Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I fully expect that TNA wanted to keep most of those people and they hosed themselves in some way. It's TNA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Circling the wagons around a racist and then getting screwed over by her unprofessional-ism is certainly a very LOLTNA move.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

J-Ro posted:

You guys wanna buy a shirt?

lol it's still up

ed: :lmao: so is the tweet that started all this

https://twitter.com/Tess_Blanchard/status/1216038823932649473

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 27, 2020

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pro Wrestling Sheet says TNA have been heavily pursuing Gallows and Anderson. They've offered deals that would let them work New Japan

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I saw some clip from Impact where D'Lo getting harrassed by Reno Scum and then teased talking to someone and saying he wanted to "get the band back together" with an Aces & Eights vest in the background. I was unsure what that could be teasing but I guess Doc would be it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Pro Wrestling Sheet says TNA have been heavily pursuing Gallows and Anderson. They've offered deals that would let them work New Japan

Isn't this the same as way back when they first got Bennett and Maria and put out there that they could still work NJPW? Like, the issue is not Impact disallowing them to work there, it's that New Japan doesn't want their talent to work Impact.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

flashy_mcflash posted:

Isn't this the same as way back when they first got Bennett and Maria and put out there that they could still work NJPW? Like, the issue is not Impact disallowing them to work there, it's that New Japan doesn't want their talent to work Impact.

This was true before but after Anthem bought the TV channel NJPW were on in the States & got them removed from it I can't imagine the feelings are somehow lessened than when it was just "holy poo poo we sent so many great guys to this company & they didn't use any of them well" & all the other stuff, especially around Okada.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

OK so who had "We just need Aces And Eights Again" in their pool

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

STAC Goat posted:

I saw some clip from Impact where D'Lo getting harrassed by Reno Scum and then teased talking to someone and saying he wanted to "get the band back together" with an Aces & Eights vest in the background. I was unsure what that could be teasing but I guess Doc would be it.

Teasing Doc but it's actually Garrett Bischoff would be the best and most likely way this will end

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That would crack me up if they teased Gallows and Anderson and ended up with Bischoff and Brisco.

I guess Knox is a midway point.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kinda burying the lede here that apparently D'Lo is still wrestling in 2020? :psyduck:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think he is? He appeared to be a member of the production staff and Reno Scum were just harassing him. So I was assuming the idea is he'd bring in Gallows and Anderson to go fight them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lLbTG7CDi0&t=58s

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah i think D'Lo's been an agent for them for a while

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He was actually production back the first time he was in Aces & Eights. Like the storyline was he was their inside guy who helped get Brisco and Bischoff contracts or something. I think he wrestled here or there but he was basically their nWo/Bischoff.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That makes more sense

Per Cagematch, D'Lo last wrestled in October, teaming with Fallah Baah against "Cousin Jake" (who I thought was noted model citizen Jake Crist but is actually Jake Something, who I totally forgot they signed) and "Cody Deaner," which I'm still not sure is a real person.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He's just a producer/agent now, his last match was a one-off on a coproduction show with another indy in October

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody Deaner is a former Knockout Champion. Show respect.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Bring back Norv Fernum for the Aces & Eights

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He's too busy shushing people in AEW.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

That makes more sense

Per Cagematch, D'Lo last wrestled in October, teaming with Fallah Baah against "Cousin Jake" (who I thought was noted model citizen Jake Crist but is actually Jake Something, who I totally forgot they signed) and "Cody Deaner," which I'm still not sure is a real person.

Cody Deaner was a comedy talent in the company in the late-00s that was paired with ODB. They randomly brought him back last year and paired him with Jake Something as brothers, and it actually...has been decent?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, they seem like a perfectly serviceable tag team.

The whole division seems like perfectly serviceable tag teams but the loss of LAX and Lucha Bros killed them for headliners.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Was Parrow in Aces and Eights?

E: I guess they did some extra work for them or something? Parrow would be a decent pickup for the company, I don't know who this other guy is.

https://twitter.com/CJODoyle/status/1276585621381877763?s=19

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Cody Deaner was actually pretty fun his first time around

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

He got into the company in a very bad way with that stupid "One Night with ODB" angle that was about someone winning a chance to spend, well, a one night stand with ODB. But over time the duo of Deaner and ODB actually became very entertaining.

Plus there's always that insane bump to the outside in his match against Doug Williams, which Deaner somehow managed to walk away from without any serious injury.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They're gonna get Anderson back

Except it's Ken Anderson

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Mr. Anderson Anderson is two andersons compared to that other guy's one, that's twice as good

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

STAC Goat posted:

He's too busy shushing people in AEW.

Huh I never realised that! I quite enjoyed those early EC3 squash matches

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I like Dlo and I’m glad he has a job in the industry.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

The two of them have been hyping up July 18th as a big deal, it’s possible but I have my doubts

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

Only TNA would bring back Gallows & Anderson who have absolutely none of the shine they had before their WWE run, in order to bring back a stable whose existence dragged on far too long even for TNA.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

If they would leave the Aces & 8s dead and just bring Gallows and Anderson that'd be fine.

But if this means Bully Ray coming back then :fuckoff:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I like Dlo and I’m glad he has a job in the industry.

I watched the Brawl for All DSOTR and he's clearly still haunted by injuring Droz. He looks like he'd give anything to change it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Benne posted:

That makes more sense

Cody Deaner is one of those fake names that get used when someone refuses to let their name be used on something, like Alan Smithee.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Not shocked

https://twitter.com/WrestlingGary/status/1277598927961968640

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'm a little shocked. I figured the Good Brothers would be heading to AEW.

I wanted Big LG to open the Forbidden Portal

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Them going to Impact most likely keeps them from NJPW so seems good.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 29, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

To be honest, putting aside opinions about individual companies I think they're better off in Impact than AEW. I like them but I think they would have been lost in the shuffle in AEW's crowded tag division and either would taken away from FTR's debut or been overshadowed. Meanwhile Impact's tag division really needs a kick in the rear end and while I don't think they're quite it they should immediately have a top spot. Even as Aces & Eights (which I didn't totally hate).

I just think WWE really cooled them off badly and the whole Bullet Club/Elite world has moved so far past them that without someone like AJ or Finn they're kinda just a slightly older decent tag team.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I wouldn't hate seeing them anywhere but I'm not going to be sad if they end up Impact.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Current card for Slammiversary (happening July 18)

Jordynne Grace defends the Knockouts title against Deonna Purrazzo
Rosemary, Nevaeh, Su Yung, Kiera Hogan, Taya Valkyrie, Kylie Rae, Tasha Steelz, Alisha Edwards, Jessicka Havok and Kimber Lee in a gauntlet match for #1 contendership to the Knockouts title
Willie Mack defends the X title against Chris Bey

Nobody knows what's up with the world title situation now that the five-way match is obviously not happening with Tessa and Elgin both fired. Maybe they have the triple threat with the remaining people planned to be in it (Ace Austin, Eddie Edwards and Trey Miguel) for the vacant belt; maybe they put in also-abuser Moose for a fourway since he's kinda still TNA champ; maybe they fire him too, vacate that too, and have a triple threat for both belts; who knows

ed: All I know is the Knockouts division is pretty stacked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I'm here for Good Brothers vs The North (or Deaners, Rascalz, XXXL or even Reno Scum)... Pretty much here for Gallows & Anderson vs the world.

Edit: sorta beaten. Another match for Slammiversary:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1277632920736260096