Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Chinatown posted:

I'm going to Costco today.

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
may we meet again one day friend

:sigh:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i see some in the bath

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

Fallom posted:

i see some in the bath

*(2019, colorized)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

may we meet again one day friend

:sigh:

:patriot:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://twitter.com/KRyan2014/status/1246690103847792643

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Snowmankilla posted:

Nice, but did you get a dog and drink (with refil) for $1.50?

Alas, no, it was packed and there was a huge-rear end line. Took me 10 minutes of waiting even to get out the door.

I know I know, “do you even Costco bro”, but rona is spiking again and I’m not waiting in close proximity with 27 maskless karens and greggs for 15 minutes for a hot dog, the suburban one is ironically a lot less packed

edit: For as great as Costco is, ironically the chud menards gives 100x more fucks about the state mask rule. Maybe when Costco actually starts enforcing masks maybe I can have $1.50 dogs and drink (with free refill) once again.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 27, 2020

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/AndyRichter/status/1276586624969633793?s=19

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

As long as they don't stop making the 8 lb custard filled ones we'll be ok, right thread? right? RIGHT?!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Virigoth posted:

As long as they don't stop making the 8 lb custard filled ones we'll be ok, right thread? right? RIGHT?!

Tuxedo cakes are awesome, hopefully they keep making them

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
RE: KitchenAid mixers.
Maybe double check with the Goons With Spoons kitchen equipment thread. I recall there being several different types of mixers in that style and some have plastic parts instead of metal and don't last as long. Costco has stocked both types in the past.

RE: Blenders
I have the $70 Ninja they sell online and in stores. I am not a blender connoisseur, but it does my blended ice drinks and everything else just fine. If you're the type of person making a fruit smoothie for breakfast every morning then splurging for the Vitamix may make sense, but I think the Ninja will handle most people's needs. DO NOT TOUCH THE BLADES! They're sharp as gently caress, at least out of the package.

RE: Sheetcakes.
Super lame, but understandable I suppose. My kids looked at the display every trip and talked about which they'd pick for their birthday. In the whole scope of things, disappointing children seems pretty minor, but it makes me really sad.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Disappointing children is the best way to prepare them for adulthood.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
My Costco had small pie-sized birthday cakes, I figured it was a COVID measure.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
The 'co had some long sleeved, hooded rashguards today. They're great for keeping my tender goon skin from being roasted while kayaking.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Chinatown posted:

I'm going to Costco today.

get me a hot dog

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Chiming in that my Ninja blender has been a pro-buy. I got mine from Amazon, idk about Costco, but yeah definitely buying another whenever it bites the dust.

:rip: onion dispenser, I await our reunion every trip. My first few ‘roni visits they had the diced onions in little plastic containers on the side you could get. Haven’t seen those in weeks tho

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

BeastOfExmoor posted:

RE: KitchenAid mixers.
Maybe double check with the Goons With Spoons kitchen equipment thread. I recall there being several different types of mixers in that style and some have plastic parts instead of metal and don't last as long. Costco has stocked both types in the past.

The Pro 600 version with the bowl lift is the good one. stay away from the Artisan series

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I bought a kitchen aid mixer on an amazing sale years and years ago but I’ve almost never used it, shamefully. Food processor and blenders I use but mixer almost never.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i used to have a kitchenaid food processor and it was great, not the same one on sale at costco, it was a bigger one... for blenders i prefer glass pitchers which for some reason only come with like cheap oysters because i do a lot of savory purees and stuff that can stain or odorize plastics and having used a $60 oster and a $400 ninja the results just aren't worth it

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

if you want to make bread the bigass kitchenaid stand mixer is king, the smaller size is only good for whipped cream and cookies and stuff, dough will climb out and escape the smaller bowl

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

StormDrain posted:

I almost forgot when I walked into the Costco a couple was wheeling out a chest freezer. It was a smaller one, like 7cuft I think?

That's a good idea, when I buy cold stuff I just rush home and unpack it ASAP.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I cannot tell if you are joking.

There were two more in stock when I went in by the way. The chest freezers have returned to Costco, commerce is healing.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Gonna head to the church later today. Are meat prices still sky high or has that fallen back to normal?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Cases are on the rise again here and we're probably gonna lock back down soon. Time to go to church

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

OldSenileGuy posted:

Gonna head to the church later today. Are meat prices still sky high or has that fallen back to normal?

Looked like regular price here in Denver. $9.99 for NY strip steaks cut, and $1.49 I think on chicken thighs

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
When I was at church on Sunday, a guy made it past the door checker without a mask.

I was in line behind him checking out, and the sweet older woman cashier yelled at him for not having a mask until the manager came over. The manager took his cart and told him to leave, and that if he entered without a mask again they were cancelling his membership.

I love my Costco!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Hambulance posted:

When I was at church on Sunday, a guy made it past the door checker without a mask.

I was in line behind him checking out, and the sweet older woman cashier yelled at him for not having a mask until the manager came over. The manager took his cart and told him to leave, and that if he entered without a mask again they were cancelling his membership.

I love my Costco!

hell yeah

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Just chiming in to say that KitchenAid mixers are great. I have my grandparents old one that is from the 50’s and it works just as well as it did when I was a kid. One thing worth mentioning is that there are attachments for it that work great for slicing, grinding and shredding.
In fact, that’s our main use for it... shredding cheese.
We have the old style all cast aluminum original attachments, but I’m certain that if we bought some new ones they would fit.

They really are worth the money

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

If you even casually enjoy baking and you don't have a KitchenAid mixer you're really loving up.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

The Pro 600 version with the bowl lift is the good one. stay away from the Artisan series

Pro 600 or death.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

If you even casually enjoy baking and you don't have a KitchenAid mixer you're really loving up.

Pro 600 or death.

Hot alternative take: Bosch Universal Mixer.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The Pro 600 seems like a great value and has more power, but its too big and sucks unless you're making big things, and also its loud as poo poo.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

Hot alternative take: Bosch Universal Mixer.

I have never even seen one of these and I do not believe that you can get them on sale at Costco right now for $239. Are they nice?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My shredded parmesan has mold in it and the expiry is in october, costco will refund that right? Never gotten a food refund from them before.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

priznat posted:

My shredded parmesan has mold in it and the expiry is in october, costco will refund that right? Never gotten a food refund from them before.

Yes

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I got the Hot Bitchin Sauce, wow they aren't kidding. That was like the deep burn, this is gonna heat up your stomach for the next few hours hot.

Did not like the pesto style though. It didn't really taste of pesto. I have been eating the Kirkland Pesto with eggs, pasta or bread semi regularly so my taste buds might be a little used to the flavor.

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

namlosh posted:

Just chiming in to say that KitchenAid mixers are great. I have my grandparents old one that is from the 50’s and it works just as well as it did when I was a kid. One thing worth mentioning is that there are attachments for it that work great for slicing, grinding and shredding.
In fact, that’s our main use for it... shredding cheese.
We have the old style all cast aluminum original attachments, but I’m certain that if we bought some new ones they would fit.

They really are worth the money

Which attachments are you using for shredding cheese?

FlyTB20C
Sep 16, 2004

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I wish I would have stumbled upon this information over the holidays. I got an Artisan with the glass bowl for Black Friday.

The knowledge gained in the Costco thread is truly a blessing. PBUC.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My Kitchen Aid food processor is a whiz at shredding cheese, and for making bread crumbs. Also hummus, makes great hummus!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

priznat posted:

Next time, put half in a vacuum sealed bag and pop that in the freezer.

Vacuum sealer is very complimentary to a Costco membership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

canyoneer posted:

Next time, put half in a vacuum sealed bag and pop that in the freezer.

Vacuum sealer is very complimentary to a Costco membership.

Yeah I do have one even although it is sucking less lately (heh) for whatever reason. I guess it isn’t as ageless as the usual lovely parm powder I get.