 3 episodes.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I read an interview with the two main leads about their possible plans for season 3 and whatever they do, Harley and Ivy are staying together. Season 2 was all about will they / won't they and they aren't going to redo that for season 3.

There are plenty of plotlines left - Joker, Riddler, Bane and Dr. Psycho are still alive. Harley and Ivy still have to figure out how to actually operate as a couple. Ivy still has to learn how to trust people more and Harley has to learn how to be less selfish. Arguably those arcs were from season 1 and 2 but they aren't "done." Hell they could even take a road trip down to Florida and visit swamp thing or wherever he lives.

Also there were a ton of villans in the finale that we hadn't seen before or seen much of. The freeze lady was there, tigress, etc.

The material is there - its not like one of those shows where everyone is dead except the main character.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

i kinda don't understand what the trepidation is on a third season. Harley and Ivy doing eco-terrorism against capitalism and freeing women around the world sounds awesome imo

Rainbow Knight fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jun 28, 2020

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Me when Kivy fell through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K3lHyud3ts

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He was absolutely right to call her out and the rapid paced nature of the show meant that her reflection on her behaviour lasted all of thirty seconds before she jumped on the Harley train, so Ivy still comes off as quite a bit of an rear end in a top hat.

If they do a season 3 I want her and KiteMan to actually talk and lay it out. I'm happy he stood up for himself and told her and Harley off but there's gotta be more than that. Dude deserves the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
yeah go deserve the best someplace else you weird clist rear end in a top hat B)