Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
disregard i suck cocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Sillybones posted:

disregard i suck cocks

Bet you are not the first person to say that and get out of paying their taxxes.

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

:10bux:

Inspector Gesicht posted:

So what are opinions of the Cyberpunk demo? None of the game-systems are ground-breaking but they look diverse and well-implemented: FPS combat, open-world driving, dialogues with skill-checks, as well less-interesting stuff like the crime-scene analysis from that crappy Arkham game. It's like if Rockstar Games wasn't fifteen years behind everyone else in terms of gameplay.

It definitely looks like every production dollar in on screen and has been slaved over for the past five years. I highly doubt the now-ancient PS4 and Xbox will run it well unless the ports are Bluepoint caliber. I'm sure the end-result will match the praise of the Witcher 3 but won't be to everyone's taste, possibly due to samey combat or excessive inventory-management.

I really don't want all future AAA games to be 100 hour-long behemoths built on crunch, but I do hope CIG gets loving raked for being so incompetent in comparison. I know they don't have any shame given their JPEG grift, but I would like to see them get put on the spot like Peter O'Hanrahanrahan.

I think it looks pretty good. Also, I don't mind the crime scene investigation stuff, it has its place in Cyberpunk (Blade Runner, Observer, investigating a crime scene with cool gadgets is par for the course). How good the X-Box / PS4 versions turn out, well we will see. I will play it on a PS4 Pro since I've sold my gaming rig over a year ago and don't care anymore about highest possible graphical fidelity and I can also live with 30fps in a slow-paced single player game these days. I'm sure it will be fine.

Thing is: They released an uncommented gameplay-video, so you have a rough idea of what to expect. Anyone who expects CoD gunplay or Forza-like driving physics, well, it's their fault. Witcher 3 (for me at least) lived from the excellent quests, the characters and the overall world-building. The horse riding, the combat system and the inventory management were all serviceable but surely nothing exceptional. And that's okay for an RPG and I expect the same from Cyberpunk. Shooting, driving the car and such won't get in the way, it will even have it's moments (I really like the graphical style and overall atmosphere transported in the video), but first and foremost it's an RPG where your decisions should have an impact on the world. If they can achieve this I'am happy with it.

I'll spare you the obligatory SC comparison. You can spend 50 bucks on the ROC mining vehicle or you can just buy Cyberpunk2077 in November.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

What the gently caress is an Idris anyway and when did to become a meme?

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

You can only experience the ingenuity of the meme, by buying an Idris.

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

Everything you need to know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMoxa5aKIvs

Trigger Warning: You might feel the urge to pump thousands of dollars in the BDSSE

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ggangensis posted:

Trigger Warning: You might feel the urge to pump thousands of dollars in the BDSSE

so many pointless corridors i don't understand why anyone would-

(looks down at wallet, which is twitching and trying to flip itself open)

what is it boy, what do you see

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

sebmojo posted:

so many pointless corridors i don't understand why anyone would-

(looks down at wallet, which is twitching and trying to flip itself open)

what is it boy, what do you see

I see... space peons, mopping the floors, their empty stare transmitted via VoIP, saying "I hope the captain let's me mop the bridge, at last". I see my crew, waiting in the briefing room for my orders. I see preparation for the next, epic battle with thousands of players where my Idris will bring the decision. I see a glorious life as an Idris captain and I see all of that for a measly 1500 dollars. It is true, Chris Roberts is a visionary. *openswallet*

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

ggangensis posted:

wtf, why?

so smoky.

edit: found the problem

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jun 28, 2020

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Space dog

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

ggangensis posted:

...I see a glorious life as an Idris captain and I see all of that for a measly 1500 dollars. It is true, Chris Roberts is a visionary. *openswallet*

You missed the best part. It was first sold 6-7 years ago. You still can't fly it in the game.

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

Experimental Skin posted:

You missed the best part. It was first sold 6-7 years ago. You still can't fly it in the game.

GTA V took 21 years to develop and an Idris alone has more content that any AAA-game out there, so I'm ok with waiting a few years more so that it is up to Chris' standards.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

ggangensis posted:

Not going to lie, but this makes me want to buy Star Citizen.

Until I realised this was filmed 2 years ago and it still isn't in the game. Meaning it probably never will be.

Good old Star Citizen!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I think the idris was the original hot poo poo gray market item, like people were buying them from other players for a few thousand over the original price.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Hezzy posted:

Not going to lie, but this makes me want to buy Star Citizen.

Until I realised this was filmed 2 years ago and it still isn't in the game. Meaning it probably never will be.

Good old Star Citizen!
And sold since 2013 (?) :tif:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

new Dead Space game lookin' like absolute poo poo tbh

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

An insane mind posted:

Reading the first thread atm and I'm getting so sad. Everyone was so loving hype for this game, ready to see what it would be. This is so interesting, sad and simultaniously fun with 2020 hindsight.

I have to say, I salute your journey into the past of the threads. I cannot imagine dredging through that poo poo.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

So someone a few pages ago linked that old Ben thread (though honestly, people examine every inch of his bedroom is nearly as creepy as his stalker crush thing...) but someone also linked the reddit post laying it all out for the Star Citizen faithful. I was honestly surprised that the majority were creeped out and wanted him fired over the stalking and pedo stuff- with a few exceptions.

I realized I recognized a name:

"I use the n-word in my gaming sessions, therefore everyone else must do it too... SLANDER, FUD, AND HYPOCRISY, I SAY!!!"

I'd say never change, dude- but I really don't think he will.

(also I ran "gremlich" through google translate and I guess it's German for "awkward" which is so appropriate.)

Hang on, is this where "gamer words" came from?

EmesiS posted:

Never forget DapperDon.

Shitposting and laughing at the error of others is truly comedy and hilarious, but this forum was a venue for the wisdom and kindness of DD. He was a gift that shouldn’t be lost or forgotten.

I think we could do without his wisdom on work dress codes to be honest.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Fidelitious posted:

Hang on, is this where "gamer words" came from?

Yeah, I mean not that incident in particular, but because so many streamers get popped for saying them on stream. If I remember right it grew out of a tweet excusing pewdiepie for saying the n word on stream during what the author referred to as a "heated gaming moment" lol

Larz
Jul 29, 2011

All you need to know about the Idris.

https://youtu.be/88WL5MX1Co8

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/1277254729857249280
https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/1277257901266964480

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It's almost as if no one wants to work there

marumaru
May 20, 2013

anyone have a link to that airbus joystick "review" with a SC namedrop handy? i swear i didn't just imagine this.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

I love how these people exist in their own tiny and forgotten Twitter-sphere, but they act like the fate of the project hangs on their every word. Like the king of the game dads and “major SC influencer” Jorunn has ~1000 followers and his posts average around 25 reactions.

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

peter gabriel posted:

It's almost as if no one wants to work there
A mate of mine in the industry got an unprompted CIG job interview offer via a recruiter. He showed me the email: full of the usual puffery selling the project as this big epic thing, a chance to make your name on a AAA project, huge budget, awesome team, etc. etc. the works. They didn't name the project or developer so he replied something along the lines of "if this is for star citizen don't ever contact me again".

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

an actual frog posted:

A mate of mine in the industry got an unprompted CIG job interview offer via a recruiter. He showed me the email: full of the usual puffery selling the project as this big epic thing, a chance to make your name on a AAA project, huge budget, awesome team, etc. etc. the works. They didn't name the project or developer so he replied something along the lines of "if this is for star citizen don't ever contact me again".

:lol:

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

an actual frog posted:

:gary:

I mean, who doesn't love working on a thing for months and then some Homer Simpson-like character, who happens to be your boss, comes along. He doesn't really understand what you're doing and why, but out of his urge to look and feel important just orders you to scrap everything and re-work it.

Crobs is basically the anti-thesis of how management should work. The anti-manager so to speak.

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

It’s 2020 & I’m a longtime fan of Star Citizen who still believes in the 600+ creative people who are making something amazing for all of us

Says it all I guess. He chose to believe, even when facts point in the other direction. Hope he finds some happiness in SC and isn't hit too hard when CIG goes belly up.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

ggangensis posted:

It’s 2020 & I’m a longtime fan of Star Citizen who still believes in the 600+ creative people who are making something amazing for all of us

Says it all I guess. He chose to believe, even when facts point in the other direction. Hope he finds some happiness in SC and isn't hit too hard when CIG goes belly up.

I also voted for the Devs not to live with their families.
Devs need to be working 24/7 365 to finish the artwork to sell more ships.
Families just get in the way of Star Citizer.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
Star Citizer: Families get in the way of development

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Oh btw, want something else to laugh at the Stadia thread re-opened recently.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Inacio posted:

anyone have a link to that airbus joystick "review" with a SC namedrop handy? i swear i didn't just imagine this.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/25/21303529/thrustmaster-tca-sidestick-airbus-edition-availability-price-review-microsoft-flight-simulator

dejapes
Jan 4, 2020
Star Citizen should just go full space second life.

Online real estate becomes space ships. Being the proud owner of an Idris means you have that much more space for your personalized 'inevitable consequences' space dungeon.

Fifty people max is no longer a problem when you're just hopping from one personalized space to another for hobnobbing with other space nobles and griping about how the space plebians are doing a poor job keeping your space yacht clean.

The absurd monetization of space ships, vehicles, and costumes starts to make sense when it's understood to be solely a social ranking exercise involving flaunted cosmetics and not the purchase of actual assets with the expectation of attached gameplay.

Each space ship / server can have its own PvP slider.

Opening up map tools and modded spaces can circumvent the perpetually-clogged content pipelines.

Second Life is known for overblown social hubs sparse in actual traffic and reliant on imagination, roleplay and screenshots - a perfect match.

It will have just as much to do with flying around in space and doing interesting space things as the current PU does.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/HTTu8s4.gifv

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

:reddit: just tired.... posted:

just tired of these fu.....g 30K

EDIT: and no...i dont have microwave and all my pipes are in PVC!!!!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

bless you

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

dejapes posted:

Star Citizen should just go full space second life.

Online real estate becomes space ships. Being the proud owner of an Idris means you have that much more space for your personalized 'inevitable consequences' space dungeon.

Fifty people max is no longer a problem when you're just hopping from one personalized space to another for hobnobbing with other space nobles and griping about how the space plebians are doing a poor job keeping your space yacht clean.

The absurd monetization of space ships, vehicles, and costumes starts to make sense when it's understood to be solely a social ranking exercise involving flaunted cosmetics and not the purchase of actual assets with the expectation of attached gameplay.

Each space ship / server can have its own PvP slider.

Opening up map tools and modded spaces can circumvent the perpetually-clogged content pipelines.

Second Life is known for overblown social hubs sparse in actual traffic and reliant on imagination, roleplay and screenshots - a perfect match.

It will have just as much to do with flying around in space and doing interesting space things as the current PU does.

Yeah at this point they might as well just turn it into a roleplaying hangout for whales and drop the pretense of making it a real game. It’s basically what it has already evolved into anyway.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

That is a great catte.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The first 3 minutes of this video are downright pathetic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXFzhZSD_sQ&t=71s

Hundreds of dollars burned and the broken piece of poo poo does a goddamn jig

Adbot