Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

TV Zombie posted:

Please support Arisa Hoshiki and send love. She’s apparently being bullied for retiring and might be dealing with depression now.

what shes posting is... not good... she needs wellness checks :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lid posted:

what shes posting is... not good... she needs wellness checks :(
Her last tweet was from May, so did she delete them recently?

e: I was on her wrestling profile and not her personal. Reporting all the people harassing her, Twitter needs to loving get with the program.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 16, 2020

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

RealFoxy posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/udonsato_udn/status/1272863325307592704?s=21

Human waste is still alive. I'm sorry... sorry for not contributing anything. It's not worth it because it's a person who makes me notice only things I can't do, but I have a respiratory system, so I'm sorry for breathing. Ah. I wasn't recognized as a person. I'm sorry to call myself a human.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

She has a second account

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sanguinia posted:

gently caress wrestling fans.

they're not real fans if they give people poo poo for retiring.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
This seems to be the same person (or small group of people) that she's been dealing with for a while; they keep on creating alts to get around blocks and bans. Main thing that they go after her for is her still living with her parents like that's something to be ashamed of. Just goes to show the minor things people will use and the amount of harm that one person can cause.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

gently caress wrestling fans.

Truer words...

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/dunkzilladavis/status/1273170958392741892?s=21

there are like, 500 .gifs

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://mobile.twitter.com/narukiroy/status/1253156570373988353

I HAVE QUESTIONS

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

If you want to see the matches that these are from: its the AJW Classics series available here. Basically its a series of shows that Samurai TV have been doing since 2007 where they've basically gone through the AJW Archive in chronological order (mostly) and picked out the top matches from the early 80s on - currently they are in 2002. The shows from the 80s were the early ones where they didn't quite have the format down so they skip a lot, very much focus on the Crush Gals because, well, they were the stars at the time but it means you don't get a lot of big Jaguar Yokota matches and stuff but as an idea of what Joshi was like at the time, worth a watch.

e: Dump Matsumoto was the top heel at the time and she'd stab people with poo poo sometimes. I think this might also have been in that time between the two Nagayo/Matsumoto hair matches (Nagayo lost the first in a bullshit way, getting her revenge later on) so there is a reason for the scissors on top of that. One thing that shocked me when I was going through those early AJW shows was just how bloody they got: basically every Crush Gals vs Villainous Alliance match ended with Asuka and Nagayo covered in blood and some pretty gnarly stuff. They took a lot of cues from Lucha at that time which might explain it.

IceAgeComing fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jun 17, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I went in with the same mindset. "Oh its old joshi, they'll probably hit each other real hard and wear goofy lookin swimsuits...did she just stab someone :stare:"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"500? that has to be an exaggeration"

*scroll to bottom, Load 482 More Replies*

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is there a way to watch Ice Ribbon? or has it been mentioned and I have to check the first post?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TV Zombie posted:

Is there a way to watch Ice Ribbon? or has it been mentioned and I have to check the first post?

They have some shows & matches on their Youtube but I believe the best way to watch them is to subscribe to their NicoNico channel which is 550 Yen a month

Also their online shop ships abroad but I think there's a minimum spend.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://twitter.com/udonsato_udn/status/1273858414595043329?s=21

Someone please check on Arisa.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

That's her apologising for worrying people last time and returning to Twitter. Her bandmates have already said she's okay

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Good ol' auto-translate, leaving off the most important part of the tweet (ただいま/"I'm back.")

At least it's not quite as bad as when it somehow managed to translate Miyako Matsumoto's tweet in the wake of Hana's passing as "I don't care."

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

TJPW had a show tonight and the main stuff that happened is that Maki Itoh has effectively created what he considers her "Kaientai DX" with Raku and Pom (who seems surprised that she is included)

Also Yuki Aino challenged Yuka for a future title shot. Kamiyu heard and ran into the ring to drop kick Yuki and demand the shot herself. Yuka suggested they have a match first to determine the challenger.

Then, since Nodoka was just kind of awkwardly spectating, Yuka cheerfully offered her a title match as well if she wanted.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Hyper Misao and Shoko had good chemistry as a team imo, I'd like to see them together more. I don't expect either Yuki to be the one to dethrone Yuka but they've worked hard and improved a bunch from where I started watching so I'm excited to see them in the spotlight.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

deepl.com is better almost all of the time for machine translating japanese.

and for a stardom tweet that doesn't need transtlated:

https://twitter.com/SMR_sptmber_luv/status/1274219954754084864?s=20

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Hikari absolutely wrecked Neko Haruna with her Uranage finisher so I hope she's okay

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Checking twitter, she was up and alive at the post-show autograph signings (with face shield and mask) but yeah that was a scary spot.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Neodoomium posted:

Hikari absolutely wrecked Neko Haruna with her Uranage finisher so I hope she's okay

I feel like me complaining it looked kinda underwhelming a few months ago was kinda harsh, better than nearly necking someone on it.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Jesus Christ, Rossy...

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1274557122198466560?s=20

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

I feel like me complaining it looked kinda underwhelming a few months ago was kinda harsh, better than nearly necking someone on it.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it was reckless, I think she's probably worked on it and Haruna got up for it a little more than she expected so she over-rotated.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stardom got Jumbo Arita

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1274565728046325762?s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

She looks cool.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

She's got new gear that makes her look like Maika who already had gear that makes her look like Utami so it's confusing.

They did change her nickname from Jumbo to Jumbo Princess along with chopping off her last name though

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jun 21, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You look cool George

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Thanks

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this is me and george.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

And Utami.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Was going to make fun of them doing the WWE thing of chopping second names off people but it fits in with the rest of the stable who also are one name people who've pretty much always been one name people (Giulia, Syuri, Maika, Himeka) so its fine.

If people want to see more of her stuff to get an idea of her as a wrestler; I remember her SEAd tag title reign with Miyuki Takase being fun as were that team more generally; and her AWG Title tournament final match against Takase was very good. On YouTube there are some of her 2019 Catch the WAVE matches but I've not watched those since they didn't air at the time.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Group promos are up - since its a mystery card rather than do promos for each match they did them by faction, the TCS one is, well, its something. They also have uploaded the ten-bell salute and Jungle Kyona's pre-show speech.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hanan, Hina, and Rina have apparently grown half a foot since the last show they were on.

The TCS promo was heartbreaking but also uplifting. She's out there somewhere watching, so do your best for her.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
SHIMMER uploaded the excellent Kana vs Hamada match from volume 50. Very much worth a watch.

https://youtu.be/6eKQ2YZ0-_0

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/senjo2006/status/1276789119381729280?s=19

"People are harassing our wrestlers on social media. If it doesn't stop we will alert the police or take legal action"

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Have the cops bring them to Satomura to kick in the face

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ishin posted:

Have the cops bring them to Satomura to kick in the face
Satomura flanked by Nick loving Gauge and Minoru Suzuki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

RealFoxy posted:

Satomura flanked by Nick loving Gauge and Minoru Suzuki.

tbh I think she'd be fine on her own.

https://twitter.com/satomurameiko/status/1274295315886034944